main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford Unsure about Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sluggo1313., Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Whenever someone complains that I'm a Thread Derailer, I just show them the Episode VII forums.

Pfluegermeister and fishtailsam like this.
  2. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Technically I think Indy 5 should be fair game in here, since it was apparently one of the sticking points in Ford's ST deal.

But overall, yeah I agree that these forums have been all over the place lately.

Pfluegermeister and Echo-07 like this.
  3. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I freakin' love Temple of Doom. It's the movie I think of when I think about Indiana Jones. I never get tired of watching that one.

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    At least the thread is still related to Harrison Ford, it's not totally off-topic. But yeah, in general, threads have been a bit wonky since the writing announcement... so everyone please do your part to try to keep threads on-topic. :)

5. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Heh ironic since we're writing all over the place after a writing announcement.

6. mcgo

mcgo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 22, 2013

It was my favorite too. I'd seen the first one and liked it well enough, but Temple of Doom is still my favorite. HATED Crystal Skull.

Don't really feel any need for another Indy. I've always thought Han Solo > Indy, but even at that, I don't like this whole "Harrison Ford wanted to see his character's arc" through the 3 movies thing. I do not want the Big Three to have big arcs here. They had their big arc; now it's time to show up, hand off the torch, ride off into the twin sunset...

7. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    why can't they have the same level of involvement as Vader, Palpatine, Kenobi, et al did in the OT. I mean, they had their big arcs in the PT, why were they so prominent in the OT?

8. mcgo

mcgo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 22, 2013
    I would say the Kenobi/Palpatine level of involvement is exactly what I'd like; but I would argue that Kenobi and Palpatine are not prominent throughout the OT. Kenobi had an arc in IV culminating in his death and had a bit part thereafter adding up to maybe 10 minutes or less of screen time. Palpatine didn't exist in the world of the OT, except as a hologram, until VI. It feels as if they played a bigger part now because we bring our knowledge of what happened in the PT along for the ride.

Vader's a different animal, if the whole first six are actually "The Tragedy of Anakin Skywalker." (although I really feel that was kind of a retcon type thing)

9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    How about make it The Tragedy of the Skywalkers?

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  10. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    even so, shouldn't Luke's part be at least the size of Vader's (or Gandalf's)

11. mcgo

mcgo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 22, 2013

Let's go with Gandalf. :) I could be convinced of that for Luke, yes, given that he's basically going to be "the new Yoda" (but Yoda didn't have an arc in the OT either: he taught. he provided expository information. he died.).
    Just hoping that they are indeed going to spend most of their time on developing an arc for the next generation and less time on giving the Big Three another story arc.
    And believe me, I love the Big Three more than you know. I'm just pretty convinced that the most compelling story arcs one could write for those three have already been written.
    I'm of course willing to be proven wrong. :)

Bob Octa likes this.
  12. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I see the conclusion of the saga as needing to conclude the arc of at least Luke, not creating more open ended arcs. Just MHO

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    No Luke should live forever and ever.

14. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    After his string of box office bombs (Hollywood Homicide or Random Hearts anyone???), he NEEDS Star Wars, just like he NEEDED Indiana Jones.

15. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

Harrison Ford's last two movies were a bomb ("Paranoia") and a hit ("42"). He needs STAR WARS like he needs a piece of pie.

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    You're right in the fact that he has made some very questionable decisions over the years in terms of choosing his films - the films you have highlighted were indeed flops. However, is it really fair to go back 10-14 years in order to drag him through the mud? He has had some pretty decent hits since then (What Lies Beneath, KotCS, 42 and Enders Game is looking pretty promising so far) and I would say his career is pretty solid. He doesn't need Star Wars in order to stay afloat. His name is still a big box office draw (maybe not as much as it used to be, but audiences still love him) and he is still getting plenty of film offers. If he ends up returning to the role of Han Solo, it would simply be icing on top of the cake for him.

17. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Do you know how fortunate Harrison Ford is??? Make me a list of all the 71 year old women out there being offered big roles in big films. I'll wait...:p

I'm pretty sure he's going to keep saying yes to all kinds of stuff as long as people want to offer it to him.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    He needs SW like Ben Affleck needs acting lessons. Actually, Ben Affleck no longer needs acting lessons...

19. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    These are good news/rumors.
    If they're true, then Han will possibly have an arc through the sequels which is great because all the talks/rumors are about Ep 7.
    His insisting on Indy 5 is also great. Although the series has been completed - twice - there is room for new adventures and new adversaries. Just... No temple of doom or interdimensional beings.

20. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Arthur Conan Doyle's "The Lost World" involved a professor going to Roraima and finding dinosaurs and other now extinct creatures. It's hailed today as a classic in the adventure genre. GL wanted to do a "Lost World" type thing with Indy and Crystal Skull came out. Why people have such a hard time with the aliens makes me think they aren't even familiar with the things that inspired Indy.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    When I hear Crystal Skull, I'm always reminded to that particular South Park episode. And it makes me feel uncomfortable. :D

22. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    The only thing Harrison (I've met him a couple of times and he told me to call him by his first name) is unsure about is the relationship he has with that whisper thin, "actress", who shared a television show with a dancing baby (remember that! WTF!!) the sooner that gets sorted out, the sooner we'll have han solo hanging out with his hetero life partner, walking carpet of a wookiee co-pilot!!!!

23. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Lolz. I guess I get to be that guy again...

You want us to believe that Harrison Ford, after meeting you twice confided in you about his troubled marriage?

24. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Come on guys, when a tongue's planted in a cheek, it's usually fairly easy to detect.

Pro Scoundrel and Krueger like this.
  25. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    the more I think and see of Harrison Ford these past few weeks makes me think he maybe the sole reason for the delay in any 'NEWS', maybe also this JJ re-write. Maybe he demanded a bigger part and they have had to re-write what Arndt wrote

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.