main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga HARRY POTTER AND THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH (HP/SW OT-era crossover) Completed 6/16 Survey up 6/19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TheProphetOfSullust, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheProphetOfSullust

TheProphetOfSullust Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    Finally! Some people are reading my stories!

Glad to see that you liked it. However, if you think there are problems, please let me know. I am not a sycophant.

EmilieDarklighter: Yes, they're seventeen and I have some...interesing [face_devil] ideas for relationships.

Reihla: did someone write a crossover where they do meet the dianoga?

son-of-kenobi: No, he isn't...if he was, he couldn't have ressurected himself in Goblet of Fire, since that spell requires a bone of your father.

A few things: unlike JKR, I am not writing the whole story from Harry's point of view (if I get to ESB, that'll be impossible, since they'll split up). So don't be surprised at the direction the next chapter takes.

Also: in the following chapter, there's a spell of my own creation.

Enjoy!

2. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Chapter 6.

?Well, let?s hope that old man knocked the tractor beam out of commission, or this?ll be a real short trip,? declared Han as he got into his pilot?s chair. ?I need a copilot. Princess, can you handle the controls??

?Do I have a choice?? sarcastically asked Leia as she got up and headed for the cockpit.

?Yes, your Highness,? Han was equally sarcastic. ?You can get recaptured, and experience all the pleasures of Imperial captivity again.?

?When you put it that way?? Hermione heard, and then almost fell when the ship took off and speeded away from the station.

?C'mon,? said Ron, helping her regain her balance. ?Let?s help Chewie.?

The Wookiee was sitting at the medical station in the back of the lounge area. Hermione drew her wand. ?I don't know how something designed for a human will work on a Wookiee, so I'll just use a simple pain relief spell. Narcosio!?

Chewbacca made a happy-sounding growl.

?I wish we could understand him.? said Ron, handing Hermione bandages to dress the Wookiee's wound.

?I can help you there,? the gold-plated robot came up to them. ?I am See Threepio, human-cyborg relations. I am fluent in over six million forms of communica...?

Threepio's speech was interrupted by a very loud growl.

?How am I supposed to translate if I shut up, you hairy...?

Chewbacca made another, angrier growl.

?Oh. Well in that case,? the droid told the Hogwarts students, ?Chewbacca said 'thank you very much' and asked how you made his pain disappear so fast.?

?That could be hard to explain,? commented Ron. Hermione opened her mouth, but at that moment, Han ran into the room.

?Come on, we're not out of this yet,? he said. ?Four imperial TIE fighters are after us!?

Luke, who was quietly talking to Harry about something, leaped up.

?Right,? Han scowled. He glanced at the young wizards. ?One of you better get on the belly gun,?

?I'll do it,? said Hermione.

?Great,? Han grumbled as he ran back to the cockpit. ?A farmboy and a fifteen-year-old girl against the best imperial pilots.?

?I'm seventeen!? Hermione shouted indignantly from the bottom of the gun well, already strapping herself in. Han did not reply.

She was surprised how naturally getting into the gun turret came to her. She put on the communications gear and took the controls. She swung the gun turret back and forth to get a feel for it.

?Hermione, do you read me?? Luke asked over the intercom.

?Copy, Luke,? she replied. ?Reading you loud and clear.?

?Here they come!? Han warned.

On the targeting screen in front of Hermione, four small triangles appeared. Then she saw them through he viewport. The TIE fighters looked like balls with large hexagonal panels attached to their sides. Hermione pulled the triggers. The four barrels of the turret released a stream of orange bolts, which streaked through space. Hermione swore, since the bolts missed the imperial fighters.

The ship rocked. Another fighter flew past the bottom turret, firing bright green bolts. Hermione fired and missed again. The fighter quickly flew out of sight. The ship rocked, heavier this time.

?Hang on,? Han called out. With that, the ship twisted around and leaned forward, turning over completely. Hermione realized there was no up or down here. Suddenly, the enemy fighter was blinking in the center of her targeting screen. Almost automatically, her fingers pressed the triggers. The imperial ship exploded in a huge fireball.

?I got him!? she yelled triumphantly.

?Good job!? Luke congratulated her. Then the whole ship structure shuddered. The remaining fighters were still shooting at them.

?We've lost the rear deflector shield!? Han informed them. ?Keep them away from there!?

Hermione looked, and sure enough, a fighter was coming in for another pass. She fired a stream of bolts, all of which missed. But almost as soon as it went over the edge of the Falcon, an explosion flashed from there.

?Yaaahoooo!? Luke yelled.

?Nice shot, Luke!? Hermione complimented. ?There's only two l

3. masterjedi343

masterjedi343 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 26, 2005
    i have no problems this is very good. keep going :)

4. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Good work. =D=

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Narcosio eh? Very nice spell, Prophet!

I liked how you had Hermione at one of the belly guns. She's adapting to the galaxy very well. :)

I do hope you get around to doing ESB, too! :D That would be brilliant. :D

6. son-of-kenobi

son-of-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    cool stuff...hermione? fighter pilot? just as wierd as Ron being a house prefect...lol good stuff

7. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Nice job. This is turning out to be a very well done x-over.

And for some reason, I just got an image of Harry flying an X-Wing in the Death Star battle...

8. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    ^ Agreed. Probably stems from his natural broom-flying ability :D With his hand-eye coordination, I was nearly expecting Harry to take the gun... but I like Hermione on it too ;) Excellent post!

9. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Magic certainly wreaks havoc on the escape from the Death Star. I agree with the others, lovely spellwork there ;)

Love to see where this goes. :)

10. masterjedi343

Jan 26, 2005
    keep going! i cant wait to read more (this will keep me satisfied till ROTS and/or HBP comes out :)

11. DeathStarZero

DeathStarZero Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    As a big fan of both SW and HP, I'm loving this fic! Good job, and I can't wait to see more! :D

12. masterjedi343

Jan 26, 2005
    since this is a great fan fiction i was wondering if itd work as a rpg?

13. masterjedi343

Jan 26, 2005
    did this fourm move?? i wanna read mooore [face_laugh]

14. Sid_the_Sith

Sid_the_Sith Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2004
    ooh, i like this. keep it up, will you? i lurk often, so i'll be popping in every now and then...

Sid_the_Sith

15. masterjedi343

Jan 26, 2005
    i think the author of the fic is gone today

16. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    This is great!! Out of all crossover possibilites, HP/SW never occured to me, but it fits perfectly.

I love all the spells Hermione, Harry, and Ron used....added a new twist to the escape from the Death Star.

Will they get to fight agaisn't the Death Star in a squadron?? I can't wait to find out!

17. masterjedi343

Jan 26, 2005
    i personally wanna see the trio fight in the battle of hoth. that whould be really fun to read :)

18. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Catching up...

?I?m not about to trust my life to some kid with a stick! He?s even crazier than that old man with that 'Force' of his!?

[face_laugh] I love where this is going! Though I do detect that Luke's going to try to Force train the trio somehow. :p

19. masterjedi343

Jan 26, 2005
  20. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    masterjedi343: I don't know about an RPG. I've never been good at those, and trying to do it for this would effectively be a fanfic of a fanfic (is that a fanfanfic?), which I don't thing should be done.

Glad to have everyone on board. Over the weekend, I've written the first draft of the story up to the start of the Battle of Hoth. However, I'm busy this week, and so I doubt I will be able to type it up and edit the story to make updates until this Friday. If you care, here's a one-sentence preview:

The bottom left wing of her fighter hit the edge of the trench and broke.

21. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    Hmmm, is Heromine joining up w/ Rouge Squadron??

I can't wait to see how this is going to go!

22. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    Great story! This is one of the better Star Wars/Harry Potter crossovers I've read. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

I think its really cool that while Hermione hates flying on a broom, it seems that she might like to fly star fighters. (At least from you

I have a quick question: How long are you planning on making this story? And how far into the Star Wars Time line will it go?

23. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    OK, sorry I kept you waiting, but next week, updates should be pretty frequent, since I already have the story ready (I am resisting the temptation to post everything I have now, but if I do that, it'll probably be two weeks before I get off another update.)

Lady_Jade: You'll see.

Yodan: I don't know how long it'll be. My current outline has between 35 and 40 chapters, and most of them will probably be longer than the ones that are already here. As for how far it'll go, I'm planning on going all the way to the end of ROTJ. However, I'll only cover the same (or nearly the same) periods as the movies-although I'll drop a few hints as to what happens in between. I don't know Shadows of the Empire well enough to insert the trio into it and make it good.

OK, enough of me babbling. You want the story? Well, here you go...enjoy!

24. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Chapter 7.

When he came back from the bathroom (or ?refresher?, as they called it here), Harry found Ron engaged in a game with Chewbacca at the checkered table in the corner of the lounge. Strange-looking holographic creatures were moving over it. The game appeared to be based on a concept similar to chess, although even Harry could see that it was more complex. Harry smiled. Maybe this world wasn't so different as it first appeared.

?I wonder if you can make it listen. You know, just tell it to make a certain move, instead of pushing these buttons?? Ron asked the Wookiee.

Chewbacca growled, without emotion. ?He said,? Threepio translated, ?That they can't afford a voice-activated game board.?

?Oh,? Ron said, embarrassed. ?I understand.? No, Harry thought. Not that different.

Leia entered the lounge from the cockpit and sat down with a sigh of frustration. Harry sat next to her. ?Er,? he stared, ?How should I call you? Your Highness? Or is it Princess? I've never met royalty before.?

She smiled. ?Leia will do, at least in private,? she said. ?I never liked all the formal receptions anyway. And I'm only three years older than you.?

Harry nodded. ?Okay. Can I ask you a question??

?Of course.?

?That black-clad man with the red lightsaber back on the station, who was he??

?That was Darth Vader,? Luke said, sitting down next to them. ?Former Jedi Knight and now a servant of the dark side of the Force.?

?Huh?? Hermione interrupted. ?What does that mean??

?Sorry,? Luke was embarrassed. ?A few days ago, I was as ignorant as you are?maybe more. Me, trying to explain what the Force is... All right, I'll tell you what Ben told me?which isn't much, I'm afraid.?

?Ben? Was he the old man who...? Harry asked.

?Yes,? Luke answered. ?Ben, or Obi-Wan Kenobi, a Jedi Knight. The Jedi,? he continued, ?Have certain powers, which they derive from an energy field generated by all living things. This energy field is called the Force.? Luke paused. ?The things you did on the station,? he asked, ?what are these powers? Where do they come from??

?We don't really know,? Hermione conceded. ?Most acts require a use of a wand,? she took hers out an handed it to Luke, ?And an incantation, but some a wizard can do with no equipment at all, just pure will power.?

?Can anybody do it?? asked Lia, who was now inspecting Hermione's wand.

?No,? she answered. ?Most can't. In fact, in our world, most people don't even know such abilities exist at all. What we do know, is that while these abilities do run in families, there's something else at play. There are wizards born into Muggle families, and??

?Muggle?? Luke was curious.

?Sorry. Non-magic people? it is not,? she emphasized, and then corrected herself, ?Usually not a derogatory term. The majority of wizards try to live as isolated from Muggles as possible, to keep the existence of magic secret.?

?Hmm...? Leia muttered something.

?Anyway,? Hermione resumed, ?There are wizards, like me, born into Muggle families, who can be trained, and there are people with no magical powers born into wizard families?we call such people Squibs.?

?I think I understand... somewhat,? Luke said, almost to himself, and then proceeded with his explanation. ?The Force has a light and a dark side. The Jedi Knights served the light side, and were the guardians of peace and justice in the Republic. Darth Vader, a student of Ben, went over to the dark side, and into the service of the Emperor. He helped the Emperor to destroy the Jedi, killing many of them personally. Including,? Luke breathed out with difficulty, ?My father.?

Harry's eyebrows went up. ?You know,? he said, ?Just five minutes ago, I was wondering how similar our worlds really were. Now I realize they're more similar than I thought.? And he proceeded to tell them the story about him, Voldemort, and his parents, and his encounters with the Dark Lord in the last seven years. When he finished, he looked around and realized that everyone on the ship was here. Luke, Leia, Ron, H

25. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Great post! I love how magic and the Force are intertwined here.

Poor Han, having no Force powers and being a muggle!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.