1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Harry Potter and the Feather in the Foxhole (still accepting new players!)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by LeiaHair, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Serj Tankian
    History of Magic

Serj glanced at Kendrix?s paper and sneaked a smile before hiding it away. Serj tapped the paper whispered to her.

?I hope you are little better at this stuff than that last answer suggests, Drixxy.?

Serj smiled again and held this one on his face.

?I am going to take a guess and say you are nervous??

Tag: Leigh
  2. Baathville728 Jedi Knight

IC: Professor Slughorn
    Potions Room

" Professor sorry i'm late I just got a detention from McGonogall and i was hoping you would go over with me what we learned in class". "Not that I need it i could do anything from third year potions in my sleep," said young Adrastos.

"Well boy, I saw the stunt you pulled last night, and you very well deserved that detention,' said Slughorn, causing Mac to frown."However, I know precisely why you did it. It was for the attention of that young Weasley girl, Elysium I believe. Not a bad choice. I taught her aunt Ginevra, and if little Elysium has any of her aunt's fire then I can understand your being smitten. I will excuse this only once, because I do not feel it is my duty to punish young ones in love," finished Slughorn with a smile directed to no one. "You are just going to simply make a potion to cure most poisons. Come to my office around 6 and you can do it then. Good day, Mr McClanahan."

TAG: Adrastos

NRC: Marlin Wake
    History of Magic

"Yes, ok thats fine, I guess I'll, I'll see you there then,"said Kendrix.

"Okay great, I really have wanted to do this for a while now," said Marlin, realizng he might have laid that on too heavily. "Understand Goblin Wars I mean. Yea.. heh heh." Wow was he blowing it. He fianlly gathers up the courage to ask Kendrix to spend some time with him and she said yes. And now he was making a fool of himself. He would never forgive himself if he messed up his chances with her, it was after all their last year at Hogwarts.

"Well I'll see you there," said Marlin awkwardly.

TAG: Kendrix

3. mosrael_the_waker Jedi Knight

star 1
    Elysium Weasley
    Potions

When the first person to come trotting into the Arithmancy classroom was a fourth year Elysium consulted her timetables once more. Double Potions! Elysium crammed all of her things into her bag and made a dash from the second floor classroom to the dungeons. Being late to the first class of the day would be icing on the cake for this horrific morning.

Elysium slipped through the door as Professor Slughorn entered the class room. She quickly scanned the srudents for a seat near the entrance, and ended up sharing a caldron with Mac?s Slytherin friend. Elysium managed to unpack her things as Slughorn gave them instructions. She glanced at her partner?s scroll before? Pogue! She knew it started with a p.

?So,? Elysium tried to make conversation when she was interrupted by Mac bursting into the dungeons. Elysium was distracted for only a moment before returning to the task at hand, "So, what are we doing?"

Tag: melot
  4. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Amarantha Williams
    Greenhouse, Herbology

"Wow I wonder...Amarantha, did he even see us come in?" James said.

Still scrutinizing the plant in front of her, Amarantha shrugged. "Does it matter? We came in just as the bell rang and he didn't take any points off, so I think it's best we leave it alone." Scowling at the filberweed, she added, in a slightly disgusted tone, "Wish we could leave these alone. I assume we're supposed to collect the excrement, but how?" She tentatively poked at the leaves. "Ugh, no one is going to want lunch after this class..."

Tag: Darth_Brutus666, GM

IC: Aurora Morley
    Potions

"Listen Aurora, I'm sorry about what happened earlier. Slughorn shouldn't have even questioned the quality of your potion." Chandler whispered as he cleaned out his cauldron. "I really hope you don't hate me for being an insufferable show-off."

Aurora shook her head as she also began clearing her work area. "Don't worry about it," she replied.

Mac suddenly burst in then, and though she didn't hear everything he said to Professor Slughorn, Aurora was fairly sure she caught the words "McGonagall" and "detention."

"Sounds like he didn't get away with this morning's stunt, after all," Neal remarked to her as he passed by on his way to turn in his potion sample.

Aurora gave her friend a look. "Like one more little detention is going to stop him."

Tag: chanbill5390, DarthTK42-Wan-, Potions, GM
  5. Melot Jedi Padawan

Pogue Pritchard
    Potions Dungeons

Pogue had arrived in class with a few other students, though one other was already concocting a potion. He sat quietly, scanning his Arithmancy book for next period as the rest of the class trickled into the room. Again he listened intently to the assignment and consulted several potions in a handbook his mother gave him before deciding on one unique to his family.

This particular potion was an adaptation of an American Indian concoction passed down from his Chickahominee ancestors. Usually the steam from the simmering potion was inhaled, but his mother?s great-grandmother managed to create the same effect in a drinkable potion. The potion was coming along swimmingly and Pogue had only a few steps left before it was complete when he felt a slight breeze. Someone was now occupying the stool next to him. He couldn?t believe who would arrive to class late, let alone on the first day.

?So,?

Pogue was flabbergasted. Elysium Weasley was late to class... Elysium Weasley was sitting next to him? This was the opportunity he had been waiting for, an opportunity to ask her all those geeky questions. He had suddenly forgotten everything.

?So, what are we doing??

?Um, well, ahem, um...? This was not going well. Pogue swallowed hard and focused on forming a coherent sentence, ?We are creating antidotes to common poisons, you know, other than Bezoar.?

Tag: mosrael_the_waker, gm
  6. Darth_Sabith Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Godrick Uriel Prince

It had been Godricks first day and he had already skipped his first class. Granted he didn't see much use for charms anyways and as he made his way towards the great hall it seemed he didn't miss much. From what everyone was talking about then his house was the only ones able to perform the difficult task. Slowly he made his way to the tables and towards the green banners with the serpent on them. He had never knew his cousin Snape the head master of Hogwarts after the Fabled Dumbledor. Yet he was proud of his blood line and was glad to be in the house that true wizards where made.

Finding a seat wasn't difficult (many because he had missed his class because he had over slept) When he had awoken from his slumber and discovered how late he was he had desided to just miss the whole lesson to have a better tour of the castle. Though it was much larger then he had orignally believed it was. Godrick didn't care about anyone here as he had yet to make any friends and thus choose to sit by himself. Taking a few biscutes and a piece of steak Godrick begain to eat what was more of a breakfeast then a lunch. His green school robes had managed to have him blend in a bit with some of the older students but he was still to young. He felt Lucky that his mother had packed him so many changes of robes and he might even be able to sell a few to some of his fellow first years if he needed to.
    Tag: Any
  7. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Kendrix McCully
    History of Magic classroom

?I hope you are little better at this stuff than that last answer suggests, Drixxy.?

Kendrix looked at Serj, puzzled before looking down at her parchment. She sighed, rolling her eyes and hurriedly corrected the distracted scribble. Looking back at Serj, who was smiling

?I am going to take a guess and say you are nervous??

Hmm, what do you think?...of course I'm bloody nervous! And all this talking about it isnt helping any..."

She whispered, elbowing him slightly in the arm as if to say let the subject drop

TAG: Nick
  8. Apadamek Jedi Knight

star 3
    ic: Edwin Dunbar:

They'd gotten ten points! HA! as Edwin walked down the hall with Scorpius he nodded "yeah i know, that was one fine first lesson, i wonder what the others will be like." He glanced around, had they really been the only ones able to lift the feathers? Admittedly Scorpius made it fly, Edwin only able to make it hover a little bit. "you think the other first years will be mad?"

Tag: Scorpius.
  9. Darth_Sabith Jedi Master

star 4
  10. Baathville728 Jedi Knight

OOC: Well I am a bit confused. Right now I am not tagged by anyone so I haven't posted anything, yet plenty of other people have been tagged. Joesha told me she would have a new update here pretty soon so I hope that is true. I am just confused as to why everyone just stopped with so many different things going on.
  11. Baathville728 Jedi Knight

Update: Class Schedules
    OOC:I don't want to mess with making schedules for individual students or ones that don't want to take specific droppable subjects, like COMC or Divination but I have given some options to older students if they want one or the other class. This is just a flat schedule that will pertain to each year, this is hard enough so I hope nobody has a problem follwoing it. Lunch is in between 3rd and fourth class. If there's a msitake that I missed, pm me and I'll try to fix it. this took about 45 minutes to do.Thank you.

First Years
    1st Class: Charms
    2nd Class: History of Magic
    3rd Class: Defnse Against the Dark Arts
    4th Class: Herbology
    5th Class: Potions
    6th Class: Transfiguration

Second Years
    1st Class: Transfiguration
    2nd Class: Charms
    3rd Class:History of Magic
    4th Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts
    5th Class: Herbology
    6th Class: Potions

Third Years
    1st Class: Care of Magical Creatures or Muggle Studies
    2nd Class: Astoronomy or Divination
    3rd Class: Charms
    4th Class: History of Magic
    5th Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts
    6th Class: Herbology
    7th Class: Potions
    8th Class: Transfiguration

Fourth Years
    1st Class: Ancient Ruins or Astronomy
    2nd Class: Transfiguration
    3rd Class: Care of Magical Creatures or Muggle Studies
    4th Class: Charms
    5th Class: History of Magic
    6th Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts
    7th Class: Herbology
    8th Class: Potions

Fifth Years
    1st Class: Potions
    2nd Class: Arithmancy or Ancient Ruins
    3rd Class: Transfiguration
    4th Class: Care of Magical Creatures or Astronomy
    5th Class: Charms
    6th Class: History of Magic
    7th Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts
    8th Class: Herbology

Sixth years
    1st Class: Herbology
    2nd Class: Potions
    3rd Class: Arithmancy or Divination
    4th Class: Transfiguration
    5th Class: Care of Magical Creatures or Muggle Studies
    6th Class: Charms
    7th Class: History of Magic
    8th Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts

Seventh Years
    1st Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts
    2nd Class: Herbology
    3rd Class: Potions
    4th Class: Divination or Arithmancy
    5th Class: Transfiguration
    6th Class: Ancient Ruins or Astronomy
    7th Class: Charms
    8th Class: History of Magic

Go ahead and take yourselves to lunch now, converse about your first classes and be on with it. Sorry I didn't put this up sooner, been kind of busy. Let's get a little action going, we had several good dialogues going on, what happened?
    -Jeremy

12. chanbill5390 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    OOC: I have a slight problem with the third year schedule. When you say we have either Astronomy or Divination as a morning class that is a bit inaccurate. First of all Astronomy is a core subject, everyone has it. Second it wouldn't be taken during the day. Thats the only problem I have though.
  13. Baathville728 Jedi Knight

Ok Do not follow that schedule, I am revamping it and making every class available with different time periods. Lunch between 3rd and 4th class and dinner between 8th and 9th class.Don't do anything yet, i'm really sorry for that.
  14. Baathville728 Jedi Knight

The real schedule, courtesy of JediMasterAnne. Thank her when you get the chance, because this is how things really should work. again I can't apologize enough for putting that crap schedule up before.I was in a rush to get things started back up and didn't do my best work, not even close. But this one looks good to me and hopefully to all of you guys too.

First Years
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday:
    Lunch
    Monday night only: Astronomy @ 7:30

Tuesday, Thursday:
    Lunch
    3rd Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts
    4th Class: Potions

Second Years
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday:
    2nd Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts
    Lunch
    Wednesday night only: Astronomy @ 7:30

Tuesday, Thursday:
    Lunch
    3rd Class: History of Magic

Third years and above please note: ?Elective? specifies Ancient Runes, Arithmancy, Care of Magical Creatures, Divination, and Muggle Studies. Depending on how many and which classes you take, this may differ from day to day and it is at your discretion which class is on which day, so long as you are in a class at the specified time. Take care not to have mixed classes (i.e., a third year and a seventh year in the same class at the same time.)

Third years:
    Monday:
    2nd Class: Elective
    Lunch

Tuesday:
    Lunch

Wednesday:
    Lunch

Thursday:
    1st Class: History of Magic
    Lunch
    Thursday night @ 7:30: Astronomy

Friday:
    Lunch
    4th Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts

Fourth Years
    Monday:
    1st Class: Elective
    Lunch

Tuesday:
    Lunch
    Tuesday night @ 7:30: Astronomy

Wednesday:
    Lunch
    3rd Class: Herbology

Thursday:
    2nd Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts
    Lunch
    4th Class: Charms

Friday:
    Lunch

Fifth Years: We have no Fifth Years as yet, so I am not writing a schedule for them

Sixth years
    Monday:
    Lunch
    4th Class: Elective

Tuesday:
    Lunch

Wednesday:
    Lunch

Thursday:
    Lunch
    3rd Class: Herbology

Friday:
    Lunch
    3rd Class: Elective
    Friday night @ 7:30: Astronomy (if taken)

Seventh Years
    Monday:
    Lunch
    Monday night at 8:30: Astronomy (if taken)

Tuesday:
    Lunch

Wednesday:
    Lunch
    4th Class: D
  15. Darth_Sabith Jedi Master

star 4

IC:Basil Fenris

"Well class I have to say I am dissappointed in the whole lot of you. Granted it's your first day back to Hogwarts but for those of you who have choosen to remain in my class I expected much more from you." Said Basil before he let his students leave the class. In truth he was quite proud of them many of them had almost managed to transfigure there mice into cats. Yet some Basil wasn't proud of because they seemed to think his class to be unimportant.

"Now get out of my class room and don't forget you need to write me a 20 page essey on the properties of Transfiguration and the science behind it." Basil said as the last of his students left. They where six years and he knew few of them would pass this year and those that did would have even a harder year ahead of them. Sure he was considered one of the hardest if not thee hardest teacher in the school but he was renoun for his ablity to teach. Cleaning up the mess the students had made of his class room would be simple...all he had to do was flick his wrist and it would return to normal.
    Yet Basil didn't like to use magic for every thing and instead got to cleaning and prepairing for his next class which though would be much easier would prove just as difficult to the students.

Tag: Any/Gm

16. Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC; Ok still confused with the scedule but oh well.......

IC: James Potter

"Wish we could leave these alone. I assume we're supposed to collect the excrement, but how?" She tentatively poked at the leaves. "Ugh, no one is going to want lunch after this class..." Amarantha was Saying.

"Um, how about we squeeze the Stem on the Plant and if something comes out we collect it using the bucket." James suggested, "But if that doesn't work, then I'm out of ideas." James stared at the plant. "Oh and, I would still be hungry come lunch, with or without this class."

TAG: JediMasterAnne
  17. Baathville728 Jedi Knight

Professor Longbottom
    Herbology Greenhouses

Professor Longbottom had been watching his students struggle the entire class without anyone collecting puss. And then it hit him. Obviously, he hadn't told them how to collect the puss.

"Students. Students I am sorry. I believe I have forgotton to tell you exactly how to extract the puss. I am very sorry. You must sing to them. Sing and the excrement will come out of the tips of the tentacles. Don't sing anything to slow or they become anxious and their puss is altered. But if you sing something too fast then the Filberweeds' processes are stopped for three days and it's impossible to awaken them. Again I apologize, but on you go.

TAG: Second years

18. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: What's got you confused, D_B666?

Greenhouses, Herbology

"Um, how about we squeeze the Stem on the Plant and if something comes out we collect it using the bucket." James suggested, "But if that doesn't work, then I'm out of ideas." James stared at the plant. "Oh and, I would still be hungry come lunch, with or without this class."

Before Amamarantha could reply, Professor Longbottom interrupted. "Students. Students I am sorry. I believe I have forgotton to tell you exactly how to extract the puss. I am very sorry. You must sing to them. Sing and the excrement will come out of the tips of the tentacles. Don't sing anything to slow or they become anxious and their puss is altered. But if you sing something too fast then the Filberweeds' processes are stopped for three days and it's impossible to awaken them. Again I apologize, but on you go."

Amarantha cast another apprehensive look at the plant. A room full of adolescents (many of them boys, who were at that point in life when their voices started changing) singing to a bunch of smelly plants. This is going to be interesting... "Can you sing, James?"

19. Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: Baathville took care of it JMA

"Sing....uh right I can do that." James said sheepishly. James cleared his voice and began to Sing. "LalalalalalalalalaLA" James voice came out squeeky as his voice cracked. Meanwhile the plant did nothing. "Um maybe you should try singing Amarantha." James said staring at the motionless plant.

OOC: Like my singing lol
  20. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Is today Monday, for this purpose?
  21. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Yes, for this purpose, today is Monday.

Herbology

"Um, maybe you should try singing Amarantha," James said, staring at the motionless plant.

Still looking uncertainly at the plant, she began singing the first thing that came to mind:

"Hogwarts, Hogwarts,
    Hoggy warty Hogwarts,
    Teach us something please..."

As she continued through the school song, she kept her eyes on the plant, waiting for somthing to happen.

22. Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master

star 4

"Hogwarts, Hogwarts,
    Hoggy warty Hogwarts,
    Teach us something please..."

James watched as Amarantha finished singing, and slighty blushed at the pleasentness of her voice. Then James turned back to the Plant and saw the Tenticles exerting a goo of some sorts. "Look Amarantha, quick the pail."

23. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

star 4
    Herbology

"Look, Amarantha, quick, the pail." James was indicating the plant's tentacles, where she could see the pus being released. Grabbing their bucket, she quickly went to work collecting the substance.

24. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Baathville, should myself and Leigh move our characters to Herbology, aka second class?
  25. Baathville728 Jedi Knight

OOC: I was thinking more along the lines of going to lunch, talking about classes among your house and just conversing. I'm still counting on Joesha to get an update soon. I sent her a pm a couple days but she hasn't responded. I apologize it's slowed down, but it should pick up again here soon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.