main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    To answer your question hlc88. You don't have to live in the UK to know which sites are tabliods and which are not. That's what an internet is for. To look into it yourself. All you have to do is read one of thier article and you can tell right away.

2. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Ring up their entertainment team and I don't think it would be too hard to sell them a bogus Star Wars story. I know of someone who has done that with James Bond. Not saying this story is false at all, just that the British tabloids are not necessarily paragons of responsible reporting (minor understatement).

TKT, Artoo-Dion and Momotaros like this.
  3. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
  4. Darth Pizza

Darth Pizza Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 15, 2014
    You can say that again. First, they had headlines saying Ford's ankle was crushed, now many of them have omitted the word "ankle" altogether in the headline, saying, "Harrison Ford crushed by Millenium Falcon!" ... sheesh. Anything to sell the story I guess.

Claire1976 and Momotaros like this.
  5. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Exactly.

6. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I highly doubt Disney would have rushed out a statement saying filming would continue if his injury were actually as serious as these tabloid reports suggest. I'm still optimistic that he'll be fine, miss a minimal amount of time on set, and that with some shuffling around of the schedule, everything will still be on time and fine.

7. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

[face_laugh] I feel bad for laughing at this; but that was good. Those were good times with the Hyperspace Site. [face_laugh]

You just put this whole ordeal in the proper perspective.

8. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    hlc88

Ive tried to be friendly but to you obviously want an argument, you have absolutely no idea who i am, what experience i have of the NHS or in what capacity. Well i can tell you its pretty intensive and over a long period and one of my responsibilities is to report how the NHS is failing its patients in my particular area of the UK, and how it can be possibly improved. I work alongside Doctors, nurses and many other healthcare professsionals and i know the current situation in my part of the UK. Are you aware that the minimum waiting time for cancer surgery is 6 weeks? And thats if you're lucky. I wasn't disagreeing with you about the quality of the NHS staff merely pointing out what a company like Disney would want for their prize asset but you don't want to see that. And i don't know how you can speak for every person who work s within the NHS, i couldn't and i probably deal with multiple departments whilst you deal with one or two.

I appologise to the moderators for going so much off topic.

jaqen likes this.
  9. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    In the real picture the text reads "Hello Reddit." It was from a recent ask anything. Funnily enough, Ford was asked who shot first, and his response was "I don't know and I don't care."

ThatWanFromStewjon and markdeez like this.
  10. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
  11. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Anyone know where the pic was actually taken? Definately looks like here in the UK.

12. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    ^^^Guys, this is photoshopped. It's not real. The sign he held up didn't say he shot first, didn't make a joke about his ankle. It's from *weeks* ago.

markdeez and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It's photoshopped. It was a pic from Reddit about asking him questions.

Ninja'd

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Actually, I do not want an argument. If that is how you are reading my posts than that is unfortunate. I was merely explaining to you how things have operated in my area using my own experience to clarify. I know what happens with fractures, how they are dealt with: is that your area of expertise? No, it doesn't look like it from what you have said your role entails. You have no idea who I am or of my own experience in the NHS either. In my area of the UK its not falling apart (that I am aware of - it seems to be working well and handling itself okay with perhaps some minor problems). Not every area of the UK has failing areas of the NHS. I do like though how you claim to know what a company like Disney would want when you have no affiliation with them though! :D You cannot know what they would want and in the end it is up to Ford where he is treated: not his employers. :)

15. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    And... we're done.

16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If they're attributing Ford's son as saying that Ford may possibly need a plate and screws then he would have said something like that. You aren't supposed to make up something the guy didn't say at all. It could be the son said that his dad "might need work done" which they then turned into "plate and screws". I'm not saying he directly said "daddy need plate and screws in ankle boo-boo better", but if the quote is attributed to Ford's son, then it would be in the ballpark.

17. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Ok, fair point. But they really should have laid it out as a proper quote rather than attribute it to him. For me, if things are not laid out accurately, I find it suspicious. But I have no experience of Access Hollywood. Thank you for explaining. :)

18. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    My mother in law texted me that ABC interviewed Harrison tonight on the evening news. Anyone catch it? I didn't see anything posted.

19. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    You sure it not an old interview or pre-planed interview from before he got hurt?

20. my kind of scum

Mar 4, 2002
    I have no idea. She texted me, but I was at the park with my daughter. She said it was new, but I'm not sure.

21. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Okay people lets stick to the facts what do we know?????
    1) Harrison Ford hurt his ankle and was airlifted to a hospital
    2) Disney announced that shooting will continue as scheduled
    3) His son said he may need plate and screws (key word MAY)
    4) His wife visited him
    5) Filming is going on right now
    So if filming is going on right now then clearly no one there is making it a super big deal so why should anyone on the internet? Lets try not to state rumors from a shady website as fact.

lbr789, Momotaros and Adi_Gallia_9 like this.
  22. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I said I don't trust those news sources at all. They're trash. My point was that millions of Americans trust them.

And I said it was in their interest to release a statement, not ours. For one, if it's just a minor injury as you say, I'm sure Pinewood would like people to know that. This is hurting their reputation.

23. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    lol no it isn't

ThatWanFromStewjon and Momotaros like this.
  24. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012

To respond to those websites and rag "newspapers" is to give them an acknowledgement of respect or to legitimise them.

It is not in Disney's interest to to his or they'll have to respond to every single things. Pinewood's reputation is not being hurt either - the on set safety is the responsibly of the cast and crew - and the crew are Disney/Lucasfilm employees, not Pinewood.

None of us know the cause of the accident and the matter will be dealt by Abrams, etc.

I don't very much that millions of Americans "trust" these sources - they may follow them but trust...?

The facts are these - Ford was injured and sent to hospital, filming is is still in progress - therefore the more logical conclusion is that the injury is not severe enough to endanger production.

The story is just being hyped up by websites to get hits for advertising - run by people who don't care about Ford, Star Wars or fans.

Now I shouldn't be here in case of spoilers - back to The Walking Dead.

Bye.

Momotaros likes this.
  25. my kind of scum

Mar 4, 2002
    Sorry about the ABC thing - just got another text from the mother-in-law. It was just a report that Callista Flockhart had flown out to be with him. No interview. Sorry. I should've known better...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.