main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford Unsure about Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sluggo1313., Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    Just watch the interview again...
    Cumberbatch: It's safe to say you're in it now right?
    Ford: Why? *Mumbling to Cumberbatch* what did he (JJ?) say?

That statement suggests Cumberbatch is in on the film too and has knowledge the Ford will in fact be back.

2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Good work, Detective. ;)

3. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    If Harrison has a choice to make, that definitely means he's been asked. I can't imagine he'd turn the role down. This would be the last time he'd ever play Solo in his life. I sure hope Benedict is in it too. He's awesome.

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. Fjw1970

Fjw1970 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 8, 2013
    It looked staged to me.

5. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    There will be no more Indy films, especially IF Harrison plays hardball and refuses to participate in the biggest movie ever.

Disney already said that Indy is on the backburner. Harrison refuses to be in Star Wars then that atrocious Indy 4 is the last we'll have.

6. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012

Exactly. Cumberbatch looked guilty as hell as he was hiding something. Looks like we will get someone from Trek crossing over the Star Wars cause of JJ. Harrison is clearly on a non-disclosure clause. He just can't talk about it. He can't announce it. It's in the contract. It's clear this was another duck and dodge. He's been doing it on talk shows now for the last calender year. I don't know when they are planning on announcing this but they obviously want to make a huge deal out of it. Wonder if it will be a press conference or interview of some kind with the Big 3.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    And honestly, that wouldn't bother me one bit. Call me crazy, but I'd rather not see another Indiana Jones film. Indy 4 was enough for me.

Now, Star Wars - that's a totally different animal. Come on, Harrison, don't let us down!

Hitchhiking-Ghost and Echo-07 like this.
  8. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Agreed! There are bad movies, then there is that abortion.

They spent years trying to "find the right script." IF that was the RIGHT script I shudder to think what was passed over. Almost everything about INDY 4 was terrible:

- The script
    - Casting Shia Lebouf
    - Refrigerators are nuclear proof -- we should just build our cities out of refrigerators then
    - The flesh eating ants
    - The sword fight through the jungle
    - Indy having a kid
    - Marion/Karen Allen

The only good thing about Indy 4 was Harrison Ford.

Grand_Moff_Jawa likes this.
  9. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

Just watched the Graham Norton Show on BBC iPlayer. Very coy, didn't outright say no, Benedict saying "You can say that you're in now, can't you?"....

He's in, or I'll eat Indiana Jones' hat.

Echo-07 likes this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, I don't foresee another Indy with Harrison Ford (even though I wouldn't be opposed to it at all.) However, I don't see Disney letting Indy fade away either since it's a pretty big cash cow itself. Once they work out the distribution rights with Paramount I'm sure we'll be seeing an Indy reboot. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with this as I've always thought it could be a Bond-like franchise with different actors taking over the role and keeping it going.

burrisjedimaster1 likes this.
  11. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I agree Chiznuk. I am starting to let go of my FANBOY side and believe that INDY and STAR WARS can become Brand Names without the same actors over and over. Star Wars just needs corrected using the ST to tie up all loose ends which ultimately gives the franchise rebirth. That's what Lucas and RM failed at when starting the PT up. Every time I discuss this it always ends up with me believing TPM was written, directed, and produced better than ATOC and ROTS.

12. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    Darth Chiznuk I agree with your point. A new Indy film with Harrison is a one shot because I don't think they could possibly film more than one with him at his age. Rebooting it after he did another one would be even harder.

Burrisjedimaster1 I have always thought that TPM was the best of the prequels for writing, directing, producing and acting. I think they spent more time working on it 93-99.

burrisjedimaster1 likes this.
  13. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I also remember carrie fisher playing the same game about being in the next star wars films buy saying no and yes at the same time. The only one who seemed up to it was mark hamill when it was.in the early stages.

Hell we don't even know what the sequel or the post sequel trilogy will be about!

14. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    There's no need for a franchise there, IMO. I would like to see one final Indy film, his last great adventure and then give it all a proper ending. No passing the torch, no reboot. Sadly, this will likely not pan out, but a fan can hope, right?

Echo-07 likes this.
  15. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, I'd like for Indy to FINISH with something better than 4. Sadly, they opened up a whole can of bad worms by doing 4 and negating the riding off into the sunset ending we had with 3. At this point I don't foresee an Indy 5 ever and I think Disney is of the same mind.

16. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Well, to be fair...Indy 3 ignored much of what happened in Raiders (Where's Marion?), and Raiders (granted it was made first) ignored what happened in the 'prequel' Temple of Doom (Where's Short Round?). There's a history of ignorance there. Perhaps Indy 5 could ignore Indy 4 and give us a suitable finale. :p

DarthBreezy and Echo-07 like this.
  17. Fjw1970

Fjw1970 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 8, 2013
    I would love to see Indy rebooted with a new actor. There are a lot of potential Indy stories to be told.

18. DarthSpaced

DarthSpaced Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 27, 2012
    From Wookiepedia:
    Confirmed Trilogy
    The Walt Disney Company purchased the rights to Star Wars from George Lucas in October of 2012. Disney has confirmed that a new trilogy will be arriving in 2015 and will be directed by J.J. Abrams. The films will have 2-3 year gaps between them alike the previous trilogies. The original trilogy cast will be returning, however the only confirmed returning roles will be Harrison Ford as Han Solo and Carrie Fisher as Leia Organa.

19. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Which can be edited BY ANYONE...

Pass the pepper as we have a mountain of salt here.

20. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    Echo 7 and Buddha Fett I agree that there should be a fifth Harrison film. In fact I'd love them to do two films back to back with a stonger link than previous films that give Harrison closure on that role that he and Indy deserve. But that franchise (I hate that word) will be dusted off at some point and rebooted (and I don't want to use this term because I think many for the execs are better than this) for the Disney cash cow.

21. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    Indiana Jones and the Saucermen from Mars

http://mentalfloss.com/article/31320/lost-scripts-part-ii-indiana-jones-and-saucermen-mars

22. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    I finally got a chance to watch that video of HF and BC. Uhm. Yea, they're completely in it. Unless they were pulling an amazing ruse of "let's act like we're in it and can't talk about it." Which is very unlikely because the host seemed completely oblivious that it wasn't officially announced yet. So yea. And HF avoiding the question to talk to BC about being a fan of his was a good tactic, until Graham changed his probing to BC.

Why they won't just announce it already is beyond me. In fact, at this point it's completely frustrating; we don't need a teaser trailer, or pictures of them in costume, or a big announcement ANYTHING. Just have Star Wars tweet it "Okay guys yea, the Big Three are in. Also BC." We'd go bananas and be too wrapped up in speculating for the next decade to even care about any other announcements.

Diggs likes this.
  23. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    The only thing I can guess is that they want everyone locked up and all their ducks in a row before making the announcement -- OR as George put it "a big whoop-de-do."

SuperPersch likes this.
  24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  25. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Don't forget Shia's Tarzan scene. Awful.

Echo-07 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.