main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by redsabreanakin, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    It's quite possible that he'll do a better job. Sometimes a new perspective is a good thing.

But, uh, if that music in the trailer is anything to go by, I won't be buying it.

2. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Oh Jesus no. That was the most clichéd music I've ever heard in association with Harry Potter... worse than the rock version of "Hedwig's Theme." I'm just glad it was done by Magic Box Music (a group of composers that score movie trailers) and not Patrick Doyle, who, if scores such as Henry V and A Little Princess are any indication, will write much better music.

3. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    There was a rock version of Hedwig's Theme?

Kill me now.

4. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    www.mugglenet.com/download.php?f=misc/hedwigtheme_remake.mp3

5. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Oh dear. I was about to type "not as untasteful as I would have thought" but then it exploded into metal-rock.

Oh dear. [face_plain]

Oh dear. [face_plain]

6. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    As long as they use the music from the international trailer, I won't be disappointed.

7. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    Um they wont prepare to be disappointed

The music in the International Teaser = music made by a company SPEFICIALLY FOR Teaser & Trailers. Prepare to be disappointed.

8. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    What MovieTrailerMusic said. (he/she'd know!)

9. mvwg3003

mvwg3003 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    [image=http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/6546/pip6ph.jpg]

10. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    John Williams isn't scoring this one :eek:. Why not?

The film will suffer without him.

11. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Williams was too busy with other projects to do this one. I don't think it will inherently be bad, as I said, a new perspective could be a great thing.

I believe, however, that if all the main themes are thrown out the window the film will suffer. For many people (myself included) they define the magical feel of the films, and to get rid of them would be akin to deviating majorly from JK's books and re-casting everyone.

12. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Do people not even read the threads they post in? It's already been confirmed that Doyle's using several of Williams' themes.

13. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Sorry, Mastadge, I didn't see your EDIT confirmation. Where did you get this from? I was under the impression there was still no word at all...

14. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Eek. Sorry. Didn't mean to sound that aggressive and snappish. My apologies. I think it was from a Doyle interview, but I can't remember at the moment.

15. mvwg3003

mvwg3003 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
  16. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    It was a fake report. There has been no real confirmation at this point.

17. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    That's a very interesting interview, mvwg3003. Makes me look forward to this score even more...

And that's all cool Mastadge. I'd get frustrated if I was in your position too. :) I wonder if you could try to find the interview so we can see if Cerrabore is right, and it was a fake report.

I hope not...

18. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    "John Williams' original themes will be in, including Hedwig's Theme with a "darker feel" (Warner Bros. owns the rights to these tracks, so they can be used). Harry's Wondrous World, which featured in both the Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets soundtracks will feature in this soundtrack, after it was left out of the Prisoner of Azkaban score. We should also look out for a "cool new theme (Knight Bus style)."
    http://www.hpana.com/news.18516.html

Now this was posted on February 26, before Doyle even began to write the score.

19. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    I was slightly disappointed when I heard that Williams wouldn't be scoring Goblet; after all, his score for Prisoner of Azkaban was sheer brilliance (it's a shame that only parts of the score made it onto the soundtrack). But I'm sure that Patrick Doyle will do a fine job, as he wouldn't have been picked for it if he wasn't capable.

20. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, that definately sounds fake, Cerrabore. Not only am I dubious as to the dating etc, I highly doubt that there would be a new 'Knight Bus' influenced theme (how out of place would that be in a much more darker film?). Also, was Harry's WW theme left out of Azkaban completely? Although it wasn't rerecorded for the soundtrack as it was for Chamber, I thought it still showed up during the film... I may be horribly wrong, however.

21. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    Harry's Wondrous World was not used in PoA at all. But there were allegedly plans to use it in the end credits; maybe it was even recorded.

22. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Yikes? The music in that trailer is just filler, IMHO. I hope Doyle's music is better.

23. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Interesting, Cerrabore. I thought I heard it somewhere. I was probably just getting confused with that and that other, new happy/hopeful theme. Forget it's name: it is played when Sirius escapes on Buckbeak.

24. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    Apparently, the PoA version of "Harry's Wondrous World" was played at the Hollywood Bowl concert last year, along with new concert versions of "A Window to the Past" and "Double Trouble." While tape recorders got the latter two, nobody recorded "Wondrous World" ... I wonder what it was like.

25. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Interesting... I always thought that our other two versions of HWW took a little too long to get to the point. I hope that's been changed.

And I hate Double Trouble. Hate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.