main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    I know Harrison is in his 70's and all, but I've been wondering if he's got some serious health issues that haven't been made public. It's been a long time since I've seen one of his movies at the theater, but watching him in recent interviews and on the David Blaine special, he seems lethargic or at least, 20 years older than he really is. All these years seem to be catching up to him

2. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    He always sounds lethargic in interviews. That's his "style".

markdeez likes this.
  3. mcgo

mcgo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 22, 2013
    See 42. See Ender 's Game. He can still deliver. he has never been great at interviews and is reputed to be a big fan of the wacky weed, so lethargy might actually just be the aftereffects of a pot brownie. :)

4. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Yeah he is in
    Better shape then most people at 40. I'm sure he is still good mentally as well

5. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Haha, go watch any interview he did in the 80's. He's the exact same now as he was then. That's just who he is.

markdeez, JediMatteus, Gemma and 2 others like this.
  6. Acroyear

Mar 24, 2001
    Actually, I saw Ender's Game. I forgot he was in it. I wouldn't say he was one of his memorable performances.

7. Acroyear

Mar 24, 2001
    No. I know how he is/was back then. He's not exactly the same now. Less so.

8. mcgo

mcgo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 22, 2013
    I would say Ender ' s Game wasn't a memorable MOVIE, but it wasn't his performance that was the problem, and it certainly wasn't the performance of a doddering old guy with serious health issues.

9. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    I want him and Carrie to do all press together as a unit. Good lord it would be entertaining. With poor Mark, just being an enthusiastic, well-spoken professional.

Like a father trying to cover for his sarcastic teenagers, one who is 'over it' and the other who might say something outrageous at any second.

markdeez, Gemma, Claire1976 and 3 others like this.
  10. mcgo

mcgo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 22, 2013
    I don't think anyone is denying that he has slowed down a bit with age, and he gives less of a crap about the interview process than ever before ( ask me how my 70 something year old dad feels about doing things he doesn't like at this point!) I think the serious health issue comment though is unfounded. He bounced back on that I walk pretty quickly and he still pilots a plane.

VMeran and Yanksfan like this.
  11. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    forgive me for the roughness of this gif, but I couldn't resist and kinda rushed it..lol

Harrison seems fine...he's already back to dancing...
    [​IMG]

12. Acroyear

Mar 24, 2001
    How is MY concern for HIS health 'unfounded'? And my concern has nothing to do with Ep. 7 per se, but for the rest of his career..

coxie0520 likes this.
  13. mcgo

mcgo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 22, 2013
    Calm down! This is my favorite actor we are talking about, and if you see some of my other posts at the time of his injury, I really don't give much of a damn about Ep VII when compared to HF being healthy and able to do the things he loves for a good long time.

I'm saying "unfounded" because given the things that he still does, which take significant mental acuity (like acting in films and flying planes) I don't think there's any real evidence of a serious health problem (other than this injury and who knows what problems that will cause).

14. Acroyear

Mar 24, 2001
    'Calm down!' Lol.. whatever..

15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Han Solo: I didn't kill my wife it was a one armed man.;)

EviL_eLF likes this.
  16. Acroyear

Mar 24, 2001
    My legitimate concern for a 72 year-old man's health and well being is 'unfounded' because he's showing signs that he's not quite as lucid and cognizant as he once was??

17. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Yes. Now calm down.

mcgo and VMeran like this.
  18. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    My favorite interview that Harrison has done this year was with Craig Ferguson. He was there to support either 42 or Ender's Game and they wound up talking about flying aircraft and they spent the entire interview time talking about flying and what kind of aircrafts that he currently owns and I think he even told the story of his solo flight that earned him his pilot's license when he was 52. If you google their names together it should pop up. He seemed very comfortable with this topic.

MadYank and mcgo like this.
  19. Santar

Santar Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2014
    As I've said before, Harrison is just a shy guy, he really doesn't like to give interviews.
    The best interview with him I've seen was with Jon Favreau, check it out here:

You can tell how relaxed Harrison was there since it was jut the two of them talking.

Gemma, mcgo, HanSolo29 and 2 others like this.
  20. robo_obi

Mar 15, 2002
    i keep meaning to bring that interview up when people talk about how grumpy he is in interviews.

it's a great one and you can tell its because he's comfortable with Jon...

Gemma likes this.
  21. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    That is a fab interview, seen it before. And he really is very shy. I don't get how some people seem to think his role in episode 7 was made bigger to appease his huge ego. Yet I've never seen Harrison as a person with any kind of inflated ego, so I get kind of annoyed when people start spouting that. He's a very humble guy from everything I've ever seen. Now Mr Cruise in comparison... That's an ego.

VMeran, Gemma, mcgo and 2 others like this.
  22. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    [​IMG]

RavagerFish likes this.
  23. robo_obi

Mar 15, 2002
    well that just went to a whole other level....lol

24. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Tom Cruise is a really nice guy. I hear nothing but good things about him as a person.

25. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    At 0.36 his mannerisms remind me of that scene in Raiders where Sallah tells him they have a French archaelogist at the Tanis dig and Indy says " Belloq..... Belloq"

Yanksfan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.