main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Harrison Ford...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Luke_Sparkewalker, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Mehmeh

Mehmeh Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    I would love to see them all in the movie-However, I think the director will have his//her hands full with Fisher and Ford unless they truly want to be there for the movie. Not just the money. People can change a lot over 30 years and getting that chemistry back may not be possible. It could end up being quite chaotic if egos are not left at the door.

2. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I'd reckon the EU is out the window now. /spittoon

That Bad Huh likes this.
  3. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    That's incredible. I really didn't expect that. I reckoned he might be in it in the end, but I thought he'd take a lot of talking around and contract negotiation.

4. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    I'll just leave this here...

5. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Not so fast, it may indeed end up being the case, but it is not yet so. The actors who play the big 3 are (or look) old enough for the ST to start in 45 ABY, which is an entirely blank canvas as far the the EU goes. It also allows the big 3 to hand the baton off to two young Skywalker/Solo protagonists in the form of Jaina Solo and Ben Skywalker. Not saying it will happen, but one can hope. I'm just happy there is a good chance we'll get to see the gang back together again, and I hope the writers have included all of the big 3 in their plans.

6. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Harrison Ford is very handsome, I think he may even rival Hayden Christensen's good looks.

7. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Is that canon?

8. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Bahaha! Love it! Chewie doesn't look like he aged well.

9. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    I'm thinking Harrison is showing renewed interest to be play Han Solo because he could get a chance to do the death of Han scene he wanted in ROTJ

10. jps78

jps78 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    Well if its true than its beyond awesome news, I know that Harrison has been a grump in the past about everyone lovable scoundrel but I remember a TV interview he did with Barbara Walters about 15 years ago or so. In it she asked him if he would ever come back to do a new Star Wars, he told her he wouldn't be keen about the idea because he feels Han has no depth as a character and no place to go. However he said out of love and respect for George he would do it. I'm reminded about the AFI tribute to George back in 2005 each one the big three came out talked about George and after Harrison got done the lights went down and when they came up all three were on stage together, they got a standing ovation. I remember when I saw that I got choked up hoping that maybe just maybe we would see them again. Well so far things are looking good.

11. khuddle

khuddle Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2008
    I gotta agree with you , and I also dont want to see Harrison return as Solo. Quite frankly I really didnt expect Solo to live to old age anyway --
    his risk taking personality probably caught up with him well before then. The only cast member I'd love to see and would do the role justice
    is Mark Hammil as an aging Jedi master. That would be very cool.

12. ObiWanandonly

ObiWanandonly Jedi Padawan

Sep 23, 2012
    He's always come across as a bit uninterested in praise for playing Han Solo. But I think as the years went on, and especially now he's realizing that he owns the role, and that if this new sequel trilogy is a continuation of some small part of the original characters' story, he'd want to be a part of it. That, and it would be fantastically awesome.

13. Corruptor

Corruptor Jedi Master

Mar 27, 2002
    Spielberg must be directing this thing or he is in talks with Kennedy.

Crazy.

-SummerMendocino- likes this.
  14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think a lot of people's true colours (or prejudices) are shining through, actually. I've seen an awful lot of (blatant) ageism round here over the past few days. Most subtle, but some not so much.

No, you won’t get Han running down corridors looking for a hydrospanner. They will probably acknowledge their ages in the story in some way. I mean, how can you not? People aren't blind. It just seems that a lot of people don’t want the original cast to return because of their ages. No other reason.

15. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Okay, this whole book thing has been cute. But you get that the moment Harrison Ford signs on for this, Chewbacca's death never happened, right? That's just dollars and cents.

The-Eternal-Hero and Krueger like this.
  16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    AWESOME!!!!! :D

17. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    QFT

18. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    So write them with a new chemistry. There's no need to write their parts like it's 1985 and the OT just wrapped.

They don't seem like a very egocentric bunch to me. Mark and Carrie in particular don't seem to have any huge ego problems. And they'll have the new, younger actors to play off of. So there should be a nice balance.

19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003

She looks great this year, she's really gotten into shape:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TheProtocol and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  20. Lord Nikon

Lord Nikon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    Indeed! I keep seeing that as well. there is absolutely nothing wrong with Fisher. Hamill and Ford aging as they have and playing subsequently aged version of their characters...that called...REAL LIFE AGING. I'd love to see it. Alec Guiness didn't run around doing force jumps and stuff but he held his own. I expect nothing less of the big three in Episode VII-IX.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  21. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    EU is nice and all, but Disney will make their own canon, their own moneymakers, etc. Not some retreads of fan fiction. They may incorporate some ideas like absorbing force lightning via saber. But I'd he shocked if it wasn't totally original

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Disney just bought the EU too, why would they trash what they just bought? Also, it will still be LFL in charge of the creative decisions.

23. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    If Vaughn is really directing I think he could make Han Solo as charismatic as he was in Empire.

24. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    As long as they throw in Jaina Solo and Ben Skywalker I could care less if they trample on the EU and bring Chewbacca back. Maybe he found a space suit and some way off of Sernpidal before the moon crashes into it.

25. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    If this is true... Geek-gasm! That would be a dream come true! Well, you know what they say, 'when you wish upon a star...'

So excited right now!