main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Santar

Santar Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2014
    Thanks for the update. Sounds like it could be a tough road to recovery, but hey it's Harrison Ford, he'll probably do it in half the time! ;)

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
  3. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014
  4. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Everybody's wondering if Han will have a tender moment with Leia or Rey before he dies, but what about Chewbacca? They need a moment together that shows just how special their bond is... I imagine Chewie's reaction to Han's death being the most emotional to watch actually.

And, surprisingly, there could be one poignant line of dialog from 3PO about Han being a good man or something that could just be like a dagger to the chest, especially since they hardly ever got along haha.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Yes, I agree, but according to the rumors, they'll have some scenes together showing their bond anyway.

6. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Chewie should die alongside Han. And in the Falcon. Nuff said.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  7. Millennium Fairlane

Nov 29, 2014

Just because Han dies doesn't mean Chewie dies too. He's not a loyal hound. 'Nuff said.

Revanfan1 and HanSolo29 like this.
  8. dan1210

dan1210 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 27, 2015
    Han arrives (Wearing his iconic outfit minus the waistcoat which is replaced with a thin cut biker style leather jacket)
    ha ha which ever way you cut it a short biker jacket is not a good look for an ageing man, anyone whos into fashion i think would agree. In my opinion han will be seen with a 3/4 length jacket or a long jacket as seen in the supposed leaked concept art (bladerunner esque)

My point being in order for the older cast to 'blend in' or still remain 'cool' as it were their wardrobe should be very tasteful and not draw any attention to itself. Han in his old style costumes will certainly not work for a man of harrison's age. I would be wary of any spoilers describing han in a biker style jacket personally.

9. Millennium Fairlane

Nov 29, 2014

lol. A duster would be the way to go. And 'waistcoat' is funny, makes me think of him dressed as a hobbit.

10. iluvkoalas

Mar 6, 2015
    I don't want to see Han dressed like he was 30 years ago. Yes, I'd like to see him dressed nicely, but I hope that his outfit shows a little difference with him being older. Maybe some color even, like a blue...

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I hope he's dressed in a Hawaiian shirt and flip flops.

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That has always been one of my pet peeves, especially with the now debunked EU. It seemed that Leia and Luke were always getting wardrobe changes, especially in illustrated works like comics, book covers, etc., but poor Han was always stuck in the same black vest, blue/brown pants and white shirt. It was quite sad, almost as if the marketing people were afraid we wouldn't be able to recognize that it was Han without the black vest and white shirt. o_O

Hopefully TFA will remedy that trend and give us something different. With that said, I could definitely go for a duster.

13. Millennium Fairlane

Nov 29, 2014
    Han's clothes changed all the time, they just stayed in the same genre. A guy likes what a guy likes.

FRAGWAGON and DarthLightlyBruise like this.
  14. iluvkoalas

Mar 6, 2015
    Agreed. Harrison is tough to please. If he liked it, then it's probably great.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    can't wait to see Han's official costume in action if the teaser #2 description is correct of course.:D

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I think that's the thing I'm most excited to see...as if you couldn't tell! :p

17. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    what costume do you think they'll show???

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, I loved the idea of the duster ever since that piece of concept art leaked a while ago. I'm hoping they go with that one, but knowing them, they'll probably show his snow gear just to torture us!

19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    so you want to see the one on the left but you expect the one the right
    [​IMG]

wouldn't be surprised if they did, I think this Teaser is supposed to shown Han himself more for his face so they might want to keep his costume for later.

that pic makes him look like a space cowboy.[face_laugh]

HanSolo29 and nightangel like this.
  20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    The images are blocked on my computer here, but I'm assuming it's the same concept pieces that were posted a while ago. If that's the case, then that is correct!

At any rate, I just want to see Han again, so I'll take anything at this point!

As for the cowboy thing - if fits perfectly! Han's character is derivative of the gunslingers and cowboys in the old westerns, so it makes complete sense for his look to evolve like that. There was this screenshot from an old western I found a while back that had a guy dressed up exactly like Han from ANH. It was kinda scary how similar they were. I really need to see if I can track it down.

21. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Yeah I also want to see Han and Luke/Leia in costume, so you are right anything is better than nothing.

I mentioned the cowboy thing because growing up and watching hundreds of cowboy movies with my dad, that costume is one numerous cowboy heroes or villains wore.:)

you should try to find it, it seems like it could be a fun pic.

HanSolo29 and nightangel like this.
  22. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

He was always the favorite actor of my father (who was a big Western/Cowboy fan too :) )
    [​IMG]

23. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    isn't that Clint in Pale Rider (also my dad's favorite actor):)
    I preferred The Man With no Name Trilogy.:D

hopefully Old Han is as cool as Clint in those movies.:cool:

nightangel and HanSolo29 like this.
  24. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Brown leather duster would be awesome, and very Western-influenced, gunslinger look, which is perfect for an older more grizzled Han. Then have him with the same black pants with the hash marks down the side and a cream-colored shirt similar to his ESB shirt.

25. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    It does look to similar to firefly though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.