main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yeah, I tend to agree.

While I can see him making a brief appearance at a big panel like the one last Thursday with JJ and the entire cast, he's not one to stick around and tour the con floor or to interact with the fans through photo ops, autograph sessions, etc. He'll be there for the main event and then he'll be out the door. That's exactly what he did both times he attended SDCC.

2. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    I think you guys may be putting it nicely, I thought he was an arrogant jerk. I don't mean jerk in an Sir Alec way where he thinks Star Wars is dumb, or in a reasonable way if you bother him eating with his family...I mean just a miserable jerk way. I'd dig into him more but it was only briefly and maybe he was having a bad day, this was 20 years ago with him rocking a moustache. And he was hardly the worst (which was Andrew Dice Clay circa 1993 or so).

Fwiw - I've met a lot of celebrities that have come through Vegas or Atlantic City, and in a few cases Los Angeles. Sylvester Stallone was easily the nicest, with Ben Affleck and young Mike Tyson not too far behind. By and large most are at least polite and gracious so long as you're not getting carried away, sticking cameras and collectibles in their faces as they're trying to do their thing. Which many people (esp tourists) do regularly which would irritate me too.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  3. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Funny story: A friend of mine's house in southern MD was Tom Clancy's inspiration for Jack Ryan's house in Patriot Games (you know the one that gets attacked/blown to hell). When they were in pre-production for the movie, Harrison was helicoptered onto the property to check it out, and he was a total jerk to my friend's family and all the little kids (they were 5 or 6 at the time). He didn't like all the people hanging around and the kids so they nixed the scenes on the actual bay and built an exact replica of the house in California for those scenes...needless to say they LOATHE Harrison Ford to this day.

Personally I think it's hilarious...but it didn't happen to me. :-D

Forcesensitive01 likes this.
  4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    He definitely has a gruff way about him, and that can be quite off putting. I don't think he's exactly comfortable with people, but Carrie says he's a lot of fun when you get him drunk. :)

5. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    I always have been a huge harrison fan, but i never met him. i guess im glad, so i can stay a harrison fan.

6. InsidiousMongo

InsidiousMongo Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2015
    I agree, because 'that is where the fun doesn't begin'.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Just goes to show you that these people are human and they have good and bad days like the rest of us. He does have quite the reputation of being grumpy and disagreeable, but then you hear stories of how accommodating he can be and how such a pleasure he is to meet in person. I guess it all depends on the day and the circumstances upon which you meet. Of course, we all hope for the best when our chance comes, but it doesn't always work out that way. Regardless, those were some interesting stories! Thanks for sharing! :)

8. InsidiousMongo

InsidiousMongo Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2015
    Could not be worse than Julia Roberts... new definition of hag in my experience 13 years ago...

9. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    Stallone is a longer story I can't get into right now, but I told Affleck he was the bomb in Phantoms.

10. City Councilman Binks

City Councilman Binks Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

Luke'sSeveredHand and KenW like this.
  11. Darth Yeezus

Darth Yeezus Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 21, 2015
  12. Bennihana

Bennihana Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2014
    Being a grumpy old man is part of his schtick though. He seems like he isn't one to indulge fans approaching him. Lord knows if I suddenly became super famous I'd dread fan interactions as I can only take so much social interaction in a day, especially when I wouldn't be able to go outside without someone recognizing me.

13. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Ford has always been a very private individual. I think his attitude and character sometime comes across in the wrong way. He cares about his and his family's private life, and has never been a huge fan of interviews and publicity tours. It comes with the job, so he partakes in events when need be, but he's never been one to care for the entertainment industry's constant running mill.

14. catlover43

catlover43 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 9, 2014
    VH1 did a special about 11-12 years ago called When Star Wars Ruled The World. The Big 3 were on it and while everyone else was saying how happy they were that ANH did so well, Harrison complained that "he woke up and his anonymity was gone".

15. deneuves

deneuves Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    If anonymity is that important, you can choose to have a career in less commercial films or do fewer films. Ford's filmography has been one big franchise after another with other big budget action movies in between. Joaquin Phoenix clearly hates the press tour circuit, which makes sense why he turned down Dr. Strange.

16. Forcesensitive01

Forcesensitive01 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Speaking of meeting celebrities, Dustin Hoffman is one of the nicest human beings. My family and I bumped into him while we were abroad and we were the only ones who noticed him. He kindly took some time to take a picture with us and then even recommended a nice place for dinner down the street. Nice guy.

17. Forcesensitive01

Forcesensitive01 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    But judging from Harrison's attitude about Star Wars, I'm guessing this will be his last film in the franchise. He always thought a death for Solo was appropriate to end ROTJ, and the amount of press he has gotten for just that role over the years has made him appear to almost resent his work in the franchise. I'm guessing Han will get the most screen time out of the OT cast and then will meet his end by either Kylo Ren (Who I think is unrelated to the Solos or Skywalkers) or by Uber. Somehow Han is going to get a last hurrah and that will be the emotional zenith of the film.

18. catlover43

catlover43 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 9, 2014
    But I will say though in Harrison's defense I'm sure he thought ANH was going to be a disaster at the box office though and was shocked at the huge success it was.

19. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I think Han`s death is a win-win for everyone. Ford and Kasdan get their wish from 30 years ago. J.J gets to leave his mark on the franchise and everybody gets a shocking and iconic moment.

20. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Iconic definitely. Shocking not so much. Han's death is expected at this point.

21. KenW

KenW Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 25, 2015
    I'll just get a facepalm moment. What happened to Han retiring and flipping burgers, happily married to Leia, with kids who were going off on crazy adventures?
    Let out that gut, Han! You've earned it!

FRAGWAGON and ThinWhiteDuke like this.
  22. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I'm thinking maybe we see all these force users and yet its the 'mortal' Han who manages to save everyone, by sacrificing himself. Kinda like that story from Twilight [face_blush]

23. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    At the end of ROTJ, Han learned that Luke is Leia's brother.

For TFA, will Han know Vader was their father Anakin?

If he learns this would it cause distress in his marriage to Leia?

24. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

I find it curious why TPTB would even need Harrison's input on what the house would look like. Did they think that would help him get into character better? Did he have a producer's credit for the film?

25. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Never meet your Idols ...they will always let you down.

Harrison Ford is a great actor but not a great people person. I am just glad he can act ....but I get where the negative vibes from star wars fans comes from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.