main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Harrison Ford...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Luke_Sparkewalker, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    That sounds hilarious and goofy.

2. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    He's a very handsome man. Agree? Even now.......

3. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Carrie will be fine returning as Leia. She recently lost 50 pounds btw.

See what I mean? Not too shabby huh? Sure Mark could stand to lose a few but it's not like he's morbidly obese.
    All these people talking about how old or ugly they look seem to be forgetting something. Someday You'll be old too and nobody will like looking at your wrinkled asses either. :p

4. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Why are we even worrying about their girth? One of the best things about SW is that the people looked like people and not like models. Gimme a fat Leia chewing out a squadron of pilots.

5. Vest boots and stripe

Vest boots and stripe Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2012
    Jinn-N-Tonic likes this.
  6. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I know I'll be ugly someday. I won't be as handsome as I once was. I'll be an ugly old dude, and I won't deny that good looks wane as you get older. What's your point? I never forgot that. I'll be wrinkled, if I don't get plastic/cosmetic surgery money. I know I'll be old and ugly. Just like the actors and actresses......

I don't judge people on their looks. My opinion of somebody, as a person, does not depend on their looks.....

However, I like to see physically attractive actors on screen.....

7. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Sure they can get Harrison Ford, but I'm having major doubts if they can secure Peter Mayhew to come back as Chewbacca. Plus I heard R2D2 retired and definitely ain't coming back!

8. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    As long as Han is written for his age -- perhaps a General trying to hold the Republic together. I don't see him as a "swashbuckler" anymore.

That being said I'm all for having the BIG 3 back in suitable roles, not necessarily carrying this trilogy (and I don't think they will except for Luke.)

Also, I'm even okay with Han dying if that's required for Ford to come back one last time.

BTW-- Is that a HUGE clue that Fisher will be in Ep7??? Losing 50 lbs. That's awesome!
    I say this because GL gave her and Hamill the heads-up last August.

BBTW -- Poll at yahoo.com about the Big 3

http://www.yahoo.com/

9. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005

Yeah, remember he wanted to be killed off in ESB. Maybe he would say, yeah I'll do one movie and die at the end. Perhaps one of his jedi kids watch him get killed by the baddie and this could be a major conflict for them trying to stay on the light side. It would also be a huge twist if done right and they are able to keep it under wraps. Possibly another "I am your father moment." Obviously you can't make his death a shocking revelation but perhaps just a huge shock as you walk out of the theatre.

TPM and ANH both start off trilogies with a happy ending overall. It was the second movie that gives you the bad ominous feeling leading into the finale. Instead just start off with the bad guys winning. I've often thought of the parrallel between the two trilogies. First movie: good guys in 2nd movie: bad guys win/take the advantage. Obviously ROTS was different than ROTJ for obvious reasons. So just don't do a parade at the end like in TPM when Qui-Gon died. make it a very dark time and his death is just what really makes it hit home for the characters and more importantly the audience. Liam Niesson, great actor but the audience will be much more attached to Harrison.

10. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Why wouldnt Mayhew come back?
    He just mostly chills out here in Texas and does the Con circuit.

11. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005

Sorry, I thought it was pretty obvious I was joking. :p

12. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I was ecstatic over here...

I didn't detect your sarcasm either. Kenny Baker being in every film is pretty awesome though. It's not like they really needed to have r2d2 or C3PO played by physical actors. That's pretty cool.

13. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Do you guys remember back in 2005 when PM was doing the interview cuircuit for ROTS? I remember then there was alot of speculation about another trilogy because he signed a NDA and a contract for like 4 more movies. Also, Hasbro secured a license to 2020 or something to continue to make toys. Those were big clues methinks.

14. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005

Well, when i said R2D2 I was trying to joke that the actual droid had retired, not Kenny Baker. Sorry, guess it was not a well played joke on my part.

15. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012

It's ok...

it's in the past. No need to bring up our mistakes and torture ourselves over the past.

Let's just move on and pretend it never happened...

I'm willing to try if you are . Today is the first day of our lives! A fresh start!

Oh , hi ! My name is Yodahasgreenfeet! It's nice to meet you !

I don't even know what we're talking about anymore. Honestly I have nothing wrong with them killing off Han Solo if they do it right. Unless they do an old Han Solo so well that I fall in love with his role in the new films and then he just abruptly dies like he gets ran over by a taxi... that would suck.

But I would laugh hard if Han dies and chewie roars and screams about it for like a minute . That would be funny...in some way.

16. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I think it's pretty obvious that I'm a HUGE Han fan. My all-time favoritist character. Even I wouldn't mind him dying so long as it's a great death in that he saves someone or his sacrifice is justified.

And he is 70 but still looking good. He was pretty good in Cowboys & Aliens and looked pretty fit in the last Indy so he's not some broken down codger --

give us one last horrah Han!

17. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    I think the great thing is, there are so many possibilities right now. Very exciting time to be a Star Wars fan.

Echo-07 likes this.
  18. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Honestly after 2005 ROTS I started to drift away from SW. I watched TCW movie and was not satisfied to say the least. I tried to keep up with the TV series but it soon became clear it wasn't going to happen as planned. I really thought it was over.

Last week took me (and everyone) by surprise and really I've had a SW high ever since.

In fact me and my brother watched all 3 prequels this past weekend to celebrate, Let me tell you, Jar Jar Binks is alot more tolerable when you know there are at elast 3 more films coming. LOL

DarthKreVass likes this.
  19. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    I've gone through my lulls, get interested in other movies. I always told my wife that I was sure there would be more live action movies. I just always knew it but obviously it was still a surprise even though I had that belief all along.

My wife was big into the EU, read tons of books but she stopped reading them a couple of years ago and wasn't keeping up. I bought her the millenium falcon book for x-mas and her fandom just picked back up and she caught up on what she had missed and was really using it to fuel her career of trying to be a journalist, blogging and such.

We bought the blu-ray's last year. But yeah, the fandom went up and down.

Now that she is gone, this is really the only thing I'm looking forward to right now. It's sad because she won't get to see them and that there is a good chance her favorite EU character Jaina Solo could be in these makes it extra sad. But there is also that glimmer or something fun, the fandom that brought us together in the first place. If it wasn't for Star Wars and these forums I would have never known her.

Sorry to get off track there, but yes, as a Star Wars fan and just wondering and speculating, it is a fun time. The next 2 1/2 or 3 years following this movie might be more fun than actually seeing it. I always loved to have something to look forward to, to be excited about.

Fleab88 likes this.
  20. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    I've always felt that there would be more films too. I always thought it would be after Lucas as well. I didn't think it would happen so soon but I always felt it would happen eventually some time after his reign. I'm very excited for these films too , I think it's safe to say that every one who is here is very excited.

It's probably one of the most exciting things in my life right now. A large part of my child hood was these movies and now I feel refreshed that there are more of these films coming out . It's an exciting time for us all.

21. chicago103

chicago103 Jedi Padawan

Nov 1, 2012
    Harrison Ford should get the death scene he always wanted. The Indiana Jones EU already establishes that the character will live a long life there so Ford's desire to kill him off makes no sense but with Han Solo it makes perfect sense to give that character a heroic death. Just make it near the end of Episode VII so Han Solo can still have a reasonably significant role, of the big three his death in the next film would make the most sense.

22. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
  23. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    You know, I don't think I'd actually kill Han off if I was making these films. I'd actually kill Luke. Star Wars has repeating ideas and the first films of the first two trilogies both have Jedi teachers being killed. Qui-Gon in Menace and Obi-Wan in Hope. Having Luke die in VII makes more sense than killing Han and once you've killed one of the original three, it becomes a lot harder to kill either of the other two. I also think that Luke has to sacrifice himself so having Han do the same thing at some point later on would ring a little shallow.

Personally I'd limit Han to a cameo at the end of VII and give him a bigger role in VIII, spurred on by the death of Luke. Would Ford do more than one movie? That's an issue, no doubt. But assuming he was willing, I'd keep him around for at least the first two films and maybe even all three.

24. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    If Ep7 is set 45aby ( post EU ) then the big 3 will be the perfect age Luke 63 ( Hamill 61 now ) Leia 63 ( Fischer 56 now ) Han 73 ( Ford 70 now ) add 2 years when the cameras role.....given that if the only way to get Ford back is to kill Han off then so be it but kill him quite soon in so then you could have a revenge theme also only have Hamill & Fisher in smaller roles as mentors...

25. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    If Natalie Portman were a President, her name would be Baberaham Lincoln....... I'll will just let Wayne Campbell and Garth Edgar from the awesome movie/film Wayne's World explain my position on the good-looking/physically attractive Star Wars (SW) characters...............