main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga HARRY POTTER AND THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH (HP/SW OT-era crossover) Completed 6/16 Survey up 6/19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TheProphetOfSullust, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    WOW!!=D= =D= =D=
    that was great! I just read this entire story in one day, and I loved it! You must write a sequel! Maybe in the NJO era...
    I can't fathom the whole questionnare, but that was a great story and one of the best crossovers I've ever read. Congratulations!

2. JediPotter

JediPotter Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2006
    Will there be any changes now that Deathly Hallows is out?

3. Skywalker277

Skywalker277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2007
    HARRY!!!!!!!!! DONT DIE!!!!!!!!!! :_|:_|:_|

4. Jedi_Rhysode

Jedi_Rhysode Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2004
    Just came back to finish reading this after a long break. Really really great stuff. More entertaining than most of the new del ray books i've read recently, and at least as good as Deathly Hallows. I dont read fan fics normally, but my guess is this one is among the best out there.

5. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Somehow I didn't catch this until the end, and it's taken me awhile to read it, but I've only got a couple chapters to go. I found it a wonderful blend of two of my favorite stories, and I love how you've managed to incorporate them together. I copied down the ending survey, which I will fill out and post when I get this done. Awesome job!

--later--

6669 [face_devil]

6. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Ok, I finished it, and did the survey. Here it is. And if you do either the sequel or prequel, please let me know!

Conclusion Survey

Section 1. Story
    1.Did you like the story?
    Yes, I enjoyed it very much!

2.What do you think of the premise?
    At first I wasn?t sure, but it ended up working well.

3.Is the plot believable?
    I found it so.

4.Is the pacing too fast, or too slow?
    Some parts seemed a bit sluggish, but overall it was well paced.

5.Do the scenes flow nicely into one another?
    For the most part. There were a few that were a bit jarring, but not enough to do any harm.

6.Was it easy to follow the separate storylines?
    Yes, it was

7.Did you like how I made the original storylines fit in with canon material?
    That was one of my favorite parts of it!

8.Was the conclusion satisfactory? Should there have been more?
    Maybe a little, but it fit.

9.Please give an overall, honest rating for this story, on a 1-10 scale.
    I would give it a 9.25.

Section 2. Scenes
    10.What was your favorite scene?
    Dumbledore?s army showing up on Endor, especially when Fred, George and Charlie appeared.

11.What was your least favorite scene?

12.What parts of the story did you like the most (action, romance, HP characters learning about the new universe, etc)?
    Harry learning to use the Force along with the magic. I always thought the two would be compatible.

13.What parts of the story did you like least?
    I?m not personally inclined towards romance, though the scenes were well written.

14.Did you like my original storylines? Are they believable?
    Yes, I thought they were. I liked the idea of Mara being a clone and the last Horocrux. I was wondering where that line was leading to.

15.Are the scene breaks in the right places? Are there too many cliffhangers?
    You can never have too many cliffhangers. Then again, I read it pretty much straight through, so it?s hard for me to judge. As for the scene breaks, they seemed right on.

16.What was your favorite cliffhanger?
    **He faced the woman? and nearly fell back down. No way, he thought. No way. It?s impossible. But there was no way, either, that he would make a mistake with something like this. Here was the reason her voice sounded familiar? but it still couldn?t be. The hair was a few shades brighter, but otherwise, the woman looked just like?

?Mom?? he gasped.**
    Happened to be right where I ran out of time during one reading session!

Section 3. Writing mechanics
    17.Does the story flow well? Is it easy to read?
    I had little trouble with it!

18.Do I have too many spelling and grammar errors?
    There were a few, and a couple tripped me up until I reread the part, but I was able to understand what you were saying.

19.Do I use italics too much?
    I found no problem with it.

20.Do I use ellipses too much?
    Again, no problem.

21.What do you think of my writing style?
    Overall, it flowed as well as the movies, and I liked the way it was mostly the HP character?s POV throughout. A little polishing is needed, but you?ve got a good foundation.

Section 4. Characterization
    22.Who was your favorite character?
    Can?t pick one.

23.Who was your least favorite character?
    Palpy and Voldy, just because of pure evilness. The characterizations were well done!

24.Are the SW canon characters believably written?
    Very. I could see them reacting in much the way you portrayed them.

25.Are the HP canon characters believably written?
    Ditto

26.Are the original characters good characters? Do they add or retract?
    I felt that they added the right bit of flavor to the overall scheme of things.

27.Overall, do the characters, as I wrote them, feel like the canon characters we know, or just some odd people with canon names slapped on them?
    I feel that this is what would have happened had JKR and GL gotten together to combine the two.

Section 5. Action
    28.Were the space battles well-written?
    They were real enough for me.

29.Were the ground combat scenes well written?
    T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.