main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga HARRY POTTER AND THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH (HP/SW OT-era crossover) Completed 6/16 Survey up 6/19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TheProphetOfSullust, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Excellent update. Glad the Wizards and Rebels are doing most of the damage.

2. masterjedi343

masterjedi343 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 26, 2005
    awesome update! cant wait to see what happens next

3. TheProphetOfSullust

TheProphetOfSullust Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    The throne room is huge, and also, through the air circulation, connected to the rest of the station. It will take some time to suck it all out. Even if the entire viewport (about 4 meters in diameter) is destroyed (and that's unlikely, since it is multipaneled), then, assuming the throne room is 50 m long, 30 m wide, and 30 m high, it will take velocity through the port of over 700 m/s to suck it all out in 5 seconds (under the circumstances, 5 seconds is a lot of time). Such velocity will not occur if a chamber under standard atmospheric pressure opens to a vacuum.

The attachment does have to be firm, since there will be velocities in the neighborhood of the port of 200-300 m/s. It's possible to stay put in such a flow, but you have to be precisely positioned (feet (the smallest possible area) facing the wind). If you actually face a wind like that, you're going to suffocate.

I have to watch ROTS again, but I believe I remember two things. First, that when Grivous broke the viewport, the door in the back of the bridge was still open, meaning that it was connected to the rest of the ship, so it would take a long time for all the air to be sucked out. Second, I believe by that time, the only ones left standing were Grievous, Palpatine, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Artoo. Grievous was sucked out (it was his idea), we can assume Artoo has a magnetic clamp somewhere, and the other three probably used the Force to anchor themselves.

In my story, all the people in the room know how to use the Force. Also, Harry, Mara, and Voldemort were somewhat lower on the staircase, and that would protect them somewhat (the air speed wouldn't be as high). Luke probably received a warning of what Harry was about to do, and Vader can survive in a vacuum for a short period, anyway. Palpatine really has it the worst off, sitting right at the viewport. If the air speed is enough to rip the throne off the floor... there goes the ruler of the galaxy.

Yes, the situation does require some explanation. But the particular issue you brought up (air getting sucked out too fast) is not it. The real thing to deal with is the air rush.

The violation is less of physics than of biology. Air will not be sucked out instantly, but remaining in place will be a problem. But since everyone involved has the Force... I think I can get away with it.

4. Exxaciel

Exxaciel Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Fabuloso!

5. QUIGONSGAL

QUIGONSGAL Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Rebels rule, Imperials drool! I loved this post! Go Chewie! Now, fake out the Imps, blow up the bunker and shield generator, then clean up the mess.

As for Luke, Harry, et al. Down with Dark Lords!

6. EquestrianJedi07

EquestrianJedi07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2006
    [face_dancing] Yay, the DA is here!

Great couple of updates! Sorry I missed the other [face_blush]

7. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    SuperSaiyaMan12: Thanks. And yes, the tide is turning.

masterjedi343: Thanks.

Exxaciel: Glad you like it.

QUIGONSGAL: Oh, come on. We're not in kindergarden... at least I hope not.

EquestrianJedi07: Yes, they are. And it's perfectly okay to miss frequent updates.

And now... Harry gets a revelation. Enjoy!

8. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Chapter 58.

Emergency bulkheads slammed down at the viewport, and the wind stopped. Harry pulled himself up. Mara was gathering herself nearby. Luke was further up the stairs, looking a bit dazed.

?A foolish gesture, young Potter,? Palpatine said. Damn.

Vader attacked Luke, who brought up his lightsaber to defend. Voldemort attempted to join him, but Harry and Mara rushed up. Harry struck with such force that Voldemort was thrown back.

Luke threw Vader off balance, tossing him down the stairs. Vader stood up, lightsaber still up. ?Obi-wan has taught you well,? he said.

?Expelliarmus!? Harry shouted, hoping to get the spell in while Voldemort was too busy fighting him and Mara. He had no such luck. The spell met something emerging out of Voldemort's wand, and a gold band connected them. Harry broke it off. Priori Incantatem would be useless now.

?I will not fight you, father.?

The words barely registered in Harry's brain before the shock. Vader was Luke's father? He turned to Luke. ?Luke?? he asked. His friend nodded.

Harder task, before young Skywalker lies, Yoda had said. Harry had to agree.

Harry's lightsaber flew out of his hand?he was too distracted for a proper block. He rolled down the stairs to avoid Voldemort's lightsaber, and was nearly skewered by Vader.

He got up, summoned his lightsaber back, and engaged Vader. Luke, meanwhile, dueled with Voldemort. Slowly, they made their way towards each other.

Mara chose this moment to approach Palpatine. But she barely lifted her lightsaber before being pushed down on her knees.

?You are out of line, my wayward Hand,? he said. ?The dark side will defeat you.?

?NO!? she shouted, before Palpatine forced her down again.

Harry remembered how he and Luke trained together on Dagobah, and tried to find Luke in the Force. As soon as he did, they joined minds.

Harry, retreating under Vader's relentless advance, moved up the stairs. Luke, constantly blocking Voldemort, took a few steps down. Suddenly, they were back to back.

?Mara!? Luke yelled, seeing her nearly crumpled form in front of the throne.

Suddenly, Mara sprang up, Luke's voice apparently getting her out from under Palpatine's spell. She reignited her lightsaber. Palpatine replied with a burst of lightning from his fingers, throwing Mara across the throne room. Luke reached out to slow down her fall. She still hit hard and stopped moving.

Voldemort used the opportunity to knock out Luke's lightsaber. Luke dodged Voldemort's strike and leaped away. Harry stepped back, facing two dark lords at once.

Vader struck first, putting so much power into the blow that Harry felt pain in his arms. Voldemort fired off a spell, but Harry quickly got his own wand out, forcing Voldemort to break the connection. Vader's next strike came too quickly for him to block, though, and Harry watched helplessly as the red blade went towards him...

...only to be turned away by a green one. Luke quickly rejoined the fight, and they reestablished their mind-meld.

Luke ducked and tried to strike Voldemort from below, leaving room for Harry to swing at Vader. Harry threw a stunning spell at Vader, but it seemed to have no effect. Frustrated, Harry thrusted at Voldemort and immediately had to pull back to block Vader's attack. Vader hit his blade so forcefully that Harry fell back, but Luke managed to parry the white lightsaber.

He felt Luke's presence in his mind, telling him to do something. He got it. There was no need even to nod. Blocking another round of strikes, the two young men executed simultaneous Force jumps and landed on the catwalk above the stairway.

?Your thoughts betray you, father,? Luke said. ?I feel the good in you. The conflict.?

Harry felt no such thing from Vader. He didn't expect anything of the sort from Voldemort.

?There is no conflict,? Vader declared.

?You couldn't bring yourself to kill me before, and I don't believe you'll destroy me now,? Luke said.

?What do you think, Tom?? Harry shouted. ?Maybe yo

9. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Nice. Looks like Mara finally broke the control.

10. masterjedi343

masterjedi343 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 26, 2005
    nice update! awesome post it keeps getting better and better! =D=

11. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Okay, Prophet, you've got me. I forgot about air circulation and I just remembered that the Death Star has its own gravitational field and an orbital rotation and spin, contributing to centripetal force.

Two great updates and a rebuttal.

12. QUIGONSGAL

Jun 12, 2005
    [face_hypnotized] Whoa! This story has me hypnotized! More, more, more!

13. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    It was great to see that Dumbledore's Army has become more than just a rebellious study group... I think that is a great way to honor his memory!

It looks like the ground teamm should have the sheild down soon (good riddance to Snape)... allowing the fighters to take down the Death Star.

I also really like that Luke and Harry are working together.... and I'm glad that Mara seems to have been able to throw off Palpatine's control.

Looking forward to seeing what comes next

jcs

14. LordTarr

LordTarr Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 11, 2005
    Soory I was gone so freakin long. I must say, this is the be damn crossover ever!!

15. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    SuperSaiyaMan12: Yes...

masterjedi343: Thank you.

TigerofRobare: Not so much as a rebuttal as a refinement, I think. And I don't think gravity will be a big deal. The Death Star is not large enough to hold its own atmosphere, and artificial gravity is limited to populated areas. Air will rush out if the throne room is exposed to space, artificial gravity or not.

QUIGONSGAL: I think that's the definition of a good story. Thanks.

jaina_clan_solo: Well, yes... an actual Army.

LordTarr: Perfectly all right.

This is a very important post. I really hope you like it, as well as... well, just read. I won't reveal anything just yet.

16. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    ?Ready?? Greengrass asked again.

Padma, leaning against the bunker wall, nodded. Greengrass cast the final spell.

There was a loud screech, a crack, and then the doors of the bunker flew open as if pulled apart by extreme strength.

As soon as the opening formed, a mixture of blaster bolts and spells were sent into it. Someone fired back, but missed everyone.

?Come on,? Han said.

At this moment, Susan and Ginny ran up. ?Sorry we didn't get her before,? Ginny said, exasperated.

Neville and Luna, along with several rebel commandos, appeared from the other direction. ?Ron!? Neville yelled and ran up to him.

?Sorry, no time for stories,? he grinned. ?Han??

Han got up. ?You,? he pointed to Ron and the other wizards, ?watch here in case more of them show up. Kyle and I will set the charges.?

Kyle nodded, and joining Han and several rebel soldiers, vanished inside. By this point, Chewbacca climbed down from his stolen AT-ST, and was helping Leia. Ron was supporting Jan. Could they really have done it this time?

The red blade cut through the supporting cables, and the catwalk collapsed. Luke tumbled down. Harry managed to jump off before slipping, and was now standing next to the throne, facing Voldemort.

?You whelp!? Voldemort snarled.

?What? If I had known your Muggle name was so effective, it would have been all over the Daily Prophet years ago. Maybe your half-blood status, too.?

Harry attacked. Anger at all the injustice this?he couldn't bring himself to call it a man?thing caused, at all he and his friends had to suffer because of him, flared up inside him. He jumped over Voldemort, and tried to strike him. The dark lord was too quick, but Harry kept fighting, kept attacking. Forcing Voldemort to step down the stairs, he struck from the higher ground.

Harry was so quick that Voldemort had to spend all his energy on blocking. At every blow, the dark lord stepped back. Harry could feel the white lightsaber shake under his purple one.

Voldemort was clearly exhausting himself. In addition to throwing faster and faster lightsaber strikes, Harry added spells to the mix. And then, getting closer and closer, he formed a powerful shield with his wand, and thrust his lightsaber tip at Voldemort's left hand. Straight to the core of his wand.

The wand exploded, causing Voldemort to flinch. His left hand was bleeding. Harry hit it with his invisible shield, and then, with all the strength he could muster, struck Voldemort's lightsaber. The dark lord couldn't hold on to it, and the weapon flew off to the side.

Harry breathed hard. He stood over Voldemort, wand in one hand, lightsaber in the other.

?Good... your hate has made you powerful,? he heard Palpatine's voice. He wasn't sure whom the Emperor was talking to, as Luke was standing over Vader in much the same position, except he had no wand. ?Now fulfill your destiny, and take your father's place at my side. Or perhaps young Potter would rather have that honor? He has proved himself worthy.?

?Well, Potter?? Voldemort asked him. ?Are you going to kill me??

?The final Horcrux,? Harry demanded. ?What is it??

?I didn't think you were stupid, Potter.?

?I am not. I'd rather you tell me yourself, but if not... Legilimens!?

At first, Harry got nothing, but then, drawing on the Force, he pushed against Voldemort's mental shields. His scar burned with pain, but he forced himself to go on. And then... he was in a different place altogether.

Harry was walking through a house, wand raised. It was dark outside. He came to a door and pushed it open. He reeled.

Mara was standing in front of him.
    No, he thought. Not Mara. This was Lily Potter, and he was seeing her through Voldemort's memory.

?Stand aside, silly girl,? Harry-Voldemort said. Harry had to force himself not to break off, knowing what was about to happen.

?No. Not Harry. Anything but?? Lily stood in front of him, a baby in a crib behind her.

?Stand aside,? Harry
    ?This is Voldemort! Voldemort! he forced hi

17. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    So Harry is the final Horucrux? Nice update.

18. Exxaciel

Exxaciel Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    ^^Huh? Harry's got black hair...

Oh, and you implode in a vaccuum, don't you?

This keeps getting beter. Very nice work.

19. QUIGONSGAL

Jun 12, 2005
    Why do I have the horrible feeling that Mara is the final Horcrux? That would be too cruel for words, so I hope I'm wrong.

Other than that, the story is turning out well.

20. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    :eek: you wouldn't make Mara the last horcrux? would you?

Harry is getting awfully close to the dark side... let's hope he can fight it.

jcs

21. TigerofRobare

Jan 11, 2006
    Everyone loves evil Harry. Hehe. Interesting. Good post. Maybe I can write a sentance with more than two words; either Mara is the horcrux (she would be the obvious choice) or perhaps I might guess that the red-haired baby is Obi-wan.

22. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    SuperSaiyaMan12: What make you say that?

Exxaciel: No, you explode.

QUIGONSGAL: Thanks... I think.

janina_clan_solo: Oh, yes... It was never the question of his ability to destroy Voldemort, so much as the cost.

TigerofRobare: Obi-Wan? What? He's got brown hair!

The turning point... so to speak. Enjoy!

23. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Chapter 59.

Han and Kyle ran out. ?Move!? Han shouted. ?Move!?

They ran. Kyle helped Padma up, and they rushed across the clearing away from the bunker. The installation exploded.

Then, half the sky seemed to be on fire for a moment when the shield generator dish vanished into flames. Ron couldn't believe it. We did it.

Voldemort had been knocked down, and was clambering back up. Harry processed what he saw. He knew what it meant, and it shocked him. Everything made sense.

?She's a Horcrux, isn't she?? Harry asked Voldemort. ?Mara Jade. A clone of my mother. The Horcrux creation was catalyzed by the murder of my real mother. Monster...?

?Never! I will never turn to the dark side!? Luke declared. ?You failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.?

?As,? Harry emphasized, ?am I.?

?Really, Potter?? Voldemort sneered.

Harry walked over to Mara, who was barely stirring. A Horcrux. A piece of Voldemort's soul. A Horcrux that could defend itself, think for itself... not too much, he thought, remembering the ease with which Voldemort's Imperius curse worked on her, and his own inability to break it. And a connection to him. And then...

?You know, she's hardly innocent,? Voldemort said. ?An Imperial assassin, the Emperor's Hand... don't you think it would be justice??

She is a Horcrux. Horcruxes must be destroyed. Therefore... since when am I thinking like this? I? what? the shock of his thoughts brought him back.

?You have no right to talk about justice, or innocence,? Harry snarled. But he had got the idea, and it wouldn't go away. Voldemort's words were getting to him. The end to everything... right here in his hands. He ignited his lightsaber.

?What's the matter, Potter! Can't do it??

The Rebel capital ships were among the Imperial fleet now, exchanging turbolaser fire. They would do more damage to the Star Destroyers than she ever could. Right now, her main concern was fighters. I will not lose another pilot...

She moved her squadron away to avoid the barrage from her own side. She and Lin chased three TIEs near the surface of another Star Destroyer. Tired of the pursuit, Lin fired torpedoes. One of the fighters avoided the bomb, which detonated on the capital ship's surface. It and the third Interceptor were taken out as Loth and Blade Four swooped in.

?Good job,? Hermione called out. ?Now??

Admiral Ackbar's excited voice interrupted them. ?The shield is down! Commence attack on the Death Star's main reactor!?

?We're on our way,? Lando announced. ?Red Group, Gold Group, all fighters follow me!?

Thanks, guys,
    Hermione thought. ?Let's go,? she said. ?We're not out of this yet.?

?Right with you, ma'am,? Linra'sin replied.

?Affirmative, Leader,? Loth seconded.

The squadron sped towards the Death Star.

24. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Excellent update. That was sick and evil Voldermort, and low, even for you.

Update soon

25. TigerofRobare

Jan 11, 2006
    Huh, Obi-wan's hair always looked redder to me.

Good update, Prophet!

Fortunently for Harry and company, the Emperor is really the last horcrux because of the Force-bond he did that made her into a Hand.

Or, at least, that would make everything simpler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.