main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga HARRY POTTER AND THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH (HP/SW OT-era crossover) Completed 6/16 Survey up 6/19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TheProphetOfSullust, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lutgerous

Darth-Lutgerous Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    That was an awesome series of posts Prophet! I really enjoyed how you are cutting the various battle scenes. They are obviously slowly building the suspense until the climax. The fight between Harry and Mara was great and I have to admit, I thought it was very entertaining to read them going after each other, well mostly Mara since she was the more aggressive and under the Imperious curse. The biggest surprise was definitely when Snape appeared and I found out that he was married to Roganda. I was wondering if you'd bring Snape into the story and I'm glad you did. I can't wait to see what will happen to him and Ron, Ginny, Jan, and our Rebels now that they must face a wizard and the Imperials. Too bad their initial plan didn't work! Maybe you'll bring Neville, Luna, and other characters to the battle too. I am really looking forward to another post, either concerning the events ont the Death Star or the events on Endor. You have really done a great job with making these events all the more interesting and enjoyable to read. Fantastic job!!!

2. TheProphetOfSullust

TheProphetOfSullust Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    SuperSaiyaMan12: It seemed like a nice twist. I really don't like to have a character in only one scene or plot thread, so I always try to see if I can find a use for them later on. In this story, the roles of Mara, Kyle and Jan all expanded massively from the story as originally conceived.

EquestrianJedi07: Thank you. Yes, he's sneaky. And yes, I enjoyed the little moment they share, as they are about to die.

masterjedi343: You mean Mara, right? Jan is with Ron. As for Snape... you never really know what he is, right? And as I said, there will be no Palpatine/Voldemort duel. Sorry.

QUIGONSGAL: My reply is the same as to Malfoy/Lavender. They deserve each other.

Ghosts can't rap knuckles.

A shot... or a spell... or a lightsaber...

jaina_clan_solo: Seems like it, doesn't it? Of course Snape has the potential to cause a lot of problems. As for the light... just wait.

Darth-Lutgerous: Why, thank you. Like I said, I don't like simply introducing characters for one scene. And I won't tell anything else about what's going to happen...

Shall we see what's going on elsewhere? If you care to...

3. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Chapter 54.

Chirp.

Hermione instantly opened her eyes. ?Shields up, CueSeven,? she ordered. ?Thanks for the warning.? Some pilots didn't develop the habit of raising their shields before coming out of hyperspace. That struck Hermione as an incredibly stupid thing to do. That habit, and the fifteen-second warning had served her well on numerous occasions. She gripped the control yoke.

Hyperspace vanished, replaced by a starfield, with a shining blue planet off to the side. The Death Star was straight ahead of them.

Hermione scanned her surroundings, verified that all three members of her flight made it, as did the rest of the squadron.

?All wings, report in,? Lando's voice came through.

?Red Leader, standing by.? Hermione stirred at the sound of Wedge's voice. It was hardly unexpected, but at least she knew he was still all right.

?Gray leader, standing by,? another commander reported.

?Green Leader, standing by.?

?Lock S-foils in attack position,? Pash ordered. Hermione did so.

?May the Force be with us!? Admiral Ackbar's voice thundered.

The fighters formed up and flew towards the Imperial battle station. Even Hermione, who'd seen the first Death Star, got a shock from its size. She glanced at her readouts. Nothing? What's going on...

?Break off the attack!? Lando ordered from the Falcon. ?The shield is still up!?

Oh, no... Hermione thought.

?Pull up! All craft pull up!? Lando shouted frantically.

?Do it!? Hermione ordered, sensing her pilots' uncertainty. She broke off first.

As soon as they turned back towards the fleet, she scanned her surroundings. Blade Squadron remained intact... for now.

Hermione turned her fighter again. And nearly collided with Blade Ten. A fleet of at least forty Star Destroyers was coming out from behind the planet.

?Pash!? she yelled.

?I see them, Blade Nine.?

?It's a trap!? Admiral Ackbar shouted.

?Power up your lasers,? Hermione told her flight. ?Fire on my command.?

?Fighters, coming in,? Lando announced.

Hermione realized that a good number of the Imperial craft were TIE Interceptors rather than standard TIE fighters. She remembered her unpleasant encounter with the fast craft at Suran Minor. We've got A-wings now, she reminded herself. They're faster.

?Fire!? she said. ?Evade with S-split!?

The burst of laser fire from four fighters, in the same direction, took out the lead Interceptor of the closed formation, which was what Hermione was counting on. The flight then split, the two A-wings veering off to the right, the X-wings to the left.

?Accelerate to attack speed! Draw their fire away from the cruisers!?

Hermione already did so, but even the attack speed of the X-wing was no match for an Interceptor. ?I've got one on my tail!? she yelled.

The interceptor was quickly eating up the distance between them. Hermione jinked, and most of the enemy's bolts flew wild. Nevertheless, her rear shields did drop a little.

Twisting around, Hermione found a TIE fighter ahead of her, and fired, knowing she had no time to lock on. She missed, but one of her A-wing pilots blasted the Imperial from the side.

?Good shot, Blade Ten,? she congratulated the pilot.

Her fighter shook, and, glancing at her instruments, she saw her rear shields drop rapidly. There was another Imperial behind her.

Then the trailing Interceptor exploded. Hermione gave only a cursory glance. ?Olch!? she heard Linra'sin exclaim. Hermione supposed that was some Twi'lek interjection, but she had other things to worry about now. ?Good job, Twelve,? she said. ?Break left!?

The other pilot did so, and the second TIE fighter made a tight turn, hoping to intercept her. He ended up in Hermione's sights, and was blasted apart.

?I'm surrounded!? Pash shouted.

?Coming around!? Hermione twisted her fighter. ?Ten, Twelve, on me.?

Hermione fired two proton torpedoes. As soon as she did, the Imperials began their standard countermeasures. With that distraction, they were unp

4. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Nice update of the opening of the battle of Endor. Probably you can have the Twi'lek Pilot say, "Take this you schutta bantha poodoo!"

Update soon.

5. EquestrianJedi07

EquestrianJedi07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2006
    Uh oh... [face_worried] I hope our heroes get out okay.

Great update! =D=

6. masterjedi343

masterjedi343 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 26, 2005
    nice update =D= good job with the opening scene of endor :D

7. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Awesome update, Prophet. I can here the music from that scene in my head. You have really done well.

I wonder what Hermione's reaction will be when the Death Star unleashes its full destructive power.

8. Darth-Lutgerous

Darth-Lutgerous Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Great opening for the space battle of Endor. I liked the fast paced update with Hermione's point of view as she faced continuous attacks from TIE Interceptor squads and saw her own friends in the Blade Squadron get shot down. The expert maneuvering on the Rebel's part was great and I think you have done a fantastic job setting up the three parts of this battle: on the Death Star, in space, and on Endor.

9. QUIGONSGAL

QUIGONSGAL Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Ooooooo a space battle! Nicely done! I like it!

Ghosts might not be able to rap your knuckles in the physical world, but they can do so in your dreams, or didn't you know that?

Anywho, this story is finally getting to the good part! You rock!

10. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    SuperSaiyaMan12: Thanks. But 'bantha poodoo' is an insult in Huttese, not Twi'leki.

EquestrianJedi07: If you knew they would, it wouldn't be much fun, but thanks.

masterjedi343: Thank you.

TigerofRobare: Strangely enough, I don't recall the music of the battle (at least space battle) scenes. *shrugs*. And you'll see Hermione's reaction.

Darth-Lutgerous: Thank you. But of course, I didn't really set it up. That was all Richard Marquand. I simply added my segments and dialogue, but the scene order is his and Lucas'.

QUIGONSGAL: Thanks. I enjoy writing space battles, although it is a challenge.

What? You didn't think Harry's first duel with Voldemort, Hermione's duel with Roganda, and Ron's escape from Coruscant were good? I spent so much effort on these parts... :(:(

OK... here's another somewhat familiar scene with new twists... sorry if it's short.

11. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Harry didn't know why he did what he did next. He grabbed Mara's wrists, and leaped up, making the highest Force-jump he had yet made. Mara looked at him in shock, as the green bolt of the killing curse avoided her by mere inches. Harry flipped over and landed on the floor. Mara, unfortunately, didn't fare so well. When she yanked her lightsaber hand free and attempted to strike him, he let go. Mara fell from fifteen feet, hitting her head. When Harry landed, she was unconscious.

?Mara!? Harry rushed over to her.

?Mara!? Luke, who was standing before the Emperor, rushed down.

?Ah,? Palpatine said. ?My wayward Hand. Thank you for bringing her back, young Potter.?

Harry felt sickened. Was this whole thing a plot?

Luke touched Mara's head. ?She's alive,? he said.

Harry suddenly realized that his lightsaber was gone. He had dropped it and his wand when he grabbed Mara. He looked up. Voldemort had them now.

?You want this, Potter? Very curious thing, these brother-wands,? he commented.

He and Luke headed up the stairs, towards Vader and the Emperor. Voldemort followed. He had no idea why Voldemort didn't attempt to kill him again. He scanned his other two enemies, and struggled to suppress a grin. Ron's wand. He saw it hanging on Vader's belt.

Looking out the large window behind Palpatine's throne, he saw flashes of light in the distance. The battle must have begun, he thought.

?Come,? Palpatine said, drawing their attention to the window, ?see for yourselves.?

?From here,? he continued, ?you will witness the final destruction of the Alliance and the end of your insignificant Rebellion.?

Harry watched Luke glare at the Emperor, who was holding his lightsaber.

?You want this, don't you?? Palpatine said to Luke. ?The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment, you make yourself more my servant.?

?And you young Potter. You want to join him. Anger burns strong in you. Only through the power of the dark side can you destroy your enemy.?

?No!? Harry and Luke shouted at once.

?It is unavoidable. It is your destiny.?

12. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Nice, can't wait for more.

13. masterjedi343

masterjedi343 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 26, 2005
    excellent update! =D= great way to seduce both harry and luke [face_peace]

14. QUIGONSGAL

Jun 12, 2005
    Oh, Lord! Here we go with the "Come to the Dark Side, young one." schtick. If Palpatine really expects either of these two to go over to his side, after all of the c--- that he has pulled on them, he's dumber than I thought he was.

It's going to be interesting with all of the players in the room together. Moldy Shorts, Palpy, Vader, Luke, Harry, and Mara.

If Moldy Shorts is so stupid as to go after Luke with his father standing there, I feel sorry for the poor slob. He'll find out the hard way that Vader won't stand for that sort of malarkey.

Should be interesting to see how the various conflicts play out amongst all these people.

Hm. Maybe there's more wizards present than we think, in this story.

I'm betting on Minerva and a few others showing up.

15. EquestrianJedi07

Mar 19, 2006
    *sits on the edge of her seat with bated breath, wondering what's going to happen next* [face_worried]

=D= Great job! I'm looking forward to more.

16. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Sorry it's taken me so long to reply.. i've gotten a bit behind the past week or so.

Anyway great job with the space battle, I hope that the Endor team gets that shield down soon [face_praying]

I think the fact that Harry and Luke are together is going to make them stronger. I don't think that either one of them will be as likely to 'give in to their anger' when they have someone else counting on them to stay strong.

Looking forward to more

jcs

17. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    SuaprSaiyaMan12: Thank you.

masterjedi343: Indeed.

QUIGONSGAL: Well... it worked with Anakin.

But that's the thing. Palpatine plays on people's fears and insecurities. Anakin, the Jedi, the Trade Federation, the Republic--everyone. And it works. It works because most people don't understand the game he is playing. Even Yoda sees the light too late.

But Harry, in this case, understands exactly what game is being played. The function of Malfoy, in the HP books, is to teach Harry how that is done, and in his antagonism, how to avoid falling victim to it. And Harry was a very good student. Yes, the scale is different... but he also learned that size matters not.

The same technique that worked for Anakin will not work for Harry. Harry will not march into Hogwarts, Death Eaters at his back, Avada Kedavra-ing everything in sight, because Voldemort told him he had the power to save Ginny. If I read that in any fic, I'd have to throw my suspension of disbelief out the window. But I wasn't surprised at Anakin's motivation for turning to the Dark Side. Not at all.

Anakin, you see, does not understand Padme. Ignoring TPM (when there is not much to understand) we see that very clearly in AOTC:

Padme: That's exactly what we are trying to do. The trouble is, people do not always agree.
    Anakin: Well, than they should be made to.
    Padme: By who? You?
    Anakin: No, of course not. But someone.
    Padme: Someone?
    Anakin *nods* Someone wise.
    Padme: Sounds an awful lot like a dictatorship to me.

He ignores the fears Padme has about her pregnancy revealed. When he sees Obi-Wan on Padme's ship, he instantly thinks she betrayed him.

Padme doesn't exactly understand Anakin either. Not that the Jedi and their policies are a big help there. But when Obi-Wan tells Padme about Anakin turning to the Dark Side, she doesn't believe him. There's certainly denial involved, but she also doesn't know what the Dark Side is. Had she done so, she might have seen the signs, and acted to prevent it.

As we have seen in HBP, Harry knows Ginny understands him. But he also understands Ginny, and knows what she will accept from him and what she won't. He will ask himself, "At what cost?" before jumping in. Break off a relationship to keep her safe? Yes, he did that. Die for her himself? Absolutely. But he won't betray his friends just because he's been getting visions of Ginny dying. Harry is far less insecure about the woman he loves than Anakin was.

Ugh. Maybe I should flesh this out, and put up an essay somewhere.

EquestrianJedi07: I don't think a writer can expect better praise than that.

jaina_clan_solo: Exams, right?

Thanks. You'll see what happens to the Endor team...

That's true, although I didn't really plan on it that way.

All right. The battle continues... enjoy!

18. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Chapter 55.

The flash was followed by some twenty large objects falling from the sky. It took only a few moments for them to get close enough to resolve into people on broomsticks. The only person more shocked than Ron was Snape.

Kyle Katarn wasted no time. As Snape lifted his wand to the sky, he knocked the Death Eater down with a well placed kick.

Ron dove in, grabbing his and Ginny's wands. ?Stupefy!? he shouted, turning the wand on the Imperial officer who was about to shoot him. ?Ginny, catch!? he tossed the wand to his sister.

A loud horn sounded in the distance, and Ewoks began pouring out of the forest. Despite being armed only with rocks, slings, and spears, they fearlessly tackled the Imperials.

?Move it!? A woman's voice shouted. Ron turned to the surprise reinforcements. The voice belonged to one of the Patil twins. She, like everyone else who'd just arrived, was wearing dark purple robes.

Ron had no time for a closer look. ?Expelliarmus!? Ginny shouted next to him, ripping away Snape's wand. Ron turned to see this, but the wand, instead of flying to Ginny, landed into Roganda Ismaren's palm. She tossed it back to her husband, and ignited the lightsaber.

?Incarcerous!? Ron attempted to bind her. The woman's sword easily destroyed the ropes pouring out of his wand. Ron ended the useless charm and leaped backwards to avoid being sliced himself.

Han, Leia, and Jan were hunkered down, firing their blasters at the Imperials. Jan shook her head at Ron. He understood. Jan would be all right. They aren't facing a Death Eater and a Dark Jedi.

Ginny and Snape dueled, constantly dodging each other's curses. Ron ran up to help, but had to drop as a stream of blaster bolts nearly brought him down. ?Kriff!? he heard Kyle curse. He was the one who fired these bolts, but Roganda managed to deflect them. ?Sorry there!? he called out.

?Incendio!? Ron threw a stream of fire at the lightsaber-wielding woman, igniting the underbrush next to her. She escaped the fire by a Force-assisted leap and landed less then ten feet away. She immediately turned to Ron, and he fell backwards as something powerful slammed into his chest.

The woman ran towards him. Ron reached for his wand, already knowing it would be too late. Then Roganda was thrown back herself, flying over fifteen feet.

?Ron, you all right?? Dean Thomas helped him up.

?Protego!? Susan Bones stopped a burst of blaster fire from a couple of Imperial soldiers.

?Sure. Ginny??

Ginny was in trouble. She was still fighting Snape, but the Death Eater had clearly driven her to exhaustion. ?Expelliarmus!? Snape yelled. Despite being prepared, Ginny didn't have enough power to hold on to her wand.

Ron, Dean, and Susan rushed at Snape. Keeping Ginny's wand pointed at her, Snape thrusted his own wand forward. ?Avada Kedavra!? he said.

They all dropped instantly, but didn't escape unscathed. Ron was lying on the ground, looking into Dean's lifeless eyes.

?No!? Susan screamed, and enraged, attacked Snape. Ginny tackled him at the same time, and Ron leaped up moments later.

?Crucio!? Snape said, casting the spell out of both wands he held. Ginny and Susan fell back in anguish, and Ron was left facing Snape.

Ron pointed his wand at the Death Eater when Roganda Ismaren landed next to him and used the Force to take it away from him. Then she ignited her lightsaber.

19. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Nice Update. Although it would have been cool if Kyle started using his latent Force Powers. I mean, leaping into the air, surprising Snape with a Force Push, then a Force Wave that throws the Death Eater through a couple of trees...

20. EquestrianJedi07

Mar 19, 2006
    Poor Dean... :_|

Ooo... Expelliarmus with the Force? Interesting... very interesting :)

21. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Two great updates! I would think that the Emperor would be smarter than trying to snare Harry the same way he snared Anakin. He would have done his homework.

So do we get to see Ron's Force powers now?

22. JediPotter

JediPotter Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2006
    My god, that is 3 posts this week, Prophet.

23. QUIGONSGAL

Jun 12, 2005
    YES! YES! YES! I knew that the Cavalry would come flying in at the last second!!!

Just one question, how did they know where their friends were? Did Obi-Wan tell them? Or do they have a way of peeking in on that galaxy?

24. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    SuperSaiyaMan12: No. At this point, Kyle's powers manifest themselves only through fast reflexes and accurate shooting. And wizards (like Jedi) are more resistant to Force-based attacks.

EquestrianJedi07: Yes. But if you read carefully, you'll see that everyone who used spells had wands. The only people who use both the Force and wands in combat are Harry and Voldemort.

TigerofRobare: Thank you. Exactly. And... not yet. It's not something that can be learned instantly, and Hermione did it in a moment of desperation. Ron is a quick thinker, but he prefers the tried and true. He is more likely to attempt a physical attack than think about the Force.

JediPotter: Well, the story is finished. I could post daily if I wanted to, but I'd like to give cliffies some weight.

QUIGONSGAL: Of course they did. And yes, Obi-Wan told them, and then Ginny went first, before they gathered everyone else. It just seemed like something she'd do.

And here's more stuff... enjoy!

25. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Blade Squadron was down to nine pilots, all the casualties from their single engagement with the group of Interceptors with unusual red markings. She supposed they were some Imperial elite unit?the Rebels had Rogue Squadron, so it wasn't at unlikely. Focus, Hermione. Focus.

Imperial fighters were attacking the Mon Calamari cruiser Liberty, trying to bring down her shields. A year ago, Hermione watched the great ship being built. She remembered meeting Nelir, the ship's Mon Calamari designer and Wedge's friend. Her flight was chasing a group of Imperials amidst turbolaser batteries, shield projectors, ion cannons, and other protrusions covering the surface of the warship. Hermione brought her fighter as close as she could... she could almost land.

Linra'sin was acquainting herself quite well. Blade Eleven, her other pilot... what was his name? Erad Loth, she remembered. She was more worried for him than for the Twi'lek. She heard that he recently lost a very close friend, and the result seemed to be that Loth now needed to think through the maneuvers and attacks rather than performing them instinctively. That could be dangerous. Some pilots?Harry and Luke, of those she knew best?relied almost entirely on these instincts. She and Wedge preferred a middle path, but when her feelings told her to do something, she did it. Space battle was too fast for hesitations.

One of the disguised mines on the hull exploded, the shrapnel destroying a TIE. A second Imperial veered off to avoid it, and was blasted by Linra'sin's guns. The Twi'lek had dispatched more bolts than were needed, and one of them hit the Liberty's surface.

?Hey, what side are you on?? Hermione asked her.

?Sorry, ma'am.?

CueSeven beeped, prompting Hermione to look at the instruments. Three Interceptors were behind them.

?I've got them, Nine,? Loth said, pulling his A-wing away from the Liberty. Accelerating, he flew his fighter towards the enemy flight, and fired torpedoes. They locked on two fighters, and destroyed them. Loth gunned down the third one with his lasers.

I've got a crazy wingmate with a death wish, Hermione thought. ?Good work, Erad,? she said. ?F??

?Nine, get over here!? Pash demanded.

?You heard the boss,? Hermione said. The rest of the squadron were near the Liberty's bridge, keeping the Imperials off. Hermione quickly counted them. Damn, she thought. They lost another pilot.

?No torpedoes, Erad,? she said. ?Too dangerous.?

?Acknowledged,? the other pilot replied.

Two enemy fighters broke off and rushed towards them. Both zeroed in on Linra'sin.

Hermione was chasing another Imperial. ?I'm hit!? she heard the Twi'lek's panicked cry.

She dropped pursuit, turning towards the other X-wing. With precise, well-timed shots, she destroyed one of the TIE fighters in pursuit. The others broke.

?Lin, status??

?Lost one engine, and rear shields. I can still maneuver.?

?Nine, behind you!? Loth shouted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.