main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Harrison "Open" to return.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LWSwann, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LWSwann

LWSwann Jedi Padawan

Nov 1, 2012
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/06/would-harrison-ford-return-for-star-wars-episode-vii?utm_campaign=ign main twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Entertainment Weekly reports that Harrison Ford might -- might -- be back as Han Solo in the newly announced Star Wars: Episode VII, which is slated for a 2015 release.
    “Harrison is open to the idea of doing the movie and he’s upbeat about it, all three of them are,” according to EW's "highly placed source" close to Ford. The site adds, though, "Ford won’t go to the next level of contract talks until there’s a script and director in place. Either could be a deal breaker."

2. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Wow , no way. No way, I can't believe it. He must only care about the money now, he said he would never return as Han Solo. But we can't judge or assume. Who knows why he is so upbeat about it now.

I think the fact that we all know that the original 3 are willing to return says alot about what episode VII might be about. The fact that there is so much interest in the 3 returning and now public announcements that they will return. If anything it will get Disney's attention and make them consider the idea more openly.

If he's open to returning I don't doubt that Disney has the right price to make him return if they want him...

3. syferdiasisalie

syferdiasisalie Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2004
    Disney has more money than most countries. They'll make it happen.

4. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
  5. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    It's not like those three are extremely busy with other things these days.
    When was the last time carrie or Mark were even in a major movie? They might as well return to the roles that made them famous. It's starting to sound like george had this thing planned out all along. Now assuming their characters are in the script It's looking pretty positive they'll be back. I sure hope the force is with us on this.[face_praying]

6. Athiest_knight

Athiest_knight Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    The return of the Scruffy Nerfhearder

7. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    The Lucas had it planned? The Lucas works in mysterious ways. If he had this all planned then he is smarter than most people have given him credit for. On the flip end if it wasn't planned then you think he's smarter than he actually may be.

I'd be taken back if he had this planned all the long because he played the part well where he didn't have it planned and hated the idea of more films.

Mark Hamill, Leia should be easy to get to do this if they think it's a good script and it would be believable. Mark Hamill would hold out longer than Carrie. Carrie would probably jump right into this without even seeing a script. Harrison Ford might be a little harder to convince but I think they could convince him too.

Mark Hamill is a respected voice talent and now does some TV . Carrie is well, Carrie. She just goes around loosing weight and saying crazy old things.

8. Jason79

Oct 31, 2012

Here's Mark being interviewed years ago back when the original movies were being made.
    At about 3 minutes into the video he mentions how George planned for 9 movies and asked Mark if he'd come back around 2004 or so. Looks to me like it's really happening now.

9. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    Damn you lol I just made a thread on this! HAHA

10. Jason79

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah I figured this video has already been going around on this site. It's really spooky how this may actually become a reality. If Lucas was talking about these sequels way back then I'd say he already had it planned. He was just keeping it under wraps until the right moment.

11. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm beginning to think that he had his retirement planned all along. And that he would be handing off the franchise by now. I think he must of developed this over the years . He never wanted to do 7, 8, 9 himself and as Lucas Films I think he was planning on retirement. He's almost 70 years old by the time they finished the new trilogy he'd be a pretty old dude.

12. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.