main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes. But call it "Deuteragonist Ford not in Episode V (of Indy)".

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    well this is a Harrison Ford thread and we are allowed to talk about actors's other projects and there hasn't been any Han rumors in ages so why not.[face_dunno]

but given the either Han solo movie or Han/Fett movie rumors it does seem like a young pre IV Han is next. Even if SW is filled with so many characters and situations I don't think that's how the studio see things, especially with these spinoffs that are not guaranteed hits (so having known characters makes sense $$$) and as long as stories are set between Episode I-IX, I think we will almost always see movie characters popping up or being the main characters themselves. I'm actually 50/50 on the topic, I see the positives and negatives of a Han movie.;)

3. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I was just playing around with the thread title, not trying to play wannabe mod (it's a thankless job). I was posting about Indy as well. :)

starocean90 likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'll restate, Younger Indy / Younger Han flicks I am cool with if they work Ford into it in probably a wraparound flashback structure. (Hell, shoot it on the same set and just have Ford change costumes!)

100% Sans Ford? Gotta try reallllll hard to impress me on that.

5. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I love Chris Pratt. Like completely love him. And actually, I'm fond of Bradley Cooper as well. But I'd rather see the Indy franchise die than have someone other than Harrison Ford in the role. If that means no more Indy movies, then fine. Go back to the drawing board and create a NEW icon, Hollywood. Seriously. Stretch those creative muscles for once.

FRAGWAGON and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  6. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    seems like that rumor that Ford signed on for more than VII in exchange for doing Indy seems to have been false.;)

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  7. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    I would agree, but Indy should be like Batman, James Bond and Doctor Who. ( Yes, I know regeneration)

All well known Iconic roles who've had multiple actors portray the character. As long as the script is top notch and they have a talented lead (Pratt is killing it) I think Indy should never die imo. Harrison will always be associated with the character no matter what, just like Connery is for James Bond despite his numerous roles after he walked away from the franchise. Because of seniority alone they'll always be recognized as the first and best to portray those characters. Ironcially, Connery played Papa Jones, so maybe it was always meant to be this way.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  8. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    Always makes me feel uncomfortable when I see a new person cast as a memorable character. Just my opinion this is...

9. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000

Yeah, I know what you mean. But I'd argue that in the case of Batman or James Bond (I'm not a Dr. Who fan so can't comment on that one), those were characters that were created in novels/comic books--and therefore in people's imaginations, before the first actor ever came along to fill the role. Indiana Jones was Harrison Ford right out of the gate. One never even had an opportunity to imagine him as someone else. That's just who he's always been. So, it's a little more ingrained. And for me, it makes even more difficult to imagine someone else But I do understand the point you're making.

That said, again, I totally love Chris Pratt. And gun to my head, if I had to imagine this day, I guess he'd probably be the most palatable pick for me. But as much I I love Chris Pratt? I still get this sense of *wrongness* when I imagine him putting on the fedora. *shrug* I don't know. I'm just not comfortable with it.

10. Bennihana

Bennihana Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2014
    It would feel wrong if he tried to copy everything Harrison did. Daniel Craig doesn't try to imitate Sean Connery so it feels like his own thing while still keeping in the same spirit.

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I know there hasn't been a lot of news about Han or Harrison, but there are other places to talk about Indy news on these boards. Let's keep it to at least somewhat pertaining to Star Wars and Han/Harrison in this thread.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Batman? James Bond?

It's really not that weird or uncommon.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Please follow the warning to put this thread back on track as a Star Wars focused Harrison Ford discussion. There will not be a third warning.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  14. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    I know everyone wants to move on...but I think this Indiana Jones rumour relates very close to Star Wars, and there could be a bigger story here.

What if the Disney and Lucasfilms PTB are seeing what Ep7 is like with Ford as a frontman and are maybe thinking it wasnt such a good idea? Its a stretch, but is possible. If the Indy rumours are true - then i dont see why they wouldnt want Ford to do one last one - unless they potentially are not liking what they are seeing so far from Ep7? I think its a possibility. With Ford getting old and having his injury - maybe this impacts how they also move forward with Star Wars - whether one refers to Ep8 and 9 and/or rumored spin off films (of course if Ford was even going to participate in those in the first place?). Maybe this is a small hint that he wouldnt be involved in anything SW related after Ep7.

15. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  16. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Damn, you trippin bruh.

Yanksfan, HanSolo29 and TheBBP like this.
  17. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    DarthBane93 The rumours about Fords performance tell a very different story.

18. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    what rumors???

19. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

I guess the rumour that he steals the show from the young actors. ;)

CGI-BOBAFENT and starocean90 like this.
  20. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Then dies...................

:p

I hope he doesn't =((

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  21. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    well he is a thief/smuggler so it makes sense.[face_devil]:p

nightangel likes this.
  22. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002

That's the one

nightangel likes this.
  23. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Like Boba Fett in ROTJ, Han Solo is gonna die like a punk in TFA!!!:eek:

24. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
  25. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    The only intention of my post above was to spark converstion of a possible "hidden" or "bigger story" in play. Of course we dont know whether Han Solo will be in Ep 8 or 9 - whether this is a one shot deal with Ford or not. But I think it could have been possible that Disney and Lucasfilm dangled a carrot to Ford about Indy 5 if he were to appear in Ep 7. If the rumors are true and that Indy is gonna be a reboot - does this mean anything regarding TPTB confidence in an aging Ford? Have they seen footage of Ep 7 and lost any confidence in the actor - due to his age or injury maybe? Its of course doubtful because Ford usually delivers - just thought I would post a possible theory, even if its a stretch.

Based on Ford's past comments - I know he probably wouldnt like to see Indy rebooted/recasted while he could still play the part. I know he previously said he doesnt care what happens after he passes away, but I think he might feel a bit put off if they rebooted it or recasted someone else to play Indy. What impact does it have to future SW movies? Is it possible that bridges could be burned between Ford and Kathleen Kennedy if Lucasfilm rebooted Indy? The impact on future SW was really my point. We dont know anything - but I think if these rumours are true it might indicate Harrison Ford may only appear in Ep 7 only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.