main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Harrison Ford...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Luke_Sparkewalker, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    If Ford is open to it then so shall it be written.

That Bad Huh and SaberJedi2 like this.
  2. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Most movies are made within 2 years. 2015 is a very realistic time line for Episode VII

3. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    As unbelievable as flying his helicopter around, rescuing people on the mountain where he lives, which he does in real life to this day?

That Bad Huh, krtmd and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  4. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Very shocked at the news. Again nothing is set in stone, and we've got to wonder if Ford will pussy foot around like Murray does with GB's. Which I doubt there is time for.

Kinda worrying. Bringing back Hamill as Luke is fine. The role of wise old Jedi Master leading a new group of Jedi into the future is good for him. However where does that leave Carrie and Ford? What will they do besides have small roles that really don't amount to much? No doubt Ford will want Solo to finally die. And neither Solo or Leia is going to be jumping around like they used to. Not to mention I can't see Fisher wielding a lightsaber. Plus Billy Dee as Lando, I mean it's just a bunch of old people. In which case the younger cast of sons and daughters or jedi aprrentices, whoever will be the actual main characters, will have to be spot on. There can be no failure there, not a bit.

This is why I'm for a recast. Set it as few as 5 years after ROTJ, and you can explore so much more. Like Luke being the last of the Jedi searching for more like him. Leia coming to terms with Vader being her father, perhaps with Anakin even training her, and she can have the kids. Han can still be of some use. The Rebellion or New Republic can still fight the Empire.

It's just kind of a wierd thought. I'm all for seeing the characters reprise their roles, but nostalgia can be an enemy as well as an ally.

5. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I hope Ford is in it just because Jimmy Mac doesn't want him in it

6. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    He can still be Indiana Jones very well and even Harrison Ford but I don't know if he can still be Han Solo. For me the character of Han Solo changed from ANH to ROTJ . The more the character Han Solo ages the more he changes. The Leia relationship was changing him too. And now that he's out of trouble, the bounty on his head is finished... It's hard to see the character finding the same adventure after all these years and being reckless.

He was a outcast and a pirate but now he has Leia , he's part of the rebel alliance as it once was called. He lives day to day under different circumstances and is married or involved with a royal family.

It's hard to see why some one related to royal family would go off being a pirate. The Han solo adventures can easily continue on but I don't think it would be because he was a pirate so much as he ran into trouble in his adventures.

He's a good guy now, Greedo shoots first, put a medal across his chest , maybe even end ROTJ with a self sacrifice . He's a hero now not a scoundrel.
    It's hard to see how he fits in anymore.

Unless, of course he changes... other wise you have to write a plot where he is pulled into action because of extenuated circumstances. This movie shouldn't focus that much on the original cast in my opinion.

Has to be a new solo, who could possibly be expecting the same old Solo at age 70?

7. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    I think doing a recast would be a big mistake. It would be to much change for the majority of the audience to handle, and I don;t think Disney would want to take that kind of risk. In all reality the safe move is to have these character reprise their roles, and in this case I think it is the right one. I have no doubt this trilogy will become a passing on the torch to knew character as well as a new generation of Star Wars fans.

8. Master Hamahiga

Master Hamahiga Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    How can you be so sure that everyone is returning? Nothing has been confirmed as of yet. Perhaps old school fans of the OT would "like" to see the big three return in some capacity so maybe the excitment over that prospect is allowing people to get a bit ahead of themselves.

9. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    A little surprised to hear this news. Ford seemed to have distanced himself from Star Wars until very recently. Glad to see him embracing some of what made him famous. I don't want him or any of the others back for nostalgia's sake, they should be integral to the story somehow. Plus, aren't we forgetting THE MOST IMPORTANT character that needs to return? Someone get Billy Dee Williams on the phone right now!

10. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I think if the role was not just there and it had character development he'd consider it.

11. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Ford has been trending on twitter all day. It really shows the power that Star Wars still has

12. WhiskeyGold

Nov 13, 2001
    I want the OT guys in the movie if they are needed. With the last Indiana jones I felt Marion was added to just be in it. No real good reason. Anyone could have played the same part

13. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    Looks like it's really going to happen. I honestly could of done with Harrison Ford, he's too big. But maybe they will work something out , I think that Luke and Leia deserve just as massive introductions in episode 7 as Han does. I think all 3 of them deserve an equal reception and that Harrison Ford shouldn't be favored by the director, script any more than the other 3. But to be honest, the original 3 films didn't really try to make Han Solo such a popular character . He just became one.

I worry if they can actually work something out to make each of the original 3 interesting while not competing for the screen.

If this film marks the transition into a new Star Wars saga, their being needed might be a given.

14. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Actually I think those are older photos, these ones are from 2012.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    The first 3 photos are pretty decent. Some obvious issues are in the last two. The last two are also candio mind you and are not touched up with computer effects. The first 3 likely were.

Harrison Ford does not look as young as he does in Indiana Jones 4. It was not "candid" it was touched up. The obvious problems Carrie has here are self induced . She is always getting plump again and then loosing weight. I think it's how she keeps people interested. Now that she has Episode 7 lined up I don't doubt she can get into shape.

Carrie Fisher was plump before episode 6, and we all know how amazing she looked for the movie. Oh, do we... yes, oh yes.

Anyways...
    She can loose the weight. She can loose the silly faces and unsightly make up and she should be fine after Hollywood gives her a make over.

How he looks so good now is a mystery . I can find photos from 08 where he looked 80.

Age IS NOT necessarily relevant. We can find examples of much younger individuals who are not as beautiful as they are when they are being filmed. It's Hollywood magic , if she had been in more serious roles we wouldn't notice how old she has become.

Reality

[​IMG]

Not the best example but you understand what I'm getting at I'm sure.

16. WhiskeyGold

Nov 13, 2001
    Those are candid shots not Hollywood make up and stuff.

17. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    The point I was trying to make is that the first 3 are professional, she's posing and it looks as if the first one was touched up at least. The second two are clearly random and would look better at the very least if she was even the slightest prepared and had a smile on her face instead of a scary face. I definitely see walking across the street a candid photo compared to something else that looks more professional. I don't know where specifically the first 3 come from.

18. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    So Carrie can be the new Mon Mothma, she doesn't have to look good to do that.

19. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    [​IMG]

Look at the power of make up! Look what Megan Fox looks like without it...

But in all seriousness I think they MIGHT be able to pull this off still with some makeup.

20. Lord Nikon

Lord Nikon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    Yeah, I think half the younger folk on here would be staggered to see what MOST Hollywood stars look like without makeup, and without the personal trainers and regimens that they get up to when they are going to star in a movie.

My guess is that each of the three will look the part of older versions of themselves if and when they are in Ep VII, as Hollywood magic will make it so.

21. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    Agreed. If he wants to be in it and if a part for home can be written that he likes, then I'm all for it.

22. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    Man, I can't believe what I'm reading. Recast Han or Leia ?? In what era are we living in ?

I'm 33 years old an a STAR WARS fan since I can't remember. My mother was watching SW when I was in her belly and i never stopped since.

The little guy from 1983 would have given everything to watch a new movie with old gang one more time. But even then, I understood that Lucas needed to go back in time and tell us what happened to Anakin/Vader. I thought it was a bright idea, because It was important to learn the backstory of Vader. I also knew that going back would allow Hamill and the gang to get older.

A sequel trilogy with the OT characters at the same stage in their lives would have not been as much interesting as letting grow time passes.

That's why having Hamill, Ford, Fisher, Dee at this age (earlier would have better, but hey) in a SW movie is very interesting.

They will pass the torch in role played by Guinness, Tarkin, Neeson, Terence Stamp, Christopher Lee before them.

The sequel trilogy won't be about them, but they are the characters that bring us back to the SW mythology and show us what really happened betweem ROTJ and Episode 7.

The world will have change and our beloved characters won't be the same like in the real world. Luke will make the ultimate sacrifice, Solo will go out in flame and Leia will most likely die lonely as the Queen of the people.

That is what I always imagined for them and I will have the chance to experience in a movie theater, with my children.

SW has always been a story about the cycle of life and I think it would be a really moving experience to bid farewell to characters from my childhood.

If Disney ever do Star Wars 10-11-12, I hope they wait 15-20 and let the new characters/actors introduces in 7-8-9 grow older. Fine, make movies with other characters who are not really related to the Skywalker brand. But, I would suggest Mrs. Kennedy to maintain a 15-20 years gap between the trilogies.

Then my children will be able to experience the same cycle, which (from a movie experience point of view) is really beautiful.

It's weird, I live in a world where I will most likely never see the last SW movie ever.

23. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    You're expectations make me sad. I don't think any of the original 3 characters should get that sad of a ending.

24. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    imagine living in a world where SW : The Phantom Menace would have been the first SW movies release.

The death of Obi-Wan Kenobi in ANH , while being an important and beautiful scene, would have been the saddest of all endings !

25. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    How is that sexist? I'm just telling the truth. Nothing against her as a person, but Carrie is just ugly now.......

Harrison is still very rugged and handsome....

Please explain to me how what I said suggested sexism?