main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Harry Potter] A Rose by any Other Name Would Smell as Sweet (Draco/Hermione Romance)AU UPDATE 10-18

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Jedi_Saber101, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Jedi_Saber101

Jedi_Saber101 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    Title: A Rose by any Other Name Would Smell as Sweet
    Time: Post Battle of Hogwarts
    Characters: Draco, Hermione, Harry, Ron, etc.
    Summary: Draco Malfoy finds himself in a tough situation. He's falling in love with the Mudblood Granger. What will happen?
    Disclaimer: Everything belongs to the Queen J.K Rowling. I'm just borrowing the characters for your entertainment!

[b]PROLOGUE[/b]

He never thought this would happen to him. His life was horrible. He'd disgraced his family name so many times. He was now on the verge of being a drunkard. Maybe a few more days and that [i]would[/i] happen.

Now, he sat in his temporary home - a small house in muggle London - with a bottle of frirewhisky in his hand, drinking away the horrid memories of the deaths of some of his closest; Vincent Crabbe, being one of them, and also his parents. He was about to take another swig of the firewhisky when he realized it was gone. Draco groaned and stood up, setting the bottle onto the nearest table and grabbing his coat.

He grabbed his wand from the table - just in case - and walked out into the sun. He had fled here, when he learned of his parents' deaths. And to think that the Granger girl would follow him! Only a few days ago he saw Granger in a book store not so far away, reading. He soon found out that she had moved there too, [i]along[/i] with Weasel-Bee and Potter.

This was getting out of hand. But what if they didn't know he was there? What if they also fled, and this was the only place that was available to them? It clouded his mind, and he didn't realize that he hadn't even moved from where he was standing five minutes ago. On the sidewalk in front of his house. He began to mutter silently to himself as he walked on through the small neighborhood.

He sat down on a bench and was drowned in his thoughts once more. He had heard that Hogwarts was being rebuilt, after all, the school was in ruins when the war had ended. Minerva McGonagall was the new headmaster for the school. He even heard Aberforth Dumbledore was also volunteering to work at Hogwarts.

He finally decided he had been sitting there too long. He stood up and started walking. He was turning to look at a sign on the street across the way when someone bumped into him. He was about to spit out a nasty remark when he realized who it was.

"Granger!"

"M-Malfoy?"

[hr]

PM List?

On? Off? Let me know!

[face_rose]

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very interesting start! I've never read a Hermione/Draco story; this should be good! Can't wait for more!!

3. Jedi_Saber101

Jun 2, 2011
    Thanks, NYCitygurl! [:D]

[u][b]Chapter One;[/b][/u]

The two stood there, frozen in place, staring at each other. The silence was broken when Draco grabbed Hermione's hand and dragged her into an alley. "What are you doing here?" he said, half-yelling.

"What do you [i]think[/i] I'm doing here?! I live here! Get your hands off me!" Granger shouted. Draco gazed long and hard into her eyes before finally letting her go. She glared at him before she turned to leave.

"Don't let me see you following me again!" Malfoy shouted.

"I wasn't following you!" She turned back, anger evident on her face. She shook her head and made her way out of the alley, leaving Draco standing there.

-

A week had passed since his [i]pleasant[/i] encounter with Granger. Now here he was again, sitting in the old arm chair, firewhisky in his hand. He knew he had to stop. Getting drunk wasn't going to solve it. He set the firewhisky on the floor and stood up. He was heading to his bedroom for a nice long nap when someone knocked on the door.

He groaned with displeasure. Who would be up at this hour? He tried ignoring the door, but that didn't quite work.

"Alright, alright! I'm coming! Now what do you wa- You little Mudblood. I told yo- What are you doing?"

The Granger Girl walked in without invitation with a small bag in her hand. "Don't ask me to leave. I want to talk with you for a bit."

"You want to [i]talk[/i] with me? You know, I think that's going to take a while. The door is this way." Draco said, gesturing toward the exit.

Granger held her chin up and took a deep breath through her nostrils. "I'd rather you sit down, Ferret."

He hated that name. Ever since their fourth year at Hogwarts, the trio (And quite a bit of other students) had insisted on calling him 'Ferret'. He sat down, those brown eyes piercing him.

"Now, the first thing I want to tell you is; I'm not stalking you, and I'm not following you either. That would make sense, either! Why would I stalk someone who calls me a... A Mudblood?" She had a point there. Then he took it into deep thought.

"So you could try to kill me." he said, sighing.

Granger looked taken aback by the statement. The nerve of this man!

"Draco Malfoy. You know that I wouldn't try to kill you! Besides, Voldemort's dead, and that mark on your arm is quite transparent, isn't it?"

Draco instinctively grabbed his arm, a hurt look on his face. "I hate this scar. I hated [i]him[/i]. There's not a day that I don't know it's there, thank you very much. No matter how hard I try, it won't disappear."

Hermione held a look of sympathy on her face. "I think I understand." she said, shifting her left arm.

"It's... Still there?" Draco asked. She nodded.

Years ago, Draco's aunt, Bellatrix Lestrange, carved the word [i]'Mudblood'[/i] into her arm, trying to extract information about something presumably stolen from her vault at Gringott's bank.

The hours went by, the two talking away the night, but it finally came down to the time Hermione had to leave. Only now, Draco realized he had been spending the entire evening, laughing and making small-talk with [i]her[/i], a [i]Mudblood[/i].

Draco suddenly stood up. "You need to leave." He said sternly.

Hermione gaped at him, lips slightly parted. She shook her head, stood up, and walked up to Draco. "You need to understand something. Mudblood's, like myself, don't really have anything different from Pure-bloods. Alright?"

Draco stood his ground, gesturing toward the door. "If you would."

Hermione hung her head. "Alright then. If you want it like that." She left without another word.
    [hr]

PM's? On? Off? Let me know!

[face_rose]

4. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, that was cute!! I'd love to know what they were talking about :D

And feel free to call me Nat! :)

5. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I'm intrigued by this idea. Like Nat I've not seen anyone ship Draco and Hermione (besides Emma herself since she had a crush on Felton). I hope you haven't given up on the story, I'd love to read more.

6. Jedi_Saber101

Jun 2, 2011
    NYCitygurl: Thank you! :)

s65horsey: Yeah, I've been in fanfiction.net quite a lot. I've read through a lot of Dramione fics. :D And thank you!

"Hermione, you've been acting awfully strange the past few days. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, Ron. Where's Harry?"

"Oh, right. Forgot to tell you. He's visiting Ginny."

"Alright." Hermione smiled and kept reading the Daily Prophet paper which she had in her hand.

"Really, 'Mione. Something's bothering you. Tell me." Ron said, sitting down and grasping her free hand. She set the Daily Prophet down and sighed.

"I ran into Draco Malfoy a few days ago."

Ron cursed. "What'd he do to you? I'll kill 'im, that ba-"

"Ron! He didn't do anything to me! Besides accusing me of following him."

"Oh. Well then why is that bothering you?"

"Ron, he's changed. I don't mean [i]just[/i] changed. I mean that he's changed his whole personality, his way of living. I'm worried about him."

"Why would you worry about [i]him[/i]? Once a death-eater, always a death-eater!"

"Ronald! Voldemort threatened to kill him and his parents! Don't you think that would've made him hate Voldemort?"

He mumbled something to himself. "I think you should just forget about him."

Hermione glared at him.

Ron rolled his eyes. "Fine, be that way. Don't go looking for me when he decides to ruin your life, like he already did for seven years."

Hermione stood up, grabbed her coat and headed toward the door. "See you later."

~*~

Draco was once again, sitting in his chair, with a bottle of firewhisky in his hand. Except this time, he hadn't opened it. Ever since Granger had decided to pay him a visit, he hadn't drunken any firewhisky. She could be very convincing sometimes. [i]Too[/i] convincing for her own good.

But sometimes he couldn't help himself to imagining how beautiful she was. Even more beautiful than Pansy Parkinson was. Not that he [i]ever[/i] thought Pansy was pretty. But everytime he let himself think like that, he'd mentally slapped himself back to reality. He only called her a Mudblood to keep her away from him, but that didn't seem to be working.

He sighed, stood up from his chair, set down the firewhisky, and walked out the door. He didn't know that his life would be changed the moment he stepped foot on the side walk.

[hr]

PM's? Anyone?

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That was quite sweet! Draco's got a cru-ush!! :D

No PMs for me; I'm in here enough that I'll catch it ;)