Saga HARRY POTTER AND THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH (HP/SW OT-era crossover) Completed 6/16 Survey up 6/19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TheProphetOfSullust, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Lady_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Harry heard Hermione snort to herself, and he was pretty sure that had to do with the expression "one-man" that Dodonna used. Hermione was the only female pilot in the room.

Go Hermione!! I'm sure she'll do fine.

"What's the Imperius curse?"Han asked, suddenly curious.

"A spell to make someone else do what you want them to do," Harry explained.

Han's mouth flew open. "Oh, no," he gave them an assured look. "I'm leaving right now, before you try any of your tricks."

[face_laugh] Oh gosh, I can't wait to see the final fight.

2. ShrunkenJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This is going quickly! Great! The Force be with them!

I understand Hermione being a bit defensive and all ;) ...but Han better be careful! :D
  3. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Ooh, what's going to happen?

Maybe Hermione'll curse Han someday out of exasperation. :D Just kidding.

Thanks for the post, Prophet! Can't wait for more. :)
  4. c_owensby Force Ghost

star 3
    Great post. I can't wait to see what happens next. :)
  5. TheProphetOfSullust Force Ghost

star 4
    ShrunkenJedi: Yes, Han better be careful.

The conclusion to chapter 9 is in the next post, and tomorrow... the battle begins.
  6. TheProphetOfSullust Force Ghost

star 4
    The Princess was waiting near the ships. She looked them over and frowned.

?What's wrong?? she asked Luke.

?Ah, it's Han,? he sighed. ?I really thought he'd change his mind.?

?He's got to follow his own path, no one can choose it for him,? Leia said philosophically. Harry was reminded at what he told Ron just a little while ago about choices. He had to agree with the principle, but no one told him he couldn't disagree with the choice Han made.

Leia gave Luke a quick kiss and headed away. At the hangar door, she turned and gave Harry and Hermione a long and thoughtful look.

?May the Force be with you,? she said.

?Good luck,? Ron said as he stood up to leave.

Harry shook his hand. Hermione gave him a hug. At the door he turned and gave his pilot friends a smile of encouragement.

?What if this is the last time we see each other?? Hermione's question was chilling, doubly so because Harry was thinking it as well. Probably everyone on this base is thinking the same thing right now, Harry thought.

?Don't say that,? he said aloud. ?It won't happen.?

?Harry, Hermione,? Luke came up to them, ?This is my friend Biggs Darklighter,? he introduced a young man with unruly black hair and weathered face like Luke's.

?Nice to meet you,? Harry said and shook the man's hand.

An older man they knew as Red Leader approached them.

?You sure you can handle this?? he asked.

?Sir,? Biggs admonished him, ?Luke's the best bush-pilot in the Outer Rim territories.?

?You'll do all right,? he said. ?And what about you two?? he turned to the wizards. ?Harry Potter and Hermione Granger..? he stared in thought. Harry saw Wedge Antilles leave his fighter and approach their group. ?Don't worry, Wedge,? Red Leader said. ?I'm not going to throw them out. It's not like they'd let me if I wanted to. Get to your ships,? he ordered. ?I've just received a message from Dodonna. The Death Star is in this system."

Harry smiled at Hermione, who suddenly embraced him. ?As they say here,? she whispered, ?May the Force be with you.?

?You, too,? was all Harry could reply before she headed to her fighter. Harry took a deep breath and left for his.

Harry got into his X-Wing, and a small astromech droid?R5-Q7, as he was told when he got it assigned to him?was lowered into the back. It beeped confidently. Harry chuckled. The technician smiled at him, and closed the cockpit. Harry, on his side, hermetically sealed it with a push of a button.

?Red Squadron, you are clear for departure,? a voice in his helmet headphones announce.

Harry saw X-Wings with red markings take off one after another. He activated his own repulsorlifts, which gently raised his fighter into the air. He flew through the hangar door and turned upward, following the rest of the squadron. He looked around. Hermione was slightly behind and to the left, close enough for him to see her face and wave as she accelerated her craft to fly past him. She waved back. Harry closed his eyes and relaxed to prepare himself for the battle.
  7. Lady_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Go get 'em guys!!!!! :D

I can't wait to see how Harry Hermione do in battle.
  8. c_owensby Force Ghost

star 3
    Good post. I can't wait to see how the battle goes. :)
  9. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
  10. astroanna Force Ghost

star 4
    :eek:

You know, I saw the title of this thread and didn't really know what to expect but I have to say this is quite a ride...

I'm a huge fan of both SW and HP, and I'm truly impressed at how seamlessly you interwove these two giants of modern fantasy...

Bravo! :)

I'm eagerly awaiting the final battle! :D
  11. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5

And the battle begins...

* making popcorn * ;)
  12. masterjedi343 Force Ghost

star 5
    post more soooon im addicted to this story now! :p
  13. green_eyes Jedi Knight

star 3
    Please do not post in the story forums to advertise your friend's site.

- Herman
  14. TheProphetOfSullust Force Ghost

star 4
    green_eyes: I'd be honored, but I'm assuming that the story has to be complete. And there's absolutely no way that I'll finish by the 15th. Maybe next year.

OK... the moment you've all been waiting for. Chapter 10, which covers the battle is, understandably, long. I've first considered splitting it into 3 posts, but decided it wasn't that long. So, here's part 1, and part 2 will appear Monday morning. And yes, there's a cliffhanger.
  15. TheProphetOfSullust Force Ghost

star 4
    Chapter 10.

Ron sat next to Leia in the command and control center. The screen showed a symbolic representation of the planet Yavin, the Imperial battle station behind it and the fighters heading towards it. General Dodonna stood next to them, silent. Ron could practically feel the tension in the room.

?The future of a galaxy in the hands of two dozen people,? someone murmured.

The simple statement made Ron feel like it was the middle of winter again. ?Can we hope?? he whispered.

?We must,? answered Leia. ?Hope is what the Rebellion is made of.?

Meanwhile, over a hundred thousand miles away, the pilots were approaching their target.

?All wings report in,? ordered Red Leader.

?Red Ten, standing by,? the first reply came.

?Red Seven, standing by.?

?Red Three, standing by,? Biggs called in.

?Red Six, standing by,? a fat man named Jek Porkins reported.

?Red Nine, standing by.?

?Red Two, standing by,? called Wedge.

?Red Eleven, standing by.?

?Red Four, standing by,? Harry said softly.

?Red Eight, standing by,? echoed Hermione.

?Red Five, standing by,? Luke finished the roll call.

?Lock S-foils in attack position,? Red Leader commanded.

Harry pushed a button on his control board, splitting the wings of the fighter into the shape that gave it its name.

?We're passing through the magnetic field. Hold tight!? the squadron commander warned.

?Look at the size of that thing!? Wedge said in awe.

?Cut the chatter, Red Two,? Red Leader castigated him. ?Accelerate to attack speed.?

Harry did so. The imperial behemoth now covered his whole view. Even without the enormous indentation that formed the dish of its main weapon, it could not be taken for a natural moon at this range. He heard others, who were seeing this for the first time, gasp.

Then the surface of the station erupted with green turbolaser bolts. But the fighters were so nimble that the bright green beams flew through space where fighters were two, three, even five seconds ago. Harry had to put in almost no effort in evading them.

?Red Leader, this is Gold Leader,? the commander of the Y-Wing squadron called out.

?I copy, Gold Leader,? Harry's commander replied.

?We're starting for the target shaft now,? Gold Leader announced.

?We're in position,? Red Leader answered. ?I'm going to cut across the axis and draw their fire.?

The squadrons broke off from each other. Harry's unit prepared to attack the turbolaser batteries on the surface. Wedge dived first.

?Heavy fire, boss!? he yelled. ?Twenty-three degrees!?

?I see it,? acknowledged Red Leader. ?Stay low.?

?This is Red Five,? Luke reported. ?I'm going in.?

Harry saw Luke make a run on one of the fire points, hurling red bolts out of his wingtips. Then a huge fireball erupted on the station, and Luke flew right into it.

?Luke, pull up!? Biggs shouted to his friend.

?Luke!? Harry gasped before the Red Five fighter vanished into the explosion it created.

?I got a little a little cooked, but I'm okay,? Luke relieved his friends as he emerged from the glowing plasma.

Then Hermione prepared to make her own run. ?I'm going in,? she called out.

?Red Four, cover Red Eight,? Red Leader ordered Harry, who was about to do that anyway. ?Check, Red Leader,? he answered.

?Harry,? Hermione said, ?Are you detecting all that EM output??

?Harry looked at his instruments. ?Right. Fifteen degrees south,? he answered.

?Let's take it out,? she suggested. ?I think it's a detector.?

?Okay,? Harry got ready.

Hermione unleashed a barrage from her laser cannons. Only the last bolt impacted and scorched the gleaming metal surface.

?It's got shields!? Hermione realized as she was pulling up.

?Not anymore!? Harry said, and showered it with bolts of his own. The small tower exploded into millions of fragments.

?Nice shot, Red Four,? Red Leader congratulated him.

?Squad leaders,? a transmission from the base came in, ?We've picked up a new group of signals. Enemy fighters heading your way.?

?My scope's negati
  16. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5

Enjoying the attack with the new players...and poor Hermione had to be hit!!! :(

You're really ratcheting up the suspense, aren't you? ;)

Great job!
  17. Lady_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Go Harry and Hermione!!! =D=

?I'm hit!? Hermione yelled.

:eek: That's an EXTREMELY evil cliffie!!!!!!
  18. c_owensby Force Ghost

star 3
    Great post. I hate that Hermoine got hit though. What a way to leave everyone in suspense. :p
  19. ShrunkenJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Truly evil cliffie, indeed :p -- I'm sure she'll get out of it, though. Question is how! ;)

The imperials are putting up something of a fight, though... nice work!
  20. masterjedi343 Force Ghost

star 5
    yes it was a evil cliffe but the force is w/ hermonie ;)

cant wait to read more...good job btw
  21. Geith_Jiseo Jedi Knight

star 3
    You're doing a fantastic job with this story, Prophet. I'm loving every minute of it. Keep it up! =D=
  22. astroanna Force Ghost

star 4
    <<Then Hermione prepared to make her own run. ?I'm going in,? she called out.

?Red Four, cover Red Eight,? Red Leader ordered harry, who was about to do that anyway.>>

:)

I like how you kept Harry's instincts tuned to keeping Hermione out of danger, very much in character... nice job!! :D

Looking forward to the conclusion! :)
  23. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    :eek:

That is one evil] cliffie.

Good post, Prophet! :)
  24. TheProphetOfSullust Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm an evil person.

Conclusion of the battle in the next post, and the next update will be Wednesday morning.

So, the answer as to who will destroy the Death Star...
  25. TheProphetOfSullust Force Ghost

star 4
    Before the enemy could do any more damage, Porkins destroyed it.

?Are you okay?? Harry called out.

?Yeah, it's not bad,? she replied, breathing heavily. ?My droid will try to repair it.?

The last fighter was flying away from the trio, deciding that the odds were against it. He evaded Harry's bolts, flew straight into Porkins' field of fire, and was gone.

?Ugh?,? Harry breathed out. ?That was close. Where's everyone else??

?Harry! Hermione!? Luke's voice erupted in their headphones. ?Are you all right??

?We're fine, where's Red Leader?? asked Harry.

?Gone,? Luke said. ?Biggs and Wedge are gonna make the next attack run with me. If we fail, it's up to you.?

?Check, Red Five,? Porkins acknowledged. They flew high above the station, while Luke, Wedge and Biggs headed for the surface.

?Harry! Look what's happening!? Hermione cried. ?Those three fighters got behind them?they'll destroy them before they reach the target!?

?So what do we do?? Harry wondered.

?I'll get behind the fighters, in the trench. You keep other enemy fighters busy so no one gets behind me.?

?Affirmative, Red Eight,? Porkins replied.

Hermione veered off, got into the trench and followed the three TIE fighters, the middle one of which was bigger than the others and had unusual angled wings. Harry and Porkins remained at altitude.

?There's two of them, trying to go after your friend,? Porkins announced.

?I see them,? Harry switched his lasers to half-power and gave a rapid fire spread. Porkins did the same. While none of the bolts hit, the two Imperials had to fly off instead of getting into the trench.

?Let's follow them, Red Six,? Harry told Porkins.

The other pilot, concentrating on his flying, did not reply. He turned left, while Harry headed to the right. What neither of them realized was that the TIE pilot on the left, instead of flying away, was circling a nearby tower. Thus, when Porkins made his U-turn, the roles of pursuer and pursued were the reverse of what they were supposed to be.

?He's behind me!? Porkins cried out.

?Hang on,? Harry called, abandoning pursuit of his own TIE. I'll get him.?

He got behind the enemy fighter, skimming the surface of the station. He caught it in his targeting computer...

Too late. The TIE's bolts might have left their barrels microseconds before Harry's, but they had left. Harry flew through the explosions of two fighters, rather than one.

?No!? he screamed. He was already beginning to consider the pilot, who reminded him of Hagrid because of his size, a friend. And now...

He almost didn't notice his own fighter's alarms ringing out. Looking at his sensors, he realized that the fighter he stopped chasing to try to save Porkins had doubled back and was now chasing him. And he lost his deflectors when he flew through the debris of the enemy and Porkins' fighters.

The TIE's bolt found its mark. Harry suddenly found it very difficult to maneuver, but his reflexes let him compensate. He looked at the instruments.

?I've lost number two engine,? he said. ?Someone get this fighter off my back.?

?Be right there, Red Four,? Wedge assured him. Before Harry could respond, the other pilot said in a commanding tone, ?Pull up... now!?

Doing so, Harry saw a glimpse of the flash behind him, and Wedge's fighter, flying over him, moments later.

?Thanks, Wedge,? he followed the other pilot over the trench. ?What happened??

?I got hit, and Luke told me to pull out,? Antilles explained.

?Where are they?? Harry asked.

?There... I see them! But... where's Biggs?!?

?Dead,? Hermione said. ?That strange fighter shot him down. I'm trying to get him before he does the same to Luke.?

?Check, Red Eight,? Wedge said tensely. ?We'll keep fighters off your back. If Luke fails, try to make the shot yourself,? he instructed. ?I don't know if we can make it down the trench without deflectors.?

?Got it, Red Two,? Hermione replied, and accelerated even more. She prepared to fire at the strange-looking TIE.

What she didn't plan for was that tha
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.