main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Harry Freaking Potter

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by GersonSith, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I won't say too much because I know there are some Potter Heads here, but I saw the midnight opener last night of the Goblet of Fire. It's one of the best movies I've ever seen. It was very funny, some great British humor throughout and the climax was intense! I actually was gripping my soda cup so hard my hand fell asleep and I didn't even realize it. I was tempted to refresh myself by reading this book again, but I'm actually glad I didn't. Not remembering exactly what happened and then watching it unfold and saying, "Oh yeah!" was much better. So hurry up and see it for those that care so we can talk about the details here!

2. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    YES!

I've got tickets for tomorrow. I can't wait to see this!

3. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Im watching it as soon as i get off work tonight. I'll PM you with my thoughts.

4. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    It couldn'r have been that good. Gottmann said she fell asleep. Oh, wait, nevermind. Gottmann falls asleep in every movie.

5. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I have to wait until tomorrow to see it! :_|

6. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    Pretty good movie. I dont know about this whole one of the best movies I've ever seen business, but I liked it a lot.

7. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    But my favorite part about the movie: THE SUPERMAN RETURNS TRAILER! It was a teaser, and it teased me. I want more.

8. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    yeah i made the mistake of rereading goblet of fire....i didn't mean to i was just rereading the whole series and i happened to finish that one just a week or so before the movie came out so EVERYTHING that happened was all very fresh in my head....but looking back on it....and thinking about everything that actually happened in the movie i would have to say that i'm very pleased with the way this one came out.

9. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    Yes but you are all forgetting that I watched the superman returns trailer... I mean... come on....

10. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    It was good. Very good. I didn't walk away confused like I did from PoA.
    Could have used more Quidditch tho. :mad:

11. darth_of_nm

darth_of_nm Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 17, 2005
    I didn't like the way Dumbledore was portrayed in this one.

Nor the Voldemort sequence of him running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I had pictured him with a bit more self control, kind of like the Emperor in Star Wars really.

I think they did the best job yet translating the story to the screen yet for the series, however they needed to setup the coming break between Dumbledore and the ministry for the next one better. 10 minutes of screen time would have done it.

12. papa

papa Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2004
    Haven't seen the film yet although I attended the premiere. Hope it's better than the previous efforts.
    http://www.premierepictures.com

13. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I really enjoyed it. I'm glad I didn't re-read it before though.

And Darkstarr, I'm not too sure about that Superman. I mean yeah, it IS Superman, but it looked kinda lame. I hope it's not.

14. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    you shut your face Moka, I was couting on you to back me up.

15. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I'm just saying, it looks like id could be lame. It really could go either way and I really really really hope that it's not as lame as it looks like it could be.

16. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    Ok, I see your point. I guess I may have spoken too harshly just then. I apologize. But I think it looks cool. I mean... its superman. Granted he looks a little "wierd" in the superman costume, but I can look past that if its a cool story.

17. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Plus, what's with the redesigned "S" logo? You can't just go and do an overhaul on a cultural icon. And his boots were kinda wierd. They looked like leather leg warmers.

18. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    I don't mind the new S, Its sleek, its sexy... the boots did look wierd, but I like the new cape with its thick leather like substance, though I am sad there is no S on the back of it... Oh yeah.. um, Harry Potter rules.

19. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Rules indeed.

20. Andy_Fett

Andy_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2005
    I've always hated Harry Potter..

21. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Thank you, Andy....me too....

22. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    i just read HBP this past week. Good book. I'm suprised at how much in enjoy the books. I was in the same boat as the two ahead of me. But i broke down and read the books. They are really good.

dkt

23. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    well i'm currently reading half blood prince again. i love these books...the movies aren't half bad either. i want to see the 4th movie in theatres again...because my hopes were really high cause i had just finished reading the book the same week it was released so everything that happened in the book was still really fresh in my mind as opposed to being like oh YEAH i remember that in the book and stuff so my original impression of the movie was one of disappointment but in reflection afterwards it was quite a good movie and very entertaining.

24. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I was also in the same boat as many of these until last Summer when I too finally broke down and read the books. I read the first three in about a month or so, and then GOF and OOP in less than a week combined. Great Books. Try them out, it's like readable crack.

25. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    hehehe readable crack....i love crack...especially readable crack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.