main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    I never looked at it that way. Hmm.. I'm sure there is a scene between Han and Leia, Han and Luke, and maybe Luke and Leia, but not all three together. :( I thought there was a argument between Han and Luke that Kylo Ren facilitated and watches from the sidelines.

2. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    If the rumors are correct, Han meets up with Leia at the rebel base and then travels with her to a pirate/ smuggler haven in an asteroid, where she presumably has to convince a bunch of Hutts to help fund the Republic effort/ superweapon(s) of some kind. I bet they discuss their estranged son, and Leia urges Han to be careful as he departs to confront Kylo/ find Luke. And in that departure scene, I imagine they have a tender moment. Then Han goes off, and Leia never sees him again.

Bennihana and Team Padme like this.
  3. werpudel

werpudel Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2008
    typical: the corpse is not even cold, and people already start to bicker over the inheritance!

SkywalkerOG likes this.
  4. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't think Han & Leia will mention their estranged son. Isn't Kylo being a Skywalker/Solo supposed to be a surprise? Maybe Kylo Ren is presumed to be dead, but he's not or something like that and Leia & Han don't like to bring him up?

5. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Perhaps. But whatever the case may be, I imagine Han and Leia will have a tender moment before Han goes to the snowy forest planet where Luke is. And I can almost guarantee that Leia tells him to be careful, and that she'll have a "bad feeling" about it. This time, that bad feeling turns out to be too accurate, and she loses Han.

6. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd love for that to happen. And since Han is supposed to die, do you think his funeral would be at the end of VII or the beginning of VIII?

7. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    According to MSW, Han's corpse gets left behind at the castle. I was expecting that maybe they could drag him aboard the Falcon (where he dies on the Falcon from his wounds) for a later funeral.

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Man, it's heartbreaking just thinking about that. I can't imagine what it'll be like to see it happen on screen. There is going to be very few dry eyes in the theater on opening night. :(

And speaking of Han and Leia, did we ever get a confirmation about whether they are together or if they are estranged? I don't seem to recall seeing it anywhere, but I could've missed it as I haven't been following things quite as closely as I used to (I want there to be some surprises left).

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  9. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Based on the rumors, they're still married. Han & Leia are my second favorite SW couple so I'm hoping they'll be together!!!!

10. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Shot off into a Genesis planet.

I can see the next movie now.

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Hunt for Han

GunganSlayer likes this.
  11. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    I just wanna know which funeral songs shall be chosen. It will probably be a sombre tune performed by a solo artist.

12. Bennihana

Bennihana Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2014
    Perfect time for Han to say "I love you" and Leia to say "I know" because we all now it has to show up somewhere with Abrams and Kasdan writing this.

GunganSlayer and HanSolo29 like this.
  13. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Yup. Almost guaranteed to be in, IMO.

14. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Who's your first favorite?

15. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    I really, really hope that they're not estranged. My bet is that they are married, they have children (or a child, possibly Kylo), and that they work pretty closely together but are apart for long periods. In TFA, I imagine they interact in five key scenes.

1. Leia sends Han to retrieve Poe and the lightsaber
    2. Han brings the gang to the rebel base to meet Leia
    3. Han, Leia and I suppose the rest of the gang, go to the pirate's haven on the asteroid to get the Hutts on their side
    4. Something drives Han to have to find Luke/ go after Kylo, and Han and Leia have their last moment together
    5. Leia senses Han's pain from afar. Han to Leia, in his mind: "I love you." Leia, crying: "I know."

Buckets of tears. A tragic end to the most adorable and fun couple in cinematic history.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  16. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    if Luke is not on the castle planet then there is no Luke-Han,:(
    as for the argument it comes from unreliable sources.[face_dunno]

nightangel likes this.
  17. unicron5

unicron5 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    I think there will be a Luke/Han scene and definitely a Han/Leia scene, but Luke might be "out of it" when the heroes/Han find Luke so it might not be exactly the type of scene we expect.

Maybe this

Han/Heroes find Luke, Luke is a bit crazy

Ren kills Han

Luke snaps out of his craziness and takes Ren to school on lightsaber battles 1.0.1. making him pay a dear price for killing Han.

Luke retrieves Han's body, bringing him home to Leia. "C'mon Chewie. Lets take Han home".

That would be fitting. And very emotional.

Maybe Han doesn't die right away either? Perhaps he is mortally wounded by Ren but survives long enough to speak to Luke after Luke kicks Ren's Sith arse? Then he dies with Luke present? That could work too, but it doesn't match up with the way the reporter says that Han never speaks again.

18. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002

Must be these guys......
    [​IMG]

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  19. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    And yet a certain vharacter from Harry potter that died at the end of the 6th film didn't have a funeral either.

20. City Councilman Binks

City Councilman Binks Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2014
    Did you really ask Team Padme that question?

yogacat likes this.
  21. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Sorry, I just think they believe that way will cause the greatest impact on the other chaacters. Then again will he be alone if Ren is indeed his son?

22. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    :p

23. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Well, if you're writing a story rather than fan service, this sort of thing can happen.

24. Jaysong2378

Jaysong2378 Jedi Padawan

Feb 19, 2015
    Is it just me or does the rumor of "Han Solo' s death scene" not sound exactly like the end of Tron: Legacy. Another disney film that has characters that hadn't been revisited for 30+ years. A Father buys time for his kid to escape and sacrifices himself against his other "evil child"

25. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    Funny that it seems like they actually based Kylo and Rey on Jacen and Jaina. Like Jacen, Kylo falls to the dark side and ends up killing a close relative. Jacen killed his aunt Mara Jade and Kylo kills his own father. That is IF the rumors are correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.