1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Harry Potter and the Feather in the Foxhole (still accepting new players!)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by LeiaHair, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baathville728 Jedi Knight

Update: 4th years, 6th years, and 7th years.

Fourth Years
    Care of Magical Creatures

The fourth years all crowded around outside Professor Hagrid's cabin, unsure of where he was precisely. It was a dull day, with a slight chill and a low breeze that made the student's bring their robes closer around them. All the fourth years were looking around for their teacher, wondering where he could be. And just as Gryffindor Adam Guild decided to find out and started towards the cabin, a shout was heard from the forest.

"No need fer tha' Guild" said the grubby Professor emerging into view. "I was just roundin' up the 'er, well, lesson! We'll be headin into the forest today. Now, now" said Hagrid to the frightened looks of the students, " There's nothin' to be scared of, especially if you're with me."

"What about the centaurs and the werewolves" squeaked little Ethan Weston of Hufflepuff, apparently not altogether reassured.

"And the Acromantulas!" shouted Arthur Weasley II, creating more whispers.

"Now I don' know where yeh heard all o' those rumors, but they have all been false for a long time" said Hagrid, seemingly aggravated. "The centaurs have made peace with us since the defeat of the Lord Vol... Lord Vol...ar I still can't say it. The werewolves was a misunderstanding. It was a teacher, a darn good one at tha', and he never harmed nobody. He on'y made it inter the forest once.He was a good man, tha' Lupin," whispered Hagrid, and a tear the size of a grape dropped into his beard. "And lastly the acromantulas were killed off in the same battle. We used to be on good terms with 'em, til Arag.. till he died," and Hagrid let of a considerable wail.

"It's okay Hagrid," said a confused looking Esmerelda Newhall, patting the sobbing professor on the hip, the highest part she could reach.

"I know, I know," he sobbed, but seemed to gather himself. "All righ', let's continue. And no more interruptions!" he said more harshly than meaning too. "We're going into the forest to see Thestrals. Can anyone tell me what they are?" Nobody obliged. "Really? Nobody? Well then you're in for a treat. Follo' me" And Hagrid made his way into the forest, leaving the fourth years scarmbling to keep up.

tag: Fourth years

Sixth years
    Defense Against the Dark Arts

When the sixth years filed into the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, they were greeted with a promising situation. The desks were nowhere to be found, and instead the ground was littered with cushions in rows along each side of the room. Professor Finnigan looked up from adjusting a cushion when the students enterred..

"Hello, hello. Hope you all had a good summer. I had an excellent one myself, but there wil be time for that later. As you can see we will not be starting the year with a typical first lesson. I find that rather too common and will definiately send you the wrong message of how this class will be for you aging sixth years," he said with a smile. "Today, we will be practing Stunning Spells. This is not new, we just began them last year, with success here and there. For this week we will be refreshing our memories and practicing possibly the safest yet most effective non-lethal dueling attack. Repeat after me, Stupefy."

"Stupefy" said the whole class in unison.

"Now," continued the professor "You have the entire class to practice Stunning and Revival spells. That incantation for that is 'Reneverate.' Find a partner and don't try anything tricky, just Stunning Spells today. Due next lesson, 8 inches of parchment of the use, effectiveness, and safety of the Stunning Spell.You may begin."

tag: sixth years

Seventh Years
    History of Magic

The seventh years arrived in the History of Magic classroom to find Professor Bones seated behind her desk looking at a large book that hung over the sides of her desk.

"Hello class," she said closing the book causing the ground to shake. "I believe this is your first lesson. Yes, yes it must be at this time of day.
  2. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    GM Approved.

Name: Serj Tankian
    Year: 7th
    Eyes: Bright Blue
    Hair: Black, Cropped and Ragged
    Physical appearance: Tall and Muscular, has a tuft of a goatee and stubble sideburns
    House: Ravenclaw
    Relatives: None
    Pureblood: Halfblood
    Favorite Class: Transfiguration
    Personality: He is loud and outgoing. Extremely intelligent, but a major procrastinator. He is fun-loving.
    Pets: Great Horned Owl
    Wand: Mahogany, 13?, dragon heartstring
    Note: Has possession of a Invisibility Cloak.
    Bio: Serj was born in Ireland to a muggle-born witch and a pure blood wizard. He knew about his heritage his entire life and showed his magical abilities often. Serj had an uneventful childhood mostly, though. When he received his letter, his father was unsurprised, but nevertheless bought him a Great Horned Owl, along with his other school supplies. Before his second year his father bought him a broom and that year he made the Quidditch team as a Seeker.

Serj is extremely good at Transfiguration and is a formidable duelist. He hopes to be an auror or a teacher at Hogwarts.
  3. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    Kendrix McCully
    History of Magic Classroom

Kendrix listened to professor Bones explain what they were to be doing in the lesson. History of Magic wasn't her favorite lesson, but she took to the task without much complaint. Flicking through her book, she looked up for a brief moment, she caught sight of Marlin Wake, the hufflepuff prefect from the train, looking over at her. She met his gaze and he shot her a small smile. Kendrix returned it, although it was slightly more awkward and she dropped her gaze shyly. Kendrix, although a model student, wasn't the best when it came to social situations or guys. She had been friends with Marlin since second year, and through the years had developed a crush on him, but never dared admit it. Mentally shaking her head, she went back to concentrating on the task at hand. Getting some fresh parchment from her bag and her quill, she started writing, occasionally flicking pages of the book as she read through it

TAG: Seventh Years
  4. Baathville728 Jedi Knight

NRC: Marlin Wake
    History of Magic

Another year at Hogwarts, another year of learning, excitement, and Kendrix McCully. Marlin and Kendrix had been friends since his second year, but he never got up the courage to say anything to her besides friendly comments. Maybe this year would be different. "I doubt it though, she's out of my league," thought Marlin. She's gorgeous and intelligent, and really kind. Marlin decided he needed to do something about it, as he smiled at her. She smiled back, but dropped her gaze. What did that mean? Did he have something in his teeth or was she concentrating on the assignment? Marlin decided to figure it out. When Professor Bones was convinced everyone was working and was looking back down at the monster volume in front of her, Marlin took his oppurtunity.

"Hey Kendrix," whispered Marlin, "I never really followed the Goblin Wars so I'm kind of lost. Do you think we could meet at the library sometime and you could explain it to me?" asked Marlin hopefully, and he threw in a winning smile to make sure she said "Yes."

TAG: Kendrix, other seventh years

5. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Serj Tankian
    History of Magic

Serj sat in the back of the classroom as per usual. He had never really liked History class, because it was all memorization and extremely easy. In fact, Serj never did his work in class. Only a few of Serj?s friends were in the class, as they had dropped it, but he decided to continue on. It turned out to be a good choice because he found no end of entertainment from the other students.

Particularly Kendrix and Marlin. They had been friends since 2nd year and now it seemed that they might become something more. Serj knew Kendrix because she was in his house and though she was quite pretty, he had never taken much notice to her. She was a good friend, but a little too shy for Serj.

Serj whipped out a piece of parchment and scribbled a note to Kendrix, nevertheless. From inside his cloak he pulled out his wand and pointed it at the paper. With a whispered charm, the parchment became a tiny ladybug. He sent it flying over to Kendrix?s desk. Without a sound it landed and became the paper again.

?I think that fish boy fancies you, Drixxy.?

Tag: Leigh
  6. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Kendrix McCully

Kendrix had finished a few sentences on her parchment, when she heard someone whispering to her. Lifting her head, she saw it was Marlin.

"Hey Kendrix. I never really followed the Goblin Wars so I'm kind of lost. Do you think we could meet at the library sometime and you could explain it to me?"

She blinked a little in suprise, but regained her composure as much as she could as he smiled at her.

"Um...Alright, yes...uh, I'd be happy to help..."

She said quietly but cut the sentence short as proffessor Bones looked up from her book. She mentally kicked herself, she probably sounded like a right idiot. She looked back at her own book, and it was then she saw a tiny paper ladybug land in between the pages and unfold in front of her and her eyes glanced over it

?I think that fish boy fancies you, Drixxy.?

Her eyes went wide and she grabbed the note and hid it in her hand under the table before Marlin had a chance to see it. She knew who had wrote it, because only one person gave her the nickname and addressed her as drixxy. Serj. She turned and looked behind her, seeing Serj lounging in his chair a content look on his face. Serj was in her house, and had a reputation of not actually doing any work in class. But he was quite an intelligent student, and did impress people when the situation arose. She gave him a sort of "Are you crazy?" look before turning back towards the front

TAG: Nick, Baathville
  7. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Amarantha Williams
    Stairs---Greehouses

Just as they reached the 5th floor landing, Amarantha, still perusing her schedule, suddenly gasped, and grabbed James by the arm to stop him before quickly starting back downstairs. "I'm sorry, James, I read the schedule wrong--we're supposed to be going to Herbology!"

When they finally got to the greenhouses, however, Amarantha suddenly found herself wishing they were in Defense. The smell was appalling.

"Odorous Filberweeds" said Professor Longbottom strolling into the class. "Now don't worry, you will be supplied with noseplugs and goggles because the excrement of the weeds can cause blindness. You will also need you dragon-hide gloves for today, if the poison touches your skin, you can break into very painful boils." The teacher began moving through the class, separating the students into pairs and giving them a filberweed to work with. Amarantha soon found herself at a table with James, staring at a particularly ugly purple plant. "Now don't be frightened by everything I have just told you, Odorous Filberweeds are actually very calm plants and their excrement is a crucial ingredient in the curing of spattergroit. Just be careful not to breathe deep or splash the puss about. You may begin."

After she had pulled on her gloves and her noseplugs and goggles were in place, Amarantha began working. The sooner this class is over, the better...

Tag: Darth_Brutus666, GM

IC: Aurora Morley
    Potions

Aurora barely heard Chandler or Professor Slughorn as she bent over her book, re-reading the last instructions for her particular antidote: "After adding powdered moonstone, your potion should be opaque white, ie., milk-white. Stir in a figure-eight pattern until the potion is completely clear." Turning next to the concoction in her cauldron, indistinguishable from ordinary water, she allowed herself a satisfied smile as she corked a sample of the antidote for the professor to mark. "I'm done, as well, Professor."

Tag: Third-years, GM
  8. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    History of Magic

Serj smiled at the back of Kendrix?s head. He scribbled a second note and pointed his wand at it. This time he was aiming to impress. He whispered another few words and transfigured his quill into a live sparrow. Serj pet the tiny bird on the back of it?s head and pointed at Kendrix. He set the note in it?s mouth and the bird took flight.

The sparrow quietly flew over to his friend and up above her head. It landed on the edge of the chandelier and dropped the note onto Kendrix?s desk. It landed without a sound, as Serj had charmed it.

?Sorry about calling your boy a fish, but I am completely serious. Did you see that smile? While undeniably charming, it was unsubtle and very amateur. Anyway, how about lunch later??

9. chanbill5390 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    IC: Chandler Billings

"Thank you Professor, though I have to say I did have a slight advantage, phoenix tear extract, though a rare ingredient, was one of the main ingredients in my potion. That would heal even basilisk venom." Chandler said blushing slightly. "But I do believe Aurora is done. Her potion also looks perfect, mine is merely an alternative form." he added as he pointed over to Aurora simultaneously handing over his bottled potion.

TAG: GM

OOC: I have recently been appointed a CO-GM, I will do my best to help continue this rpg.
  10. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    Kendrix McCully

A few seconds later, another note dropped on top of the book in front of Kendrix and unfurled itself. She looked up to see a small conjured sparrow perched on the chandelier. She rolled her eyes.Serj did like to show off from time to time. Again, she looked at the note

?Sorry about calling your boy a fish, but I am completely serious. Did you see that smile? While undeniably charming, it was unsubtle and very amateur. Anyway, how about lunch later??

Kendrix sighed quietly and this time took a small piece of fresh parchment and wrote her own note. She never made a habit of passing notes in class. Dropping it on the floor, she pointed her wand at it and the paper transfigured into a small paper spider, which scuttled silently along the floor and up Serj's desk before unfurling in front of him

Thanks for that evaluation Romeo, but he's not my boy! He was just being polite, thats all...And yes, Lunch sounds good"

TAG: Nick, Seventh years
  11. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    History of Magic

Serj turned the note back into a spider and pocketed it. He was tired of notes for a while, but needed to make Kendrix aware of her friend. He outright stood up and moved forward a few seats. Now he was sitting in a vacant seat near Kendrix and could talk. Me made sure to whisper, though.

?Drixxy, he most certainly fancies you. Just because he is of age, doesn?t negate the testosterone flowing through him. Just give it some time.?

12. Baathville728 Jedi Knight

Update: Very good guys, hope you're having as much fun as I am

NRC: Marlin Wake
    History of Magic

"Um...Alright, yes...uh, I'd be happy to help..." said Kendrix, a little bewildered.

"Really?!" shouted Marlin in a voice that attracted the attention of most of the class, but fortunately not Professor Bones. "I mean 'Really' said Marlin, this time in a more appropriate whisper. "I can't wa...I mean I could really use you're help. See there in the library at 6?" asked Marlin happily.

Wow, he coulnd't believe she said "Yes." Marlin was going to make the most of this. Just then he saw a sparrow drop a note right in front of Kendrix. He decided he'd let her read it in peace. Marlin just prayed nothing awkward was going to happen in the library.

IC: Professor Slughorn
    Potions Dungeon

"Thank you Professor, though I have to say I did have a slight advantage, phoenix tear extract, though a rare ingredient, was one of the main ingredients in my potion. That would heal even basilisk venom." Chandler said blushing slightly. "But I do believe Aurora is done. Her potion also looks perfect, mine is merely an alternative form."

"Ohh yes I suppose you're right," said Slughorn, strolling toward Aurora Morley. "Oh yes Miss. Morley you're potion is fine as well. Though you didn't add the phoenix tears like Mr. Billings, you seem to have followed the instructions quite well. You will recieve sufficient marks for this, just bottle it up and hand it in."

Tag: Chandler, Aurora
  13. chanbill5390 Jedi Grand Master

star 4

"Umm sir, phoenix tears aren't a commonly used ingredient, I doubt it's in the directions. Tat was simply a personal addition of mine. Her potion looks like it is supposed to. Like I stated mine is a variation of the potion. I don't think you should penalize her on something that wasn't in the instructions. You can't very well punish her for something she couldn't have done. I doubt you even have phoenix tears in stock, the only reason I have some is because last holiday I procured them myself. Her potion is excellent." Chandler said upon hearing what Slughorn had said. "You said to make a potion against poisons, I made one type, she made the textbook variety, as most students would, I just like to add my own little touches." he added, still trying to keep the professor from mistaking his potion for the book type.

TAG: GM
  14. Baathville728 Jedi Knight

IC: Professor Slughorn
    Potions room

"Yes, yes boy that is correct, that is correct. How silly of me," said Slughorn, now leaning close to Chandler. "Boy," he whispered, "You don't realize oppurtunity when it slaps you in the face. I was trying to help you out, but if you embarrass me again like that, I'll make sure you get extra points knocked off for any mistake made from here on out." Slughorn stood back up too full height, which wasn't much difference. "Yes Miss. Morley, that is an excellent potion, seems to be followed word for word from the book. Looking forward to the next assignment. Well it seems we are out of time, but for next lesson I want a 12 inch report on the importance of each ingredient in the potion you just made," finished Slughorn, looking slightly angered.

Tag: Chandler, Aurora

15. Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: James Potter

James stubled after Amarantha into Herbology. James didn't know if Professor Longbottom saw them or not. James stood next to Amarantha and began to work on the Assignment. "Wow I wonder Amarantha did he even see us come in?" James asked pulling on his Dragonskin gloves and applying his goggles and nosepieces.

TAG: Amarantha

OOC: I like how Nick leaves then he comes back with a new character. I want an Albus update....*crys* ok now I'm fine....but wait who has Josephine Weasely and Victoria Riddle now?
  16. Baathville728 Jedi Knight

OOC: Well I think anyone can take over those characters if they want. If not, I'll try to tackle them myself on top of everything else i have to do. however, I'd greatly appreciate it if someone adopted them as their own :).
  17. Darth_Sabith Jedi Master

star 4
    Character Sheet (GM approved)

Name: Godrick Uriel Prince
    Year: One
    Eyes: Red
    Hair: White
    Physical appearance: Taller then most his age he is kind of linky but fairly active for his age. His hair falls to about mid face with it being cut short in the back and sides. He normally wears either White and Silver wizard Robes or Black and Red robes with his family crest embedded on to them. When out of school he wears either all black or all white.

House: Slitherian
    Relatives: Snape (was his 3rd cousin muggle side), and Gregorovitch (his late Grandfather)
    Pureblood/Halfblood/Muggle: Half blood
    Favorite Class: None yet
    Personality: Pridefull, and some what arugent. He is also very loyal to his friends but is slow to make friends.
    Pets: None (his mother believes him to be to young)
    Other: His mother has given him a family ring with the family crest upon it.
    Wand: Elder wood with a Chimaera Scale (not the Elder wand)

Bio: Born in a Military Familly Godrick has spent most of his life traveling the world with his father who had seperated from his mother upon finding out she was a witch. Upon learning his son had been choosen to attend school at Hogwarts and following in his mothers footsteps Mr. Prince has given sole custady to his Ex-wife. Though he still visits when he gets the chance but being in the military he doesn't get the chance that often. Over the summer the young boy helped his mother run her wand shop and begain to learn the basics of wand lore.
    The shop is one of the three top shops in the world and Godrick's mother is amoung one of the more wealthy witches in the world. Yet this is the first time Godrick has ever seen his mother at work and is very proud of her work. They sale most of there wands to those of Slitherians and only the wealthiest Witches and Wizards can afford the wands at her shop. All wands are custom made, any wands she makes that doesn't work she sales the week before the start of Hogwarts at a discounted price to all.
    Since his mother learned he would be attending Hogwarts this year she has spent the entire summer making his own wand and after only 13 trys she managed to make her most priceless work of art. A elder wand for her son. On the train to Hogwarts Godrick sleeped most of the way and ignored most of the other students and only begain speaking to the others once he was placed in his new house.

Also I will resume my role as proffesor Basil Fenris
  18. Teegirloo Force Ghost

star 6
    Scorpius Malfoy
    1st Yr Slytherin

Charms Class, Hogwarts

Scorpius was pleased to see that his feather actually flew. He glanced over to his left and saw his roommate Edwin levitate his feather though not as high as Scorpiuse's feather. He saw Edwin give the thumbs up to him and Scorpius gave him a smile and nod back acknowledging that both did a good job.

"Oho! Mr. Malfoy! Mr. Dunbar! 10 Points for Slytherin. Well done, well done indeed. Everyone look around, see their feathers. Unfortunately however, we are out of time. Next lesson I expect to see everyone to get their feathers to hover for a minimum of 5 seconds at the end of the day. Class dismissed"

Scorpius got his books together and put the in his bag. "Good job Edwin. I cant believe we were the only ones that did it and got 10 pts out of that, Sweet!" He said to his friend as they were heading out the door to lunch.

TAG: Apadamek
  19. chanbill5390 Jedi Grand Master

star 4

"Listen Aurora, I'm sorry about what happened earlier. Slughorn shouldn't have even questioned the quality of your potion." Chandler whispered as he cleaned out his cauldron. "I really hope you don't hate me for being an insufferable showoff." he added dropping his head.

TAG: Aurora
  20. DarthTK42-Wan- Jedi Master

star 1
    Adrastos McClanahan

Mac burst into potions very late (unfortunately McGonagall had caught word of his exploits and detained him so now he would probably recieve two detentions instead of one) and noticed Chandler, who was no doubt a talented potion maker (though not as good as Mac), apologizing to Aurora for something. Mac made a Bee-line for Slughorn and addressed him " Professor sorry i'm late I just got a detention from McGonogall and i was hoping you would go over with me what we learned in class". "Not that I need it i could do anything from third year potions in my sleep" he thought he was of course according to witch weekly and the daily prophet "one of the finest and most promising potion makers in the last century"

Tag: GM
  21. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Sorry, Brutus, I just dislike having characters that aren't my own. I feel like I need to live up to that character's attitude and personality, which I can't always do..
  22. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Nick, did you really name your character Serj Tankian? :rolleyes:
  23. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Not to continue the OOC match, but I am really sorry. I was at a lack for good idea's and I was listening to him. Try to ignore the name, the character is different than the real life man.
  24. Baathville728 Jedi Knight

OOC: Sorry but can we save those kind of OOC posts for pms? Don't mean to be a jerk, it's just the same effect in a pm w/o everyone else readin it. Thanks.
  25. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    Kendrix McCully

Kednrix dipped her quill into her ink pot and was about to continue her writing, when Marlin's voice caught her ear and she looked up once again from what she was doing.

"Really?!...I mean 'Really', I can't wa...I mean I could really use you're help. See you there in the library at 6?"

"Yes, ok thats fine, I guess I'll, I'll see you there then"

She said to him quietly before staring back into the pages of her book. Kendrix heard Serj's voice this time instead of seeing a note and it was then she noticed he had moved seats in favour of one closer to her. He too spoke in a whisper so as not to attract the attention of proffessor Bones

?Drixxy, he most certainly fancies you. Just because he is of age, doesn?t negate the testosterone flowing through him. Just give it some time.?

"Maybe..."

Kendrix said under her breath as she stared ahead of her, lost in thought. She could name practically all the plants in herbology and thier uses, brave a quidditch pitch and quaffles being thrown at her left right and centre, but when it came to guys, it was like giving a broomstick to an everyday muggle and telling them to fly. Almost certain to end in disaster. But still, she had agreed to help Marlin with the goblin wars, she just hoped that she wouldn't make a fool out of herself anytime in the foreseeable future

TAG: Nick, Baathville
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.