main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire discussion...What'd you think??

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    This seemed like a good place to stick this, changed the old cook out thread to Harry Potter.
    I will be going out to the Rave after my classes get out on Thursday, which is around noon so I'll be out there around 1 or 1:30 to stake out our groups place in line. They have expanded the showing to two theatres and say that it might get up to three so there will be a fairly decent sized crowd. Those of us I know of that I have tickets for already, just look for me when you get there and we'll group up. You might call as you come out (those of you coming after work or later) cause I might need somebody to bring me some dinner ;)
    Looking forward to it.
    Dodge, do you still need another ticket?? I still have a few extras, just let me know.

See everybody there...

Later
    Bacon
    [face_cowboy]

2. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    ...Wotcher, ArkanSITH. ;)

3. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    If you're scrolling to the bottom to see the latest post, refer to the first post, since I kind of get confused about computer things sometimes....Sorry about that, I think everyone will figure it out.

Later
    Bacon

4. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Probably would have been simpler to start a new thread, or add this to the Harry Potter discussion thread...

But I'm here to say I will be there. WANDS OUT.

5. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Yes, it would have been simpler, but my brain doesn't always do simpler...[face_hypnotized]
    It likes things complicated, so I shall do my best to complicate them...:confused:

Later...

Now, if I could just find a pink wig and a weird sisters t-shirt, I'd be all set...[face_thinking]

[face_cowboy]

6. Knight_DLockens

Knight_DLockens Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2005
    Kynstar will be there in line shortly after 4pm (unless she gets stuck in traffic)

7. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    OK, Now that we've seen it....

Here's my take. I liked it...but, and of course there's going to be a but...
    I liked how it worked out and I get the whole time thing. But, the first two movies that Chris C directed were longer than POA or this one, and I would have enjoyed seeing Mr. Weasley blow up the Dursley's fireplace.

Interesting that Neville gave Harry the Gillyweed instead of Dobby, (spent all the CG budget on dragons perhaps...)

Overall, I liked this directors style better that POA's.

Was this one rated PG-13???

Any other opinions???

Bacon

8. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I thought this one would be more scary than 3, but all in all I thought it was less scary. I may even let my kids see it sooner than 3, but I don't want them learning any unforgiveable curses anytime soon...

I loved it. I, of course, flinch a little first time through at all the places where they changed something--I have read the books way too many times. ;) But especially after my second viewing, I can say that I loved it! Can't wait to see it again! Can't wait to own it! (no I don't want a pirated copy!) ;)

9. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Anybody know when this comes out on video?

10. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    As I said on the other thread....

It's out at the dollar theatre...

Pay per View hasn't mentioned it yet...So, I'd go out on a limb and bet late March/early April...

(But thats just an educated guess..)

[face_pig]

11. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    March 7
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E6EK3S/qid=1140398645/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-6774975-9035013?s=dvd&v=glance&n=130

I'm thinking I'll go see it tomorrow with my sibs...

12. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I saw it Monday. It was fun to see it again. If it is still at the dollar theater, I may see it one more time before the video comes out.

I do still find myself analyzing all the things they changed and left out. I hope there are tons of deleted scenes.

13. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    DVD out March 7...

Soon, very soon...Goblet of fire will be Mine...MINE!!!!!!

Sorry, I'm stressed about having a faculty member ovserve my teaching today...I wasn't expecting it....
    So, I had to go all Palpatine there for a moment....

OK It's over now....Much better....

Bacon

14. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    So is anyone going at midnight to purchase it like me? Yes, I know I am psychotic.

15. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    What store are you hitting at midnight?

16. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I went to the Highway 10 Walmart. Sorry--we should have coordinated.

17. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Went to Hastings this morning cause they had t-shirts...and I'm a bit of a t-shirt junkie...

18. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    So is it a cool shirt? How much was the DVD at Hastings?

19. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    So, wudya think of the DVD? I wasn't that impressed with the deleted scenes--I was hoping for more stuff from the book that they left out--it was mostly just filler and tie-ins for the story line they went with. I wish there were some special feature on there talking about how they came to decide on that particular story arc--and what to leave out--how much was up to the script-writer(s) and how much made it to story-boards or animatics, etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.