main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Harry Potter] A Godfather's Promise - post DH (Vig)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Miana Kenobi, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yay first thing to be posted in the new forum!

------------------

A loud crack resonated through the otherwise still night. Out of thin air a lone figure emerged in the garden. It looked around to ensure it was in the right place then turned to face a comfortable looking house that sat several hundred meters away. The figure did not move; instead, it gave the heave of a great sigh. Its shoulders slouched as it exhaled, its head bowing slightly. After a moment, it squared its shoulders and raised its head as it began heading toward the house.

Harry Potter approached the house at a slow walk. It was very late; he was worried that the occupant of the house might not be awake. However, light was still pouring out of several windows. She wasn?t asleep yet.

Weariness and fatigue were beating down on Harry. His mind (as well as Hermione and Mrs. Weasley) had told him he needed to rest. Only hours before, he had stood before Lord Voldemort and killed him once and for all. The impact of this had not yet set in on Harry. His mind told him it had happened, yet part of him still could not believe it. We did it, part of him mind kept telling him. It actually happened. After spending the past seven years fighting the dark lord, it still seemed unreal. However, they indeed had won and the world finally was free from Voldemort at last.

But not without heavy losses.

Harry felt his feet turn to lead as he approached the steps. Many had died tonight, yet he was trying to keep that off of his mind. He was the hero of the Wizarding world now; it seemed that everyone was turning to him and he needed to keep a calm composure. He could mourn in private with his friends.

He approached the door, his heart beating wildly in his chest. His mouth had run dry and he tried to swallow down his fears. Raising his fist, he gave several loud knocks on the door. He heard moment inside; she was still awake then. Footsteps came toward the door. ?Who is it??

?Harry James Potter, son of James and Lily Potter who were friends of Remus Lupin, who married Nymphadora Tonks and fathered Teddy Tonks.? Whilst Harry knew that the time for hiding was over, the rest of the Wizarding world had not yet been notified. He still had to prove who he was to people.

The door opened and the face of Andromeda Tonks appeared. ?Harry! Come in, quickly.? She ushered him in while looking nervously back and forth at the garden. ?Coming without any protection and not hidden?? Her voice began to rise like Mrs. Weasley?s did. ?What were you thinking?!?

?It?s over, Mrs. Tonks. Voldemort?s dead.?

Andromeda blinked, her mouth gaped open. She let out a small gasp of disbelief. ?Dead? How??

?We fought. I killed him. He?s gone for good this time.?

Andromeda blinked once more, then let out a small laugh of relief as her eyes began to water. ?Oh Harry!? She pulled him tightly into a hug then held him back at arm?s length. ?That?s wonderful! You?? Tears sprang from her eyes and she pulled him close once more. ?You have saved us all, my boy. You did it.?

?I have your sister to thank for that,? Harry replied, feeling Andromeda push him back instantly.

She gave him a skeptic eye. ?What??

?Narcissa Malfoy. She? she saved my life. Had it not been for her, I would have been killed.?

Andromeda looked off to the wall in thought. ?Cissy? Cissy helped??

?She, her husband, and Draco are all fine. I?m sorry to say that Bellatrix is dead.?

Andromeda?s lips tightened and turned into an odd smile. ?Naturally. Ever the loyal servant to the Dark Lord. She had it coming, mind you, after the threats she sent Nymphadora when she and Remus married?? Andromeda?s eyes met Harry?s once more. ?Dora! Does she know??

Harry felt an invisible vice grip at his heart. He wished he did not feel as if he had to be the one to tell Andromeda Tonks that her daughter and son-in-law were dead, especially so soon after her own husband?s death.

Andromeda saw him falter

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Great explanation of what happened next.

3. DarthBerryStraw

DarthBerryStraw Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2007
    ?Your parents are dead,? he murmured at his godson. ?Your gran will be raising you now.? His throat constricted slightly. ?But you?ll be all right, Ted. You still got me, and I promise nothing will happen to you. Ever.?

This was such a sweet and tender moment during a terribly sad time. [face_love]

4. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    This was so great! *sniffles* Sad when Andromeda found out about her daughter and Remus.
    I'm sure Harry will be a great godfather.

=D=

5. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Aww that was so sweet and sad, I love Harry's promise especially knowing that it would come true. Wonderful vig! =D= =D=

6. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Nice, I like the interaction as Harry tries to tell Andromeda her daughter and son-in-law are dead.

Also Harry's words to Teddy, very close to how I think he would be.

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    :_| Such a sad story.

8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Very well written, especially the part about Harry and the baby. (I got tears in my eyes again [face_blush])

=D=

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    That was so sweet. Lovely interaction between Harry and Andromeda. Loved the part where Harry was holding his godson. :)

=D=

10. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I thought I had left a comment on this before I went to bed last night. I really think I'm starting to lose my mind. LOL

I really loved this. I love that Harry will get to be the godfather that Sirius never got to be, and that Teddy will not lack for love like Harry did for so long. Excellent vig!

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    ?I promise you, Ted. I won?t leave you. I?ll always be there for you. I want to be the godfather to you that my godfather couldn?t be for me. See, he was only there for me for a few years. I?ll be here forever.?

:_| :_| :_| My eyes are welling up :(

That was so beautiful!! I feel so bad for Andromeda and Teddy, and Harry. Harry talking to Teddy was incredibly sweet.

12. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks for reading, everyone! [:D]

13. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    How extremely touching! This was very true to character and an awesome look at one of the events immediately after Voldy?s defeat. Excellent job.

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

14. Helen_Taft

Helen_Taft Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2008
    What a touching and poignent vignette. I really liked how you portrayed Harrys empathy with baby Ted--but also feeling a little saddened over losing Sirious so soon.

Harry exhaled deeply. ?I promise you, Ted. I won?t leave you. I?ll always be there for you. I want to be the godfather to you that my godfather couldn?t be for me. See, he was only there for me for a few years. I?ll be here forever.? Ted had already fallen asleep next to Harry?s chest. His godfather smiled proudly then gently reached down and placed a kiss on his head.

?I promise.?

Aww! Sniff I loved that bit.=D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.