main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince 7/15/09

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Tatooinepadme, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    So I take it you will not be joining us on Tuesday?

2. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    well, anyway, it got a 96% on rotten tomatoes. Do you guys wanna meet up before the movie on tuesday night and get some food/beer? We could meet up at BJ's brewerey or something

3. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Sounds good, Tom. Will call you Monday probably on details.

4. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    http://www.autism-society.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=14293&news_iv_ctrl=1882
    AMC and the Autism Society Announce Special Sensory Friendly Showing of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"
    Thursday, July 2, 2009
    By: Carin Yavorcik

Bonus show this July

Don?t miss the AMC/Autism Society Sensory Friendly Film line-up this summer! In addition to the July 11 showing of Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, due to the large amount of interest in the new Harry Potter movie, we?ll be having a second show on July 25. Now, families affected by autism that might not be able to see a traditional show will have a chance to watch Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on the big screen. We will also be showing G-Force on August 1.

In order to provide a more accepting and comfortable setting for this unique audience, the movie auditoriums will have their lights brought up and the sound turned down; families will be able to bring in their own gluten-free, casein-free snacks; and no previews or advertisements will be shown before the movie. Additionally, audience members are welcome to get up and dance, walk, shout or sing - in other words, AMC?s ?Silence is Golden®? policy will not be enforced unless the safety of the audience is questioned.

We are excited to be offering the program at four new theatres beginning July 11: the Houma Palace 10 in Houma, La.; the Indian River 24 in Vero Beach, Fla.; the Livonia 20 in Livonia, Mich.; and the Wayne 14 in Wayne, N.J. Find a participating theatre near you at www.autism-society.org/sensoryfilms.

AMC Van Ness 14 and the AMC Mercado 20 are the Bay Area theaters participating.

5. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    It turns out I have an extra ticket to the midnight show of Harry Potter tomorrow night at Tanfran. If you or someone you know would like it, let me know. It was bought with costco passes so the price is only $7.50.

6. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    http://bit.ly/14CJgS

"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" -- the sixth movie in the series based on J.K. Rowling's seven Harry Potter books -- had more than 2,700 sold-out screenings, according to MovieTickets.com.

The film had more than 1,500 midnight screening sellouts in the United States and finished as the No. 2 all-time movie for advance ticket sales at MovieTickets.com.

The film finished just behind "Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" in advanced sales.

It's 4:00, and I'm still pretty jazzed about this movie. Possibly one of my favs of the series.

7. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Ah angsty emo teenages... It was good though but they did deviate from the book a decent amount. (yes, I read, but that's between you and me okay? :p )

8. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    booo I didn't like it. It was soooo boring for real. I was expecting to do the escene with the fight between the Order and Deatheaters.. sucks. I really don't want to think how the 7th book is going to be in a film. :(

9. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Yeah they did down play the battle in the end a lot.

10. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    This had more the feeling of being the first chapter of a trilogy. Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 will be the quest for the Hocruxess and Pt 2 will have everything hitting, including, according to Director Yates, a 30-45 minute battle of Hogwarts.

11. ARASHI

Apr 9, 2005
    So I have to wait unti the thrid part to see some battles... that's not cool. The first part of book 7th is a little bit heavy the only part that could be fun it's the forest when they find the Sword & when they are capture for the werewolf besides that. It's the last half when everything turns fantastic, like the vault,returning to school,the first warning of Voldermort, then when Harry goes to confront him and more... jojooj

I'll skip the premier of Harry Potter VII -part 1

12. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Don't forget the attack at the beginning during the wedding in part 1. Also, I suspect they are going to go back and forth between the quest and what the DA are doing while at Hogwarts. It's mentioned in the books, but Rowling did not flesh it out in detail because she followed the trio.

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    So they are still doing the wedding? They're was no set up for that at all in HBP... Hmmm... I have to agree with Mirtha. It's kinda bs that they're splitting DH it into two movies and thus force the fans to fork out even more for both part. I think I appreciate the LOTR trilogy that much more because even though the movies did go insanely long but it was satisfying and right. Fierfekking studios...

14. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    It wont be a ripoff as long as both movies are at least 2 and a half hours. They could easily make DH into 2 movies that are 3 hours long each

15. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    The wedding is in for sure. And they were just filming scenes from the Potter chase with Hagrid and Harry on Sirious's motorcycle. And it's 2 movies because there's not much they can cut out from the book. One 5 hour movie would kill themselves in the theater because that would cut the showings down in half. And few people will sit through a 5 hour movie anyway.

16. ARASHI

Apr 9, 2005
    Really? they are going to show the wedding.. but it's kinda weird because Billy hasn't been mentioned in any of the movies and not even show any connection between LeFleur and the Weasley.. that's why I didn't mention that escene..
    So know you just really make me wonder how those movies are going to turn out..

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Exactly... unless they decide to establish all that back story for Bill and Fleur in the first part of DH.... I think it could of been done in 3 hours. :p

18. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    They are doing almost no editing on Deathly Hallows so you can expect everything that is in the book to be in the movies. That is why they decided to make two movies, because since they could not edit anything out of the book it would not all fit into one movie. They said they couldn't edit it because all the loose ends are being tied up and there were no extra subplotes that they could cut out, like in past movies. I am too wondering how they are going to do the bill/fleur thing but they have both been cast so we know they are in it. They also filmed the part at Shell Cottage. Now if we can just get John Williams back to finish this thing....

19. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Williams has already said he's willing to come back o finish off the series. Nicholas Hooper who has scored the last 2 films has already said he is not going to return. So the stars will probably align for the return of John Williams.

20. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Yeah JW's scores for the first two were brilliant and went well. Even since then they kinda lost their luster a bit even though the theme they used was based of his initial work.

21. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Three scores. He did Prisoner of Azkaban also. Patrick Doyle and Nicholas Hooper were OK I guess but I would have preferred maybe James Horner or even Bruce Boughton.

22. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Okay three scores then. Quite the Pot head now aren't ya? [face_laugh]

23. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Must be all the firewhiskey and butterbeer from last week.

24. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Something came up and it looks like I'll have to exchange my IMAX tickets tomorrow night for a rain check.

25. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    I finally saw this movie with my bro Sean. I must say it is the most hormonal Potter to date!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.