main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Harry Knowles talks Clone Wars Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newwillorder, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newwillorder

newwillorder Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    Here's Harry Knowles talking about the Clone Wars series and it's further proof that he is full of grade A poodoo:

"There?s more development in Yoda, Obi Wan, Anakin, Count Dooku and Mace Windu in these than in the entirety of the prequels thus far."

I've heard a lot of talk lately about how much better the cartoon is than the prequels and how the cartoon represents what we should have been seeing in the movies. Although I like the cartoon, I don't agree with that opinion. But hey that's their opinion. But how can anyone possibly justify a statement like the one above?

2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Dude, I don't know. The Clone War Cartoon Series won an Emmy award, brought the ratings up at the cartoon network, and was very well received by the fans that saw them. Yes, a lot of people have made that comparison, and sometimes even including myself. No matter what though, the movies still rock and are No.# 1 in my book. The animation is all in the EU realm. Less filling, Takes great. Thats the way I look at it.

3. Jedi_Majik

Jedi_Majik Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2003
    The Clone Wars is telling a story that is exciting and the story most interesting to Star Wars fans with the exception of how Anakin turns. I think the Clone Wars have been an excellent addition for someone like me who doesn't read EU materials. But the 1st two movies set up the Clone Wars.

I'm not going to argue the point b/c it is a no win situation, but the flashback scene with Qui-Gon and Anakin in the cartoon is cool because of TPM. The lines in Clone Wars like "May the force be with you....Commander" mean more because of AOTC. That's my last time defending the PT, on the real.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>But the 1st two movies set up the Clone Wars. <<

TPM really doesn't set the Clone Wars up at all- AOTC did that (and reintroduced everything vital that TPM introduced).

5. GORILLA

GORILLA Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm with Harry on this. For me the Star Wars saga begins with the Clone Wars cartoons, TPM and AOTC don't exist. It may be only 5 minutes of animation but the story is a hell of a lot better than I've seen in the first two prequels.

I'm not here to bash, just telling you how I feel as a 1st generation fan.

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    What story?[face_laugh]

We'll see about Season 3, but the first 2 seasons were obviously action (top) heavy.

Don't get me wrongo, I love the Clone Wars chapters, but saying they have more character development than the films do is a little much.

Show me some character development anywhere in the first 20 chapters, other than maybe the Anakin/Asajj arc.

7. Qu_Klaani

Qu_Klaani Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Harrd Knowles a hypocritical idiot?

Wow, I never would have guessed...

8. newwillorder

newwillorder Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    I agree Garth Maul. The beef that I have isn't that people like the Clone Wars more than Episodes I and II, cause I know some people actually do. My beef is the claim that Clone Wars gives more character development than the previous two prequels combined.

9. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    "There?s more development in Yoda, Obi Wan, Anakin, Count Dooku and Mace Windu in these than in the entirety of the prequels thus far."

Awww, poor wittle Harry is all sad because he didn't get a leaked copy of ROTS to review like he did for AOTC when he gushed that "STAR WARS IS BACK."

Anyone who thinks this fool has any credibility left is a fool themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.