main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    :eek: That is a little risky after his on Set injury.[face_nail_biting]

Though that slide does look like a blast. I would love to give it a go! :D :cool:

2. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    My bigest point I kept stressing was Harrison would be healed after 6 weeks and I was right as can be plainly seen in Videos and Photos. You said you worked in the medical profesion in England and in your Esteemed opinion he would be out for 6 months. Me and another poster presented you with facts and you did not want to hear it.

I Believe Star Wars Episode 7 is in the two week Hiatus if they are not back to filming on set by Monday I will be verry surprised. Acording To Adam Driver His next film will start filming in mid November based on this Information Star Wars Episode 7 should be filming the rest of August, all through September, and All Through October.

3. Nickname320

Nickname320 Jedi Knight

Jun 29, 2014
    Agreed. Han's character arc throughout the OT implies that Han grew into a man with a cause. By the time of Ep VII, command of a Super Star Destroyer does seem like a "natural progression" of responsibility entrusted to him by the Rebellion/New Republic. That's not to say that his individual flair should be lost; I'm sure a roguish commander, along with a Wookiee first officer (or XO, or the like), with a Super Star Destroyer would be quite an exciting thing to see in action.

And as far as semantics goes, Han's 'General' rank established in RotJ shouldn't be an issue regarding command of a naval vessel. Jedi 'Generals' are shown commanding Republic vessels in countless instances in the Clone Wars, and (forgive the 'Legends' EU reference) 'General' Antilles was given command of the SSD Lusankya in the NJO. Being the old EU fan that I am, I think that christening Han's rumored SSD the 'Lusankya' would be a nice, and not unreasonable, nod to Mike Stackpole and his brilliant work in the Legends universe.

Still, I suppose that JJ and the crew are trying to forge their own path with these new movies (and away from the old EU), though. A guy can only hope.

Dak Oolron and Adi_Gallia_9 like this.
  4. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    LOL!!! Now you are putting words in my mouth that I never said which proves you never read my posts!

I never said he would be out for 6 months. I said he could be but unlikely to be out that long. It was the papers saying 6 months, not me. There is a difference between the two words. I pointed out facts from the NHS website (so unless you want to say that the entire health system in the UK is completely wrong) which specifically stated that broken legs can take between three to six months if they are severe fractures. That is not me stating it will take him 6 months. I said it was likely to be three months before he was allowed back on set. Go back and read my posts. Or do you want me to do it for you?

Oh, btw, if he was completely healed by 6 weeks, why isn't he back on set yet? Hmm? What is the need for the two week hiatus then? It's 4 weeks later. Just because one is walking around and getting back to being physical, it does not automatically mean they have completely healed or they have been signed off by his doctors to go back to work yet.

You also believed Ford would be back on set by the end of July... and that the two week hiatus would be between 1st and 14th August. Hows that going for you? ;)

5. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    oh please let's not start up the "Harrison Ford Episode VII Injury Recovery Time Frame" argument again....

[face_beatup]

6. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Just when you thought it was safe to click on this thread.......:oops:

VMeran, Revanfan1, Dak Oolron and 3 others like this.
  7. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    It isn't over yet either, unless the mods step in...

Claire1976 likes this.
  8. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Hay I did not start it this time and I am not even answering this comment above by HIc88, so call the conversation over as of Now. but for the record HARRISON IS BACK BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

DO THE BENDER, DO THE BENDER, DO THE BENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Gorkom

Gorkom Jedi Knight

Aug 15, 2014
    When people say he might helm a SD I can't get this image out of my head of him on the bridge of a captured Imperial SD, is that what you guys mean? Or are you guys talking about just a large destroyer type ship that could be Mon Calamari design or whatever.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  10. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001

The rumors are an actual Star Destroyer, which would presumably have been commandeered by the Rebellion after Endor. Some of the leaked photos do seem to suggest a Star Destroyer/Imperial ship.

11. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I think they mean Imperial Star Destroyer.

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Just came across this in my newsfeed:

13. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Ugh, why is he still in Wyoming?? Go back to London, Harrison!! :p

But he looks great and it was good of him to participate!

14. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    Harrison Ford's finger of doom in top form....

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. Darth Pizza

Darth Pizza Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 15, 2014
    I'm happy to see he survived the "alpine slide". Now let's hope he doesn't come down with pneumonia... GET BACK TO WORK!!! :p

HanSolo29 and J_Girl like this.
  16. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    he's used to being frozen.:p

VMeran, BigAl6ft6, Rabs and 7 others like this.
  17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Yea I don't get this, he seems perfectly fine when is he headed back to London?

18. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I love that Leoluca Randisi cannot have a civil conversation with me. Still cannot admit he has been wrong...and tries to ignore it... People respect those who can admit when they are wrong. I'd respect you a lot more if you admitted you have been wrong too when its been pointed out to you. At least I can admit I have been wrong in the past and have done publicly. :)

Peace man!

Looking perfectly fine does not mean he has been signed off by his doctors to return to work. That is the key thing you are not getting. You assumed he was absolutely fine as soon as he was walking again - that is often not the case.

And this is my last word on this subject.

19. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Seeing Harrisons Ice Bucket Challenge reminds me of when my sister and her son did the Ice Bucket Challenge, I was the camera man and my dad dunked the water over there heads. even if you don't donate money you are still getting awareness to The Ice Bucket challenge Charity for ALS which is a great thing to raise money for. the only thing I will recommend is when doing the ice bucket challenge please don't do anything stupid to get yourself hurt like with a crane or backhoe or like all those people that got electrocuted:( do it in a safe way please.

20. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    But the thing is HIc88, he wont be out anywhere near 6 months weather you said that or not is irrelevant, my point when all this happened back in June is that when you break your leg or Ankle and have surgery, The surgery doesn't heal it faster BUT, it lets you get range of motion faster, like about 1-2 weeks after surgery. Getting range of motion faster lets you start the rehab process almost immediately which strengthens the muscles and tendons around the affected area or the broken bone. It generally takes 6 weeks to heal and 2 weeks of rehab after that. the 24, of July 2014 was the six week mark, If I am not mistaken on the 21st or the 22 of July 2014 The photos of Harrison walking to his plane in his sneakers and just a little tape on the ankle surfaced on the net, which could indicate it wasn't his leg but his ankle. now, if we are to believe he rehabbed from the 21 of July to the 11 of August then he should be in tip top shape by now, Lucasfilms might have just scheduled the Two week hiatus for a specific time table before they realized that he would actually be fine in the beginning of August. My sister had a broken ankle and was better after six weeks but then a couple of weeks of building strength back up and she was good to go, a week or so after my sister got her cast off she was hiking the Appalachian Trail near Harpers Ferry. all the medical mumbo jumbo might sound confusing to some on hear but you can Google it all and get it on sites like WEBMD.COM I am not a doctor but I play one on TV...... :)

21. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Didn't you just say you WOULDN'T be discussing this any further? You said that the conversation was over a few hours ago.

hlc88 and Rabs like this.
  22. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
  23. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Claire1976,

HIc88 Is baiting me, he is the essence of a troll.

there is only one captain of the Enterprise, "Captain Pike" According to my Dad......

24. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Oh My. God.

The two of you.

I. Can't. Deal.

*crawls off to dark corner and lights crack pipe*

VMeran and Rabs like this.
  25. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013

Lol, I think I'll join you.