main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Harry Potter #5 -- June 21st!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediAutobot, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    The next Harry Potter, The Order of Phoenix is coming out on June 21st. Is anyone else as hyped as I am on finally having a known date? While it's still six months off, at least knowing when I'm going to be able to buy it is awesome!

Woohoo!

2. synasp

synasp Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    For those of you who can't wait, here's how the story opens:

"The hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a close and a drowsy silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive... The only person left outside was a teenage boy who was lying flat on his back in a flowerbed outside number four."

Later in the novel, J K Rowling writes:

"Dumbledore lowered his hands and surveyed Harry through his half-moon glasses.

'It is time,' he said, 'for me to tell you what I should have told you five years ago, Harry.

Please sit down. I am going to tell you everything.'

:D

3. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    I have enjoyed the series so far, and look forward to reading this latest one, but I swear if it's another if it's another Voldemort-is-going-to-kill-Harry-and-no-one-believes-him-until-he-Ron-and-Hermoine-do-something-incredibly-brave-to-save-life-as-we-know-it, it's the last one I am going to read.

For the record, Prisoner of Azkaban, mainly 'cause it didn't have a dern thing to do with Voldemort, was my favorite, although I did enjoy the Tri-Wizard Cup event.

4. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I am so very excited! Hopefully it will be as good at the Goblet of Fire. This is one big year of reading for me, too. I just bought the LOTR trilogy and am hoping I'll get it done before June.

5. synasp

synasp Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    Now, should I stay up all night and finish the Order of the Phoenix in one sitting, or stretch it out over a long period and savor the book?......

6. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Judging from where Goblet of Fire left off, HazMatt, the new book will undoubtedly involve Voldemort, but without the Harry/Ron/Hermione scenario you envisioned, as Ol' Tommy is back in full force....

I finished GoF in two sittings - the first few chapters on my lunchbreak, and the rest after I got home that evening. Heh. I couldn't put the thing down.

Surprisingly, only one person asked about when the book was coming out at work today. I guess the press releases reached everyone.

7. JediLeo

JediLeo Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    can't wait.

8. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    sounds like a good time.

9. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Well, now that we have a date, I'll figure out when I need to start re-reading them so I'm up to speed when it comes out.
    ~H~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.