main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Harry Potter and the Feather in the Foxhole (still accepting new players!)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by LeiaHair, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    IC:Willow Azure
    Hogwarts Express

Willow watched Alexander leave to change into his robes. "So not much longer now I guess." she spoke and looked out the window much more.

With her mother's diary still nestled in her arms the girl felt confident and not nearly as nervous as she had expected. Of course, that didn't mean she wasn't almost speechless. She had thought that at this point she would have been passed out but here she was and the other kids seemed nice.

Now the excitement was beginning to set in. If Hogwarts was anything like her mother had descibed then it was sure to a wonderful adventure.

TAG-Other first years

2. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Jonathan Grisworth

Jonathan nodded and looked somber. It was a very real request. It made sense that she wished it had never happened. He probably would. However, he was a perky little child, so he had a way to help himself up when in these situtations that seemed to drag him down. "You know what I always say in situations like this? It really seems to help." He gave her a moment to pay attention, then continued. "It is what it is. Just look at the positives. Sure, it's hard to see them when you're dealing with something like werewolf-ism, but they're there. For instance, you could be . And if you died, you'd have not met me and then I wouldn't have the chance to tell you this... although I bet you wished you had died instead of listening to me." At the end of that, his voice took on a joking tone. He was trying to cheer her up, and was hoping that it was working.

TAG: Zelda, others

3. Zelda_Skywalker

Zelda_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2005
    IC:Demitra Sarantakos III

She leaned up and listened to him, she couldn't help but smile. She laughed and then leaned back and stared at the ceiling.
    "It's not so bad being a werewolf. The pain, it's bad, but after awhile, you can learn to endure it. It's just, well, I know this sounds odd, but-" She looked back over at him.
    "How does someone love a werewolf? I haven't see my father since i'd been bitten, if he loves me still, I don't know. Friends, are few and far to come between." She sighed again, and pet the tabby cat on her stomach.
    "But I still have Hammy."

TAG:Jonathan

4. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Jonathan nodded again, biting his lip as he did so. He listened to her, and thought about what to say. "Well, that's a valid concern. A lot of people fear werewolves. They treat them differently because of what they are. But, hey, I figure I can be your friend at least until the full moon. I mean, that way, I'll be safe and you won't be alone." He was joking around again, not wanting to seem like he wasn't taking this seriously. He was simply trying to cheer her up some more. He enjoyed doing that.

5. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

She laughed, and looked over at him.
    "Well, Maybe this year won't be so lonely. And don't worry about the full moon, I'll be sure to leave the castle. Just do me a favor and watch over Hammy for me okay?"

6. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Jonathan shot the cat a dirty look. He spoke slowly, but with every intent to humor her. "I guess.... though I should tell you cats and I don't get along real well." It was true. They seemed to him, and he d them, so all was good. His consensus was that all cats were evil. That way, he didn't feel bad about disliking them. Although, he supposed that cats were kinda cute and cuddly... but that made them even more dangerous and loathsome, in his opinion. He looked up at Demitra and smiled, trying to reassure her that he would, if he must, care for the cat.

7. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

She laughed and pet Hammy's head, who blinked his large yellow eyes.
    "That's okay, I'll take him to one of the teachers like I did last year. Hammy is a sweet cat though. Want to pet him? He doesn't scratch, or bite. I promise."

8. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    IC: James Potter

"I don't know enough about broomstick models to make a recommendation...but Aurora's a third year, she's not leaving anytime soon."

"There is our 7th year though. " James says as he pulls out a broom magazine. "Hey how about a Thunderbolt, the new Firebolt model. May dad let my fly his, its awesome!! What do you think?"

TAG: JediMasterAnne,Randy1012

9. Bari_Solo

Bari_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2007
    IC: William Grindelwald

Hogwarts Express

~Alexander spoke of the Chamber of Secrets, and his belief that Voldemort and Potter had not discovered its true secrets. Perhaps this was true, next Alexander handed William a book. A book on the Dark Art's. Usefull for starters but nothing compared to what William had at his house. Although his father still thought him too young to read the books on the Dark arts. "Their pathetic tools, disgusting reveling in their own filth of breeding. pathetic." To these comments William burts in to a small fit of glee and laughter. He liked Edwin no doubt the two boys would get along well in the coming years. Alexander passed his snake around, Edwin took it without hesitation.~

~Alexander Nubis next spoke in parsetongue, William frowned at the boy. A most curious tealent indeed. No doubt he would be chosen in to Slytherin. "Not that you'd need books like that, I'm sure you have some gems." Spoke Edwin. To this comment William merely winked and smiled.~

"I believe the Dark Arts can not be learned from a mere book, but rather through experience and power of will. I hear there is another Potter amongst our ranks now.....Another hero, thats all we need."

~William decided that it be a good idea for himself to change in to robes as well. Pulling his robes from his trunk, William took off his muggle clothing and put on his Hogwarts robes. The Yew wand he had procured from Olivander lying in the open trunk. Stowing it in the pocket of his robes, William turned to Edwin.~

"I hope we get put in to the same house, i have a feeling we can achieve much."

TAG:Alexander, Edwin

10. Apadamek

Apadamek Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2007
    IC Edwin:

Edwin laughed along with William about the filthy unpure bloods for a moment before stopping. "Yes...Another potter, surrounded not by one, but by literally dozens of those weasleys, No doubt they'll pick fights like they always do, filthy impure halfbreeds." He scowled as he too changed in to his robes gripping his wand tightly as he came out of the small changing area.

"I hope we get put in to the same house, i have a feeling we can achieve much."
    Edwin looked at him quickly for a moment and then said with a slight smile "I agree, we'll be able to take Hogwarts by storm" he laughed. He stopped however when he heard the parsletougne. Odd he thought.

Tag, Anyone.

11. Randy1012

Randy1012 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2007
    Antares and Marius Black
    Hogwarts Express

"Those are okay, I guess," Antares allowed, looking at advertisement on the broom magazine. "But Marius and I have our own brooms our dad bought us before we left America."

"Not that it matters to me," Marius interjected. "I doubt I'll be trying out for Quidditch, no matter which house I end up in."

"What?!" Antares exclaimed, staring at his twin as if he'd just uttered blasphemy. "Why not?" At Marius' look, Antares glanced back at James and Amarantha. "Right, I forgot, Marius isn't really into sports. He has more fun reading his books."

As if to illustrate his brother's point, Marius pulled open his copy of Hogwarts, A History, and began thumbing through it. No doubt he was looking for anything related to Phineas Nigellus Black.

Antares rolled his eyes. "Anyway, Quodpot's kinda like Quidditch, but with some differences," he explained, turning to Amarantha again. "There's only one ball, called a Quod, which is enchanted to explode randomly. There are eleven players on each team, and they pass the Quod around, trying to keep the other team from getting it before they can get it into the pot. The pot is filled with some kinda solution that keeps the Quod from blowing up.

"Every time a team gets the Quod into the pot, they get a point. Any player holding the Quod when it explodes is out of the game, which ends once all the players have been knocked out." He sat back in his seat and grinned. "So, it's kinda like the Muggles' soccer over here and football in the U.S., one is really boring and the other's a lot more exciting."

TAG: JediMasterAnne, Darth_Brutus

12. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    IC: Alexander Nubis
    Hogwart's Express

"Not that you'd need books like that, I'm sure you have some gems." Spoke Edwin to William.

"I believe the Dark Arts can not be learned from a mere book, but rather through experience and power of will. I hear there is another Potter amongst our ranks now.....Another hero, thats all we need."

At this Edwin gave a hard laugh "Yes...Another potter, surrounded not by one, but by literally dozens of those weasleys, No doubt they'll pick fights like they always do, filthy impure halfbreeds."

Said William as he to begain to change into his school robes. Once dressed William once more turned towards Edwin and spoke "I hope we get put in to the same house, i have a feeling we can achieve much."

Edwin stopped for a moment with a smile on his face. Then responded "I agree, we'll be able to take Hogwarts by storm".

It was only then that the two boy's seem to have noticed Alexander speaking to his snake with a hint of instrust.

"What am I not allowed to talk to my pets? Is it
    so uncommon that you two have to stare at me like that. If you must know I can speak to any animal in there own tounge due to my familly blood."

Alexander didn't know why he was angrey probley due to the half blood statements and decieded it would be best not to tell them about his druid father. "As for the Potters there are actually two of them. This time and I think you'd like to know that Victoria Riddle is a friend of mine and there's. Granted I'm not crazy about Albus but he's alright...at lest for now. He even wants to get into Slitherian at that."
    Tag: William and Edwin.

13. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    IC: James Potter

"Anyway, Quodpot's kinda like Quidditch, but with some differences," he explained, turning to Amarantha again. "There's only one ball, called a Quod, which is enchanted to explode randomly. There are eleven players on each team, and they pass the Quod around, trying to keep the other team from getting it before they can get it into the pot. The pot is filled with some kinda solution that keeps the Quod from blowing up.

"Every time a team gets the Quod into the pot, they get a point. Any player holding the Quod when it explodes is out of the game, which ends once all the players have been knocked out." He sat back in his seat and grinned. "So, it's kinda like the Muggles' soccer over here and football in the U.S., one is really boring and the other's a lot more exciting."

"Wouldn't you be burned when it explodes?" James asks, wondering if anyone has died from this American sport.

OOC: Sorry for the short post. anyways um Randy1012, arn't your characters in Griffyndor and Slytherin?

14. Bari_Solo

Feb 20, 2007

Hogwarts Express.

~Alexander gave an explanation for his unusual ability, the young wizards temper flaired. William thaught this odd as neither he nor Edwin had said much to spark the slight outburst. Maybe Alexander was not angry at the looks he had received from the two boys, but rather at the comment's that had been made about blood status. The words of Alexander about the potters surprised William somewhat. If the new Potter wished to be in Slytherin maybe there was some sort of intelligence there after all. William looked dangerously at Alexander, a frown upon his face.~

"What blood status are you Alexander? Are you.....pure blood?My friend here Edwin is pure blood for sure, i have not even asked him but i know. You i am not sure of, what blood status are you?"

~William repeated the question, deliberately moving a little closer to Alexander. His green eyes fixed upon Alexanders. Head bowed slighly to the side, patiently awaiting an answer.~

TAG:Alexander,Edwin

15. Apadamek

Apadamek Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2007
    IC
    Edwin Dunbar

Edwin looked a little surprised at Alexanders sudden outburst. "We were simply surprised" he said his voice suddenly turning cold "Theres no need to get argumentative." he was interested by his final statement Victoria Riddle eh? and a potter who wants to be in Slytherin. This would be an interesting year he thought to himself, watching silently as William pressed Alexander for his blood status, he nodded solemnly when William said "my friend Edwin is pure blood for sure."

Tags, Alexander, William.

16. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    Still on the train

William now took intress in Alexander but it wasn't the intrest Alexander wanted.
    "What blood status are you Alexander? Are you.....pure blood?My friend here Edwin is pure blood for sure, i have not even asked him but i know. You i am not sure of, what blood status are you?"

As William came closer Alexander knew he need to answer "I'm pure blood, My father's a druid though which will explain why I talk to animals won't it, and my mum's a witch. Although I know a few half bloods that are alright, but my familly tree comes from Merlin himself and Gryffendor. Granted the tree's branches are a bit hard to follow at times." Said Alexander to William as he refused to back down and slowly pulled forth his own wand. "And this is my family heirloom the wand of Merlin made from Elder wood and inside is a chimara's scale very rare even by today's standers."
    Tag: William and Edwin

17. LeiaHair

LeiaHair Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    OOC: Alright, so far so good... but they're still testing to see what the problem is. I have company comming this weekend, and will be forced away from my computer. I will leave you with this short post so that we are ready on Tuesday for the BIG UPDATE. Those of you waiting on tags from me, please excuse my delay... I only have 5 minutes to get this up (or my mother will kick me off before I even finish!!!) If they are NRCs, feel free to move them... or wait untill Tuesday. I am so sorry.

Keep up the great posts!

Hogwarts Express

The castle was growing bigger, like the smile of the old, wrinkly conductor. His white whisps of hair were pulled loosely into a pony tail that hung from the red and black conductor's hat and his boney fingers hoovered around the drawstring of the Whistle. Suddenly, a large gold sign zoomed past the train. With surprising speed, the old man pulled the whistle and it let out a loud cry the echoed through the train.

Returning students knew it was time to change and their compartments buzzed to life. The first years though, looked dumbly at eachother not knowing what to do. Prefects knew the drill, they quickly threw on their robes, then walked the train to make sure everyone was changing into their black robes.

It was utter caos in one car, for someone had decided to start a shoe fight between Slytherins and Gryffindors. Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs in that car quickly joined in, and soon is was a free for all... and every man was now for himself. Laughter and calls of pain filled the car, the noise bleeding into the other two cars on either side of it.

The conductor laughed as the candy witch updated him on the status of the students. In all his hundred years of conducting the train, he had never had a shoe fight. Duels, beheadings, fistfights... but this good natured shoe fight topped the list.

If only he were 50 years younger, he'd join the fun, he thought. No doubt the Prefects would put an end to it soon enough.

TAG: Everyone.

NOTE: There are 4 passenger cars, one baggage car, and the engine. The 3rd car in the line is where the fight is. Feel free to join! Think of it as a food fight... but with shoes. If your character is a prefect (5th years and up) feel free to put a stop to it. I'll be back on tuesday.

Mosrael and LDU are here to keep the peace. If they feel something is out of hand, they have my permission to slap anyone who needs slappin. So PLEASE behave for them.

18. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

The whistle blew and she knew it meant that it was time to change into her robes. She nudged Hammy in his side and he jumped down onto the compartment floor, meowing softly. She kneeled down beside her trunk and took out her robes. She threw Hammy a chocolate frog, which he held down with his white paw and nibbled at it. She took off her black vinyl trench coat and threw it back in her trunk. She took off her necklaces and laid them on the seat and put the vestlike shirt over the tshirt she was wearing. She put on the Gryffindor tie, but left it untucked. She put her necklaces back on, then the Gryffindor robe. Unlike the other female students, she wore pants instead of a skirt. On her pants were studded belts, and she wore a chain. She began to shut her trunk, and heard yelling and screaming in the halls. She went over and opened the door and saw hundreds of students fighting in the halls. She looked back at Jonathan and excitedly told him.
    "Fight in the corrdiors!"

19. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006

Suddenly a loud Wistle sounded and there was a large commution from the hall way outside. Before either Edwin or William could speak about the wand Alexander placed it once more inside his robes close to his heart. "Well I think we will be at Hogwarts soon. I think I'll return to my compartment and have a word with Victoria and Willow before we get to Hogwarts if either of you want to join me I'd like to be the first off this Train if I can be." Alexander turned to leave slowly opening the trains compartment door and while he did so he found it instursting that the two hadn't even noticed or cared about the phinox on his shoulder. "Well you two coming or not." Said Alexander with a smug smile on his face and before they could respond he headed back to the compartment with Albus, Willow, Victoria and the rest.
    Tag: Any

20. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Jonathan was about to reply, when he heard the whistle blow. He knew what it meant, and was ready. He was already dressed. All he had to do was put on his Gryffindor tie, and pull his black robe over his shirt and he was ready. He was digging through his chest, replacing books, quills, parchment... anything he had taken out. He looked up as Demitra called out to him.

"Fight in the corridors!" Jonathan poked his head out into the corridor, and saw the carnage around him. He simply shrugged and went back into the car, sitting down. He didn't care much for watching fights.

TAG: Any

21. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

"Don't like fights, eh?" She questioned as he looked, then retook his seat.
    "Personally, They're not as fun as when you're in a fight. Being in the fight is alot funner. Did i know what that was over, I'd probably join in."

22. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Jonathan shrugged and smiled. "I don't like fighting for fighting's sake. If I don't have a reason to fight, I won't fight. Simple as that." He looked at her, then asked with a quizzical look on his face. "So, why do you like to fight?" He raised an eyebrow as he asked. "I mean, I guess it's alright, but I don't understand, so enlighten me." Jonathan personally didn't see the point in fights... this has been stated before. He figured that talking out problems, or in a worse case scenario sneaking in and pulling a prank on someone were firstly, much more effective and secondly much more fun. Duking it out didn't pique his interested at all. Although, with what little dueling he'd done, it dueling was rather fun.

23. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

"of course. I love to fight." She went back over to her seat, and called Hammy to her. She picked him up and pet his fur.
    "I dunno, I guess i like it because, one, I have nothing better to do, and two, because, usually if i'm fighting, it's for something i love, or something i stand up for, so it makes me feel like i'm doing something special."

24. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Amarantha Williams
    Hogwarts Express

"Anyway, Quodpot's kinda like Quidditch, but with some differences," Antares explained. "There's only one ball, called a Quod, which is enchanted to explode randomly. There are eleven players on each team, and they pass the Quod around, trying to keep the other team from getting it before they can get it into the pot. The pot is filled with some kinda solution that keeps the Quod from blowing up.

"Wouldn't you get burned when it explodes?" James asked.

Amarantha shrugged. "It sounds kind of like 'hot potato' on brooms, to me," she said, before returning her attention to her Charms book. A whistle sounded at that moment, the signal for students to change into their uniforms if they had not already done so. Amarantha had thought ahead when leaving her parents' house, and arrived on the train already wearing her skirt and blouse--no way she would risk having to change clothes in a compartment full of boys. Putting her book aside, she pulled her trunk down from the luggage rack and took out her red-and-gold striped tie and black cloak, quickly putting them on before sitting down again and resuming her reading, absently petting her cat while she read.

Tag: Darth_Brutus666, Randy1012

IC: Aurora Morley
    Hogwarts Express

Aurora caught Elysium's wink and smiled, just before the conductor's whistle sounded. She, too, had arrived on the train already in uniform, and upon hearing the whistle, merely stored her remaining Every Flavor Beans in her trunk--she didn't want to spoil her appetite before the feast.

As she was returning her trunk to the luggage rack, she heard a commotion in the corridor. With Neal right behind her, she pushed open the compartment door and poked her head out, before promptly pulling it right back in as a shoe, of all things, went soaring by, passing right through the space where her head had been only moments earlier. Rolling her eyes, she squeezed past Neal and moved back to her seat, picking up Cricket as she sat back down. "Mac's shoe isn't the only one that's flying," she said. "Someone's started a fight, and apparently thought footwear makes for a good projectile."

Tag: mosrael-the-waker, DarthTK42-Wan-

25. Bari_Solo

Feb 20, 2007

Hogwarts Express.

~Alexander was indeed a pure blood. To his words William nodded, a look of acceptance upon his face. Next Alexander braught forth a wand made of Elder wood. A rare one by the looks of it. So many rare objects this young wizard had William thaught to himself. Most curious indeed. At the front of the train a there was a whistle. William turned towards the sound ignoring Alexander's words.~

~It seemed that in the other compartments a row had broken out between students. Comotion could be heard as far up as their own carriage. William looked at Edwin, his green eyes full of mischief. He spoke in a voice that was barely able to contain his excitment.~

"Let's show them some real fun."

TAG:Edwin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.