main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Harrison Ford...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Luke_Sparkewalker, Nov 5, 2012.

1. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    That movie should never have happened. The moment Inky survived the atomic blast in a refrigerator was the moment that I should have walked out.

UseTheForceLady likes this.
  2. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    SW is very different. Its deep roots in mythology, ancient epics, and fairy tales makes the appearance of aged characters less jarring than the pulp-fiction world of IJ. SW is also a generational, family saga. Seeing these characters at a later stage in their lives will look & feel more appropriate in SW.

3. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Ford did nothing wrong in the last Indy, the script/plot/director did.

To many characters joining his adventure - he didn't even use his pistol ONCE!

With good writers/director they could nail his part. If they want to kill him, it better be for a really really really good reason. Maybe to set off the new threat for the next movies.

4. PrimeCutPuddingCup

PrimeCutPuddingCup Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2012
    Problem- would anybody want to see Carrie Fisher as Leia? I hate to be "that guy", but she's not exactly the woman she was 30 years ago...

That Bad Huh likes this.
  5. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I agree totally. That was the dumbest scene I have ever seen in a movie.

JediKnightOB1 likes this.
  6. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    Look up Carrie on Imdb - she looks great.

7. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Great news!

8. PrimeCutPuddingCup

PrimeCutPuddingCup Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2012
    Way better than I thought! Nevermind then!

9. Anakin's Daddy

Aug 13, 2002
    Wow, she does. Those photos are from 2007 I think but I'm impressed.

10. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    Why should her character be the same as 30 years ago?? She would be playing an older, wiser Leia, she's the perfect age for that.

Great news about Ford. I have a feeling he will be right there with the rest of the original cast.

Is it just me or are people actually complaining that they are finally getting the exact movie they always said they wanted?? :confused:

Is it even possible to make SW "fans" happy?

11. Anakin's Daddy

Aug 13, 2002
    People will always complain!! We'll probably get the whole original cast and people will be grumbling that they are too old and shouldn't have done it.

The-Eternal-Hero likes this.
  12. That Bad Huh

That Bad Huh Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2012
    I don't agree with that. Just from my own perspective, sitting there as a fan, I'm going "this 65 year old man shouldn't be beating up nobody." He looked, and felt, and talked like an old man pretending to be Indiana Jones. The movie almost came off (again -- to me) as a tribute to Indiana Jones movies, rather than an actual Indiana Jones movie. And yes, the script and everything contributed to that, but Harrison being 200 years old did as well. I didn't buy him as Indiana Jones...it seemed forced for such an obviously old guy.

The real character, Indiana Jones, is not out punching out communists...he's giving lectures at the University all day and not being so brash. Yes, I know that was in there...but it was surrounded on both sides by fight scenes featuring a 60 year old man.

I'd like to see Harrison in the sequels as Han, IF (big if) they can come up with something for him to do where he's not boring and not pretending that he's 35.

-SummerMendocino- likes this.
  13. YODA the all powerful

YODA the all powerful Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    It is definitely good news and surprising, at least to me. I think it would work best with them in supporting roles with a new cast as the main focus. Solo kids maybe?

I could easily see them in more of the elder statesmen type roles like the Jedi Council in the PT.

I just don't think they would work as the main focus. Need some new blood too.

That Bad Huh likes this.
  14. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Excellent news if it turns out to be true!

I never thought that I would get to see the original group back!

I also kind of like the idea of Solo dying in Ep 7. Ford wanted this to happen in Jedi, so maybe he gets is wish now.

15. YODA the all powerful

YODA the all powerful Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    As long as doesn't finally get eaten by Ewoks...

Jobertus likes this.
  16. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    I thought that Ford was one of the things that worked best in KOTCS. He's still good. He'll be great as Han Solo, father and husband. He just needs a solid script and a good story. What happened with Indy 4 was Ford's age really highlighted how cartoonish and absurd the IJ world is, and it jarred some people out of the movie, and they've been complaining ever since! The earlier films were just as cartoonish but Ford was young,a fresh face, and we were willing to accept it all.

SW is very different. Even in the originals he runs around a bit and fires his gun but he's not crawling underneath moving vehicles or diving out of airplanes in inflatable rafts. He's mostly a dramatic character. There's no reason at all that an older Han Solo shouldn't work. Just write him well.

17. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    I'd hate to see them go out like that.

18. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Age is of no concern. He'll be fine. Solo wasn't exactly the most action-heavy of roles, honestly. Aside from chasing some Stormtroopers down a hallway early on, he spent most of his time in a cockpit, or being encased in carbonite. :)

19. Durroness

Durroness Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 4, 2002

Yeah, after being around for a majority of the Prequels and their backlash, I'm not completely shocked, but the intensity of the negative fan reactions to something that most have always claimed to want is a surprise. Especially right now, when everything is speculation anyways.

I'm really excited that Ford might consider coming back. Actually, right now, I'm still just plain excited about all of it.

20. Snydbo

Snydbo Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2012
    I think it has to have Solo to work the best if the others are there. He was always my favorite rebel. And he will give some charisma to the rest of the cast. An anchor if you will.

21. -SummerMendocino-

-SummerMendocino- Jedi Master star 3

May 24, 2004
    Lmao. Truth!

And ditto to all the people who believe in not killing off Luke, Han, or Leia. Good grief, it's as if some people don't even like these characters around whom the entire Original Trilogy was based.

22. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    but if ford says the only way he'll come back is for self sacifice (avengers had one) it would have to be something that really pushed the coarse of the next films...

23. Darth_Sacrilicious

Darth_Sacrilicious Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    This is awesome. If Ford comes back, there would be no doubt about the others. It would need all three of the main people for it to make much sense. You couldn't really have Luke show up, and then say in the crawl oh, yeah, Leia and Han died.

That Bad Huh likes this.
  24. briannabass

briannabass Jedi Knight

Jan 19, 2010
    Chewie died approximately 25 years ABY saving Han's son Anakin... so I hope Chewie isn't in the new movie unless in ghost form. I'd be okay with Lowbacca (his nephew) or his son (I can't remember Chewie's son's name right now).

25. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    Not talking EU, Talking films