main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Well, I don't imagine they're going to have him shooting action scenes quite yet. They'll do scenes like the Falcon's cockpit where it doesn't matter if he has a cast and doesn't have his full range of mobility.

It shouldn't be the exact same as his OT costumes, no. Inspired by, yes, but no one is wearing the same clothes after 30 years.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Han hasn't changed his clothes in thirty years and we wonder why they'd be divorced. :p

3. Darth Pizza

Darth Pizza Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 15, 2014
    I'm not sure which one is the lesser of two evils... the Star Wars set, or a British hospital... How quickly he's motivated to do his scenes depends upon which one he hates more.

4. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Anyone else heard the news from his publicist that he actually broke his leg and not ankle?

Immortiss likes this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Han doesn't wear clothes anymore. In fact, in this new society, nobody does. It's illegal.

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yup, just saw the article. He apparently already had surgery as well. Here is the link: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/harrison-ford-surgery-after-broke-3724889

“Harrison Ford's left leg was broken in an accident. His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly. He's doing well and looks forward to returning to work.”

7. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Wow! His leg? My goodness.

8. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014

Han naga ta poodoo pawa. ;)

9. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Glad to hear the surgery went well and he's on the mend!!

10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    He's looking forward to returning to work? I don't think this is the real Harrison Ford anymore.

11. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Bionic Han Solo!

Lord Chazza likes this.
  12. jedi_jra

jedi_jra Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2011
    I would imagine a broken leg will heal easier than a broken ankle. It is easier to stabilize, and a much bigger bone. With an ankle you are dealing with many small bones, ligaments, and the sort. This is good news, not only for Star Wars, but Harrisons long term side effects.

Gemma, Claire1976, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  13. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    So his leg was broken and he had surgery. Apparently it was a bit more intense than we thought.

14. Darth Pizza

Jun 15, 2014
    ...and hopefully the spokesman really meant "leg", rather than "said leg but meant ankle". Time will tell.

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    ^ Heh...I was wondering the same thing. :p

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  16. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    When they said "Break a Leg!", they were speaking metaphorically, Mr. Ford.

Darth_Corvus and Ganger like this.
  17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    So did they turn Ford into Robocop?

18. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Hmm..just learnt of the 'leg break' news and I have to admit to being slightly concerned by it. Above all else, the main thing is that Harrison is ok. But what worries me is that Harrison isn't a young man anymore, and these types of injuries take longer to fully heal in people of advanced years. If action scenes are required of him then he may not be fit and able for quite a while yet. Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic, but I worry there's a chance this may affect the release date?

19. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Give Han a bionic leg. Problem solved.

20. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Here's something that I think may be being overlooked in this whole matter: the news reports I've heard over the past week have consistently said that he got injured on the Millennium Falcon interior set by a hydraulic door coming down on his ankle with sufficient force to do all the damage it did.

What I want to ask is this: a HYDRAULIC DOOR?! As in a REAL one? I understand perfectly well the need to go practical this time around, to keep things real and/or real-looking whenever possible. But is that how they were done back in the day? Does anyone remember the doors of the previous Falcon sets as actually being hydraulic in nature? Sure, they were probably intended to REPRESENT hydraulic doors, or the GFFA technological equivalent thereof; but on-set, weren't the doors just pulled open and closed by a bunch of guys off-camera, and then sped up in post-production? And wouldn't it have been simpler, cheaper - and, in the end, possibly safer for Harrison - if they went that route now?

Plus, we've all seen these movies: we know that hydraulic doors, particularly in the OT, go down so fast that they could get a second job as guillotines (the Death Star takes the speed prize, but the Falcon's doors weren't much slower). If they were trying to reproduce that visual effect mechanically, it's no wonder it came down hard enough on Harrison's ankle to do damage. A couple inches to one direction or another, and we now might be mourning not the possible loss of a fictional character, but the genuine loss of a good actor.

21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Give Han a Segway to drive around in!

22. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    I've read reports that it was actually a stage door.

EDIT: Nevermind, I looked for it but couldn't find anything...

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  23. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    That's why I think it was a stage door and not a door on set.

Gemma, Pfluegermeister and Mange like this.
  24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Whoa, so he broke his leg? Oh well.

25. Darth Pizza

Jun 15, 2014

I've seen it reported every which way... "stage door", "garage door", "airlock door on the Falcon"... Since the other actors now want everything ON THE SET checked three times over, and based on other things I've read, I'm betting on "airlock door on the Falcon" (which may involve hydrolics, and closes like a garage door).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.