main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga HARRY POTTER AND THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH (HP/SW OT-era crossover) Completed 6/16 Survey up 6/19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TheProphetOfSullust, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUIGONSGAL

QUIGONSGAL Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    I knew it! Mara is a bloody Horcrux! Ugh! What a revoltin' developmen this is. How is Harry supposed to kill someone who has a mind of her own, and is a fairly good person? I don't see him doing it. I see her doing it to save Harry.

Cool chappie, all in all. Voldie is a truly sick individual.

2. TheProphetOfSullust

TheProphetOfSullust Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    SuperSaiyaMan12: This is Voldemort we're talking about. The guy who jokes about his followers giving up their right hands for him... literally.

TigerofRobare: Sorry. Never saw any red in it. Palpatine's hair was red, though. I wonder why that hasn't produced speculation that Mara is Palpatine's daughter...

Simpler... maybe.

QUIGONSGAL: That's the point. But the thing is, you can justify it if you're inclined to... but it still leads to the dark side.

And some more of our favorite people show up... enjoy!

3. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    ?I thought so, Potter. How would you like a new nickname? 'The One Who Let the Dark Lord Live',? Voldemort mocked him. The Emperor looked at him intently.

Harry knew he had to make a decision. He raised his lightsaber, preparing to strike. ?To answer your question, Tom,? he said. ?Yes, I am still a Jedi.? With that, he threw the lightsaber at the Emperor.

The weapon was flung aside with ease. ?So be it... Jedi!? Palpatine said. He aimed one hand at Luke, the other at Harry, and streams of lightning hit both of them. Harry yelped and let go of his wand. His skin burned with pain. He now realized that the Emperor held most of his power back when Harry was his prisoner.

?Kill him, Lord Voldemort,? he heard Palpatine's voice. ?I have no more use for him. As for my traitorous Hand, we will reeducate her.?

He stopped the lightning. He could barely feel the relief when the pain returned again. ?Crucio,? Voldemort said.

Harry tried to summon the Force, but he was too weak. He tried to search for something, anything to anchor him. Ginny, I love you, he thought. It only helped slightly.

?You have lived nineteen years longer than you should have, Potter. But it is over now.? The Cruciatus Curse had lifted, but he was too weak to jump away, summon the lightsaber, or do anything at all. Voldemort stood over him, pointing a wand?Harry's wand?at him. ?Avada??

The shield was gone. The Imperials were either killed or surrendered. The combined army of rebels, wizards, and Ewoks was certainly unusual, but it proved itself effective. Come on, Hermione, he thought, looking up at the sky, where the Death Star still hung.

?Padma!? a panicked voice shouted from the forest. ?Ron!? another voice joined it.

Seamus and Parvati ran into the clearing. They looked afraid. ?What is it?? Ron asked.

He didn't need to wait for their answer. Roganda Ismaren ran into the clearing. Oh, no. How did we forget about her?

?Stupefy!? Ron fired a stunning spell. Roganda, though, managed to avoid getting hit, rolling on the ground. She threw her hand out, and the lightsaber Kyle took from her flew off Kyle's belt before he could do anything. She made another force-leap, avoiding stuns from Ginny, Susan, Neville, and Luna as well as Ron this time.

Kyle and Han opened fire with their blasters, but Roganda ignited the lightsaber and sent the bolts back their way. Neville and Luna had to throw up shields.

Ron wasn't sure he had the strength for another duel with Roganda. But there were still relatively fresh members of Dumbledore's Army... Neville, Luna, Daphne, Hannah Abbot, Terry Boot, Zacharias Smith... Ron stepped forward, motioning to them. Ginny and Susan were the first to join him. Neville and Luna followed, and soon, the entire wizarding contingent was facing Roganda. Even wounded Padma tried to make a move, although she stumbled almost immediately and had to be caught by Kyle.

?Surrender, Mrs. Snape,? Ron said. The whole group raised their wands.

Roganda laughed. ?You don't have a chance, you know,? she pointed at the Death Star in the sky.

She leaped again, right before dozens of spells were fired at the spot where she previously stood. Ron glanced, trying to determine where she would land.

She didn't land at all. Instead, a broomstick flew by, right into her. She caught it in mid-air, and sped away.

?Damn!? he cursed. ?Hannah, Ginny, Terry, you're the Quidditch players here.? He grabbed a broomstick, as did the others. ?Let's go.?

Within moments, the four of them were in the air, chasing Roganda.

They weren't having much success. Ron could see that Roganda was riding a very good broom. He was on a Nimbus 2000, still excellent but outdated by now.

Then three more broomstick riders rose from the forest to intercept Roganda. Ron soon recognized their flying styles.

?Fred! George! Charlie!? he called out.

?Ron!?

?Where were you!?

?Well,? Fred said, ?we were about to watch how the Imperials fell into a couple of very clever traps.?

?An

4. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Roganda=coward.

Please update soon. This was good.

5. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    I have to agree with SuperSayiaMan, Roganda=coward. All villains are.

In your story could a highly trained Jedi like Yoda use the Force to block the Killing Curse like the Dark Side lightning?

Good update.

6. Exxaciel

Exxaciel Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Yeah, like with a lightsaber?
    Prophet, you aren't going to kill them off NOW, are you? After you dragged them throught the entire OT?

I rather like these new postst. Darning irritating about Mara, though- I rather liked her.

And since when did old Lightning-Fingers have red hair?

7. QUIGONSGAL

Jun 12, 2005
    Good post. Hurray for Gred and Forge! I always did have a soft spot for those two mischief makers. Now, all that's left to do is smear Roganda like a cockroach, get rid of Palpy and Voldy, hopefully keep Mara alive, redeem Anakin, and have everybody live happily ever after.

8. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    It's good to see some more of the Weasley boys... what could be more fun than Fred and George to cause trouble? :p

Good to see that the sheild was brought down.. I hope that Roganda is done for now.

Things are not looking good on the Death Star now [face_worried]

great updates

jcs

9. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    I finally got round to reading this story! Great job TheProphetOfSullust! I can't wait to find out what will happen next with Harry, Luke and Mara.

I think you have done a really good job of this crossover!!!

Thanks for a great story! I look forward to the next chapter!

10. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    SuperSaiyaMan12: True. Thanks.

TigerofRobare: I wouldn't say Dooku was a coward. And if anyone can block curses, it's Vader... they might not work on his mechanical hands.

Exxaciel: Curses are generally more spread out than blaster bolts, so it would be difficult. And Palpatine's hair was still reddish in TPM (it's gone white by AOTC, either due to pressures of the office or because of the dark side. Or both.) :p

QUIGONSGAL: Do you really think it'll happen that way?

jaina_clan_solo: Well, yes. And Roganda... you'll see.

Diamond_Revelation: Welcome. Thank you.

Well... things are getting resolved now. You might like it... or not.

11. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Chapter 60.

Voldemort suddenly twisted around, igniting his lightsaber, just as Mara Jade was practically flying towards him. With a snap-hiss, her own blue blade flared up. Voldemort struck before she landed.

Harry watched in shock as Voldemort and Mara collapsed to the floor, their lightsaber blades buried in each other.

?You?? Voldemort spoke his last word.

?Mara!? Harry yelled. Mara Jade was still clutching her lightsaber, despite an enormous hole in her chest where Voldemort plunged his. She fell into Harry's arms.

?Oh, no...?

Harry picked Mara up and walked downstairs. Luke was down there. Vader was leaning against the railing, one of his hands cut off. There was no sign of the Emperor.

?Luke!?

?Harry!?

?What happened??

?Vader's gone,? Luke said. Harry stared at him, then looked at Vader.

?This is Anakin Skywalker,? Luke said. ?My father.?

?You turned him back??

Luke nodded. ?He killed Palpatine. What happened to you??

?Mara killed Voldemort... but he struck her.? Harry laid Mara down.

?We better get out of here,? Luke said.

Harry nodded. Luke picked up his father, and Harry carried Mara out into the elevator.

Hermione felt the danger before she saw it. Her instruments only showed three TIE interceptors approaching them, but as soon as she looked at them, she felt cold. They had the red markings, just like the fighters that destroyed a quarter of their squadron within seconds.

?Watch out!? she warned the squadron. Then, she turned her X-wing towards the Imperials. She wouldn't give them a chance to get close and wreak havoc. She fired a pair of torpedoes.

The fighters immediately broke formation. Hermione cursed, watching the missiles miss. She opened fire with her lasers.

Fortunately, her pilots were ready, and were making evasive maneuvers. And there were seven of them to three Imperials. It's nice to have numbers on our side for once.

?Four, get on my tail. Eight, come about right,? she ordered. ?Twe??

But Linra'sin knew what to do. As soon as the fighter chasing Eight turned to follow it, she dropped behind it.

The Interceptor was faster, and got out of Lin's field of fire before she could destroy it. But the Imperial had not counted on Hermione being only a quick turn away. With a few laser bolts from her fighter, he was space dust.

Alarms rang out as Hermione was hit from behind by another fighter. She boosted her shields to maximum, which helped?but only a little.

Her rear shields suddenly did collapse when the Interceptor exploded. She saw Loth fly by her, and she realized he must have used a torpedo. ?Thanks,? she managed.

Turning about, she saw the remaining Imperial chasing another of her X-wings, Blade Two. None of them would get there in time, and the TIE was catching up.

She fired two torpedoes, which locked onto the Imperial. He noticed and tried to avoid them... too late. Both missiles struck.

?Two, you all right??

?Nothing major,? the reply came.

Hermione breathed a sigh of relief. She now had to think. Taking the entire squadron into the Death Star was a bad idea... some fighters should remain outside, in case another attempt is needed.

?Eleven and Twelve,? she said. ?Follow me. Four, you're in command.?

?Roger, Leader.?

?Concentrate all fire on that Super Star Destroyer,? Ackbar commanded.

?That's your job, Four,? Hermione said. ?Good luck.?

And with that, she, Loth, and Linra'sin plunged their fighters into the bowels of the battlestation.

12. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    ...Mara's...Dead...:_|

No! Now Luke won't have a love interest.

Please update soon. You're updating faster than John the Visionary did with his Rurouni Kenshin/Lord of the Rings crossover.

13. QUIGONSGAL

Jun 12, 2005
    Of course I don't expect it to happen that way. I was being a weensy bit sarcastic. Too bad about Mara, but at least Moldy shorts is out of the picture.

You redeemed Vader, so that's okay. Palpy is gone, which is all to the good.

Now Luke is going to have to look for a new love interest.

14. masterjedi343

masterjedi343 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 26, 2005
    :eek: voldemorts dead! too bad about mara though.cant wait for the next update though :D

15. jaina_clan_solo

Dec 14, 2005
    Glad to hear that both Palpatine and Voldemort are dead... but :( that means that Mara is dead too... seeing as how she was a horcrux, Voldemort won't stay dead unless she's dead. :(

And now it's up to Hermione and her team to destroy the Death Star... [face_worried] but those TIE's with red markings might make things difficult.

jcs

16. TigerofRobare

Jan 11, 2006
    Good update. Mara isn't really dead, is she? A little stasis/healing trance plus a trip to Saint Mungo's should have her up and trying to kill Luke in no time.

Ah, who am I kidding, this story's too dark for that, but a man can dream, can't he? CAN'T HE?

17. Exxaciel

Mar 10, 2005
    (shocked face)
    You killed Mara? That's not very good... at least she got Voldemort.
    (Looks at checklist)
    Okay, Voldy's dead, Anakin redeemed, Palpy's MIA, so all we have to do is blow the Death Star and wipe whatherface on the broom off of the map.
    Good post.

18. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    I don't believe that Mara is actually dead! I am in denial!

I am looking forward to finding out exactly what will happen now that Voldemort is dead and all the hogwarts students have to go back!

Thanks again

19. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    SuperSaiyaMan12: Well, yes. And who says Luke won't have a love interest?

QUIGONSGAL: Yes, I didn't like killing Mara either. But I had to for the story to work.

masterjedi343: Finally, right? I really hesitated before killing Mara.

TigerofRobare: Well... you'll see.

Exxaciel: Not good indeed.

Diamond_Revelation: And your evidence is? As for what happens... you'll see.

OK, this post is short... but all doubts on at least one issue should be cleared up. Enjoy!

20. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    In the vast corridors of the Death Star, panic reigned. Imperial soldiers ran in all directions, fires erupted all over the place. Loud explosions thundered throughout the station. Harry, already exhausted from the battle, could hardly breathe by the time they reached a small hangar, which, fortunately, had an operational shuttle.

Luke, equally exhausted, lay his father's body down. ?Luke,? Vader said. ?Help me take this mask off.?

?But you will die,? Luke protested.

?Nothing can stop that now,? Vader replied. ?Just for once... let me look on you with my own eyes.?

Luke began to take off Vader's helmet. Harry turned to Mara. ?Are you all right?? But he didn't need to ask the question to see that she wasn't. Luke paused in his work, and took Mara's hand. Mara looked at him and smiled.

?Mara,? Harry said. ?You can't die??

?Now,? Anakin Skywalker?a very pale, hairless man beneath the black mask?said, ?go, my son. Leave me.?

Harry looked at Luke for a moment, before turning back to Mara. ?I am already gone, Harry,? she said. ?I??'

?No!? Harry protested, and was suddenly joined by Luke. ?No!? he repeated. ?Just because you were a Horcrux??

?Am a Horcrux, Harry. Can you??

Harry knew that once an object became a Horcrux, it remained so until it was destroyed as to be unrecognizable. A living Horcrux had to be killed. But Mara...

?You already have, Luke,? Anakin said. ?You were right about me. Tell your sister... you were right.?

Sister? OK, I'll ask him later, Harry thought.

Anakin suddenly extended a black-gloved hand towards Harry. Instinctively, he knew what it was the man who was Darth Vader wanted. He gave him a firm handshake.

The hand went limp as Harry shook it. Anakin Skywalker was dead.

They turned to Mara. Her breathing was becoming erratic. ?Mara!? Luke said. ?No!?

?Goodbye, Harry,? she whispered. ?Thank you. Goodbye... Luke.? Her bright green eyes, just like Harry's, slowly closed. Then her breathing ceased.

Harry and Luke both cried as they looked at the body. Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand, clone of Lily Evans Potter, Imperial traitor, the final Horcrux, and Voldemort's last victim. The body flickered, and vanished into thin air, leaving behind a gray jumpsuit, a utility belt, and a lightsaber.

21. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Wow, nice short update.

22. Exxaciel

Mar 10, 2005
    (whimper)
    That's not fair. I liked Mara. Pity you didn't save Skywalker.
    So, what is everyone going to do when they get back to Hogwarts, anyway?

23. TigerofRobare

Jan 11, 2006
    Good, good, good update. I'm sorry to say I really did not feel it in this update, the death of Anakin and Mara, I mean. But I watched a very bad movie today and I'm sort of numb.

24. jaina_clan_solo

Dec 14, 2005
    :( I can't believe Mara's actually dead :( Even though I knew Voldemort wouldn't stay dead any other way.

I did get the sense that she knew that her death would mean something.

good update

jcs

25. Dymero

Dymero Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2004
    Seems that I caught up at a good time. It's all coming to a close. But, I must say...longest story I've ever read. But, that didn't matter, since it's been a good one. Excellent work!

Although, I'm confused about a few details, mostly ones relating to HBP and this story. I know that it was a task for you that some things had to change when it came out.

Can't wait to read the end!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.