main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    You realize the USS Constitution was close to being scrapped at one point in it's life, right?

It wasn't until over a century after it's famous acts in the war of 1812, that love for the USS Constitution saved it from the scrap yard. Hell, she was even re-named "The Old Constitution" at one point, because they wanted to transfer the name to a Battle Cruiser just before 1920. In 1924, she was in such bad shape, that they had to pump water out of the hold daily just so she would stay afloat. So, no... not even the USS Constitution was able to avoid "forgotten relec" status in it's entire history... it was just lucky to survive that period of time and get the donations after public campaigning to restore her to her former glory.

FRAGWAGON and TheBBP like this.
  2. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    The Tantive IV just LOOKED small compared to the Star Destroyer that was chasing it. If the Falcon was in the same scene, we all would have had a better idea of scale for the Blockade Runner as well.

For what it's worth... the Tantive IV is listed as 150 meters in length, 48.6 meters wide.

The Falcon by comparison is listed at just 34.37 meters in length, 25.61 meters wide.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  3. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

I suppose I do.

4. Darth Pizza

Darth Pizza Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 15, 2014

This rendering is by a fan who is well-known for his accurate computer models. Scale-wise, I believe that it's off a bit, especially if you consider the above listed dimentions, which would make the falcon about 1/4th the length of the blockade runner. The above image makes it look like the blockade runner is about 5-1/2 times the length of the falcon, so something in BOTH images is off and not accurate.

5. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    You can actually tell the scale of those two ships (the Falcon and the Blockade Runner) by their size compared to a Star Destroyer. The Corvette fits comfortably into the Star Destroyer's hanger which is about a ninth as big as the whole ship. The Falcon was about a fifth the size of that hanger (while on the command tower). Given that the Corvette didn't quite take up all the room 150 m sounds completely reasonable and the Falcon's 34.37 fits as well. So yeah, given that the Blockade Runner here is almost six times bigger instead of less than five I'd say its dimensions are off, though not by as much as you might think.

Django Fett and EviL_eLF like this.
  6. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    They even turned her into a barracks, building an ugly house type structure on deck.

I think they were even going to use her for target practice. The USS Constitution. Amazing the idiocies of the bureaucratic mind.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  7. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    Funny Harrison story. So of course being a child of a 80's I grew up on Star Wars. Anyways when I was a kid, My dad use to love "Blade Runner" anyways, for years by looking at the cover, I always thought it was a Han Solo spin off but when I finally saw the movie I was like "Dad, why isn't Han shooting as much", he was like "Cause he's not Han son, he's Decker", lol. Look at this cover, he looks like Han:

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 and TheBBP like this.
  8. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I gotta go with your dad on that one.

jaqen, Amdrag and hachijedi like this.
  9. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Actually we don't know what Han is referring to, if it is even a genuine quoth. Maybe they arrive on Corellia. Or Nar Shaddaa

starocean90 likes this.
  10. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    well according to them it's about the Falcon.
    http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2014/11/exclusive-quote-from-force-awakens.html

11. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    The quote being about the Falcon would make most sense.

starocean90 likes this.
  12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    which when you think about is kinda sad.:(;)

ChildOfWinds and darth_mccartney like this.
  13. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Well what if they are wrong? At this point I won't even believe JJ with rumor sites disproving and contradicting each other.

14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I thought that was a new interview and got all excited, but then I saw the date and it's actually from 5 years ago! :p

16. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The GIF that makingstarwars posted over the weekend, if its true and it will be part of the teaser then i'd love for an voice over from Han and Chewie.

HAN SOLO: Hit it Chewie!

CHEWBACCA: Wookiee roar!!!

17. Santar

Santar Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2014
    I really hope those rumors about none of the original cast being in the teaser trailer are not true. Would be such a let down. Though I could see them being left out just to stretch out the hype for their reveal.

Darth Pizza likes this.
  18. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Proven fake long ago.

19. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    We'll see them, even if not as much as we would like. J.J.'s been billing this as the Star Wars we've wanted since '83, what with his harping on about practical effects and worn down tech. He can't do that if he also bills it as completely separate from the OT. My guess is we'll get brief glimpses of every character whose identity or fate isn't a major spoiler and a good deal more focus on the new guys. My pet wish right now is to hear Han Solo again rather than just glimpse him.

20. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

The whole reason for the delay in production was (supposedly) that Abrams wanted the movie to focus a lot more on the Original characters than the screenplay allowed for when he came on broad. There will be more than just glimpses of the older characters.

Where has Abrams been talking about the "the Star Wars we've wanted since '83" or "harping on about practical effects and worn down tech"?

21. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Harrison Ford is only in the 3rd act of Blade Runner Sequel???o_O
    So VII, is about search for Luke and the Blade Runner movie is about search for Deckard.:p

When “The Martian” wraps later this winter, Scott already has a fair idea what he’ll be doing next, though it likely won’t be the much-anticipated “Blade Runner” sequel he developed with the original film’s co-screenwriter, Hampton Fancher. “We talked at length about what it could be, and came up with a pretty strong three-act storyline, and it all makes sense in terms of how it relates to the first one,” says Scott, who adds that fans can expect to see Harrison Ford back in the saddle as the futuristic gumshoe Rick Deckard. “Harrison is very much part of this one, but really it’s about finding him; he comes in in the third act.”
    https://variety.com/2014/film/news/ridley-scott-exodus-gods-and-kings-christian-bale-1201363668/

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. Santar

Santar Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2014
    A bit disappointing that he's only in the last part of the movie, I was hoping he'd be the lead, but at least he'll be a part of it. Maybe this frees him up for Indy 5 next year! ;)

starocean90 likes this.
  23. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I'm also disappointed I was hoping that he would either be the lead or co-lead.:(
    but maybe it does free him up for Indy 5.:D

Santar likes this.
  24. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    To be honest it does make sense from a marketing perspective. Lucasfilm/JJ have to be very careful how they market this film. Like it or not Ford, Hamill and Fisher are no longer in their prime (both physically and from a movie career perspective). The last thing they want to do is present this as the SW version of Cocoon (which it won't be anyway), but audiences could be put off seeing the older versions of these charcaters without the correct context. So, although I'd welcome Ford, Fisher or Hamill being in the teaser, I fully underdstand why they may be excluded from it (or kept obscured).

25. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Star Wars is not without Han Solo who would argue with about love,thekids,Chewie,millenium falcon etc I now when he first arrived in new hope he was only in a cameo role before appearing in the next two movies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.