main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince 7/15/09

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Tatooinepadme, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I am starting this thread because the first show times are starting to pop up on Fandango. I am thinking about doing a midnight show for this. Come on, its me and Harry Potter. It will be playing in IMAX 3d. The times for the metreon are not up yet but I am wanted to see who else might be interested in going. I will let you know as soon as I get showtimes. See you on Sunday! :)

2. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I'm in. Got to get a jump on it before the Azkatraz crowd too :D Still working on that firewhiskey formula. The butterbeer recipe I found could probaby work for those kinders not into alcohol.

3. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Yeah Harry Potter is to Rachel as Star Wars is to me... :p I'd like to go. Do not like that $6 surcharge garbage the Metreon is doing for IMAX stuff now though, bastards...

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I'm in, midnight or opening night.

5. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Release date for "some" IMax showings o HALF Blood Prince delayed until May 29
    The Wall Street Journal is reporting today they have confirmed with the Chief Executive of Imax reports that there will be a delay in the release of the IMAX and IMAX 3D versions of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince here in the US. When WB first delayed the HBP film last fall, among the many problems it created was a scheduling problem for IMAX and the new Transformers film, thereby forcing Harry Potter fans to wait and see the sixth Harry Potter fans two weeks after the general release of the film. Fans can now see Half-Blood Prince in IMAX July 29. The paper reports this scheduling "means most Imax theaters will show "Harry Potter" starting July 29, two weeks after its July 14 opening in conventional theaters, the company confirmed. Richard Gelfond, Imax chief executive, said at least one Imax theater in New York and another in Los Angeles are scheduled to play "Harry Potter" starting July 14; the dates for international theaters are still being negotiated.

He added that it's a "high-class" problem to have, given that the first 12 minutes of "Harry Potter" will be exclusively in Imax 3D and a few scenes of "Transformers" were shot with Imax cameras, and those are features that have been popular with audiences in the past.

Source: The Leaky Cauldron

Let's hope San Francisco joins NY and LA in the exception.

DAMN YOU, MICHAEL BAY!:mad:

6. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    Its Warner Brothers fault for being greedy and not releasing it last December like they were supposed to. [face_money_eyes] I guess when we see it opening week it will have to be the regular version. [face_frustrated]

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    That is so bs... It's actually kinda sickening really... fierfeks...

8. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
  9. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I misread... not sickening... but still bs and annoying. fierfeks...

10. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    If it's not a day I'm watching my son, I'm in. Had a great time with you guys.... except for the frisk from the Don Castro PD.

11. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Hot Topic is sponsoring a contest to attend the NY Premier

Harry Potter Premiere Flyaway Contest

Enter now for a chance for you and a guest to attend the New York premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on July 9th!

One Grand Prize Winner Will Get:

* Two (2) Round-Trip Airfare Tickets
    * Hotel Accomodations, One (1) Room for Three (3) Nights
    * Two (2) Tickets to the New York premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince!

The rest is up to you, so enter for your chance to win!

https://community.hottopic.com/contestdetails/53

You must be a resident of the United States and over the age of 13 to be eligible. The contest closes June 26th.

12. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    Tanforan has posted its midnight shows, they are doing two a 12am and 12:10. Since it looks like we will be seeing it for the first week in 35mm, thanks to a certain car movie, [face_frustrated] would everyone prefer going to Tanforan over Metreon? Or do we want to wait and get confirmation on Metreon's times first?

13. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Ironic that this certain car movie's major product placement, the cars, are by GM.

Unless Metreon's IMax gets some sort of special dispensation, Tanforan is probably the most convenient place to meet.

14. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Tell you the truth I always prefer Tanforan to Metreon. lol

15. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008

I agree, tanforan has free and ample parking. I love going to the city, but most of the time it's a hassle.

16. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Yeah, pretty much the only reason to see a movie downtown is IMax. Tanforan is my theater of choice too, for all the same reasons Tom cited plus the food court.

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I don't mind waiting to see it in IMAX 3-D if the showtimes for those come after the official release (post Comic-Con), if that's going to be the case with Metreon.

18. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Also the seats are more comfy. :)

19. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    Well, Fandango has put on its site that the IMAX version is opening July 29. Darn you Michael Bay. :mad: So since everyone voted for Tanforan we will plan on doing the midnight show there. That will be tues July 14, although I guess the actually show is July 15. :D Tickets are on sale now for whoever wants to join us. Costco sells these vouchers too.

20. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    awsome, i'll get mine as soon as i get home

21. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Bought ours for the 12:01 show.

22. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Yet another chance to attend the New York premier:

Spotted in the Los Angeles Times this morning - a chance for mainland US residents to win two tickets to the US Premiere screening of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in New York City on July 9!

Here's what you have to do. Entrants must be legal US residents aged 21 or older, living in the 48 mainland states and DC (sorry, this is not open to AK/HI/Puerto Rico). Between the hours of 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on Wednesday July 1 and 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time on Thursday July 2, send a text message to 43KIX (43549) with the words "PREMIERE" and your zip code, e.g. "PREMIERE 90210".

Only one entry per person/household/mobile number. The winner will be notified by text to the mobile number used for entry. The grand prize is two tickets to the premiere, two nights' hotel accommodations and round-trip coach airfare to New York.

23. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Will have to do a marathon to prep... lol

24. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    I'll come.

25. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Just got tix for the 8:20 pm IMAX show at Metreon on 7/29.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.