main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga HARRY POTTER AND THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH (HP/SW OT-era crossover) Completed 6/16 Survey up 6/19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TheProphetOfSullust, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUIGONSGAL

QUIGONSGAL Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Wowza! What a heck of an update! I haven't been keeping up with the previous ones, so I was a bit out of the loop.

I'm sorry about Mara, I kind of liked her.

Loved the way you got rid of Roganda. Falling from x-feet high and becoming forest floor pizza. What a way to go!

Loved how the twins put that anti-theft jinx on their brooms. As for what the broom turned into, was it a live rabbit, or a toy rabbit?

I hate to think of some poor fluffy little bunny rabbit falling to its doom.

2. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    One more post to go, I guess. Excellent update by the way.

3. Exxaciel

Exxaciel Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    This was good. Keep the twins's stuff away from the non-humans. You know which set I'm talking about.

4. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Great denoument started here.

Yeah, that'd be great if you could pm about your stories on FF.net.

You wouldn't mind if I alluded to you in a story, would you?

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    From Chapter 62?

?It turns a broomstick,? George said, taking out his wand, ?into a fluffy pink rabbit.?

Hee hee! You?re getting the twins perfectly characterized! I love that anti-theft spell!

From chapter 63?

Awww?. I loved Jan and Ron?s talk!

And now I?m sad that w?ere so close to the end! ::sniff:: :)

6. masterjedi343

masterjedi343 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 26, 2005
    aweome updates.and can i have those links to the stories for your FF.net stuff id like to read them whenever you get them up.

7. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I absolutely loved Fred and George's anti-theft system!! just perfectly them-- I also think that Ron was completely justified in worrying about having to get the two of them out of the brig. They would probably get locked up in record time :p

Great talk between Jan and Ron.

=D= this has been an amazing story-- I'm sad to see it coming to a close

jcs

8. TheProphetOfSullust

TheProphetOfSullust Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    QUIGONSGAL: Well, I made her a Horcrux, so I had to kill her. And I thought Roganda would be difficult to get with a spell or a blaster...

It was a toy rabbit. The idea just came spontaneously, and I immediately thought the twins would pull off something like that.

SuperSaiyaMan12: There's more than one... thought I won't say how many, exactly.

Exxaciel: Thanks. And yes, the Skywalker twins are quite safe.

TigerofRobare: So far, the only thing I have at FFN are also stories that I have here, including this one, although I'm farther behind there. My profile is jedi-from-mordor. And what do you mean, by alluded? Use my OCs? If so, go ahead. If it's something else, I'd like to know what it is first.

Idrelle_Miocovani: Thanks. Like I said, ideas about the twins generally come in spontaneously.

And thanks for the compliment on Jan and Ron. Fluff doesn't come naturally to me, unlike battle scenes. And yes, we're close.

masterjed313: Well, TFN has a policy against linking to FFN, since FFN allows R-rated stories. But I gave you my profile above, and you can check it periodically. So far, all the stories there can also be found in my profile here, and they're farther along here.

jaina_clan_solo: Thank you. And yes, they probably would end up in the brig... Which just gave me the idea... could someone photoshop the Weasley twins in imperial uniforms, standing in front of Darth Vader? The whole picture makes you think of so many possibilities...

But yes, everything has to end...

More fluff... and fun. We do have to settle something, though... enjoy!

9. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Despite her exhaust, Hermione knew she couldn't sleep. Soon after the battle, she managed to contact the ground team, and learned that Ron, Ginny, Jan, Han, and Leia were still alive... and that almost the entire Dumbledore's Army showed up on the moon to fight. There was still, however, no word from either Harry or Luke...

Her squadron turned out to be quite fortunate. Erad Loth safely made it out of the Death Star along with Wedge and Lando. Considering the odds they faced, to have six pilots out of twelve survive was almost a miracle. Among the twelve squadrons of Red, Gold, Green, and Grey groups, only the Rogues fared better, with eight survivors.

And everyone said she deserved the credit for it. She'd been effectively in command for more than half of the battle, and every pilot remembered her saving their life at least once. Most even said she was a much better leader than Pash.

Hermione sighed. After the memorial service for the whole fleet, followed by a short service for Blade Squadron, over which she had to preside, she just wanted time to think. They won here, true. But what happened to Harry? Was about Voldemort? And what was she going to do now that there apparently was a way to travel between their two worlds?

A knock interrupted her thoughts. ?Come in,? she said.

Wedge entered. ?Hermione,? he said.

?Wedge.? She hugged him.

?Sorry I didn't come earlier. We had a service, and then, I had no idea you went here.?

?It's all right. I was thinking.?

?I know.?

?So what's going on??

He smiled. ?Luke contacted me.?

?Luke? And??

?He and Harry are all right. They're both on the planet below.?

?And??

?He said that Harry will tell everyone what happened later.?

?Luke said that? You mean, you didn't talk to Harry??

?Harry was... away. At least, that's the word Luke used.?

Hermione laughed. ?I think I can guess where... or at least, with whom.?

Wedge's face turned more serious for a moment. ?You want to go down to the planet??

?Sure,? she agreed. She had no intention to wait for her friends up here.

?Come on,? Wedge put his arm around her. ?And Hermione...?

?What is it with you and your fighters' wings? You break one in every battle.?

?I didn't at Suran.?

?No. There, it was the whole fighter.?

She chuckled. ?You should be glad that it wasn't anything more substantial... like my head.?

?I am. You have no idea how glad I am.? He kissed her.

?Wedge!? She chided, but didn't stop him.

The shuttle ride was short... or maybe, she just thought it was short. But when they got out, Hermione took a very deep breath. She hasn't smelled a forest for ages.

In the distance, many bright fires were burning. They headed in that direction.

?What are you going to do now??

?What do you mean??

?Well, people from your world showed up here, right? That means there is a way back for you and your friends. Will you go
    back??

?Yes, at least for a while. I have to see my parents, assure them that I'm all right.?

?Will you stay there??

?I... I don't know.?

?Hermione,? he said.

?Yes??

He stopped, and turned her head around. Looking into her eyes, he whispered, ?I love you.?

?I love you, Wedge.?

?Hermione, I've been in love with you for a long time?certainly longer than you knew about it. You're the best companion I've ever had?in anything. I realize you have to return to your world now, but... I want us to have a future. Together.? He took her hand, and got on his knee. ?Hermione Jane Granger,? he looked up at her, and, with his free hand, pulled a ring, ?will you marry me??

10. masterjedi343

masterjedi343 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 26, 2005
    :eek: :eek: WOAH I DIDNT EXPECT THAT! =D= =D= awesome update!!! but if hermonie goes home will wedge follow her?(If she says yes)

11. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Wow...Wedge proposing, nice touch. And I think the Wizards better stay...the Empire is still out there...

Nice Job=D=

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    EEEEEEEEEK!!!

I love this fic! [face_love]

So wasn't expecting that. Hermione has to accept! And now she has to face a very important decision... stay, or go back?

I think she'll stay.

13. TigerofRobare

Jan 11, 2006
    Wow. Wedge is going at it faster than I expected.

By alluded I meant, well I am planning on having Yoda or Obi-wan in my story "Little Green DADA Teacher" say something along the lines of "You mean the Sullustan's prophecies?"

14. QUIGONSGAL

Jun 12, 2005
    Hokey smokes! I wasn't expecting that to happen! That's awesome! I love it. Hermione and Wedge, sittin' in a tree-ee, K-I-S-S-I-N-GEEE, first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage, suckin' his thumb, wettin' his pants, doin' a hula-hula dance.

Sorry. I just had to get that out of my system.

15. jaina_clan_solo

Dec 14, 2005
    :eek: I wasn't expecting that! Hermione has a difficult decision ahead of her-- stay or go. She will have to consider carefully.

looking forward to seeing what happens next

jcs

16. Exxaciel

Mar 10, 2005
    Never heard the extended version of that ditty before.

Wait...
    HOLY CRAP GO WEDGE AND HERMIONE!!!

Is that really her middle name?

This was awesome!

17. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    masterjedi343: Why not? And it's probably Hermione who's going to stay...

SuperSaiyaMan12: True. Thanks.

Idrelle_Miocovani: Thanks. So do I.

TigerofRobare: Why? The relationship has already lasted over a year. And that's absolutely fine. The prophet part of my screen name wasn't inspired by Star Wars at all.

QUIGONSGAL: Thank you... sure... whatever you say.

jaina_clan_solo: You're right... and fun stuff happens next.

Exxaciel: Thanks. And yes, her middle name is Jane. Harry Potter canon is simpler than that of SW, although there are certain issues. The middle name is never explicitly mentioned in the books, but comes from one of JKR's interviews. Certain other factoids (Ginny's full name being Ginevra, all the Weasleys' birthdays (April 1 for the twins :p), Hagrid being in Gryffindor while at Hogwarts) have the same status. These are things not important enough to the plot to fit into the books. Harry Potter books are all about plot. When JKR is asked questions that are important to the plot, she hedges, gives vague hints, and avoids answering. So no... Hermione's middle name is not vital to the plot (except maybe in an interesting parallel betweent the only other character with that name... Dolores Jane Umbridge).

And now... things are coming to an end. The penultimate post.

18. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Chapter 64.

Harry didn't know how long they had spent at the funeral pyre, but evening was already settling in. Fireworks erupted in the sky above them.

?Harry?? He turned, but he hardly needed to do so to recognize that voice.

?Ginny!?

?You're back! Where were you? Everyone's so worried!?

?Luke, will you be all right?? Harry asked.

?Sure, go ahead,? he said.

He led Ginny away. ?Yes, Ginny, I'm back.?

?Did you??

?Did I defeat Voldemort?? Harry asked, a twinkle in his eye. ?Not without help... can't even take most of the credit, really... but yes, he is gone.?

?Is the emperor is dead too? I've heard rumors, but??

?Yes, he's gone too. And Darth Vader. So both our worlds can celebrate now.?

?Oh, Harry!? she yelled, and gave him a very fierce kiss. ?I knew you could do this!?

?Ginny...? he whispered, but then his mouth was smothered in another kiss.

?Harry, promise me you won't leave me like that again.?

Harry breathed. ?I may have to leave you sometimes,? he said. ?But no... not like this. I doubt there will ever be anything as dangerous as this... and I'm glad of that.?

?So am I,? Ginny replied.

?I love you, Ginny Weasley.?

?I love you.?

?Yes, Wedge. I will,? Hermione answered, tears in her eyes. ?I love you.?

Wedge slipped the ring onto her finger. ?And how about we join the festivities?? he suggested. Fireworks began exploding overhead.

Hermione nodded. ?Interesting place,? she commented as they headed into the tree village.

?Hermione!? she heard Ron's voice.

?Wedge!? Luke shouted.

They approached, and Ron encased Hermione in a hug. ?We won!? he said.

?Hey, Hermione,? Neville greeted her.

It took quite a while for everyone to greet and congratulate them. Listening around, Hermione already learned that Luke and Leia were siblings, and that Snape had showed up. Both of these facts surprised her. Ron just began telling them about the chase when she suddenly stopped.

?Ron? Did you just say Roganda Ismaren was here??

?She was.?

?Damn, my trap wasn't effective.?

?It was the best you could do,? Wedge assured her. ?Don't worry. It turned out all right.?

Ron nodded. ?I doubt I would be able to do as much,? he said. ?But here's a shock: Roganda and Snape were married.?

?What?!?

?I'm not kidding. She told me that herself. Apparently, it's been quite a while.?

?But that means we're not the first people from our world to come here, right??

?No, it's not.?

?Speaking of that,? Hermione said, ?We have an announcement to make.?

?Go on, Hermione,? Wedge said.

?Wedge and I,? she said, ?are getting married!?

?Is that supposed to be a surprise?? Ron asked. ?Congratulations!?

?You too??

?What do you mean?? she turned to see who asked the question. It was Terry Boot.

?Well, Hannah and I... got engaged today as well.?

?Congratulations,? a new voice interrupted them, ?both of you.?

?Harry!? Hermione shouted as Harry and Ginny walked towards them, hand in hand.

Ron looked at them. ?He didn't...?

?Not yet,? Harry smiled cryptically. Ginny blushed.

?Sure, mate,? Ron patted him on the back.

?That reminds me,? Harry said. He reached into his pocket and took out Ron's wand.

?You got it? But you said??

?That I'd ask Darth Vader to return it. Well, that's... sort of what happened. But it's not my place to tell the full story. You'd have to ask Luke for that.?

?But You-Know-Who??

?Voldemort, Palpatine, and Vader are gone. That's certain. Mara... is dead.? He turned grim for a few seconds. Then he leaned down to and kissed Ginny.

?Hem, hem.?

The reaction from those who knew Umbridge was instantaneous. Ginny, Ron, and Hermione reached for their wands. Harry turned and ignited his lightsaber. They all blushed, since the person standing behind them was Professor McGonagall.

?Professor, students find you scary enough as it is,? Ginny said.

McGonagall gave her a stern look, but then smiled. ?Mr. Potter, did you say that... Voldemort,? she finally breathed out, ?is dead??

19. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Wow. Hermoine accepted, they are all going their seperate ways, Ginny and Harry together, man, that's a lot of stuff. And Harry becoming the new defense of the Dark Arts teacher? What's next?

Awesome update. You planning on writing another story in the future?

20. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Awwwwww! People are getting engaged all around!

?Hem, hem.?

The reaction from those who knew Umbridge was instantaneous. Ginny, Ron, and Hermione reached for their wands. Harry turned and ignited his lightsaber. They all blushed, since the person standing behind them was Professor McGonagall.

?Professor, students find you scary enough as it is,? Ginny said.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

LOL!

21. jaina_clan_solo

Dec 14, 2005
    I think it's very appropriate that Harry is going to become the next Defense Against Dark Arts teacher-- who else in the HP universe knows as much about fighting the Dark Arts.

I think that it's great having Ron, Harry, and Hermione acting as liasons between the two universes.

Can't wait to see what happens next

jcs

22. Exxaciel

Mar 10, 2005
    It's over... (sniff)
    Great ending. Does Harry take the job? He'd be brilliant.

23. QUIGONSGAL

Jun 12, 2005
    This is the end? For real? You can't be serious!

I loved this story! It had everything! Love, hate, pathos, drama, comedy, all that lovely stuff that makes for an epic!

At least put in an epilogue, or something!

Still, it was great while it lasted!

24. TigerofRobare

Jan 11, 2006
    Almost all HP stories where he survives end up with Harry becoming DADA teacher. Oh well, in this story it makes sense. With all he's been through, I imagine that Harry wouldn't want to do too much more adventuring for a while.

I wonder if Jedi can perform marriage ceremonies.

25. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    SuperSaiyaMan12: Thank you. I like the idea of Harry as Defense teacher. And yes, I'm planning several other stories. Would you like a PM when I post them? And would you like it for just SW stories, or anything I write?

Idrelle_Miocovani: Well, yes. We do have plenty of couples here. Han/Leia, Neville/Luna, Ron/Jan, Hannah/Terry, Seamus/Parvati, Harry/Ginny, and Wedge/Hermione... and if there's a sequel, we should have more...

And yes, I find that funny.

jaina_clan_solo: Agreed. And that's an excellent use of their unique knowledge.

Exxaciel: Did you miss the part where I said penultimate post? There's one more...

QUIGONSGAL: Again, penultimatepost. And of course this has everything? I didn't exactly hurry, or tried to squeeze it into a limited number of words... lasted a while, didn't it?

TigerofRobare: I like the idea, and I think there's a good chance of it happening in canon. And I don't see a reason for Jedi ceremonies here. The only Jedi here are Harry and Luke, and neither of them are getting married at this point. And they're not getting married to each other.

All right... the end. Truly. I'll post a survey asking for some specific feedback on Monday. Enjoy this final bit!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.