main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

I would love something like that very much, sounds very good and fitting to both characters. :)

robbman21 likes this.
  2. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013

This is the way to go! I also see Han tranfering Chewie's Life Debt to his daughter (Cough, Cough) Rey.

3. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    newdawn12 and nightangel like this.
  4. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
  5. Grilled Hutt

Dec 24, 2003
    Those two instances are most likely not related. The article was about solo but the closing sentence brought up AP which im not sure why other than he is attached to the film but not as a main like han or luke...but the film is still an overlapping solo film. Thats how i read it.

nightangel

It very well could be. i cant help but think why release a young solo while ford is alive and still appearing in the films. Someday i see it happening but surely not so soon. While the rumor is vague we wont know until more info is released.​

nightangel likes this.
  6. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014

Ok, so this would mean we will see Harrison in it? I thought more that the spin-offs would feature a younger version of the actual cast, like a young Han Solo etc.

7. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Ford filming a couple short scenes that are used as the intro to a Han Solo spin-off trilogy. We see old Han, then flashback to when he was 20, many years prior to ANH. . .A visual passing of the torch to a young actor.

I'd love to see Han's home planet, and his first adventure/run-in with Lando.

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I will say that I'm not particularly thrilled with the idea of there being a Han Solo spin-off, despite being such a huge Han fan. To me, Harrison Ford is Han Solo and I just cannot fathom anyone else in the role. That will be the biggest hurtle for me to get over and I will say, it's going to be mighty hard to do so. However, I will admit that the following scenario would help in easing the transition:

I think that would be the only way I could get behind a Han spin-off. It may not be the most open-minded way to approach this, but it's just the way I feel. [face_dunno]

9. Grilled Hutt

Dec 24, 2003

I feel the same about indiana jones. Its Ford.
    But a few pages back someone shopped Chris Pratt in a Solo outfit and it looked perfect and I'm thinking he would be great if we want a known actor. I would support an unknown actor as well, i just hope the casting director is spot on. But to use Old Han to introduce young Han is a great way to introduce and accept this new actor as Han Solo; i like your idea on that. I wouldnt do this for Luke or Leia tho. I can see a Han/Pirate adventure series in the vein of Indiana Jones in terms of thrilling smuggling, why the falcon is well known, the parsec run, chewie...theres SO much to work with.

10. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm glad to see a Han Solo spin off most likely in the works. Would defiantly rather see that over a Boba Fett movie.

Grand_Moff_Jawa likes this.
  11. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Aron Paul read Luke's part in Jason reitmans ESB live script reading last week. That's probably the meaning there.

So it's either a false rumor, dudes have their info mixed up, or Paul it playing a character in the movie

12. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003

double post

13. Airseven

Airseven Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2013
    Agreed. I think it would be reminiscent of that awful Hannibal Rising film. Essentially a market capitalization on the name with no real SW connection. That's the problem with the spin-offs. They will become like these constant uninspired Marvel cookie cutter films and water down the SW lore.

14. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Pratt is great, but he's already older today than Ford was when he filmed the original Star Wars. For a spin-off that takes place well before ANH, they need an actor that is or appears to be in his late teens or early 20s. Otherwise it's just kind of jarring to see someone the same age as Ford was in the OT playing Han Solo. At least casting a younger actor makes it more believable to buy that this person is Han from a decade before A New Hope.

15. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    [​IMG]

16. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I get a little fear now that we may get a Solo overkill in the next years. I do like Han, but now we get episode VII as a 'Han movie', we will probably get his offspring as future heroes and now also a Solo spin-off or maybe even a spin-off trilogy. :rolleyes:

In the OT Han was more thought to be a kind of mentor to Luke until he can take care for himself. I really hope they find the right ballance and don't turn the whole franchise into a Solo saga. [face_sigh]

17. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    He's been there for Luke since TNH so expect a bailout everytime.

18. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    As much as I love Han (he's my favorite character) I'm a little concerned about this, too. When I heard about the Han Solo spinoff, one of my first thoughts was that Disney wanted the spinoff to build up Han's importance because his offspring will be leading the ST.

One of the big criticisms of the PT was its complete lack of Han Solo. Perhaps Disney is going in the opposite direction by making their version of Star Wars a bit Solo-heavy. As you say, it's all about finding the right balance.

19. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    As long as Harrison acts like the old Han Im happy.

Leias_Left_Bun likes this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Been saying this for awhile, bookened the Han Solo spinoff film with Harrison Ford as Han Solo as a framing device. Not quite "do y'all remember when....?" or as simplistic but maybe have a mystery / theme / antagonist / whatever that bounces around Han's life for decades and then begin and end the film with Ford as Solo resolving it (therefore making the hero of the Han Solo movie ... Harrison Ford as Han Solo. Even though he's only in it for about 10 minutes, tops). New Han Solo actor guy in the middle. Make the transition easier. Then New Han Solo Guy could work subsequent movies.

TKT likes this.
  21. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I don't want a young Han Solo spin off movie, unless it is animation. Harrison Ford is Han Solo; I don't want to see anyone else Cast for the Role. [face_plain]

El_Machete12, Dewback, Santar and 3 others like this.
  22. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I want a Han Solo sock puppet movie.

23. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    The new actor probably has Harrisson's blessing, and he'll teach him how to be Han.

24. Bennihana

Bennihana Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2014
    Of all the rumors I really hope this isn't true. They can recast Han in 25 years but it seems kind of insulting while Harrison is still around. Also it seems like Disney isn't looking very far past familiar elements for the spinoffs if this is true. The Death Star plans movie sounded cool because a bunch of new characters could be introduced while still featuring Boba Fett and the other bounty hunters we know. This just seems safe to the point of pointlessness. For a galaxy far far away it sure seems tiny.

25. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    If there's going to be a Han Solo film, I strongly believe it should be about his background, an origin story if you will. It should show us how he came to be 'quite a mercenary.'

Krueger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.