Rumor Harrison Ford to return as Han Solo

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Darth Claire, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Darth Claire Force Ghost

star 4
  2. Stillsberry Jedi Grand Master

The guy that broke this has a good track record with Disney scoops too!
    Echo-07 likes this.
  3. CaptainRegor Jedi Master

star 2
    I thought that how the article was setup was very unserious but if they are right it would be awesome news we all want to see Harrison Ford return!
    Last edited by CaptainRegor, Feb 15, 2013
    Echo-07 likes this.
  4. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    Cool! Glad to see he's coming back, but I really hope the OT cast doesn't dominate over the new cast.. if Harrison's coming back, I am certain Mark is coming back.
    Last edited by KED12345, Feb 15, 2013
    Echo-07 and Darth Claire like this.
  5. Graphic Jedi Master

star 2
  6. Darth Claire Force Ghost

star 4
    Exactly. One of my worries is that the people in charge *and fans seeing as though people talk a LOT more about the OT cast than the new cast* will focus more on the OT cast that they'll forget that the movie is mostly about the New cast. I fear they might pander to our nostalgia.
    Episode Swag likes this.
  7. JainaSoloYJK Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_dunno]I'll take this one with a very LARGE grain of salt...
    V-2 likes this.
  8. FirstStarWars Jedi Knight

star 1
    here the guy on Fox talking about it
    (REMOVED LINK, I DIDNT IT WAS ON THEIR SITE ALSO, SORRY)

not sure if this is big news, rumors been around that all 3 are coming back. Why else would Lucas meet with Mark and Carrie and I guess Harrison
    Last edited by WhiskeyGold, Feb 15, 2013
    Echo-07 likes this.
  9. Stillsberry Jedi Grand Master

As to those that might question this guys credibility, he is the one that breaks lots of marvel news. They even tried to shut him down with a threatening letter. Still, it doesn't matter till it's put on celluloid (digitally).
  10. Darth Humberdinck Jedi Padawan

Not a big surprise, but very cool. I figure LFL is waiting to announce all three at the same time.
    Echo-07 likes this.
  11. Luukeskywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Maybe its because I am trying to read the article from my cell phone, but I see no video after it says to see the video below....

Also I know that site has a good track record on movie scoops, but unless he gave more info in the video there isnt much he gives in the article about any details. Kind if vague. Color me skeptical.
  12. FirstStarWars Jedi Knight

star 1

if it helps here the same video on the FOX site
    http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/en...ans-solo-in-new-star-wars-latino-review-says/
  13. TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'm not saying I don't trust that site...but they always conveniently get "scoops" such as claiming Marvel was doing Planet Hulk and World War Hulk storylines for Avengers 3/Phase 3. I dunno I wanna believe but...
  14. FirstStarWars Jedi Knight

star 1
    First I love TFN and this isnt to attack them, maybe to help but why are they so SLOW with news. AICN and most other sites have this news up but TFN still doesnt on its main page. This seems to be a on going thing. When I first heard about the Disney/Lucas deal I first came here and saw nothing.
  15. kevmp Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Great shot kid, that was one in a million!
  16. DarthVengeant Force Ghost

star 3
    I really hope this is not true. Not interested in Star Wars : The Geriatric Years.

Really sick of the amount of rumors flying around as well.
  17. Jobertus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Good deal. If Ford is coming back, he's likely getting his wish that Han Solo dies during one of these films, that is awesome all around. It's a given that the big 3 (if they all come back) will be in a more supporting role for the ST, as it should be, I just hope the cast of the next generation can hold their own weight. Can't wait until we find out who the next generation of protagonists is going to be, the ST can be no less than 36 ABY (I'm hoping for stretching it out to 45 ABY), and that means its possible (however, unlikely) that the EU remains intact (without hindering the story of the ST.)
  18. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Redesignating as Rumor.
    JackG, MasterSkywalker86 and eht13 like this.
  19. Jobertus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    That assumes the big 3 would be the focus of the ST, which is not the case, they will be in more supporting roles (ala Obi-Wan and Yoda) than that of the "stars of the show". It's perfect, and will be far from "The Geriatric Years".
  20. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Let me say that if this turns out to be true, I will be absolutely ecstatic!

But with anything at this point in time, I'm very skeptical. We shall see how this pans out..

Wow, really? I knew it was only a matter of time before something like that made it into the thread.
    Last edited by HanSolo29, Feb 15, 2013
  21. TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I will consider this "news" confirmed when I hear straight from Ford's or Lucasfilm's mouth. I want Han back but I'm not getting excited yet!
  22. Julius Vernon Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    This is fantastic news and I really hope it is confirmed soon. The resident "Han Solo is the greatest character ever" fan club (myself, @HanSolo29, @Echo-07, @Pro Scoundrel, et al) will sleep easy tonight!

For those critical of this news, please realize that SW has always been about passing the torch. The opportunity to see how things wrap up for Luke, Leia, and Han is priceless and we should feel privileged not frustrated. We have a great team working on this film and all signs are pointing up right now.
  23. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Hmm - also a 'mexican remake' of Scarface in the same interview - I've got my shaker ready, but if it's confirmed about Harrison, that would be awesome!!
  24. awesomejedi Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm skeptical, but I really, really, really hope it's true!
    Echo-07 likes this.
  25. lbr789 Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm trying not to get too excited until this is confirmed- but I'm failing miserably. :D