main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    http://thecantina.starwars7news.com...ienne-and-her-super-duper-star-destroyer.203/
    Yes, Han Solo is no longer the captain of the Millennium Falcon when we catch up to him in Episode VII. But, he's not the captain of a Super Star Destroyer either. Why? Because Gwendoline Christie, Storm Trooper extraordinaire is captain.

According to the bits of information I have, the Super Star Destroyer is called Hunted and Christie's character in the script is designated as "STORM TROOPER COMMAND", but other versions of the script have the same character dialogue under the name "STORM TROOPER 1" or just "COMMANDER". It is noted in two versions that the character is female and stands tall, so I don't know for a fact it is Christie based on the information I was given, but I would take a good guess it is based on all the rumors. I was not given much information of her other than the the physical description, script designations, and the dialogue seemed to be a tense conversation between her and Adam Driver's character in one of the first scenes. They are discussing Boyega's character, who is designated "HERO 2", HERO 1", and then "BOYEGA 1" (which is how my source knew it was Boyega). It seems to be the first scene where we meet Christie and Drivers characters, only because of the physical descriptions, which I won't get into yet because this thread is about Star Destroyers :). One little tidbit my source mentioned about the different scripts was that the dialogue seemed to be shuffled around in each one, with a few additions and subtractions.

From the description passed on to me, this is the last Super Star Destroyer of the Imperial Fleet. It's in pretty rough shape, descriptions of it being blackened from battle and entire sections without power. Nevertheless, it is one of the ships that will be chasing down the Millennium Falcon like the good old days, and we are shown throughout the film that a Super Star Destroyer, no matter the condition, is a Super Star Destroyer. Especially when a multi-colored, even black, squad of X-Wings decides to take it on. It did not say the colors of the X-wings in the script, I'm just throwing that in there for fun and a nod to the mad scoop work Viral Hide and Jason Ward have been doing.

I know this is nothing huge, but I thought people might be interested to hear some of this. It was a foregone conclusion that Star Destroyers would be in the film, even a Super Star Destroyer; but I thought the idea of an antiquated battleship with a mad captain and a Dark Side user behind the wheel, chasing our heroes on a search for Luke Skywalker, might be something you all would enjoy.

2. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    "Now go tell your sister she better have my dinner ready!"

3. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    I really like the sound of the information this guy has been posting over the past week, I just don't know if I should trust him.

I know likes this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    he has currently no credibility, but it's still fun to have something to discuss.;)

I know likes this.
  5. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Simply awesome! [face_laugh]

Lord D'arg and AndyLGR like this.
  6. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    John Boyega tweeted the other day about hanging out with Harrison Ford. That's the most "official" confirmation of him being back at work that I've seen so far. (Granted, I haven't looked very hard.)

VMeran, Revanfan1 and TheBBP like this.
  7. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    knew he was back at work. That's why the hiatus ended.

TheBBP likes this.
  8. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Well, yeah, we all assumed that. But it's nice to have a real confirmation.

9. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Han being gone for VIII and XI is going to be a real bummer.

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Old mentors die in Star Wars. Especially in the first episode of a trilogy. Luke is too important to the grand story of Star Wars to bump off in Episode 7. Therefore, Han Solo getting a death scene send off I think is likely. It's a hero's journey and at some point in the hero's journey the elder character dies to enable the younger ones on to victory.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  11. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Luke can carry on as a force ghost though, so they can easily bump him off and still carry on into the next films.

12. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Not necessarily. Someone still needs to train the new generation, so Luke will probably stick around for a couple of films. Han, on the other hand, is probably not as important to the later story.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Han gets kidnapped by a crazy old man hellbent on surgically transforming him into a Wampa.

"I don't want to die on Hoth!"

VMeran, plaidphoenix and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Luke can train young Jedi hopefuls from the grave, It was done on Star Wars Lego The Yoda Chronicles, It can be done in Star Wars Episode 7 .... :)

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Isn't it a little premature to make a statement like that when we know next to nothing about the story? Granted, I can certainly see Han getting the ax in this one, but it's by no means a done deal. For what it's worth, I'm still holding out hope that he may make it out of Episode VII alive. Another factor would be Harrison himself and whether he is even willing to do multiple films. We'll see, I guess.

16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I would love to see Han, Luke & Leia make it through the entire ST as a fan but as dramatic pay-off, Star Wars thematic resonance, I'd put good odds that one of them is going to bite it in Episode 7. And if you start looking at which of them is the most expendable, and would carry the most oomph, I would say Han.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    A line of text will read at the end of IX:

"Han never made it home"

Dak Oolron and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
  19. Royale w/ Codeine

May 19, 2014
    I don't see Han dying in EP7. I don't see episode 7 being dark & depressing. I see it being more along the lines of TPM & ANH. Setting the groundwork of a looming threat, but ending with a sense of hope.

It's kicking off a new trilogy & to kill off one of the beloved characters from the OT right off the bat doesn't necessarily bode well. I can't imagine Disney, who just payed 4 billion for the rights, being on board. "Sure, kill off the biggest star in franchise history in the first movie! We only have a relatively unknown cast of characters to move the series forward! And given a lot of hardcore fans affinity for the EU, I'm sure they'll all totally warm up to the changes in story & characters from the jump!"

The fact that the first announced spin-off was a Han Solo prequel just goes to show how the powers that be feel about Han. I'm not saying he won't die... eventually. Just not in the first movie.

20. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    They announced a Han Solo prequel spinoff? I'm apparently out of the loop.

Honestly, I won't be surprised either way as far as major character deaths in VII. I totally see your point and part of me agrees that this one will be a bit more light-hearted to start off the new trilogy and that the movies will more slowly evolve to be about the new characters.

If they truly want to show the new baddie(s) as a threat, though, I can also see them going for the narrative gut punch of killing off one of our "invincible" favorites.

I would personally like to see the big three (or four - chewie, or six - droids) make it at least to VIII, but if one of them does die in VII, I have a feeling that it will be Han.

21. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I think Han will die in Episode VIII mirroring ESB.

22. Royale w/ Codeine

May 19, 2014
    Unless it's a big cover up for a stand alone films based around the Max Rebo Band & the "I have the death sentence on 12 systems" guy, there's supposed to be a Han Solo & Boba Fett spin offs.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Sorry - I took the word "announce" literally and thought I had missed some big news.

24. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
  25. SomeoneSomewhere

SomeoneSomewhere Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 24, 2014
    I'm not buying the whole "Han sacrifice" thing, but I still think that this movie's going to be pretty darn dark. Because that would rhyme with the overall scheme of the now trilogy of trilogies. The ST would work in reverse order to the PT, with the darkest bit happening first, then the typical "Heroes put under pressure and challenges" before finishing with a more heroic theme for what would effectively be the grand finale of Star Wars, save for that awkwardly placed final spinoff. On the flipside though, remember that protagonists in this saga are put under an absurd amount of plot armor. They CANNOT be killed easily. They won't kill off Han just for shock, it needs to be perfectly timed. So if they do go through with it, I'm confident that they'll pull it off well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.