main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga HARRY POTTER AND THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH (HP/SW OT-era crossover) Completed 6/16 Survey up 6/19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TheProphetOfSullust, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Oh! :eek: You had me frightened there for a moment.

So Luke destroyed the Death Star... good stuff. :)

2. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Vader shooting backwards? Another Harry-scar moment as Vader gets away? Nice! :D I'm still keeping tabs on this story ;)

3. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Nice job! You kept the essence of that scene intact, which couldn't have been easy with different characters having to do their own thing...

:)

Looking forward to the big happy reunion! :)

(Ron had to have had several heart attacks listening to all that... :D)

4. masterjedi343

masterjedi343 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 26, 2005
    that was the perfect moment for the harry vader scar hurt.keep them comming! cant wait to read more.

5. TheProphetOfSullust

TheProphetOfSullust Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    astroanna: No, it's not easy, and I'm having trouble doing it in ESB, especially with the Han/Leia storyline.

So, the conclusion to ANH is in the next post... and the next update will be on Friday.

6. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Chapter 11.

Back at the base, celebration had already begun when the ships landed. Harry and Hermione barely got down onto the hangar floor before Ron tried to hug both of them at once. ?You're alive!? he cried. ?You're alive!?

Everyone thanked them, hugged them, congratulated them. Even their astromech droids were cheerfully exchanging beeps. None of them was in as bad a shape as Luke's R2-D2, who was silent and for whom Threepio was now offering to donate his circuits.

?You're heroes,? Leia said, looking around. ?You're all heroes. The galaxy will never forget you.?

Wedge approached them. ?Excellent flying, people,? he said simply. ?I?ll be honored to fly with you again. And if you friend?s as good as you two, we?ll be invincible.? Hermione beamed back at him. Harry simply clasped Wedge on the shoulder and smiled.

As they headed for the banquet, Ron whispered to Hermione, ?Are you sure you didn?t use the Imperius curse?? he asked pointing at Han, who was now laughing along with Luke at something.

?No,? she said, chuckling. ?Besides, you know it can be resisted, and he looks strong-willed enough for that. If I tried, it might have backfired. No, he came back on his own. I?ve a feeling he?ll stick around for a while, too.?

?I thought you didn?t trust divination,? said Harry.

?That?s not divination,? Hermione replied, ?That?s common sense.?

The next day, the entire base personnel gathered in the great hall of the temple, which was hundreds of meters long. Luke, Han, and Chewbacca were marching down the aisle, walking by members of the Alliance who stood in respectful silence. Ahead, next to the podium, stood Dodonna, Leia in a splendid formal white gown and a hairstyle that made rings on the back of her head rather than at the sides, and the repaired droids, See Threepio and Artoo Detoo. A few steps below, but still above the main audience, were four pilots and their astromech droids: Wedge, Harry, Hermione, and Keyan Farlander, the surviving Y-Wing pilot.

When the trio walked up, Leia took gold medals from the general and placed them around the necks of Han, Luke, and Chewie. The honored heroes turned to face the crowd, which erupted in cheer. Harry wanted to do the same, but Leia motioned them forward. The four confused pilots stepped up, and the princess, receiving a second tray from Dodonna, placed silver medals on the necks of Keyan, Wedge, and the two wizards. Then she motioned them to turn around as well. The audience gave a second cheer. Harry turned and saw Leia beaming with a radiant smile at them. He nudged Hermione. ?When we get back home,? he said, ?Do you think anyone will believe us??

?You said when, not if,? Hermione told him.

?I know. I meant it. We will get back.?

?Yes,? she agreed. ?We will.?

7. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    It's over; they helped destroy the Death Star!!!

But now what?? Is it off to Hoth for the trio?

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    ?When we get back home,? he said, ?do you think anyone will believe us??

Umm... no. Probably not. :) But they will have a story to tell, especially if they go into ESB and ROTJ.

?You said when, not if,? Hermione told him.

?I know. I meant it. We will get back.?

?Yes,? she agreed. ?We will.?

I have complete confidence that they will get back -- after they learn how to use the Force, of course. :)

9. masterjedi343

Jan 26, 2005
    the next update meaning the start of ESB?

10. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Lady_Jade, masterjedi343: Not quite... The next post is about something that's happenning elsewhere.

I don't know when I'm going to be making the next update. I'm extremly busy next week, so I don't know if I'll find the time.

This story is taking longer than I thought. I'm writing three different story lines for ESB, one of which is entirely my own creation. Right now, I'm about halfway done on one of them (don't ask which one, I won't tell you :D) The story up to the Battle of Hoth I could post right now if I wanted to, and the battle itself has been written, and only needs editing (please note that this does not necesserily mean it'll be ready soon, since I'm a fast writer but a very slow editor).

Where will the story be going? Well, you can guess. Let's see if anyone will correctly predict the following:

1. When the trio split in ESB, who will go with whom?
    2. There'll be a romantic relationship between characters from different universes. Who will pair up?
    3. Which EU characters will make an appearance?

Guess away!

11. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    This post has been rewritten due to contradictions with HBP. The rewrite is here.

Interlude 1.

?He?s awake.?

?Are you sure??

?There, his arm just moved.?

?Madam Pomfrey, he?s waking up!?

Neville Longbottom opened his eyes and saw the familiar ceiling of Hogwarts hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey, the school nurse, leaned over him. ?How are you dear?? she asked.

?All right, I think. Hungry. What happened??

?You had hypothermia,? said Ginny Weasley, who was sitting on the edge of his bed.

?You nearly froze to death,? Luna Lovegood looked at him from the other side.

?When was I brought in?? Neville asked.

?About nine o?clock last night,? Luna told him absentmindedly. ?Hagrid brought you in.?

?Why did you lie in the snow, Neville?? Ginny asked.

?Malfoy must have knocked me unconscious,? Neville said, ?and left me there.? Then he remembered what transpired yesterday. ?Where?s Harry?? he demanded.

?We haven?t seen him since yesterday morning,? Ginny said. ?Nor Ron or Hermione.?

?Oh, no,? Neville shuddered despite the well-heated infirmary and heavy blankets. ?I have to see Professor Dumbledore.?

?Dumbledore?s in Brazil,? said Luna. ?My dad says there?s a rumor that You-Know-Who was seen there.?

?That?s not good,? Neville sat up on his bed. ?Madam Pomfrey, can I leave??

?Not yet, dear. I?ll release you in a few hours, once we?re certain nothing happened. Hypothermia can have aftereffects.?

Okay,? Neville reluctantly agreed. ?Can somebody bring me an owl and parchment? If Dumbledore isn?t here, I?ll have to contact him.?

Ginny left, and returned ten minutes later with a roll of parchment and a large screech owl. Neville leaned back on his bed, took a quill, and began writing. The girls quietly left the room. Neville, forgetting his hunger, wrote about yesterday?s events. He was about to start to tell about the disappearance of Hermione, when he was interrupted by a calm but very confident voice.

?I suggest you stop wasting your time, Neville,? said the headmaster of Hogwarts from the door.

?Professor Dumbledore!? Neville dropped his ink bottle, which fell to floor and broke. ?Oh no?,? he said. ?Where?s my wand??

?Don?t worry, Neville,? Dumbledore calmed him down, repairing the ink bottle and cleaning up the mess with a wave of his own wand. ?Now, what is so important that you had to see me??

?Professor, it?s about Harry,? Neville proceeded to explain what happened yesterday on the Quidditch field. ?Harry told me to tell you if he didn?t return by this morning,? he finished. ?Professor, do you have any idea what it was??

?No, not yet,? Dumbledore admitted. ?Don?t worry. You did what Harry asked you to do. If I need your help, I?ll ask. Just rest.? The headmaster walked out. At the door he waved his wand in a circle. Neville saw the bulletin board near the exit change. He could only see the largest print of the main notice, but that was enough to explain what happened. The board read:

QUIDDITCH FIELD OFF-LIMITS TO ALL STUDENTS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

After he was released, Neville went back to the Gryffindor tower. ?Neville!? Ginny Weasley hugged him as soon as he entered. ?When are Ron and Harry coming back??

?I don?t know. Dumbledore is looking for them,? he answered.

?Dumbledore has been doing something strange all day. Here, take a look,? she said, leading him to the window.

Dumbledore was on the Quidditch field, walking around, muttering to himself, and occasionally, waving his wand.

?He's studying the place where Harry and Ron have disappeared,? Neville told her.

?On the Quidditch field?? Ginny skeptically asked. ?Harry??

?Yeah. Hermione wanted to try flying so she went up and vanished into thin air. Harry and Ron went after her.?

?Malfoy saw everything,? Neville said angrily.

?One day...? Ginny dreamed.

Dumbledore paced the field until sunset. Neville tried to talk to him when he entered the

12. Solo-Evenstar

Solo-Evenstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2005
    Luke and Hermoine!!!!

Unless it is Luke and Harry, which would be interesting.....

But Han and Leia will still get together...Right??

Again, it had better Luke and Hermoine

13. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    1. When the trio split in ESB, who will go with whom?
    I think that Luke should take Harry to Dagobah, and it would be cool if for some reason Harry stayed with Yoda when Luke goes to cloud city. (Perhaps for mechanical reasons, I mean having an x-wing submerged in sludge cant be good for the engine...) But this would be a good opportunity for Harry to learn more about magic/the force. But I doubt that Harry?s ?saving people thing? will allow him to stay behind.

2. There'll be a romantic relationship between characters from different universes. Who will pair up?
    Doesn't really matter, it would be sad if/when the trio goes back to England, but don?t make it gross like Chewie/Harry, Harry/Yoda, or Ron/Mon Mothma. Luke/Herm would be interesting, but Luke loses enough in his life so perhaps give him a break, especially if the Trio leaves this galaxy.

3. Which EU characters will make an appearance?
    Mara Jade should be easy because she was at Jabba's Palace. You could probably get a few others in there, for example Issard or Xizor and Guri.

14. son-of-kenobi

son-of-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    that's cool...i was wondering what happened to Neville...and you finally answered... dumbledore will find what happened though...

15. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Nice Interlude, Prophet! :D Me likes. It's nice to see the activities of the HP universe come back into play. Poor Neville! Hypothermia is nasty. Maybe Dumbledore will find a way through to the GFFA.

1. When the trio split in ESB, who will go with whom? -- I think that the trio will split after the Battle of Hoth, seems quite obvious, unless you have other plans. I also think that Hermione will end up going to Dagobah because of that short preview you posted. Seems like she's out flying a speeder for Rogue Squadron. Harry might be too, so maybe the two of them will go with Luke. :) I think that Ron will be going to Han, Leia and Chewie to Cloud City.

2. There'll be a romantic relationship between characters from different universes. Who will pair up? Ahh, this is a hard one. Um... Ron and Leia! Heheh. Could be a possibility, especially if Ron gets stuck on the Falcon with Han and Leia. And Luke and Hermione could also work -- I pretty much doubt Han and Hermione. He annoys her way to much and besides the age difference between the two is even larger than that between Han and Leia. I cast my vote for Luke/Hermione.

3. Which EU characters will make an appearance?-- I'm hoping to see Mara Jade in action. And along the lines of question # 2, maybe Mara/Harry?

This is just my two cents worth of guesses. I can see you laughing at us making wild guesses, Prophet! :)

16. masterjedi343

Jan 26, 2005
    awesome interlude. but im not sure who will pair up yet. gotta post more.

besides prophet wont put anything unsualy like harry/luke which is probly against the rules. maybe it might be luke/hermonie ron/leia but keep going its awesome.

17. c_owensby

c_owensby Jedi Master star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Great last few posts. I can't wait to see where you take this from here. :D

18. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Yeah, Harry/Luke would be against the rules.

Idrelle_Miocovani: The age difference is not really an issue, at least not on these boards. The difference between Obi-Wan and Padme and, I believe, Kyp and Jaina are greater.

And as far as Harry/Mara is concerned, you can forget it. Remember, Mara is still the Emperor's Hand.

Chapter 12 is in the next post. Chapter 13 will appear on Friday.

19. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Chapter 12.

Three years after the destruction of the Death Star, Harry, Ron and Hermione were still with the Rebel Alliance. To say that they tried to get back home and failed would be an overstatement, since they knew nothing that would enable them to make such an attempt. They knew nothing about the phenomenon that brought them here. They didn't know if it was natural or artificial, magical or technological, whether they were brought here on purpose or by accident, whether the purpose, if it existed, was for good or evil. They didn't know if the phenomenon was still where they came out, or if it moved, or if it vanished, nor whether it would appear again. They didn't like to think they were giving up, but the sparseness of knowledge made even thinking about it a waste of time.

The galaxy was a big place, yet the eyes and ears of the Empire were everywhere. In the past three years, the location of Rebel headquarters had to be changed five times. Now, they had a base on an almost completely uninhabitable planet, one completely covered with snow and ice. This world was called Hoth, and until they came here, none of them could imagine that a place so cold could exist.

Hermione was sitting in her quarters, reading about the history of the Jedi Knights (the information, thanks to the Empire, was woefully incomplete), when someone knocked on her door.

?Come in,? she said, expecting Ron or Harry. But instead, Princess Leia walked in and sat down with a sign of frustration.

?Hello, Leia,? she welcomed the other woman, ?what's the matter??

?It's Han,? Leia complained. ?I tried to persuade him to stay.?

?And??

?And he suggested that I wanted him to stay because I liked him... That made me angry, so I told him to shove it. That probably made him more likely to leave than before. And you know what, Hermione? Can you keep a secret??

Hermione remembered the Time-Turner she had used in her third year. ?Yes, I think I can,? she said.

?I'm not so sure he was wrong?otherwise, why does it bother me so much that he's leaving??

?Wait a minute, Leia,? Hermione stared at her, ?You do like Han??

?No! Well... a little. I don't know,? Leia fell back in her chair and closed her eyes. ?There's another secret for you. The image I project?that I always know exactly what to do in every situation?is just that: an image.?

Hermione struggled to think of an answer when another knock came. ?Come in,? she invited the guest.

?Harry walked in. ?Oh, hi, Leia,? he said. ?I didn't know you were here. Have either of you seen Luke??

?What, he isn't back yet?? Leia asked, worried.

?I don't know... but if he isn't, we'd better find him. The sun's setting already.?

?Maybe Han knows,? Leia suggested. She took out a comlink and punched in the code. The response was static.

?Damn,? she swore. ?I'll sent Threepio for him. Try to find if Luke came in,? she told the wizards before leaving.

?Let's find Ron,? Harry told Hermione. He may have seen Luke.?

Ron was in the auxiliary hangar working on a snowspeeder. ?Stupid thing,? he was saying when his friends approached.

?What's wrong?? Harry took interest.

?It's this speeder,? he answered, ?You know how they can't work in this cold without protection? Well, I tried to shield it from the cold by magic. It worked... for about three minutes. Then the engine shut down and I fell from fifty feet. Now I have double the work of others?I have to install protection and repair the damage from that crash.?

?Have you seen Luke?? Harry asked.

?No,? Ron stood up. ?Has he returned??

?We don't know, but it doesn't look like it,? Hermione sounded troubled. ?It's already night.?

Chewbacca ran up to them and growled something at Ron.

?What?? he cried. ?Alone? Is he crazy?? Then he looked at his friends. ?Come on,? he urged them.

?Ron, what happened?? Harry yelled as they ran after their friend.

?Han rode out on a tauntaun to look for Luke,? Ron replied. ?I'm going to help him. Are you coming??

?Of course,? Hermione assured him. ?Le

20. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Oh! Good updates ;) I liked the interlude... but it's got me wondering whether, how and when Dumbledore will get into the GFFA! AS for the new chapter, well, we'll see how the trio survive on Hoth... :p

21. c_owensby

c_owensby Jedi Master star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Great new post. I can't wait to see how Harry Ron and Hermoine do on Hoth. :)

22. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Nice transition into ESB...I can't help but wonder, though...

With the three wizards away for three years already, has Voldemort taken over back at Hogwarts? With Harry not there to oppose him, what happened to the wizarding world? (I may be reading too much into this, so just tell me if I am... :p)

Great job, I'm eager for the next post! :)

23. masterjedi343

Jan 26, 2005
    astroanna dont forget dumbledores still there voldie whouldnt try and take over hoggywarts with the one he fears the most.

and great job prophet keep going i wanna see what happens.

24. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    ShrunkenJedi: How will Dumbledore make it? Well... he'll have some unexpected assistance.

astroanna: masterjedi343 is right, but you also have to remember that Voldemort is after Hogwarts because of Harry, not the other way around. So Voldemort will, like Dumbledore, try to figure out where Harry is. And when he does... [face_devil].

Yes, Voldemort does fear Dumbledore... he also fears Harry, and, well... Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

After this post, I'll take a hiatus. The next update will be, at the earliest, next Wednesday (March 23). The status of the story is:

The Battle of Hoth: being edited
    Separate storyline 1: written, needs editing
    Separate storyline 2: being written
    Separate storyline 3: many fragments written, need to be connected and edited
    ESB epilogue: ain't there
    Interlude 2: ain't there, some sketchy ideas
    ROTJ: very rough outline exists
    Epilogue: ain't there, basic idea worked out

Fortunately, next week is spring break... so I think I'll get most of it done then.

Next post: chapter 13.

25. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Chapter 13.

?Lumos!? Harry said, lighting the tip of his wand. ?Light yours, too,? he told his companions. ?That way, we won't have to look for each other.?

They did so, but even with three wands glowing at their brightest, it wasn't possible to see clearly beyond five feet. They had to rely on portable scanners, and much more importantly, their inner senses to decide on direction.

They talked little as they rode, realizing that heat was lost with every word one said. They rode close together, since even with wand lights, it was easy to disappear form view.

?There, look!? yelled Ron, pointing to their right where suddenly, a bright blue-white glow was seen. With this visibility, it was impossible to judge the distance, but the same poor visibility indicated it couldn't be far.

The glow vanished, but the trio already turned towards it. They soon saw a body of a tauntaun, a human body lying prostrate next to it, and another human leaning against the animal.

?...bad on the outside!? the conscious human said in Han Solo's voice.

?Han!? Ron leaped down and ran towards the smuggler.

Han turned around and looked at them. ?Help me set up shelter!? he yelled. ?Luke's still alive!?

?Dagobah... Yoda...? Luke moaned. Then Sad sounding grunts suddenly filled the air. The three tauntauns the wizards arrived on collapsed from the cold.

?Oh, no...? Hermione muttered. She liked the animals.

?Lift his head a little,? Harry told Han before drawing his wand and murmuring an incantation. He reached out to the front of Luke's face. ?Good,? he said.

?What did you do?? Han asked.

?The bubble-head charm,? Harry replied. ?Keeps air near the head isolated. We use it to go underwater, but it should keep out the cold air as well.?

?Move him a little,? said Hermione. ?Now, for some warmth. Incendio!? she cast the fire-lighting spell. A blue fire appeared in front of them.

They warmed their hands a little and resumed setting up a tent. Every few minutes, one of the wizards checked on Luke. The bubble-head charm had to be periodically broken, so whoever was inside wouldn't suffocate. They made sure to do that next to the fire, where the air was warm. Like this, they spent the night, perpetually worried whether Luke was unconscious or just asleep.

In the morning, Han ordered them to set up their comlinks to receive any frequency used by the base. Sure enough, only minutes after sunrise, they picked up a transmission.

?Commander Skywalker, do you copy? This is Rogue Two. This is Rogue Two. Captain Solo, do you copy? Lieutenant Granger, do you copy? This is Rogue Two.?

?Good morning,? Hans spoke into his comlink. ?Nice of you guys to drop by!?

?Echo base,? they heard the voice in the comlink speaker, ?This is Rogue Two. I found them, repeat, I found them.? Zev Senesca, who found them, picked up the still unconscious Luke and Han. Two more speeders arrived to take the wizards in half an hour. Hermione was pleased at the sight of the pilot who arrived in the second speeder.

?Hi, Wedge,? she said.

Wedge Antilles opened the back of his cockpit, letting Hermione in.

?Welcome aboard,? the second-in-command of Rogue Squadron beamed at her. ?Please hold on to you baggage...?

?Oh, shut up,? she dismissed the joke. ?Remember where your misplaced sense of humor got you on Eriadu??

?You'll never let me live that down, will you?? Wedge asked as he lifted the speeder and turned towards the base.

?Why should I?? Hermione shook her head. ?I had to come rescue you then. And don't you dare say we're even. Nobody's been shooting at you here.?

Wedge made a sigh. ?You can outfly a woman,? he muttered to himself, ?But you can't outargue her.?

Back at the base, Luke was swimming in a solution of healing fluid called bacta. Fortunately, Han and the wizards go to him before anything more serious than heavy frostbite occurred. The damage was healed, and soon, the base's medical droid declared Luke fit.

?Master Luke, it's so good to see you fully functional again,? the prot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.