main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catlover43

catlover43 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 9, 2014
    He also has a movie coming out at the end of April and he won't be able to do any promoting for that either.

2. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Patient confidentiality... and especially if it's serious and he needs to rest for weeks to come. I don't see him going home for this month given the circumstances.

3. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014

Of course. But just what is known is pretty serious. A broken pelvis over 70 years old? I hope for him so much, he will recover well.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  4. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    The Celebration is in April. Oops. [face_batting]

5. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Yeah no [face_party]for Old Man Ford, but that tends to happen when you're force landing WWII plane on a golf course in your 70s.

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    We do know he's not on the guest list for Celebration, so his only chance of making an appearance seems to be during the big opening ceremony on Thursday, but there have already been rumblings that the "special guests" for that will most likely be the new cast, not the old guard. Couple that with his recent injuries, I honestly don't see him making an appearance.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  7. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    on CNN back when the crash Happened they said Harrison would hold a Press conference when he is better, I wonder when that will be?

8. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Even if Ford was healthy I doubt he'd be promoting star wars aside from interviews and late show appearances.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Probably just that Ford wants to explain what happened and show that he is okay.

10. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    the press conference that CNN brought up was not to promote star wars it would be to talk about the crash and his Injury.

11. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

That is what I said.o_O

Gemma likes this.
  12. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    I perused makingstarwars.com's (I gather the name of the writer is Jason?? from what I've read here) hypothesis on certain key events as they may unfold in TFA, and I noticed that the concept art that's been described in the past of Han and Chewie in Stormtrooper outfits coming out of a bunker with blasters at the ready no longer seems to fit into the equation. Just thought that sucks (if accurate) as it would have been a neat throwback.

Another thing... has anyone else noted the irony in the rumored Han death, wherein the general idea is deemed to be that Han dies to make room for the new characters, but by killing him he may in turn become an even greater focal point in the story's narrative than he would have been had he lived? If he gets killed the next episode could reasonably be Luke, Leia, Chewie, Han's kid(s), etc. dealing with the loss, and Episode IX could be the redemption arc, whereby Han is avenged. Not only that, but the original characters are handing the reigns over to new ones, but at least one of those newer characters has already been conjectured to die in VII (Maisy and possibly Lupita). Those seem to be some bizarre choices imo for the new Star Wars films to take if they're intended to be pointed towards the newbies.

13. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Is Han's death before, during or after the destruction/neutralization of the Empire's super weapon?

14. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Yes.

[face_mischief]

dolphin likes this.
  15. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
  16. star wars geek

star wars geek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 20, 2014
    He mocked the dialogue in SW so who knows, perhaps he thought Star Wars was a bit childish or silly. Anyway, whatever his issues with the role or the films, it doesn't show in his performance. :) Perhaps he's one of those actors that's a bit glum in real life. Mark Hamill seems a more upbeat kinda guy.

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow...that article is from nearly 3 years ago. Talk about digging up old fossils...

18. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Honestly, Ford doesn't seem very hostile. He simply seems to suggest that the way Solo's arc ended was, to him, not so interesting or satisfying as an actor. I mean, he decides friendship and duty over money and selfishness at the end of ANH. His character arc was pretty much over at that point. So I can't find much fault in his comments.

MakingStarWars and HanSolo29 like this.
  19. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    Ford has always said that he is very grateful for the opportunities that Star Wars gave him. Mark Hamill said that Ford is someone who is very about the now and doesn't like brining up the past all the time. I can see him getting irritated about Han Solo. But he came back and did a good job according to everyone involved. So the story must have been there.

20. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Yeah. The few TFA reports/ rumors we got from the set suggested that Ford was "back," and that he really invested himself in the role.

Dying to see this movie...

21. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Yes, I heard that and read somewhere that Mark Hamill said that he was enthusiastic about it. So looking forward to this, but I don't want to get to the end of 2015 soon either.

With him wanting to reprise Indiana Jones too, I get a feeling that maybe he sensed that it was the time to reprise his roles before it was too late. And like Mike Nesmith came back to The Monkees two years ago (I met him! So happy!), he's happy to be back and is appreciative now of the past.

22. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    anyone heard any health condition news?

23. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    Exactly. Ford came back for Empire and Jedi because he knew he owed it to Lucas. Honestly, without Lucas I think Ford would've had a much harder time taking off as a star initially.

Since the contracts of VII for Hamill, Fisher and Ford were all being worked out before Lucas sold the company to Disney, I think Ford had another case of "I owe it to him to do this again", as well as the condition that Han dies this time.

24. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I don't why you think Ford returned to the roles because "owed" something to Lucas. It was aiders that made Ford a major star and that was after TESB.

And Ford is some kind of weirdo who wants to kill Han Solo. That has been exaggerated over the years based on the following misunderstandings :-

that Ford wouldn't commit to a three picture deal on the OT like Hamill and Fisher

that Ford genuinely believed that Han Solo dying in RotJ was the best outcome for the character

that Ford has been grouchy for years over the role of Han Solo because he just got tired of it always being brought up, of course he did, t is only human and everyone has their limits.

Ford is back in Star Wars because he likes the script and the money is good, not because he is on a mission to kill a fictional character. Sure, maybe the death scene help to sell it to him, but I think it is far more likely that he just liked it because it is good and something he can get his teeth into rather the endgame of a three decade long murder plot. ;)

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    According to People.com, he is supposed to be discharged from the hospital by the end of the week. They said aside from that, he has a long and difficult road ahead in terms of therapy, but he should be able to make a full recovery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.