main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Harry Potter] A Series of Andromeda Black-Tonks vigs

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Miana Kenobi, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    These are just a place for me to post the vigs I'm writing for Fan Fic 50. I focused on Andromeda Black and her relationship with Ted Tonks (and the rest of her family). They're completely out of order, cover a huge time period, and really random; a bunch of vigs. I intended to eventually string them all together into a story when I finished, but that might take a good long while. ;)

I'll post the prompt with each completion.

---------------------

#7 - Betray

Andromeda held her head high as she walked down the staircase, keeping one gloved-hand poised lightly on the rail and the other holding up her hem. Below in the parlor, she could hear the sound of her family chatting merrily. Her aunt Walburga?s shrill voice echoed through the corridors and stairway, causing a pause in Andromeda?s step. Her lower lip threatened to wobble, yet she set her jaw and held it in place.

They would understand in time.

Hopefully.

Sucking in a small breath, Andromeda continued down from the third floor. Her aunt?s dreary house, Grimmauld Place, had been transformed for the holidays. It seemed brighter than usual and did not have the dark gloom is usually possessed. Her aunt and uncle?s spirits were higher than ever, which seemed to have even affected moody Bellatrix.

Bellatrix?

Andromeda inwardly cringed at the thought of what her sister would say ? what she would do. She knew the answer to her own question, and it was not happy.

She would not be able to ever come back.

She paused to look around the staircase. It would undoubtedly be the last time she ever looked upon it as a welcome guest. The house, dreary though it was, held many memories for Andromeda. A small smile crossed her lips as she recalled the many adventures she and Narcissa had experienced in the house, and moreso how much trouble they had gotten into when Aunt Walburga had found out.

Her smile faltered as she eyed the stairs ahead of her. She set her shoulders and continued walking. She had to be strong and alert; there was no room for softness or weakness in what she was about to do.

?Well you don?t look nervous at all.?

Andromeda jumped with a small gasp, pulling her wand out of her sleeve and wheeling on the voice in one deft move.

Sirius Black stood leaning against the doorframe of his bedroom, arms crossed over his chest and an eyebrow raised questioningly. He eyed the wand trained on him then the owner with a small smirk. ?You?re the one who used to make me believe this place was haunted. Look who?s jumping at shadows now.?

Andromeda left out a breath of relief then slid her wand back into her sleeve. ?Bellatrix told you that, actually. Sorry; you scared me.?

Sirius shrugged, shaking his head lightly so that his dark locks handsomely swayed over his young face. ?It?s all right. I?m just delaying the inevitable bore that is downstairs.?

Andromeda mustered a small smile. ?Come now, it?s Christmas. It?s supposed to be a joyous holiday.?

?Since when is our Christmas ever joyous?? Sirius shot back with a smile, causing Andromeda to laugh lightly before her smile slowly died. Sirius? smile lessened as well, his grey eyes narrowing as he assessed his cousin. ?Are you all right??

Andromeda blinked and flashed a fake smile again. ?I?m fine, really. I?m just a bit? distracted.?

Sirius snorted. ?I?ll say. I?ve been standing here for the last five minutes and you didn?t even notice, being so preoccupied with having a staring contest with the parlor.? He turned his head to try to see her gaze better. ?Are you sure everything?s all right??

Andromeda let out a sigh, letting her worry and fatigue cover her face as she turned to her younger cousin. Though he was only eleven years of age, Sirius had become her only real confident in their family. Their bond was strong as siblings; she supposed it was due to the two of them being the only Blacks in centuries who had not been sorted into Slytherin. It had marked them both by their family, a fact that Andromeda to this day still resented.

2. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Whoa! That was intense!

I loved it! And what's really impressive is that you sorted out all of those relatives and their ages- it's really confusing.

I like Uncle Alphard- he's a cool guy. I also like how you characterized Narcissa and Bellatrix; they are pretty much how I imagined them from the book.

If you are going to be doing more of these, I would love to be on your PM list!

Keep up the great work!

3. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    You have no idea. :oops:

Thanks though! Will do with the PMs. :D

4. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    That was absolutely brilliant, Miana. I really love the various personalities you've applied to the Black family with the people we only hear about and never see in the books. Sirius and Bellatrix were spot on. Loved Andromeda -- she's one brave girl.

?Shame? For choosing whom I want to love? That is no bigger shame than living with a family that would incestually arrange my marriage to a cousin!?

THANK YOU for saying that! Finally, a pureblood with some sense. Let's not act like European Royal Families, please.

Though the Blacks kind of do think they're royalty... [face_thinking]

Okay, no tangents here. :p =D= for this vig, I can't wait to read the rest. :D Oh, and congrats with sorting out the family tree. I've spent the last couple months working on-and-off o sorting everyone out and drawing up a family tree just so I can write a novel about Sirius' seventh year. :p I know your pain. [:D]

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    The strength of that line and the reactions from the family mostly come from the fact that Sirius' parents, Walburga and Orion, are first cousins. [face_sick]

And oh man, figuring out the timeline... I wrote a few Andromeda vigs about her 7th year and Sirius being in his first year, but then I did the math and figured out that it's seriously impossible unless she is the same age or younger than Narcissa, which isn't possible either. It like crushed all my hopes and dreams. :_| Sirius was supposed to be older in this vig as well, but then I had to cut back the age to make it correct. :(

But yeah, thanks!

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    #3 - Pain

Hogwarts, 1969

?Ow ow OW!!? Andromeda hissed in pain as she hurried up the staircase out of the dungeon. She held her right hand close to her body, her left grabbing her wrist tightly, as if trying to squeeze out the pain that was erupting from her skin. She glared at the figure keeping up beside her. It was his fault she was in so much pain.

Ted Tonks was quiet as he kept up with Andromeda?s quick pace. She hoped it was his guilt that was causing him to go with her to the hospital wing. He pushed a few unsuspecting first years out of the way; Andromeda withholding a snerk. Ted was not a violent person. Even when he pushed the younger students, he somehow managed to do it in a polite form.

Another sharp sting of pain. Andromeda closed her eyes tightly at the pain, tears threatening to spring up. ?Ow!! It burns!?

?Acid does that,? Ted remarked drying, pushing open a door leading into the next hallway.

Andromeda glared at him once more. ?If you had been more careful, you wouldn?t have spilt it all over my hands!?

?If you had been reading the instructions, you would have known that the acid didn?t go in until later.? He shot her a look as she scampered up the staircase to the Hospital wing ahead of him. Ted was right on her heels, continuing to scold. ?If a single drop of that acid had hit the potion at this stage? Well, let?s just say you?re lucky that you only burnt your hand.?

Andromeda wheeled on him, her dark eyes narrowing in rage. ?I?m LUCKY to have acid burning through my skin?!?

Ted rolled his eyes and grabbed her elbow to pull her up the rest of the staircase. ?Yes,? he growled back, equaling her glare. ?You?re lucky that you?re not dead.?

Andromeda held her tongue and let herself be hurried along by Ted. Her lips remained in an angry frown; part of her mind knew he was right. She had been distracted by gossiping with Madelena; she hadn?t been paying attention to her potion. The next thing she knew, Ted was lunging across the table and knocking the flask of acid that she held over her cauldron out of her hand, causing it to splash down onto her skin. Slughorn had instructed Ted to accompany her up to the hospital wing so he could clean up the acid.

Her frown deepened; it had been Slughorn who had, back in third year, instructed Ted to become Andromeda?s tutor for Potions. The Muggle born had been hailed by the Professor as a prodigy student; potions somehow came easy to Ted. Andromeda, unfortunately, had never gotten the hang of the subject. Slughorn insisted that Ted help his fellow Ravenclaw student, an act that Andromeda still could not forgive him for. Having to have a tutor was embarrassing enough; being taught by a Mudblood was downright humiliating.

And yet, Andromeda had to admit that she would not have passed third year potions without Ted?s help.

The hospital wing doors came into sight. Andromeda silently rejoiced; the pain was becoming unbearable. Ted?s grip on her elbow lessened as he pushed the heavy wooden doors open for her and led her inside.

The hospital wing was in pandemonium. Madam Harris was hobbling along as quickly as her old legs could carry her, a stack of bandages in her hand. Hogwarts school nurse for the past fifty years, Madam Harris reminded Andromeda of an old Orangatan; frizzy grey hair that once was orange, hunched shoulders, and drooping skin. The years had caught up to the older woman, yet she was still as crabby and snappy as she was when Andromeda?s mother had attended the school. Andromeda?s only consolation was that Madam Harris had announced that she was retiring at the end of the year; a young witch from St. Mungos had been spending the year working under the nurse to prepare herself for taking over the next year. Andromeda prayed the new nurse was not as strict.

From the infirmary room, a chorus of moaning and yelling sounded. Madam Harris paused as she saw the newcomers. ?What is it??

?Accident in potions,? Ted spoke up. ?Acid spilt onto her hands.?

?You?ll have ta wait

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    These are both so beautiful!!! I particularly liked this line in the first:

?Accompany me to my death??

Very chilling.

And the second was sooooo sweet [face_love] I hope you post all 50 here!!

8. snowspeeder_gunner

Apr 10, 2007
    Aw! That was so sweet! I love how Ted is a know-it-all, and the oranges part was funny. Also, I loved the old Orangutan lady- she seems like quite a character.

Keep up the great work!

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks you two. :)

I have one of my earlier finished ones, but as it's a Christmas one, I'll wait a week to post it.

So in the meantime, here's the latest one that I did:

#42 ? Fall

Fall ? 1965

?Andromeda, hold still.?

Andromeda Black hopped back and forth from foot to foot with a wide grin on her face. They would be heading to London in a few short minutes; her heart began to race with anticipation. She loved the Fall more than any other season, but this year it was different.

This year, she got to go to Hogwarts.

Her older sister had come home for Christmas during her first year talking non-stop about the school and what adventures she and her new friends had gotten into. Andromeda could not wait. She was very crushed to learn that she would have to wait three years before she could join her sister, as her birthday was not early enough to make her eleven before the school term started. Andromeda had cried, but Narcissa had been happy that the two of them would have an extra year at school together.

The three years had gone by quickly and Andromeda, proud that she had already been eleven for so much longer than most of the other children, could not wait.

Her mother finished setting two small clips in her hair, holding back Andromeda?s long brown hair so that it fashionably showed off her face. Andromeda had heard her mother mumble something about ?looking better than those filthy mudblood,? but she could have cared less. She was going to be at Hogwarts by the end of the day.

Bellatrix looked almost bored as she sat on the edge of her bed, eyeing her nails critically. Narcissa was sitting up against the headboard, her arms around her legs and a sniffle escaping her lips.

?Oh for heaven?s sake,? Bellatrix snapped at her youngest sister. ?Don?t start crying again.?

?Mind your tone, Bellatrix,? Druella Black reprimanded. She finished Andromeda?s hair, patting her shoulder lightly. ?There; all done.?

Andromeda began bouncing around the room with glee. ?Will you write to me, mommy??

?If I can find time and if your father isn?t bothering me,? she said with a half-humorous scowl.

?Will I be in Slytherin just like you and daddy were??

Druella eyed her daughter sharply, a small smile crossing her face. ?You better.?

Bellatrix blew out a scoff and hopped off the bed. ?Yeah right. We all know that losers end up in Hufflepuff.?

Druella rolled her eyes. ?Bellatrix, at least try and be nice to your sister, won?t you??

Bellatrix shrugged and glided out of the room. ?I?m just saying,? she said innocently as she passed, noting with wicked satisfaction that Andromeda had stopped her bouncing.

A large car soon pulled up to take them to London, the House Elves shuffling off to get the luggage into the trunk. Druella fastened a coat onto Narcissa then gathered her two other daughters and herded them off into the car. Cygnus Black emerged from his study to kiss his daughters goodbye, then the car quickly sped off.

Andromeda sat in silence for most of the ride. What if she wasn?t sorted into Slytherin? In the history of her family, there had been only two Black who were not in Slytherin. Ironically enough, those two had been burned off of Aunt Walburga?s family tapestry. While she thought it ridiculous to sever bounds with relatives because of which house they were sorted into at Hogwarts, at the back of her mind she prayed dearly that she would not follow suit.

They arrived to London sooner than she had hoped. Her mother remained tight-lipped as they weaved through a large crowd of muggles, the driver pushing the trolley with the two trunks behind them. They passed through the barrier and emerged before the scarlet engine. Andromeda?s bubble of joy slowly began to reemerge. She was going to Hogwarts; everything would be all right.

The train was crowded and noisy. She sat with Bellatrix and her friends, who ignored her for most of the voyage. All they did was gossip and talk about other girls and what mean

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, poor Andromeda!!

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Merry Christmas, guys!

Christmas 1972

The snow outside continued to fall in an endless stream of white. It had covered the entire yard, the trees and hedge, and had begun its work in freezing the pond in the back. The only thing that remained untouched was the car parked in the driveway. It seemed as if every snowflake simply bounced off, leaving the metal pristine and dry.

Andromeda Tonks smiled as she looked at the window to the car. Her repellant charm was still a mystery to their Muggle neighbors, who never ceased to be amazed that Ted never had to scrape ice off of his windshield.

Snowflakes danced across the window playfully, swaying in the winter breeze. A slight chill ran down Andromeda?s arms, shivering slightly then retreating from the window toward the fireplace.

The house was dark minus the flame in the fireplace. Stacks of boxes sat against the wall, several halfway opened and others still sealed and marked. The walls were still bare, a score of portraits lining the floor waiting to be hung. Next to the window, a small Christmas tree sat atop a set of boxes. The tree only had a small collection of tinsel and a few small knick-knacks put in to give it meaning.

Andromeda eased her way down onto a cushion set before the fireplace, keeping on hand on her slightly inflated stomach. She finally achieved sitting, letting out a sigh and rubbing her stomach.

The last six months had been taxing on both her and Ted. After their marriage in March, she and Ted had been living off of means ends; their dingy flat in London was nothing more than a room with a mattress on the floor. A fireplace had been magically created to allow easier access to Andromeda?s job. Ted had left his job at the potion shop in Diagon Alley to try and find a better earning career at one of the more prestigious wizarding research centers, leaving Andromeda as the sole bread winner of the family. Ted?s parents had helped with what they could, but things just seemed to be getting worse.

And then Andromeda had become pregnant.

The two had despaired that they could not afford to care for a child; they could barely support themselves as it was. Ted?s job search was going horribly and Andromeda was falling behind on the housework. Even with magic, it became more and more taxing to try and do everything at once.

Andromeda had become desperate. She had not spoken to her family since she left them the previous Christmas; testing the waters, she sent a letter to her sisters and father telling them the news of her child. She had received a return letter from Bellatrix with a small vial of poison with a note attached asking her to ?do us all a favor.?

However, things began to turn up. Sirius had gotten wind of the pregnancy and one day in late October had popped out of her fireplace. Andromeda had been furious and amazed to learn that he had gone to Professor Slughorn and asked if he could use the Professor?s fireplace to use the Floo network to come speak to his cousin. As Ted was still one of Slughorns more favorite students, the potions master had agreed.

Andromeda had enjoyed the evening with her younger cousin; she told him of their troubles and began crying as she showed him Bellatrix?s note. He did his best to comfort his cousin, but quickly sent him back to Hogwarts as the hours grew late.

From there, things got better at a miraculous rate. Professor Slughorn, apparently heartily moved upon hearing about two of his former students woes, spoke to one of his old friends at St. Mungo?s division of Potion and Remedy Making and got Ted a job within two weeks. Words could not express how thrilled the couple was at Ted having a secure job that paid quite well.

However, Sirius? persuasion did not seem to stop there. In late-November, on Andromeda?s 19th birthday, Andromeda was shocked to find Uncle Alphard standing at their door, paying a surprise visit. She was overly embarrassed of the state of their living, but her uncle did not seem to mind. He stayed talking with Andromeda

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Awwww! [face_love] That was lovely, Miana. I love how Tonks is called a little nymph before she's even born. :p

I really like the one before this one, too.

These are great vignettes! Can't wait to read more. :D

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Awww, this is so sweet!!

14. snowspeeder_gunner

Apr 10, 2007
    Awwwwww! This was great- I'm glad she's having a better Christmas, and Sirius is so cool!

Keep up the great work!

15. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    aww how sweet. and that was nice of Alphard :D he's so nice, unlike the rest.

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    #11- Death

The end of Andromeda?s fourth year at Hogwarts was proving to be a good one. She was doing exceptionally well in most of her classes ? Potions, of course, being her greatest weakness. Bellatrix would be graduating soon; Andromeda was surprised at how much relief she felt at this event. She loved her older sister dearly, but could not wait to be free of her criticizing eyes.

What was more, Bellatrix had already started making plans to move out. She and Rodolphus Lestrange never seemed to leave each others sides; Andromeda was not overly fond of him or his annoying younger brother, Rabastan. Whether by Bellatrix? orders or his own pleasure, the younger Lestrange seemed to enjoy going out of his way to bully Ted Tonks. Andromeda had tried to talk to Bellatrix about it, but the eldest Black daughter had indifferently mentioned that she didn?t know what Andromeda was talking about.

Without his older brother, Andromeda hoped that Rabastan would lose some of his nerve. That or that the Ravenclaw quidditch team would hospitalize him in the first match of the year.

Ted was something different. Hard as she tried not to, she had become a little fond of her Potions tutor. She at least didn?t try to make his life miserable anymore. Still, he was rather sweet when he wanted to be, even if he was obnoxiously smart at times.

The Great Hall was loud with chatter and the clanging of dishes; normal for dinner time. Andromeda sat squished between two of her roommates, gossiping about their plans for the summer. Jana Vladekova was a tall thin girl with short brown curls and fashionable glasses. She and her family had lived in Czechoslovakia until she was eight, but fled to England for the children?s education. Her English was fine, but Andromeda still could not help but love her heavy accent.

Mary Kent was quieter than her roommates, but still became quite animated in conversation. She was very small with strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes, excitement lighting her face as she spoke of her joy that Jana would be visiting her in Dublin.

Andromeda half-listened to her friends chatter on, letting her eyes wander down the table. Ted was sitting with his friend Colin, the two of them discussing Quidditch, it looked like. Their voices were low but their large gestures full of turning and swooping, leaving no doubt as to what their conversation was about.

He caught Andromeda?s eye, looking a bit started that she had been staring then recovering quickly. He tapped his watch meaningfully then returned to his conversation. Andromeda looked down at her own. They had potions tutoring in one hour. It gave her enough time to finish dinner, go back to her room, change into more comfortable clothes, then start her potions homework before Ted joined her in the common room. Plenty of time.

Professor Ross came floating down the aisle, stopping behind Andromeda. The Head of Ravenclaw House, she was an elderly witch with short white hair and a calm smile. Her Astronomy class was one of Andromeda?s favorite, and Andromeda liked her very much. ?Miss Black, can you please come with me? The Headmaster needs to see you. Miss Kent, would you be so kind as to take Andromeda?s bag back to your room with you, please??

Andromeda frowned. As far as she knew, she had not done anything wrong. She exchanged a glance between Jana and Mary then rose from her seat, catching from the corner of her eye that Ted was eyeing her with curiosity as well. She followed Professor Ross toward the exit, a chill going down her spine as she noticed that Professor Slughorn was collecting both Bellatrix and Narcissa over at the Slytherin table.

Something was wrong.

Ross and Andromeda waited outside the doors for Slughorn and the two other Black sisters. Neither spoke as they lead the girls towards the headmasters office. Andromeda and Bellatrix exchanged glances with worry. Narcissa, however, was not able to hold back her questions. ?What?s going on? Are we in trouble??

?None of you are in trouble, Miss Bla

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Poor girls!! It's so horrible having to go through that :(

I love how Andromeda threw herself on Ted to cry, though :)

18. snowspeeder_gunner

Apr 10, 2007
    Oh no! That's so sad! :(

I'm glad Ted was there to comfort her, though, and I think it's cute how he smells like pumpkin juice.

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I realize it's been a while; sorry for the delay on these, but thanks for reading!

Note on this one: I realize Narcissa's really OOC on this one. Sory.

#43 - Redo

Diagon Alley had seen better days. The aftermath of the war against Voldemort had certainly left its mark on the row of shops and businesses. While many shops were still closed, those that had resumed business was still rather tattered; bewitched tools were working nonstop to repair the buildings and streets.

One, thing, however, had changed; the atmosphere. While caution was still present, it was as if a blanket of relief had spread over everyone present. Voldemort was dead; hi s death eaters were imprisoned or still on the run. Harry Potter?s face still shone out from every news article plastered to windows, allowing room for one or two photos of the new Minister of Magic.

Andromeda had always liked Shaklebolt. He was a sensible man who did his job well and was loyal to a tee. His calm nature had helped rebuild the Wizarding World, assuring all that peace and normality were well on the way.

Andromeda watched as a mother and daughter walked quickly down the street, the young girl?s arms loaded with books and robes. A small smile curled up onto Andromeda?s lips. Hogwarts would be resuming soon. The school, like Diagon Alley, was still in the process of being rebuilt. However, Headmistress McGonagall had assured everyone that the school was quite safe and still functional to teach all the new students as if nothing had changed.

Yet everything had changed. Andromeda stirred her tea absentmindedly as she watched the mother and daughter. She clearly remembered bringing Nymphadora shopping for her first year of Hogwarts. Dora, bursting with excitement, had been practically bounding down the streets, dragging her parents from shop to shop with a wild grin.

Dora.

Ted.

Andromeda looked down at her cup, pushing back the sinking feeling that was all too familiar with her now. It had been nearly seven months since she had learned of her husband?s death, yet it still hurt as it had the first day. Dora?s following death made it twice as hard. If it was not for little Teddy, Andromeda was sure that she would have arranged to be with her husband and daughter by now.

Harry helped as well. The boy ? young man, Andromeda corrected herself ? visited his godson often. He would spend hours at her home; learning all the proper ways to warm milk, feed and change Teddy, acting as a surrogate father for her grandson. They spent much time talking; Andromeda would tell him old stories about Sirius as a child, and shenanigans that Dora got up to in school. He never said it, but Andromeda could tell that he was trying to take care of her as well.

Movement in the street caught her attention, Andromeda raising her head to see if her guest had finally arrived. When she had gotten the message by owl the week before, she surely thought it was a joke. After performing every anti-hex spell she knew, she had opened the letter to find a note asking to meet her at one of the Diagon Alley cafes. Part of her mind told her it was a trick. She toyed with the idea of not coming. What good would it serve.

However, on a bright Wednesday morning, Andromeda left Teddy with Harry then went to Diagon Alley anyway.

Her guest and a young man stood in the street, eyeing her. The woman spoke softly to the young man, who shrugged then headed off toward Madam Malkin?s. The other hesitated for a moment before slowly making her way toward Andromeda. She did her best to hide her apprehension and mixed emotions, yet her nervousness was apparent. She sat down opposite Andromeda, setting her latched purse on the table.

?Andromeda,? she greeted.

?Narcissa.?

A silence fell over the sisters for a moment. Narcissa looked as if she had many things she wanted to say yet could not choose where to start. She finally chose, ?I see you got my note.?

?Obviously.?

?I?m ? I?m glad you came.?

Andromeda didn?t know how to respond. Her sister had not spoken to her in close to thirty years. They had been so

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That was sad, but also very sweet with Andromeda's reunion with Narcissa. I'm glad they're going to be sisters again; this'll make it a lot easier on both of them.

21. snowspeeder_gunner

Apr 10, 2007
    Awwwww, so sad! I'm so glad that Narcissa finally got her act together in time to comfort Andromeda.

This was so good- I really liked reading it. Keep up the good work!

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    The timeframe on this one is completely warped, so bear with me. It's supposed to be in her 5th year, but chronologically doesn't work cuz Bellatrix would have graduated by then... blah. So yeah, just enjoy>

#12 - Blood

Andromeda sighed impatiently as she eyed the clock over the mantelpiece. Ted was twenty minutes late. Her tutor, who scolded her for being even a second late, had failed to show up for their nightly study. The Common Room was deserted; all of the other students were off in the Ravenclaw private library. She sat in Ted?s favorite chair with her arms across her chest.

A wistful smile tried to break onto her lips, but Andromeda beat it back with a frown. No, that was another battle she was still trying to fight. Her attractions to Ted would pass once she found someone else. In the mean time, she would just have to keep her legs crossed and picture him as a grotesque pile of bloody mud. That would keep her feelings at bay.

She winced at the thought of imagining Ted to be a literal Mudblood. It amazed her to no end that though she had been raised to use the word freely, she hated it now. It was rude and conceited; it wasn?t Ted?s fault that his parents were Muggles.

Andromeda found her thoughts floating to them. What must it be like to have no knowledge of Magic at all then suddenly learn your child can control it? For her, it was no question. Her parents had raised her a witch and taught her everything she knew about Magic. What was it like to live as a Muggle in total ignorance of the real world?

She had never heard Ted talk about his parents. She imagined them to be nice and understanding; they would have to be, knowing their son was so different. She imagined his mother to be incredibly kind and patient; lord knows Ted had enough patience to fill the Great Hall. He had to get it from somewhere. His father was probably witty and charming; another trait Ted must have gotten from his parents.

The low sound of an opening door brought Andromeda from her thoughts. She pushed the happy smile from her face and adopted her normal sneer. She eyed the door and saw Ted?s back in the shadows, his arms trying to push the door closed quietly.

?You?d better have a good excuse for being so late,? she snipped. ?Though I suspect I should gloat in the fact that you have no reason to yell at me next time I?m late.?

Ted?s shoulders were hunched and he froze at the sound of her voice. He paused after she finished then slowly turned to face her. She let out a loud gasp and leapt to her feet.

Ted?s entire right side of his face was black and swollen. His lip was bleeding in several places and his nose had the dried remains of blood above his lip. His left eye was bruised and the cornea itself was red. He didn?t move; instead, he gave her a weary sigh.

Andromeda ran over to him, placing her hand gingerly on his cheek. He winced loudly, raising a hand as if to push her off, yet made no attempt to.

?Ted, what happened?? she breathed, looking over his face and gently feeling the wounds. He looked exhausted. Andromeda grabbed one of his hands ? she noticed that several of his knuckled were bloody as well ? and led him over to the sofa. She sat down and tugged for him to sit beside her. He let out a painful sigh as he did so.

?Lie down,? Andromeda commanded, twisting his shoulders and guiding his head down into her lap. She pulled her wand out from her sleeve and summoned a few dry rags over from the hearth. She pointed at her tea cup and after murmuring a few spells, it transformed into a large basin with hot water. She pointed her wand up at the staircase. ?Accio potions kit!? A few moments later, her potions kit flew down the stairs and into her hands. She pulled out various leaves and herbs and ground them up in her hand. She dumped them into the hot water then poked it with her wand, waiting as it swirled into a bright blue.

?You?re learning,? Ted chuckled weakly.

?I have a good tutor,? Andromeda said with a smile. She finally retu

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Poor Ted!! Bellatrix is so awful. But Ted is so sweet [face_love] And cute quoting Shakespeare :p

24. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    eeeps that is so sweet!!

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I used my response to the Disney Song-Fic Roulette to fill [#28 - Inside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.