main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by redsabreanakin, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Why all the hate for that trailer song. I love it so much. It is some of the best music ever and if you dont like it you dont know what real music is.

2. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001

Obviously.

The trailer song was made for the trailer. Nothing to do with the actual score.

3. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Do you know what real anything is?

When you get older, you will learn to "critique" things. That means "to notice flaws."

4. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    But Cerrabore... KOTOR is the best game ever made...

5. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    Maybe, but its soundtrack sucks! I wish KotOR had been scored with the GoF trailer music.

6. han_solo_321

Dec 14, 2002
    Kotor's score was great. Not as good as Williams could have done but very close.

7. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001

[face_laugh]

han_solo_321, I think you'll find Cerrabore was being sarcastic. :p

8. han_solo_321

Dec 14, 2002
    Oh he was. Didn't Know That.

In a week the new trailer is coming out. I hope it has some new music on it :)

9. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah - the recording has started, has it not? So it is possible that we'll hear some new music, right?

10. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    The recording is finished actually, so yes, we might.

ttbk

11. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, the new trailer is out.

Do we hear new music in the background? I definately think so. The intro seems new enough, and I can't imagine why they'd track in that waltz type music if it wasn't new... looks to be quite a break from the past films, cinematically, by the way.

12. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    The music was terrible. Maybe the waltz was written by Doyle, and the bit of Hedwig's theme at the end was straight from Sorcerer's Stone, but otherwise it was Requiem for the Three Minutes of My Life I Wasted-style music.

13. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    I must admit I liked the first music that was played - a bit Elfman-esque. The waltz is okay, if it is original, I'll have to see how it works in the film. I agree with you though, the rest of it was awful: standard action dirge with no originality. It sounded like stock trailer music though. If it is in the film I will be upset.

14. RogueBoga1138

RogueBoga1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    I loved the waltz and the Goblet music. But the opening music was freakin horrible.

15. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    The new Goblet of Fire poster includes the credit "Harry Potter Themes by John Williams."

16. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Hoorah!!!

The world is saved!!! =D=

Now, obviously Hedwig's theme will be in it. Which others....?

17. han_solo_321

Dec 14, 2002
    I know! I hate that trailer music. It is so boring and hurts the trailer.

18. soriano329

soriano329 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    I don't know what you guys are talking about, I like the music in the trailor, it goes well with what is going on, and it will be great in the movie.

19. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    Then why are you partaking in this discussion?

20. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Now now be nice. He disagrees with you. Don't take just the one part of his statement and reply to that.

21. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    Sorry. In response to the other part of his statement:

The music from the trailer will not feature in the film. It was composed specifically for the trailer by a company that does trailer music.

I'm just a supporter of informed remarks. When someone says, "I don't really know what I'm talking about, but the music was cool, rock on," I have to be a little skeptical.

By the way, John Williams name is not featured on the newest Goblet posters.

22. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    John Williams not featured on the goblet posters huh? hmmm I guess his name won't be on Superman Returns either.

I guess I need to give the trailer a look and listen for the music....are we talking the international trailer?

I guess as long as some of the Williams themes are there....that's ok by me.

23. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    John Williams not featured on the goblet posters huh? hmmm I guess his name won't be on Superman Returns either.

What do you mean? It's been confirmed by the composer and director that the Superman march will feature in Superman Returns, but the only evidence for Williams's themes in Goblet of Fire is the one credit on the international poster.

24. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Well I could be wrong, but If I read your post above correctly it said Williams was not credited on the Goblet posters...but we know that Doyle is using some of his themes...so I just kinda figured that would be the same with SR. Ottman is writing his own music but still using the "march". Wouldn't that infer that Williams wouldn't be on the SR poster either?

well that's what I was thinking anyway...don't you think?

25. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    It hasn't been confirmed that Doyle is using Williams's themes. The only clue was the credit on the international poster, but that has not carried over to the new US posters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.