Saga HARRY POTTER AND THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH (HP/SW OT-era crossover) Completed 6/16 Survey up 6/19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TheProphetOfSullust, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. ShrunkenJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ha! I've been waiting for an update. Don't you worry about the time it takes, though-- a quality story is much more important than satisfying our impatience; ;) Stories take time...

Anyway, I really liked this one. So Han thinks Harry has quite a story, does he? He has no idea :p Good idea about the chess set, and Force-sensitives being able to use magic as well. So Leia now knows she has power, hmmmm? That's interesting.

Always a pleasure!
  2. Geith_Jiseo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow! I have been gone far too long. Excellent posts, TheProphetOfSullust! This is shaping up to be the best crossover story I've ever read. It keeps getting better and better.

Can't wait for more! :D
  3. masterjedi343 Force Ghost

star 5
    great story so far!!! maybe the magic and force are the same thing but just called different things? maybe thats why leia and luke can use the wands because the force is storng with them?
  4. Lady_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm, now that you mention it, it does seem like the two worlds are very similiar.

And it seems that the two Force sensitive people could control magic. Hmm, does that mean that the trio might take a stab at using the Force?
  5. c_owensby Force Ghost

star 3
    This is a really good crossover. I can't wait to see what happens next. :D
  6. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Excellent post, this is turning out to be a very good crossover!

The ties between the Force and magic are very interesting, too. :) Can't wait for more.
  7. TheProphetOfSullust Force Ghost

star 4
    ShrunkenJedi: I don't think any of them knows enough about the Force to draw such a conclusion.

The relationship between magic and the Force is at the heart of this story, and eventually, there will be a plausible speculation (I say "speculation" because I don't think we're ever supposed to know what the Force really is...which is why I don't like the idea of "midi-clorians".) For now, I'll be evil and keep you in the dark. [face_devil]

The next post is the first (and larger) part of chapter 8. The short second part will be posted tomorrow morning.
  8. TheProphetOfSullust Force Ghost

star 4
    Chapter 8.

?Well, there it is,? Han announced. ?Yavin Four. Your friends should be here,? he turned to Leia, ?Unless the Empire already found them.?

?Thanks for the vote of confidence,? she replied dryly.

?How can anyone live there?? Hermione asked. ?Those storms are huge!?

?The base isn't on Yavin itself, the gas giant,? explained Leia. ?It's on that moon,? she pointed to port. ?There, do you see it??

?Oh,? Hermione said. ?Yeah, I see it.?

As they got closer to the moon, surface features could be marked out. Oceans, continents, islands, forests, and deserts were all there... but no cities or any artificial lights on t he night side. Harry was mesmerized.

?It's beautiful,? he said.

?Yes,? Leia agreed. ?And if the Empire has its way, it'll be gone. Just like Alderaan.?

?Attention, unknown ship!? a voice blared out of the speaker on the Falcon's dashboard. ?State your name, cargo, and destination.?

Han was about to begin, when Leia leaned to the microphone and said, ?Chancellor Finis Valorum.?

?Naboo-Trade Federation crisis,? the reply came. ?You may proceeded. Prepare to receive landing coordinates.?

?What the heck was that?? Han demanded.

?Code phrases of the Alliance High Command. We pick terms from the history of the Old Republic. It's a good thing that this ship's so fast. If we arrived tomorrow, the phrase would be changed.?

?What do these things mean?? curiously asked Hermione.

?Finis Valorum was the last leader of the Old Republic before Palpatine,? Leia said. ?The Trade Federation-Naboo crisis was the event that forced him from power. As far as details go, even I don't know much. The Empire, understandably, keeps information about its rise well-hidden. We may never know the truth.?

As they talked, Han piloted the Falcon into the moon's atmosphere and settled it into a level flight. Soon a large stone pyramid showed up on the horizon.

?Wow!? Ron exclaimed. ?That thing's larger than the ones in Egypt!?

?Egypt?? Leia asked. ?What's that??

?It's a country on our planet,? Ron told her. One of the first civilizations arose there... about six thousand years ago. They built very large pyramids as tombs for their kings. But that one's larger. Is it a tomb, too??

Leia looked at him. ?We don't know its purpose, but I don't think so,? she said. ?We haven't found any thing inside to indicate that. But of course, we may have been preceded by robbers by thousands of years. We use that pyramid as a base?headquarters of the Rebellion.? Leia sighed. ?Now that Alderaan is gone, this is the closest thing I have to a home.?

?In that case, welcome home, Princess,? Han grinned at her. ?I hope your friends have the money to pay me.?

Leia scoffed and headed towards the exit without looking back. The trio followed her, and Luke joined them at the hatch.

When they exited, they found themselves in front of a welcoming committee lead by tall gray-haired man with soft features. His face flushed with relief when he saw Leia.

?You're safe!? he exclaimed. ?When we heard about Alderaan, we feared the worst.?

?We have no time for our sorrows, commander,? she declared. ?You must use the information in this R2 unit to help plan the attack. It's our only hope.?

The technicians took Luke's droid away. See Threepio went with them. Han followed Leia off elsewhere. The three wizards were left with Luke.

?What will you be doing?? asked Harry.

?I'll join them as a fighter pilot,? Luke said, not a hint of doubt in his voice.

?I'll come with you,? said Harry. ?If we're stuck here, we might as well do some good.?

?Harry!? Ron was struck with fear. ?Do you realize how dangerous this is??

?Yeah, it's dangerous,? Harry granted. ?As dangerous as coming face-to-face with Voldemort? I doubt it.?

?In that case,? Ron declared, ?We're going with you.?

?No,? Harry was adamant. ?You have families. Parents and brothers and sisters,? he looked at Ron, ?Who care about you. The Dursleys will only be happy if I get blown up. No one will miss me.?

9. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5

So now Harry's going to go up in an X-Wing?

Curious if Harry's going to blow up the Death Star or will you let Luke do it?

I liked how Hermione rushed to assure Harry that he had plenty of family who cared about him. Poor Harry always feels like he's an outsider.

And...I loved Han's line about "welcome home; hope your friends can pay me" :p So in character for the scoundrel.

Great post!
  10. masterjedi343 Force Ghost

star 5
    awesome post. you portray the trio right into character as well everyone else. cant wait for more!!
  11. c_owensby Force Ghost

star 3
    Great post. I am really enjoying this story. I can't wait to see how Harry handles an X-wing. :D
  12. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Oooh! Harry flying an X-wing! Good stuff! And I liked the reference to the Naboo-Trade Federation crisis.

13. ShrunkenJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ^ Yes, I liked the historical references too. They don't know exactly how close it hits to home... :D

Poor Harry... he must've been feeling pretty bad to say noone would miss him. Good save by Hermione. Ready for the battle and enjoying this fic a lot!
  14. Lady_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    The trio in X-wings...can't wait to see that!

Will we get to see how they all do in the sims??
  15. TheProphetOfSullust Force Ghost

star 4
    LadyPadme: You don't expect me to tell you that beforehand, do you?

Lady_Jade: You'll know how they did (in fact, in the next post) but as far as actual descriptions of space combat, I'll save that for real space combat.

Glad to see you all like it, and now... the conclusion to chapter 8.
  16. TheProphetOfSullust Force Ghost

star 4
    When Harry got out of the simulator an hour later, he first went to the restroom. Then he returned and sat down next to Luke and his friends.

Wedge stood up with a small computer (or ?datapad?, as Harry learned) in his hands. ?Interesting,? the pilot muttered.

?What's interesting?? Luke tried to hide it, but he was worried.

?The maximum score for the test is 90,? Wedge said, ?With 30 points for each stage. The cutoff mark, at which we allow a pilot to go on active duty, is a score of 70. Your scores were: Luke Skywalker, 86; Hermione Granger, 83; Ron Weasley and Harry Potter, tied at 78. Did any of you have pilot experience in an X-Wing or another Incom vehicle? Or in fighter simulators?

?Well, I piloted skyhoppers, but I've never even seen a starfighter.?

?None of us has any experience with fighters, real or simulated,? said Harry. He decided not to mention broomsticks at this time, since he wanted to explain that in detail. When there's time, he thought.

?In that case,? Wedge resumed, ?Wow. That's all I have to say. I myself have only got past 80 after two months training. To be honest, this was the last thing I expected. Now there's a problem. We only have three unassigned X-Wings available. One of you,? he pointed at Harry and Ron, ?Will have to stay on the ground.

?Wait, Mr. Antilles,? Harry scratched his head. ?How come we're tied? I shot him down when we faced each other... I think.?

?You did,? confirmed Wedge. ?But in the team simulation, he got extra points for getting me.?

?So what do we do?? Ron asked, looking at Harry.

?What else?? Harry replied, reaching out into his pocket and pulling out a silver sickle. ?Heads or tails?? he held it out to Ron.

?All right...,? Ron agreed. ?It's just...?

?Just what?? asked Harry.

?I'm not sure how I want this to turn out. If you get killed, I'll always wonder what would happen if flew instead.? He saw Harry lift his eyebrows, and scowled. ?Don't try to tell me that you'd not think that if I die!?

?I won't. It's just that that can be said about any choice we make.? He thought about what Dumbledore once told him. ?We always wonder if things might have been better had we decided on something else. And we'll never know for sure. There's no way to escape that in our world, and I doubt that it's different in this one.?

Everyone stood, listening, and Harry's little speech went uninterrupted until Wedge, talked to someone on the comm and approached them.

?Sorry to interrupt,? he said, ?But it's time for the briefing.?

Harry smiled, and Ron grinned back. ?Heads or tails?? Harry asked again.

?Heads,? Ron called.

Harry tossed the coin. It spun, flew almost to the ceiling, fell back and plinked on the floor. They came up and looked at it.

It was tails.
  17. c_owensby Force Ghost

star 3
    Great new post. So Harry and Hermoine are going but Ron isn't. I can't wait to see what happens. I hope you can post again soon. I am really enjoying this story. :D
  18. Lady_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Harry and Hermione out in the X-wings....I hope Ron won't mind going half crazy with worry!!

I wonder how they'll do....
  19. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    So, Miss Hermione-I'm-afraid-of-flying scored higher than both Ron and Harry? How ironic. :p

Excellent job, Prophet! I'm really looking forward to where this goes! :D
  20. masterjedi343 Force Ghost

star 5
    this is turning out to be one of the best fanfics ive ever read!(except for the pre ROTS story these are both tied for 1st) keep postin cant wait to read more!!
  21. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5

I'm surprised Hermione didn't decide to sit out the fighting.

Impressive scores, and Woohoo!! she beat the boys! :D

I would have liked to have seen the reaction if Harry or Ron had said they'd flown on broomsticks before ;)

Great post!
  22. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    ^Amen to that. :)

Awesome job, Prophet!

Hmmm.... now we wonder, who's going to destroy the Death Star? Luke, Harry... or Hermione?
  23. ShrunkenJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Strong in the Force, Hermione is! Truly! ;)

Thanks for the rest of this chapter, Prophet!
  24. TheProphetOfSullust Force Ghost

star 4
    It seems like I'm driving up the suspense... good. :D

Next post: chapter 9, part 1.
  25. TheProphetOfSullust Force Ghost

star 4
    Chapter 9.

The briefing room was full of people, many in orange uniforms, like Antilles'. At the front, near a display screen, stood Leia, who was talking to an old man. Harry looked around and saw Han standing in the back of the room. They sat down next to Wedge in the front row. Leia gave them a quick smile before the old man stepped up to address the chamber.

"That's General Jan Dodonna," Wedge whispered to them.

General Dodonna cleared his throat, motioned a technician with his hand, and a display of the Death Star appeared on the screen. Some in the audience gasped.

"The battle station," he began without any introduction, "Is heavily shielded and carries the firepower greater than half of Starfleet. Its defenses are designed against a direct, large-scale assault. A small, one-man fighter should be able to penetrate the outer defenses."

Harry heard Hermione snort to herself, and he was pretty sure that had to do with the expression "one-man" that Dodonna used. Hermione was the only female pilot in the room.

Wedge raised his hand and said, "Pardon me for asking, sir, but what good are our snub fighters gonna be against THAT?"

"Well, the Empire doesn't consider a one-man fighter to be any threat," Dodonna answered, "Or they'd have a tighter defense. An analysis of he plans provided by Princess Leia has demonstrated a weakness in the battle station. But the approach will not be easy."

He paused and looked at the screen. It was now focused on the interior of a small trench on the station's surface, and moving along it.

"You are to maneuver straight down this trench," the general resumed, "And skim the surface to this point." The screen showed an end of the trench and a small opening in the wall. "The target area is only two meters wide. It is a small thermal exhaust port right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system." The screen now showed the whole station and a dotted line, representing the shaft, running into its center. "A precise hit," the general continued, "Should set off a chain reaction that should destroy the station." The screen displaced white streaks coming out of the center, and then blanked out. "Only a precise hit will set off a chain reaction. The shaft is ray-shielded, so you'll have to use proton torpedoes," Dodonna concluded and looked at his audience.

The room was full of murmurs, then Wedge spoke up.

"That's impossible even for a computer!" he protested.

"It's not impossible," Luke corrected him. "I used to bulls-eye womp-rats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than two meters."

"Then man your ships," General Dodonna ordered, "And may the Force be with you." Everyone filed out of the room.

They were already suited up and heading to the hangar when Luke stopped and motioned in another direction. Harry saw Han and Chewbacca loading boxes into the Falcon. They approached the smugglers.

"So, you got your reward and you're just leaving, huh?" Luke sneered.

"That's right," Han said. "I've got some old debts to pay off, and even if I didn't, you don't think I'd be fool enough to stick around here, do you?" He looked at Luke, then at the wizards. "Why don't you come with us? You're pretty good in a fight. We could use you."

Harry was about to protest, but Luke did it for him. "Come on," he said. "Why don't you look around. You know what's about to happen, what they're up against. They could use a good pilot like you. You're turning your back on them."

"What good is a reward if you ain't around to use it? Besides, attacking that battle station ain't my idea of courage. It's more like... suicide."

"Maybe we should use the Imperius curse on him," Ron whispered to Hermione.

"Uhm...," she began.

"Hermione, don't tell me you know how to do the Imperius curse?" Harry was shocked.

"Well... yes," she admitted. "I once encountered an owl who didn't like me and wouldn't deliver my letter, so I tried it out of frustration and... it worked."

"What's the Imperius curse?" Han asked, suddenly
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.