Rumor Harrison Ford to return as Han Solo

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Darth Claire, Feb 15, 2013.

1. chris hayes Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Feels Forced !!! NO PUN INTENDED......
  2. Darth Claire Force Ghost

star 4
    They won't be swept under the rug. Just not given the lead role cause I doubt Lucasfilm wants to have your entire new trilogy run on a bunch of old actors *especially when the past SW main heroes have been between the ages of 20-30* when its easier to connect to younger viewers with generally younger characters *most likely the new cast will be between the ages of mid 20-early 30s and our new director works well with younger casts whether they be the Star trek cast or the Super 8 cast* than it is to a bunch of old guys.
  3. Jason79 Jedi Master

star 1
    I agree that the lead roles probably should be younger. We need some fresh faces in Star wars. Preferably made up of mostly unknowns that are also good actors. Much how Carrie, Mark and Harrison weren't quite as famous when they were in the original. I just don't want to see Miley cyrus or Justin bieber running around pretending to be Jedis.:p We all know what happened the last time they tried to attract the kiddies to Star wars. Cough Jar Jar Cough. LOL but seriously i'd still like at least a Cameo or two of the original actors.
    DarthBreezy likes this.
  4. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I don't think anyone realistically thinks that the Big Three should be the main cast. It seems as if everyone agrees that they should be supporting players, at the most. It's just enough to say 'hello' to some old friends.

I don't know about that...he still looks pretty damn good for 70. Throw in some of that movie magic and he can pull it off. ;)
    Pro Scoundrel and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  5. markdeez33 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    So awesome to have Harrison Ford back on board. Welcome back, Han Solo. We've missed you.
  6. Darth Claire Force Ghost

star 4
    Well that "movie magic" didn't work for Indie 4 so.....
  7. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    We'll have to agree to disagree then.

Harrison was one of the highlights of Indy 4. He may have been older, but he was still Indiana Jones, plain and simple. If anything hurt that film, it was bad decisions concerning the plot and the ensemble cast.
  8. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    Except it's not when done right. I will point to TNG, Wrath of Khan, Star Trek 2009, all of which brought back at some point one or more of the original cast of Star Trek and did it well.
    Last edited by KED12345, Feb 20, 2013
    Pro Scoundrel, yodasbum and HanSolo29 like this.
  9. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    I think you're totally wrong. I've been back on these boards in full swing since early November and I never once read that anyone her wanted the Big 3 to be the main focus of the St -- not even in Episode 7. Those gnashing their teeth in utter consternation over having the Big 3 back need to take it down a notch and step back. Everyone and their brother knows by now that they are being brought back to pass the torch to a new generation which could span into as many as 6 more episodes.
  10. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    One thing I have to say about this deal..

Han Signed First! ;)
  11. bighairedaristocrat Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'd definitely like to see 6 new Episodes, but thats the first i heard of more than one trilogy planned.
  12. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Lol! We need to make T-shirts! :p
    Last edited by Darth Chiznuk, Feb 20, 2013
    Echo-07 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  13. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]
  14. TrandoJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    What? Harrison looked great in Indy 4! It was more of the writing I think, and the green screen stuff didn't seem fir for Indy IMO.
  15. Darth Claire Force Ghost

star 4
    Still it was kinda sad to see Harrison Ford NOT be the young, handsome man that we all wanted to be. I mean us wanting to be like Indie was part of his charm...seeing him as a 70 year old guy....eh. But whatever it doesn't matter the script sucked and hopefully the SW7 script is better *I still don't know whether to trust Arndt or not cause the Indie4 writer had some good credentials, like Arndt. I just don't want a repeat where we got a good script writer but somehow get a horrid story*
  16. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    I thought 70 year old Indy was great and Harrison didn't seem to have skipped a beat after the long interval between films. He was still Indy! It was that bratty kid that annoyed the hell out of me.
  17. DiditAllForTheWookie Jedi Knight

star 1
    The older cast will be used to flesh out the character of the new cast. Luke will likely have a Revenge of the Sith Yoda role.
    Echo-07 likes this.
  18. Pro Scoundrel Force Ghost

star 4
    =D=
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. chris hayes Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    [face_rofl]
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. Garrett Atkins Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The odds of the ST being great are 3720 to 1.
    Harrison- Not arguing with that.
  21. CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight

star 1
    Boba fett is a strong rumor to be the next to be official. He never really did die!! : p
  22. Darth Claire Force Ghost

star 4
    but but.....I want to think it will be great :(
  23. Garrett Atkins Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Not saying I don't. Just don't have high expectations.
  24. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    C'mon we have one of the most accomplished producers in Hollywood, an Academy Award winning screenwriter, George Lucas writing the treatments, Lawrence Kasdan as a consultant and JJ Abrams directing (not my first choice but he seems to have a genuine passion for Star War which I think is a very good thing.) I think we have a better shot than 3720 to 1 that this will be pretty good. Don't worry, be happy! :p
  25. Count Yubnub Force Ghost

star 4
    DON'T!
    DO!
    THAT!
    :mad: