main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Harrison Ford to return as Han Solo

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Claire, Feb 15, 2013.

1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    The PT missed that type of character not Han himself.
    Ford is 70 years old so the vision of the 30's Han in people's minds is long gone. It was the same with Indy 4 and now I have visions of them getting Shia for the ST [face_sick]

2. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Oh, ITA. These days, a flat out denial means little it seems.

3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    See, I still take that as near-confirmation. Basically, there's a deal being worked out. In short, it means that the makers want Han in Episode 7, which means he has a role in the script. Obviously, Han's not going to be there without Leia, Luke and possibly even Lando. So they're obviously in the script, too. Chewie? I'm 99.99% sure of it.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This is great news if true (and it definitely sounds accurate to me.) I can't see why anyone wouldn't want to see Han, Luke and Leia again and see where their lives have taken them. I'm excited as hell to see Han Solo have one last flight in the Falcon. Sure the next generation should take center stage but where will they be if they don't have people who have been through all this before to fall back on?

5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Exactly. Their roles will probably be significant, but I doubt they'd be the main characters (even Luke). Someone needs to usher in the next generation. It would be preposterous to have the main characters be the kids of Leia and Han, yet their parents are nowhere to be seen the entire film. Saying that, if all three appear in the entire ST, I see their roles gradually diminishing. Their roles will probably be the meatiest in Episode 7.

6. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Got thinking about this. While I do want to see Han back in the sequel trilogy in some form or fashion, I hope the hoopla doesnt turn this whole thing into "the Han Solo/Harrison Ford show". Think about it. He is the first of the actors being confirmed, even before Hamill. The report is said that he has signed a very lucerative deal. It almost sounds like they are going to have no choice but to give him top billing in the movie. I know top billing doesnt necessarily mean biggest part, but I hope this doesnt overshadow everything else. We have to remember this is the Skywalker saga, not the Han Solo saga. Mark Hamill should get a higher billing than Ford. That is not even to mention the youngster who lands the role of the central Skywalker offspring, who likely should get the #1 billling overall and have the biggest role.

I know the media and all of the bloggers eat up the return of Han Solo news since most people think he is the best character, but anyone who truely understands Star Wars should know he is merely a supporting cast member to the Skywalkers in the saga.

7. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I see where you're coming from with this, but this doesn't worry me in the least. I don't think Disney would sacrifice the future of SW just to get Ford in the film.

I think these stories will continue the heart of the saga and will keep the general ideas that made the originals so great.

I for one am not seeing any bad news in this. The fact that it sounds like more than a cameo is probably good, since we probably avoid a quick entrance and death.

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Maybe a supporting character, but that still doesn't change that he is the best character. ;)

9. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    The trio will get the AND billing.

10. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I wouldn't be too worried. Billing in the cast, etc. is a contractual thing, and not necessarily indicative of screen time or who the story is centered around. The fact is that Harrison Ford is undoubtedly the big name, acting wise, to emerge from the OT. His return was anything but guaranteed. Therefore, its big big news, if it turns out to be accurate.

11. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    I'm happy also about Ford returning. In spite of my excitement about Episode VII dropping way low in light of the hack, JJ Abrams directing, it's slowly going back up if Harrison Ford returns.

12. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    [​IMG]

Who chills when he's surrounded by thousands of Stormtroopers aboard their most powerful Military weapon

13. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Not that I'm doubting this, but El Mayimbe is far from proven. He said that Marvel Studios was making a Black Panther movie in Phase 2 and that is not happening. He predicted Planet Hulk and World War Hulk as the basis for upcoming movies, but there is no proof of this.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  14. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    This is good news, and that's how I take it too.

So what's the timeline to start shooting if they want to make a May 2015 release date, June or July? And I guess any later and we're looking at a Christmas 2015 release, which would be fitting since Star Wars was supposed to come out Christmas 1976 (if I'm not mistaken).

So if everybody is signed on by the summer we're still good to go. And then we'll just have to wait for J.J. Abrams. :cool:

Julius Vernon likes this.
  15. Iefan

Iefan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 31, 2013
    VERY exciting news! This makes my hopes for the movie even higher. :D

Echo-07 and Julius Vernon like this.
  16. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    Have you seen the way stormtroopers shot? I'D be chilling too.:p

TreborSabreon and Graphic like this.
  17. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Falcon's going to go down in a blaze of glory.

18. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    What's with all the ageist bigots backlashing and complaining about the big three returning?

19. sabrecmc

sabrecmc Jedi Master star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    Well, I for one am super-excited to hear this. I imagine that some story elements probably hinge on Ford's return, so they would need to at least confirm that he's in pretty early on and then work out all the legal stuff to get it inked. I feel confident that Hamill and Fisher have indicated their willingness already, though will be very happy when it is official. I always wanted to spend more time with these characters, and remember being over the moon when Zahn's first book came out. It was like seeing old friends again. I don't want a re-do, but do feel there are more stories to tell here, even if it is paving the way for a new generation. Bring.it.on.

Echo-07 and Julius Vernon like this.
  20. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    I'll be thrilled to see the big 3 on coruscant. Imagine han talking to luke with his feet up & chilling in the old jedi council.:D

Vastor and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  21. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Pretty sweet it would be!

Han: Man these chairs aren't very comfortable.

22. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm of the 'I don't believe it until it's announced officially' camp, though I figure it's a good possibility.
    My hope is that there will be a big announcement there (not that I'll be there to see it :( ), it would be awesome if that was the announcement!

TreborSabreon and The Bops like this.
  23. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    Hopefully one of the younger heros says to han's son or daughter "where did you dig up that old fossil" as they call
    on Han for help.

24. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003

yeah that would be very Star Wars

25. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    It would be very ironic if he were the only one to come back.

But I'd honestly trade Hamill, Ford, and Fisher for Billy Dee Williams.