main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Discussion Thread - Spoilers Highlight to read

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    To start off with, up until August 21st all spoilers need to be done as Highlight-To-Read. Example: This is highlight to read. If you don't use the spoiler tag your post will be editted and you'll receive a PM from a moderator.

Now onto the fun stuff.

First off all, I won't be at this event. TK-2970 will be coordinating it. I'm just posting it.

Yesterday we were at the Barnes and Noble at Carolina Place Mall. They confirmed they would be having a midnight release.

How is that location for everyone?

We want to get the ducks in a row so that people can pre-order their books, etc.

OK, decide amongst yourselves. I'll make sure this gets on fanforce.net at the appropriate time.

2. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    If this location is not good then please let me know. I would kinda like to plan something so we can pre-order our books. Any ideas, throw them out there people... [face_dancing]

3. Jedi-Siri

Jedi-Siri Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    Darn! That would be awesome but I've already bought my book at Books a Million. I guess I could attend the event at B & N and then get my book the next day. I'll be too tired to read it that night anyway so getting it the next day won't be a big deal.

4. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Well, we could have this at Books A Million. Which one did you go to? I'm sure they will be having a midnight realease as well. I'm not particular about which store we go to. Also, do you know of anyone else who might want to go to this?

5. Jedi-Siri

Jedi-Siri Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    Well my sister would want to come but other than that I don't know too many potter fans. Maybe I can ask some people around work.

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    We met with someone else yesterday who is very interested. :D

7. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Hopefully DarkLadyPurplePencil will be around for this and the movie release, she's a big Potter fan too... Jenn, which Books A Million did you order your book from?

8. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Ok, it looks like we will be doing this at the Barnes & Nobel at Carolina Place Mall. It is a huge B&N and there should be a pretty big crowd there for the book release. Any questions? Post them or PM me...

9. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    Argh, I wish I found this earlier! I'll be at the Concord Mills BAM with my bff for the release party. :_|
    Farrell

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Talk to your bff and tell her/him/it :p that all the cool kids will be at B&N ;) I have it on good authority that there might even be a thestral [sp?] there. :D

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I know I posted this at the top of the thread but I just want to make sure everyone is aware of the official board policy now:

Harry Potter Spoilers

Spoilers must be HTR for one month after the release of the book, unless posted in a an official designated spoiler thread.
    No spoilers of any kind in thread titles or signatures.
    In forums with designated spoiler threads (e.g. SFF or YJCC), spoilers should only be posted there.
    Bans will not be automatic, but on a case-by-case basis based on the TOS (e.g if someone is clearly trolling).

12. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Bumping this since the release is tomorrow... I'll be at the Barnes & Nobel at Carolina Place Mall if anyone want's to join me...

13. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    Hey, hope you guys had fun at your release party. My bff, Chelsea, and I had a frikkin awesome time. We got there at like 3 in the afternoon, saw OOTP (again), bought Gryffindor shirts at Hot Topic, and hung out with some really cool people we met at the release party, totally ignoring all the preplanned games and stuff after the first five or so minutes - except the specialty drinks the baristas at Joe Muggs made for the occasion - the Felix Felicis was delicious and the fire whiskey wasn't too bad either.
    And I absolutely adore the book!!!!!! Jo really out did herself this time. 'ear, 'ear!
    How did you guys' night go??

Farrell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.