main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Harrison Ford...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Luke_Sparkewalker, Nov 5, 2012.

1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Harrison already expressed willingness to come back.

2. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    What do you think that he will wear in/during Episode 7 VII???

3. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Clothes, presumably.

4. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  5. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I don't wan them to kill off Han!! Why is it mandatory in movies to kill off characters? I know Americans have a morbid fascination with killing the things they love. From a marketing perspective it's bad business. Of course Ford can't live forever, but I'm sure Disney will allow a whole NEW "Disney EU" in books, etc. If this new EU follows the Disney continuity, then there can be no "Han" in books or video games. I just don't see it as a good marketing campaign.

6. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    You are obviously on something.....but it's not working.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    For awhile there, I would say No Harrison Ford. Then I said, "Harrison Ford back but only if they give him the death scene he's been asking for since Empire" (that's one of the reasons Han is frozen in carbonite and Lando is literally wearing Han's clothes at the end of the movie). But as I think more, he made that "Morning Glory" movie with Rachel McAdams which, from outward indications, doesn't seem to indicate a sterling later career. But he'd probably ask for more cash to go back to Star Wars. So I really dunno where he will land now. I'm gonna go with a definite yes, maybe.

8. Jedi Master Kenobi

Jedi Master Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2012
    I really want Han back but as I mentioned elsewhere I don't want any of this "Happily Ever After" crap... Han can be the presumed dead, estranged father of the female Hero character. He shows up to help out and finds out his daughters boyfriend is a total Douche but then realises that so was he for all of these years. I agree if they kill him it should be to save his own child as redemption for being a deadbeat dad for so many years. Now that I've put it that way I feel like I described Bruce Willis in Armageddon :) , but hey I don't wanna see the old characters overshadowing the new heroes, Star Wars is always about passing the torch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Sith Iratus

Sith Iratus Jedi Master

Nov 24, 2012
    i think we will see Han die in this episode,maybe in a bar scene by the next villain or by a bounty hunter.
    whatever happens its gonna be great to see them all together just one more time at least.

10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I don't think that's just an American thing, I see it happen in movies/TV from all over the world. Sometimes, killing off a character does further a plot line and does good things in the end. I too hate it when a beloved character is killed off just for the sake of killing someone/so you don't get comfortable and never feel the danger they are in but there are times it makes sense.

That said, if they keep him (as a side character or even just in mention, he doesn't have to actually be seen) I would be very happy.

11. smallpaul

smallpaul Jedi Master star 3

Aug 15, 2001
    It would be terrible to see Han as a responsible general in the ST. I understand that he had his character arc for pirate to food guy. That's why it would have been best to kill when that arc was achieved. But since he didn't die he needs a new arc. I want to see him separated from leia. She chose the force over him. Him and chewie had a falling out and haven't spoken in years and he lost the falcon in a bet. He's a broken grouchy old man that is getting dragged in to one more damned adventure with the people he blames for his state of being. This he has another opportunity for a character arc before he dies. If Lucas were in charge he wouldn't know what to do with solo and he'd make him a senator or something else boring. I'm hoping someone new will understand that a responsible Solo is perhaps the most boring thing that could be on screen( see ROTJ).

12. darthirons

darthirons Jedi Master

Oct 23, 2010
    Not sure why people are getting quite hung up about age. They do amazing stuff now. Brad Pitt in The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button for instance, Captain America for body shape. They could use these techniques to tell the back story between EPVI and VII maybe?

13. smallpaul

Aug 15, 2001
    I would prefer they not SHOW us any back story. The OT does a great job off efficient exposition that let us know everything we needed to know about the back story. In a few sentences we understood that the Jedi used to be the guardians of peace in the galaxy...or that the empire had taken power. A few lines of dialog could let us know everything we need to know and nothing more.

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I've heard the "deadbeat Solo" theory floated, and I think it's interesting, but wouldn't that kinda make everything he went through in the OT kinda pointless? Like he falls in love with Leia and the "I love you." "I know" moment is so darn good. While I think it's pretty much good for the character to be fully with the Alliance / New Republic / Whatever when the flick rolls around I do see lots of potential in the "deadbeat Solo" arc. But, also, there's no way Han will be a main character, or probably even have as much screentime in the ST as he did in the OT. Also, Harrison Ford still has to sign up for it!

Whole thing is really, really speculative at this point. Gonna drive myself nuts trying to think this out in the future.

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    You know, that's actually a really interesting concept. I haven't thought about that one before, but it fits. It will definitely give new meaning to the character, that's for sure. And I absolutely agree with you about a respectable Solo - there's not much for him to do in that role and if the recent novels are any indication, it'll be more of the same for the character and quite boring.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I haven't really had a chance to look over this whole thread yet. Does Ford really want to come back to this series? I thought he didn't like Han Solo.

17. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
  18. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    So not only Hamill and Fisher have expressed interest in returning to the Star Wars Galaxy, but Ford as well?? Hmm. I guess it depends on the script.

19. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    What if they give Han the whole dead father figure (Obi-wan/Qui-gon) role in VII instead of Luke? Except, it's literally the protagonist's father? I mean it sounds like he'd like a death scene and if he got one that was a turning point in the story? Hell he'd jump at that.

20. smallpaul

Aug 15, 2001
  21. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    He wants Han to die, apparently.

Although they could just be making stuff up. There was tons of unfounded rumors and speculation before TPM. Jody Foster was going to play Boba Fett, for example. :p

Count Yubnub likes this.
  22. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    There's gotta be a lesbian joke in there somewhere.

23. Fettcrom

Fettcrom Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2004
    I really hope Harrison is in at least one of them. If he is to die then let it be in the cockpit of the Falcon, making a foolhardy sacrifice wearing a Black vest.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  24. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    I think its pretty sexist to welcome back Hamill and Ford but not Carrie. They don't exactly look the way they did in 1983 either

25. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Han Solo is my all-time favorite SW character. Ford my all-time favorite actor. BUT it can't be just about marketing. IF they killed Han I'd give Disney alot of credit and respect for doing the right thing, so long as it serves the story well.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.