main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Harry Potter and the Dark Lord

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by The_Jesstar, Apr 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Harry Potter and the Dark Lord

This has been Mod approved, as it is completely different to the other RP running.

This is where YOU decide how you want the final Harry Potter to play out. To play this, you must take into account the happenings of previous books, so knowledge of them is essential, though I think most people would have read them. I have not heard of a name for the new book, so I came up with my own.

Basic plot outline:
    Professor Albus Dumbledore is dead. He isn?t returning, [note: you cannot play Dumbledore ? he?s dead, get over it.] and the wizarding world is completely shaken. There is doubt over Hogwart?s continuity, and the hero of the wizarding world, Harry Potter, has resolved never to return there. New minister for Magic, Rufus Scrimgeour, is about as useful as a raincoat on a sunny day, and Voldemort?s supporters run rampart all over the country. Prophecy has stated that neither Harry, nor Voldemort can survive whilst the other lives. No doubt, a great battle will eventuate. Which will come out the victor? What will happen to Harry?s friends and family? Will Voldemort rise to his old height of power? Will Fudge be reinstated? Will Snape be caught after his traitorous murder of everyone?s favourite headmaster? Only you can decide.

Rules:
    - No swearing, flaming, spamming, cursing, anything like that that violates TOS
    - No excessively long winded lovey-dovey scenes, no wildly obscene sex scenes, that sort of thing, keep it clean
    - Obey the GM
    - No auto killing, that means, no just auto AVADA KEDAVRA! Boom your dead.
    - Try and keep it as true to the books as possible, but OC?s are allowed.
    - Any OC?s please clear with me first via PM, that being said, only two characters per player
    - Try to keep OOC to a minimum, and keep any discussions to PMs
    - Have fun!

Character Sheet: (note: any of Rowling?s characters do not require a heaps long bio and character sheet)
    Name:
    Hair Colour:
    Eye Colour:
    Body Shape: [eg, slender build etc?]
    Wand Type: [make it up if you wish, nothing to extreme, like three thousand metres long :p ]
    Personality summary:
    Short Bio: [please include family info like Muggle parents, etc]

Characters we will need:
    Harry Potter
    Tom Riddle AKA Lord Voldemort
    Severus Snape [I think he is a key to how this book will play out]

You are welcome to be any other ALIVE character from the books as well, no dead characters, unless you wish to be a known ghost eg. Nearly Headless Nick. NO POTTER PARENTS, SIRIUS or DUMBLEDORE

REMEMBER: There are no limitations to this book, Harry may be talked into going back to Hogwarts, Hogwarts may close down, Ron and Hermione do not even necessarily have to be in the story! Harry may move out of the Dursley?s house and camp out the back of a garbage tip? its all up to you!

As GM, I will be posting Daily Prophet articles from time to time, to move along the story and give it direction.

I will be playing Snape as well as GM, but any other character, you are welcome to be. :D

2. Cat_Orange

Cat_Orange Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 18, 2002
    I am bagsing Voldie, if that's alright. I'll do the character sheet later on cos I'm supposed to be doing homework now.

Bwahahaha.. the evil guy is all mine.

3. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    Yay Stephie!

Harry Potter: position to be filled
    Tom Riddle AKA Lord Voldemort: Cat_Orange
    Severus Snape: The_Jesstar

Here is my character sheet.

Name: Severus Snape
    Age: 42 (I just assumed he would be about this age - you may do this with your characters also)
    Sex: Male
    Hair Colour: Black and greasy, longish
    Eye Colour: Dark Brown, they are almost black
    Body Shape: Tall and proud, fairly slender, he is not very buff.
    Wand Type: Oakwood, 7 inches, Unicorn hair
    Personality summary: Proud and secretive, Snape does not reveal much about himself to others, but prefers to show a certain side of himself - the one of proud abruptness.
    Short Bio: Snape always had a passion for the dark arts, but was also talented in the Potions area. He was picked on at school, earning the nickname Snivellus. He fell in with Voldemort and his cronies, becoming a Death Eater, but, apprently, changed sides shortly before the Dark Lord'd downfall and became a spy for Dumbledore. He worked as the Potions Master at Hogwarts after the fall of the Dark Lord, having earned Dumbledore's trust. Though apparently not enough trust to teach the Dark Arts, which he was fairly bitter about.

When Harry Potter came to the school, Snape's dislike for the boy's father carried over, and the became enemies, of a sort. This hatred was harmless, until rumours of the Dark Lord's rising flew about, putting Snape in a dangerous situation. When he finally came back two years ago, Snape went back to work as a spy, earing Voldemort's trust again. In a shocking turn of events at the end of school, Snape betrayed Dumbledore, killing him in front of Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy as well as a few Death Eaters. He revealed himself to be the Half-Blood Prince, before fleeing Hogwarts. He has not been heard from since.

4. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    I'll reprise my role of Malfoy if you'd like Jess :)

5. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    That would be great milney! Just post your character sheet and welcome to the game! :D

6. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    *GM APPROVED*

Character Sheet:
    Name: Thorrbald (Thorr) Black
    Hair Colour: Dirty Blonde
    Eye Colour: Blue
    Body Shape: Average build, but muscular, a little over weight. 6'2", 230
    Wand Type: Mahogany, 11 Inches, Pheonix feather
    Personality summary: Thorr is naturally calm and collected, and people feel like they can trust him. A good leader, Thorr is somewhat attractive, but totally self concious. Really really shy around Women. Always anazlyzing things (because of where he grew up)
    Short Bio: Thorr was born into a powerful pure-blood wizarding family, the Blacks. But when he was five, Thorr got into a fight with his mother over the Black hate for Muggles and Muggle born, so big a fight that Thorr was kicked out and told never to return. Thorr grew up on the streets, spending all his free time in a weired book store, learning magic. His dream was to become an Auror. When he was 11, Thorr was accepted into Hogwarts, where he flourished. He was popular with students and teachers, and excelled at Defense Against the Dark Arts, and Transfiguration. When he was seventeen, Thorr secretly (with the help of professor McGonogall) learned to become an Animagus. As soon as he graduated, Thorr was accepted into the Ministry of Magic at an enatry level postition, but worked his way up to Auror at the age of 22. When the Voldemort crisis started, Dumbledore asked Thorr to be in the Order of the Pheonix, and Thorr is respected and friends with most of the Order, and was a very good friend with his cousin Sirius Black.

Accompanied by a cat named nigel who has been with him since his days on the streets, and an owl named Jonas, who has been with him since Hogwarts.

7. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    Name: Clairisse Melaine
    Sex: Female
    Hair Colour: Copper (like new-penny copper, so it?s a reddish-blonde color)
    Eye Colour: Violet
    Body Shape: Slender, stands about 5? 5?
    Wand Type: Maple and phoenix feather. 12 and ¾ inches
    Personality summary: A very quiet woman, but friendly with those she knows. Shy around strangers.
    Short Bio: A pureblood, Clairisse was born to a Beauxbatons graduate and a former Slytherin. During Voldemort?s first rise to power, her father joined the Death Eaters and was later convicted and sent to Azkaban. Clairisse?s mother raised her by herself, and when she turned eleven, Clairisse received her letter from Hogwarts, where she excelled, though she was a very shy student at the time. Ashamed of her father?s actions, she kept herself shut away from the rest of her peers, unsure of whether she did so out of a distrust of others or of herself. Voldemort returned in her last year at Hogwarts, and a year later, her father broke out of Azkaban along with the other Death Eaters. When Dumbledore reformed the Order of the Phoenix, Clairisse lost no time in joining. By then, she had been employed by the Ministry at an entry level, and had become a more confident person, and more comfortable around others. When Rufus Scrimgeour became Minister, she was moved to the Office for the Detection and Confiscation of Counterfeit Defensive Spells and Protective Objects, headed by Arthur Weasley.

She has a pet phoenix named Soleil. Her mother gave her the phoenix as a gift when she was accepted to Hogwarts, and the tail feather in her wand came from Soleil.

8. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    OOC: Glad to see you made it over Anne! :)

9. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    Hooray more people! spacelady has kindly agreed to be my Co-GM, cos with timezones and stuff I can't be around all the time, so I'm sure she won't mind you PMing her with any questions, if you think I'm too scary or something :p So, keep those sheets coming! :D

10. Cat_Orange

Cat_Orange Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 18, 2002
    Character Sheet

Name: Voldemort, previously known as Tom Riddle. But close friends call him Voldie.
    Age: At least over 50. He'd probably be about 70, actually. No, wait. He was born in 1926 so he's 80. But with the whole immortality thing, it doesn't really matter I suppose.
    Sex: Debatable. But as Tom Riddle he was male, so we'll go with that.
    Hair Colour: Yes.. hair..
    Eye Colour: A nice shade of red
    Body Shape: I wasn't aware snakes had bodies. Well, leanish, I suppose.
    Wand Type: He prefers to go with the ten foot poking pole. Umm.. actually, I do believe it is 13 and a half inches long, made of yew and has a phoenix feather as its core.
    Personality summary: I suppose most people could sum it up in one word: evil. But I do honestly believe that he can't be entirely evil. But he does seem to have a personality complex, one moment he's all cool and jiggy with it, the next he's up ranting and raving. So let us just say he has a split personality.
    Short Bio: As we're all aware.. he had a muggle father and a witch for a mother. It is claimed that he was evil as a child and so grew up to be an evil tyrant hell bent on immortality and world dominance. Because, naturally, all evil guys want to rule the world. And cos Dumbledore is dead, he shall scurge the earth of all those dirty muggleborns with his trusty Deatheater minions. Starting of course, with Harry Potter.

11. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    Steph, that is fine, but I'm sorry, he would NOT let people call him Voldie. Probably more like the DArk Lord.

12. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    GM Approved :D

Name: Rachel Liriel
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Green
    Body Shape: Slim build, but a bit curvy
    Wand Type: Vine Carved Wand Wood: Vine Carved Plantation Teak Length: 13 inches Enchantment: Essence of Dragon Heartstring
    Personality summary: Friendly, outgoing, sarcastic at times, and brave
    Short Bio: Born and raised in South California, America, Rachel has lived a carefree and wonderful life... that is until her parents moved to England when she was ten. It was impossibly hard to get used to her new life style there and meeting new people, and hopefully one day, friends. Rachel never really understood why her parents moved to England of all places, but when she was 11 years old, she found out why. She was really a witch and belonged to Hogwarts. Her parents moved there to be closer to her by the time she started schooling for witchcraft.

Rachel was sorted into Gryffindor for her bravery, though was debated on being placed into Ravenclaw for her wit and smarts, but the Sorting Hat decided that Gryffindor was the best place for her. And it was. She flourished well in Gryffindor and in Hogwarts, getting great grades and having many friends.

Even though the attack on Hogwarts and on the witches and wizards from Voldemort, Rachel still loves learning at Hogwarts, though is uneasy by Dumbledore's death.

13. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    *kicks thread to top* And stay up there!

Hellooo? Anyone out there?

14. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm here!!

15. EnnaJ

EnnaJ Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2005
    Can I play Hermoine and a charry of my own ?

16. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    Sure, EnnaJ, just PM me the CS of your own character. Hermione you can just post.

Okay people, we have a potential Harry, as well as a few more players, so as soon as everyone's sheets are up, we will start playing! :D

I will probably not start until Monday [my time which is late Sunday board time] because of Easter. So anyone who still wants to join, theres plenty of time, and characters you can play! Just so you know, you are welcome to NPC any book characters you need, unless I say otherwise. :) Have a nice day!

17. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    GM APPROVED

Character Sheet:

Name: Bellatrix Lestrange
    Hair Colour: Sleek Black Hair
    Eye Colour: Blue
    Body Shape: Slender
    Wand Type: Mahogony with Dragon Heartstring 11 1/2 inches
    Personality summary: Bellatrix was the first female Death Eater, and is extremely loyal to Voldemort.
    Short Bio:
    Bellatrix Lestrange was born Bellatrix Black to Cygnus and Druella (Rosier) Black. She is a member of the pure-blood Black family, a number of whom became followers of Voldemort. She has two younger sisters, Andromeda who married a muggle-born wizard Ted Tonks, and Narcissa who married Lucius Malfoy. She is related to several important characters in the novel: she is the first cousin of Sirius and Regulus Black, and the aunt of Nymphadora Tonks and Draco Malfoy. Bellatrix is married to fellow Death Eater Rodolphus Lestrange. She is slightly older than Lucius, and a little older still than Severus Snape, but all three were members of Slytherin house at Hogwarts and were present at the same time for at least one year.

18. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Is there not a Harry yet? if so then I will play him

19. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    I PMed you D_GS.

I will playing Proffessor McGonagall as well.

Name: Professor Minerva McGonagall
    Age: 81 (according to http://www.hp-lexicon.org/wizards/mcgonagall.html)
    Hair Colour: (according to the books) Black
    Eye Colour: Pale Blue
    Body Shape: Tall and proud, slender and frail looking
    Wand Type: 13 inches, ash wood, unicorn hair
    Personality Summary: Comes across as abrupt and severe, but has a heart and is a great pussy cat. She has a deep capacity to care for others.
    Short Bio: Minerva McGonagall was in Gryffindor House when she went to Hogwart's many years ago, and is now Head of the House. She is an expert in the field of Transfiguration, and is an Animagis herself, being able to transrom into a tabby cat. She has a great love for Quidditch, and is always there to support her House. She usually wears emerald. She is currently Headmistress of Hogwarts, after the death of Dumbledore, and an active member of the Order of the Phoenix.

20. Ptolemy7

Ptolemy7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2006
    GM Approved

Ah...I tried to resist, but I couldn't. :)

Name: Remus Lupin
    Hair Colour: Brown shot with grey.
    Eye Colour: Blue (?)
    Body Shape: Fairly tall and thin.
    Wand Type: 12 in. Rowan. Dragon Heartstring.
    Personality summary: Calm and kind. A natural leader and a good teacher. Has a humble and pleasant disposition.
    Short Bio: Was bitten by a werewolf at a very early age. Admitted to Hogwarts by Dumbledore, despite this fact, when he was eleven years old. Best friends with James Potter and Sirius Black (and Peter Pettigrew, but we all know where that little relationship went). Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher in Harry's third year.

Name: Dolores Jane Umbridge
    Hair Colour: Mousy brown.
    Eye Colour: Dirt brown (I'm making this up, by the way).
    Body Shape: Very short, rather fat, much like an overgrown toad, frog, various other slimy amphibian.
    Wand Type: 7 in. Beech. Unicorn hair.
    Personality summary: A disgusting old crone with a deep hatred for anyone different or unlike herself (a.k.a most people).
    Short Bio: Senior secretary to Cornelius Fudge. Umbridge became Hogwarts High Inquisitor and DADA teacher in Harry's fifth year. Now holds the title of "universally loathed personage."

21. SmugglersDawn

SmugglersDawn Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2006
    GM Approved

Name: Hengist Darkwater
    Hair Colour: Brown Shaggy down to his shoulders
    Eye Colour: Brown
    Body Shape: Medium Build and Height at about 5'8 also medium muscle build
    Wand Type: a springy ash wand. It is just a bit over twelve and one-half inches long. The core consists of dragon claw.
    Personality summary: Some might say he's eccentric, interesting sense of humor, extremly intelligent, rather clever
    Short Bio: Born to a poor family as a half wizard Hengist had a tough life with a small chance of getting an education. at age three he could read, walk, and talk. So he did what he felt he should knowing his situation and educate himself. He read nonstop for weeks at a time abosorbed in some wizarding textbook intended for 5th years. By age ten he was basiclly profiencent at all levels of magic that was learned at Hogwarts, then when he was 11 he got his letter of acceptance into Hogwarts. His parents extremly proud gave him all their life savings to buy books. Then when Voldemort first appeared Hengist's family was one of the first killed. From then on in Hengist was determined to become an Auror. Hengist graduated Hogwart's with the greatest honors, and was set to be an Auror. As soon as his training was complete Hengist recieved a strange letter in the mail asking him to join the Order of the Phoenix a group dedicated to fighting Voldemort. So he readily accepted the invitation. After Harry Potter defeated Voldemort, Hengist felt he was out of work so he blended in with the crowd always ready should Voldemort return. Now that he has Hengist is ready for his revenge against the person who killed his parents.

22. starwarsbeauty

starwarsbeauty Jedi Master star 4

Feb 1, 2005
    Name: Ginerve(Ginny) Weasley
    Sex: female
    Hair Colour: flame red
    Eye Colour: brown
    Body Shape: slender, an average height
    Wand Type: 11" unicorn mane hair
    Personality summary: strong, kind, determined, smart, sometimes shy
    Short Bio: Daughter or pure blood parents Arthur and Molly Weasley, Ginny is the youngest of 7 children and the only girl. She started attending Hogwarts one year after her brother Ron. She has had a crush on Harry for years and finally dated him in her fifth year until Harry decided they should end it.

23. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    GM approved

Name: Harry Potter
    Sex: male
    Hair Colour: Black
    Eye Colour: brown
    Body Shape: [eg, slender build etc?] tall slender
    Wand Type: don't rememebr how ling, but it is phoenix hair
    Personality summary: Hary over the years has grown a very short fuse. Harry is a wizard that whille he might not be the best at casting spells and such, he always has heart and never gives up, and with the help of his friends, will save the day
    Short Bio: [please include family info like Muggle parents, etc] Harry's parents were murdered when he was a child. The Dark Wizaed Vlodemort was responible, VD was allmost destroyed when the magiic of Love protected Harry when VD tried to kill him. Harry was sent to live with his Muggle Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin. When he was eleven he found out that he was a wizard and began his schooling as a wizard at Hogwarts (everyone knows the rest) Last year Dumbledore, Harry's Mentor was killed by Profesor Snape. Snape then escaped. Harry has the task of hunting down the rest of the Horcruxs this year and destroying Voldemort

24. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    Daily Prophet - July 23

QUIDDITCH INTERUPPTED IN SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES
    At 11:25 last night, suspected activity of He?Who?Must?Not?Be?Named interrupted a Quidditch match in Newcastle. The match between the Kenmare Kestrals and Puddlemere United was called off after only 25 minutes due to suspicious activity outside the pitch. Two Ministry Officials from the Magical Games and Sports Department have been reported missing, but no names have been released. There was also some reported damage to the magical shield surrounding the stadium to protect in it from Muggles. A spokesperson said late last night that there had been minimal damage on the northern side of the stadium, so that part of the wall was showing, and sound could be heard. He said there was no memory modifications needed. It must be asked whether this was a ploy of He?Who?Must?Not?Be?Named, who has been quiet these past months after the raid on Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy last June, which left popular headmaster Albus Dumbledore mysteriously dead. There is still no word from the ministry as to Hogwarts continuity, or a new headmaster.

IC Severus Snape

Snape sighed, and put the newspaper down. So, the ministry had still not revealed the cause of Dumbledore's death. Me. he said to himself. He sighed again, and loked around the dreary room. Spinner's End had still not been raided. He was not surprised, hardly anybody knew this was his home away from Hogwarts. Well, his only home now, he could never return there. Not after what he did. He did not feel guilt. Perhaps the reason he dwelled on it so. The faint pain in his arm where he was cursed with Voldemort's brand suddenly escalated. Hmm, I believe I am being called. Probably about this. he looked at the newspaper. Making sure the house was shielded by magic, he apparated to where Voldemort had called him.

IC Minerva McGonagall
    With a wave of her wand, Professor McGonagall signed all the letters she had, only moments before, waved her wand to create. It was the usual Hogwart's start of term letter, with only a slight difference. Instead of saying Deputy Headmisstress on the bottom, it said, Headmistress. She didn't know if she was ready for this. She had filled in for Albus before, but he had always been there to come back. Now he wasn't. "I am too old for this." she muttered to herself and went around the front side of her desk. She had remained in her small office, not moved into the Headmistress' one. That was Dumbledore's. She knew it was sily, but could not bring herself to move his things out. Besides, she would only be doing this job for one year, then a replacement must be found. She looked down at the pile of letters, and read the name of the one on top, "Harry Potter." She nearly burst out in tears. Instead she cleared her throat, then put the boy out of her mind. If he comes, he comes... if not........ oh I hope he comes back. she thought as she waved her wand again and they all bundled into a sack, and follwed her to the owlery.

TAG: ALL PLAYERS. IT IS JULY, JUST BEFORE HARRY'S BIRTHDAY. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE WHERE TO START, PM ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU A STARTING POST. THIS SHOULD BE ENOUGH FOR HARRY, HOGWART'S STUDENTS AND VOLDEMORT. ANY OF THOSE IN THE ORDER, YOU MAY BEGIN WHEREVER YOU LIKE. POSSIBLY INVESTIGATING THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE MINISTRY OFFICALS?

25. WISE_JEDI12

WISE_JEDI12 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2005
    OOC: This is SmugglersDawn I am on my main account I had lost my password but I got it back so for future reference I am SmugglersDawn, and tomorrow I can post for this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.