main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't remember the exact wording of the scene but it was during the peace conference to try to end tensions and the assassinations happen. Someone goes to check on Han and Leia and Leia said "Don't worry, Han shot first."

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    And all these references being highlighted are the exact reason why I would rather they leave the "shoot first" jokes out of it. The EU really overdid it and it got to the point where it became very contrived and unnecessary. In fact, I'd even go as far as to say it was groan-inducing. I'd rather they not resort to the same type of schtick in the ST and come up with new moments that we can enjoy.

3. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

For me personally, neither. I've kept up with Mark and Carrie, enough so that I know both look a lot better now than they have in recent years.

But I think you're underestimating Carrie Fisher's career. She's been in more than enough high profile films and TV shows, with lots of regular late night appearances, and was even a Jenny Craig spokeswoman, that her aging definitely won't be jarring to everyone. She's had an odd, eclectic career that's kept her in the public eye pretty regularly. Not movie star level, of course, but she's hardly been obscure. And she's also a woman, which gives her access to a lot more camouflage and concealing, looks altering make up, wardrobe, and hair that the old dudes don't have.

Their exclusion would seem odd if more known Star Wars elements were presented in the trailer, making their absence unusual in comparison.

However they're excluded in good company as the non-aging beloved characters of R2, 3PO and Chewie were all likewise absent. Leaving the impression that they're really saving all the OTers for a bigger reveal.

I really wanted to see them, but ultimately agree that simple, relatively sparse perspective they took with the teaser was the best way to go. It definitely left you wanting so much more.

4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

But what about the segment of the fans without much EU exposure, and thus wouldn't mind such a line?

5. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Well, that depends....

I personally watch no commercial TV, and only watch movies/TV series (without commercials). So, though I've seen pictures of CF over the years, the only "live action" I've seen her in the past five years have been two films: "Fanboys", and a B-grade horror flick (whose name I forgot), where she played the den mother of a sorority. In both films, I found her appearance either intentionally or unintentionally hilarious....Also, she was in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back in 2001...

Ditto with Mark Hammill - I've seen pictures of him over the years, but haven't seen him in any recent films or TV shows.

My point is that it will be more jarring for most of us to see CF & MH larger than life on a huge screen, than it will be to see HF...

6. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    No, I got your point. I'm not commenting on you personally. I'm not saying that lots of people won't feel the same as you.

I'm just noting that Carrie Fisher hasn't been living in obscurity. You should check her resume. Mark has been very active, but it's mostly been in voice over so yes a lot of people haven't seen him.

7. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Do you think its Han flying the Falcon during that scene in the teaser?

I think it is.

Yanksfan likes this.
  8. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this....i think the concept art that shows Han in a Parka similar to his Hoth outfit might be from the frozen forest sequence with the black clad Sith. It may be the scene were Luke battles Darth Driver and Han tries to stop Luke from killing his son?

9. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

It was Lando's son, err--Boyega.

10. Ichthyocentaur

Ichthyocentaur Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 25, 2014

I think Boyega and Ridley find (or otherwise acquire somehow) the Falcon and blast their way off Tatooine in it.

Han and Chewie are commanding a capital ship. Isaac is an X-wing pilot. Plus, it's pretty clear the film starts on Tatooine and then moves elsewhere, so someone's piloting the Falcon before Boyega and Ridley meet most of the older characters. I don't see any other explanation.

11. NightWatcher91

NightWatcher91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 7, 2014
    Could be that Han is the pilot, but weren't the reports someone else has it at the start? Could be Driver and then returns to Han.

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I think it's Han piloting it in that sequence. Only Han can pilot the Falcon like that and it is very reminiscent of the edge of your seat, on the verge of being out of control style that we see in the asteroid field sequence in ESB.

I'm also not too sure anymore about those rumors that suggest that someone else owns the Falcon at the start. I read an article today from MSW that mentioned that the Falcon is present in concept art on the desert planet and that Han can be seen standing near her, so if this takes place early in the film, that sorta shoots this rumor in the foot. Plus, the person who had been rumored to have the Falcon (Oscar Isaac) was seen as an X-Wing pilot in the trailer, so it makes you think. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

13. NightWatcher91

NightWatcher91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 7, 2014
    HanSolo29 Thanks for the update. Now it does make sense when you lay that all out.

14. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014
    If it is the Falcon, Han is flying it. Anything else would be so wrong.

HanSolo29 and Yanksfan like this.
  15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Unless it makes sense to the film's plot.

16. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I just wonder if Disney JJ etc have played an absolute blinder and have blindsided fans with false rumours??

17. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Well reports said Isaac has the Falcon but he is an X-.wing pilot now.

18. JBFett007

JBFett007 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2014
    So here's my theory on his involvement in the story. When watching the teaser the question that came to my mind was "Why is the Falcon back on Tatooine?" What would cause Han to go back to his old haunt 30 years afterward, and my answer was maybe Daisy plays his daughter. Notice in the early cast photo we got, Daisy is seated between Harrison and Carrie. I doubt that placement was simple coincidence, in fact I doubt any of that seating arrangement wasn't staged in some way, but that's for another topic. I think Daisy plays Han and Leia daughter, and that early in her life something happened that forced Han to flee to the fringes with his daughter, raising her on the smuggler's life. What better place to law low, he thought, than the hive of scum and villiany, and the place Luke was stayed well hidden for 20 years in a similar manner?

Edit: I noticed upon further inspection of the cast photo that Daisy isn't just sitting between the two, but is sitting on the same couch as Harrison, meaning they probably sat that way because they share close rolls in the movie.

19. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    Not completely sure that Isaac flying an X-Wing rules him out as the Falcon's captain. It just proves that he's a pilot.

20. EmperorAjay

EmperorAjay Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 1, 2014
  21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
  22. Santar

Santar Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2014
    New rumors say that there's going to be not one but two new Indiana Jones movies with Ford.
    This is coming from a guy who leaked other stuff that turned out to be true like images from a early Terminator Genisys trailer that got cease and desisted by Paramount.
    Really really hope this turns out to be true!

Hmm, maybe Han is actually in all 3 new Star Wars movies if Ford got two new Indy movies for the job?

Link to the rumors:
    Indy 5 on the way
    Two new movies

23. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Agreed. It's just so flamboyant, I mean who else in the GFFA flies directly at their attackers instead of running away?

24. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
  25. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I can dig Harrison Ford coming back to do two more Indiana Jones movies. Heck, Sean Connery came back to play James Bond at an older age and it worked fine. I don't think the last Indy flick was as bad as everyone said it was, but did find it unsatisfying. I want to see a better ending to his adventures, and there certainly is room for some great stories if they write them correctly.

If Ford is indeed willing to play Indy two more times, then I don't see why he wouldn't play Han two more times as well. If Solo dies in the new movie this is all moot, but since the new cast is supposedly going to come to the forefront more as the new trilogy proceeds, then if Ford wants to, he could have smaller parts in the sequels.

Santar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.