main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
  2. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Ford's injury had nothing to do with his age; the Falcon door malfunctioned, and fell on him. Let that prentend ship door fall on your ankle and see what happens. o_O

3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    The story about the Falcon door falling on Ford's leg was from the Daily Mail and Then the media ran wild with it, I Don't know if I quite believe that interpretation of the story??....

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  4. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    It was a hydraulic lift door... the interior doors for set pieces like those on the Falcon are usually not powered, so no it wasn't a piece of the Falcon in all likelihood.

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  5. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    there was another story that it was actually a Garage Door on Set, but believe what you want to believe my friend :cool:

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  6. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014
    It really doesn't matter what door it was. The point is that there was a door malfunction; it had nothing to do with Ford's age.

7. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    we will all find out on the Making of Documentary on the DVD AND BLU-RAY, or the J.W Rinzler book what ever comes first??

8. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014
    Yeah; hopefully the true story will be revealed on the DVD/Blueray Extras.

9. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Rinzler's book, I'd say maybe - but beyond being referenced on the commentary, there won't be anything like behind the scenes footage or images.

An accident on the set won't be shown like that.

jedinightwing likes this.
  10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Extras > Featurettes > Attack of the Door

11. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Filming should be wrapping up soon and I am totally amazed we don't have any on set pics of Han, Leia and Luke in costume.

I say JJ and crew are doing an amazing job keeping this thing under wraps.

jaqen, CairnsTony and Yanksfan like this.
  12. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

I think they're saving all of the upcoming official announcements and images for Dec. onwards. Which makes sense.

13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Rinzler better damn well dedicate a whole chapter to door gate after all the arguments it caused here!!!

:p

14. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

JJ Abrams hid the Star Trek costumes and they were EXACTLY THE SAME as the 60's TV series costumes (outside of the fabric texture, which can only be seen up close). So it's no surprise he's trying to hide everything.

Lurknomore likes this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I am looking forward to the final hurrah of Luke, Leia and Han.

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  16. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    It really doesn't matter what door it was. The point is that there was a door malfunction; it had nothing to do with Ford's age.

Yeah because bone density doesn't change with age. .... Really how many door = broken leg stories are there?.. If I had not seen him in Indy 4 I would have a little more hope but to deny he is old is just plain silly. Not to say if the role is right he can't be great. Just no running.. fighting...etc.

17. ksb36

ksb36 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2014
    Now we are talking bone density? Lol. Look, movie sets are inherently dangerous places. Accidents happen all the time. We don't know enough about this accident to attribute it to someone's "bone density" and you only look stupid bringing it up anyway. Let's all just be thankful that whatever it was that fell, didn't fall on his head or do far worse damage.

Yes, Han Solo got old. As will all of us, if we are lucky. But older doesn't mean dumber. Hopefully Han will have smartened up and learned a new thing or two in the last 40 years, and surprise us.

18. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    Saurion-Fett said:
    Yeah because bone density doesn't change with age. .... Really how many door = broken leg stories are there?.. If I had not seen him in Indy 4 I would have a little more hope but to deny he is old is just plain silly. Not to say if the role is right he can't be great. Just no running.. fighting...etc.​
    Now we are talking bone density? Lol. Look, movie sets are inherently dangerous places. Accidents happen all the time. We don't know enough about this accident to attribute it to someone's "bone density" and you only look stupid bringing it up anyway. Let's all just be thankful that whatever it was that fell, didn't fall on his head or do far worse damage.

Yes, Han Solo got old. As will all of us, if we are lucky. But older doesn't mean dumber. Hopefully Han will have smartened up and learned a new thing or two in the last 40 years, and surprise us.
    ksb36, 20 minutes ago Report
    Yeah it was the dangerous movie set.......real dangerous places those movie sets...lol
    anyway is 73 year old men are your thing that's cool but Indy four was crap and Harrison ford was crap in it. It don't care that he aged and the whole you will get old thing doesn't mean squat.
    I just hope he plays a part suited to his age ( remember Sean Connery in entrapment with Catherine Zeta Jones ) people were laughing in the cinema and Star Wars doesn't need any more of that.
    Once again a cameo would be fine for me

19. ksb36

ksb36 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2014
    Yes, movie sets ARE dangerous places, with heavy lights, cords on the ground, frequent pyrotechnics, and other heavy equipment in play. There are professionals whose entire job is making sure that everyone on the set is safe. This is not really in dispute. I am sure the whole story on his injury will come out eventually, but until then, its useless to speculate on either the actors "bone density" or age. For example, Jaimie Alexander had a very bad accident walking down a staircase on the set of Thor 2, where she received a severe back injury and she is...30 years old.

The only reason people are going to be laughing at Han Solo is if he does something funny. The older cast members will keep their dignity. They are in the very best of hands, with Kathleen Kennedy and crew.

plaidphoenix and Santar like this.
  20. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    More accidents happen in your home ...your clutching at straws dude. He is 73 and old.
    The comment that people will laugh if he intended to be funny is already wrong by the amount of age related " Memes" in the media.
    Not everyone is a Star Wars fan and wiling to look past obvious flaws.
    By Just saying it wont affect the movie is pointless as we have seen him in INDY 4 where he could preform the role adequately.

here are some facts ( please note the word " FACTS " ) regarding bones as you age.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/004015.htm

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Except there are no obvious flaws here. Growing older is not a flaw. It is a part of life and like it or not, even our heroes and role models grow old. Personally, I am looking forward to seeing this next chapter in their lives. We've seen them young and in the prime in the OT and now we are taking the next logical step.

I don't understand why so many people have a problem with that. And to say they can no longer be physically active as a result of their age? I just can't wrap my mind around that. Is it denial at seeing their favorite characters with gray hair and wrinkles or just blatant ageism?

22. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    It's easy to forget how old Harrison Ford really is. For a 72 year old man, he still cleans up incredibly well.

HanSolo29 and ksb36 like this.
  23. ksb36

ksb36 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2014
    When you post proof of your Medical License with a Specialty in Orthopedics and Geriatrics, and your Fly on the Wall at Pinewood Certification, I will perhaps (probably not, actually) take a look at a link instructing me on medical matters. Until then, not gonna happen.

24. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Devil Faraci@devincf

But I can share this: I'm hearing this is Han Solo's movie. Yeah, Ridley and Boyega are leads, but Han steals it.

Immortiss likes this.
  25. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000

Accidents happen on movie sets all the time, man. I don't know why you're being so stubborn about this. Heck, was it because Harrison Ford was "too old" when he hurt himself making Indy 2 back in 1983? Give the guy a break (har har). No one's arguing that bone density changes with age, but it's another thing to argue that if that door had fallen on John Boyega instead, his ankle wouldn't have broken too. There's a good chance it would've. Of course, without anyone on this board having first-hand knowledge of what "door" it was, or how heavy it was, we'll never know. But it's a moot point. That "old guy" Harrison Ford had a quicker recovery than a lot of 30-year olds, and is already back to work. So what's the issue exactly?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.